MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Black★Rock Shooter (TV) »» Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

125 52.30%
4 out of 5: Liked it

66 27.62%
3 out of 5: It was OK

29 12.13%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

10 4.18%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 3.77%
Voters: 239

02-24-12, 10:15 AM

razorblade81 said:

I don't have a problem with constructive criticism, but if you don't like it, don't watch it. If you watch it, and don't like it but have nothing to back up your opinion, keep your filth out of the forum and go watch your latest download of PreCure.

I don't like it, neither Guilty Crown, i hate from the bottom of my heart.
I watch to just to be able to slaughter more properly.
Seriously, you can not only watch good anime.
Sometimes you need to watch bad anime to understand why they are bad and understand why others are good.
Black Rock Shooter itself is very good, just happen to fall in bad hands.

Captain_GARlock said:

You have the humor of a large african lady.

02-24-12, 10:25 AM

That scene where Yomi was putting her face on that bed TOOK FOREVER.

02-24-12, 10:40 AM

TwinBrave said:

Evangelion's legacy.

02-24-12, 10:43 AM

PaninaManina said:
TwinBrave said:

Evangelion's legacy.

Haven't watched Evangelion yet, or ever :P

02-24-12, 10:49 AM

Mega Girl Problems.

Nothing to see here.

02-24-12, 11:32 AM

This episode was amazing. I don't care that Yomi went insane about a minor problem, but the emotion felt so real that I was in awe.

Saya-chan-sensei seems to be a genius lol.

5/5

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

02-24-12, 11:40 AM

These topics on BRS are the ones with the highest occurrence of "shit", "crap" and "fuck" of all database.

02-24-12, 11:43 AM

PaninaManina said:

This is another problem.
The action scenes are just weak and meaningless.
Black Rock is "immortal". Nothing hurt her, sadly.
If it was just the others Blacks, would make sense but even Dead Master seem not hurt her. DEAD, MASTER. MASTER OF DEATH. I would naturally think that she is overpower, truly capable to kill with her attacks, but nooooo.
The max that ordinary CG do is show some butts.

I believe the only way to kill off a character in the Other World is by beheading them. They're all kinda like machines; you have to cut the circuits that make them work to destroy them. Chariot looked like a broken robot when she was being dragged over to that pit.

02-24-12, 11:45 AM

PaninaManina said:
These topics on BRS are the ones with the highest occurrence of "shit", "crap" and "fuck" of all database.
Why are you here?

You cannot speak/type english properly, you are insulting the series and making jokes at random, without adding your views on anything.

All you've really said is that you like BRS itself, but the anime sucks, and then you have spent the last 3+ hours bashing on the series at random without reason.

I don't get you. If you have nothing to contribute other than:
PaninaManina said:
EMO!
BLACK TEARS OF SOCIETY!

PaninaManina said:
Yomi.... WORTS DRAMA EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
Manking couldn't make better shit.

Please Leave.
Modified by BRSxIgnition, 02-24-12, 11:51 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman

02-24-12, 11:55 AM

BRSxIgnition said:

You cannot speak/type english properly, you are insulting the series and making jokes at random, without adding your views on anything.

1. Not everyone is from America
2. When people don't like stuff they might get a little unfair. Or they're just plain bored.

BRSxIgnition said:
All you've really said is that you like BRS itself, but the anime sucks, and then you have spent the last 3+ hours bashing on the series at random without reason.

1. I like BRS too and I don't like this Anime. It's not a crime.
2. If not sure if troll or serious, don't feed it, whatever it is.
Aren't you wasting your energy on the wrong topic? Just ignore him if you don't like his comments. Just a hint to make life easier.

02-24-12, 11:59 AM

BRSxIgnition said:

I love how dark this all is, and I just wish that people would understand, that YES, the drama is overdone to the max, but it's SUPPOSED to be that way. It happens because of Saya, and the Dark World. The entire premise is that BRS is bearing this pain and helping others regain peace - I really like this plotline, and I actually hope things get darker from here.

But that means Saya is a moron, because aggravating emotions of people with actual problems would give her easier and faster results. If this was taking place at a juvenile home full of delinquents with some actual problems and not this "omg no one likes me" middle school crap, it would be a freaking awesome show. Or if the girls had some crazy shit happen to them irl like those in Madoka Magica.
"In the distant future I see open fields for far more important researches. Psychology will be based on a new foundation, that of the necessary acquirement of each mental power and capacity by gradation. Light will be thrown on the origin of man and his history." (Darwin, 1859)

02-24-12, 12:00 PM

YurikoRaine said:

2. If not sure if troll or serious, don't feed it, whatever it is.
Aren't you wasting your energy on the wrong topic? Just ignore him if you don't like his comments. Just a hint to make life easier.

I tried ever since I saw his first post.. eh - I won't bother anymore.

Also - I understand some people may not like it, but if they insult it, I'd like to have a reason for their views - I always give mine.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman

02-24-12, 12:02 PM

BRSxIgnition said:
I understand some people may not like it, but if they insult it, I'd like to have a reason for their views - I always give mine.

Yes and that's just fine but not everyone ticks that way. Raging about it is just a plain waste of energy because the chances of changing their behaviour are about 0.5%

02-24-12, 12:04 PM

So much potential, such a complete trainwreck.
Can't wait for next week.

02-24-12, 12:09 PM

razor39999 said:
But that means Saya is a moron, because aggravating emotions of people with actual problems would give her easier and faster results. If this was taking place at a juvenile home full of delinquents with some actual problems and not this "omg no one likes me" middle school crap, it would be a freaking awesome show. Or if the girls had some crazy shit happen to them irl like those in Madoka Magica.

No no no, I understand that the problems in Madoka were larger, but that's not the point. Saya is using the 'other selves' to blow these girl's problems out of proportion.

Saya must have a reason for executing her plan at this specific school. Mato/BRS seems different than all of the 'other-selves', so maybe it has to do with Mato, rather than the problems that the children have.

If she can multiply their problems either way, she would focus on Mato regardless.
- Filicia Heideman

02-24-12, 12:26 PM

my reaction was WTF happened to Yomi! XD She is like psycho @___@ But I liked this episode, can't wait for next one :D

02-24-12, 1:21 PM

BRSxIgnition said:
No no no, I understand that the problems in Madoka were larger, but that's not the point. Saya is using the 'other selves' to blow these girl's problems out of proportion.

Saya must have a reason for executing her plan at this specific school. Mato/BRS seems different than all of the 'other-selves', so maybe it has to do with Mato, rather than the problems that the children have.

If she can multiply their problems either way, she would focus on Mato regardless.

Mato's the main character, that's what makes her different. Plot-wise, perhaps it's that she's the only one trying to help these people, which is a bit weird in itself.

I'm just going to put down a list of why I think this show is terrible:
1) It's directed poorly. From the start, we were thrown into this weird clash of CGI fighting girls and teenage Melodrama, without any explanation. In the OVA this is sort of understandable, but here, no, there's no excuse. Sure, we get the idea now, but it shouldn't have taken this long.

2) More poor directing - this is a crucial point, hence the double listing, one scene transits to another, everything happens in a very rushed way. A perfect example would be the transit to Kagiri's backstory.

3) Inferior art and character designs to the OVA (minor quip)

4) The characters - They all act irrationally. I understand now that this is to do with that woman and the other world, but that's only because I'm here on this site. I should not need to do that. For ages I thought these girls were just behaving melodramatically and unreasonably for no reason other than it being a poor show.

5) The emotional scenes lack any impact because they are so laughable, and the build-up is ruined with awkward dialogue.

That's about it I think.

02-24-12, 1:43 PM

Kagari and Yomi have switched personalities.

The pacing is so weird; it's going way too fast, I think. The main characters in this show are all so emo and prone to very violent mood swings. Who gets this emotional this easily? Certainly no one that I know.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

02-24-12, 2:04 PM

OMG, this episode MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! As opposed to the other posts, I actually (at least to myself) suddenly had an epiphany. It goes like this:

Ok, so Arata (the basketball captain) suddenly goes and becomes knocked out (ep 3), all the while the counselor was grinning about what she has done. In this episode, Arata suddenly "doesn't remember" the humiliation she was brought under due to her confession. Anyway, this same "forgetfulness" is suddenly transcribed to Kagari, when she had her little talk with Yomi, and how she "doesn't understand why" but she loves her anyway. So basically, the counselor (as most if not all of us have theorized) is the hidden antagonist in this small series, and what's happening with the other world is translated into this world as quite literally "breaking" one's character, bringing the "memory" with it.

This brings me to the link to the OVA, and my theory/prediction. This series, by the look of things, actually is a PREQUEL. When Yomi goes berserk after hearing what Kagari said, suddenly, in the other world, chains, and SKULLS appeared against BRS. Also, in the beginning of the OVA, when Mato was "introducing" herself to Yomi, it might not even be that they actually met each other, but Yomi actually DOES NOT remember her. ----This is all I can muster up to this point. I know it's full of question, and holes within this theory, but I'll see if the last 4 eps support or negate this.
[img]http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/flipside101/IcIRcn1316192008.gif[/img]

02-24-12, 2:14 PM

BRSxIgnition said:
Why are you here?

Am I back to page 3?
Those are just my first impressions. Now read page 4 and discuss my "random jokes".

BRSxIgnition said:

After spending twenty tree agonizing minutes watching this, this thing deserve twenty tree hours rage to heal all the scars left on my heart. At least.

And please, I can not speak english properly, but you can or at last try speak portuguese? The lazy here is not me.
Stop with that attitude "leave my anime alone". What I realized is that those most critical of those who speak ill of the series is the least that contributes to the discussion. If BRS is soooo wonderful why don't share some thoughts.

My contribution: http://forum.subeteanimes.com/thread-351-page-19.html

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices