Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 24, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
That scene where Yomi was putting her face on that bed TOOK FOREVER.
Feb 24, 2012 10:40 AM

Mar 2008
TwinBrave said:

Evangelion's legacy.
Feb 24, 2012 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
PaninaManina said:
TwinBrave said:

Evangelion's legacy.

Haven't watched Evangelion yet, or ever :P
Feb 24, 2012 10:49 AM

Apr 2008
Mega Girl Problems.

Nothing to see here.
Feb 24, 2012 11:32 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was amazing. I don't care that Yomi went insane about a minor problem, but the emotion felt so real that I was in awe.

Saya-chan-sensei seems to be a genius lol.

5/5
Feb 24, 2012 11:40 AM

Mar 2008
These topics on BRS are the ones with the highest occurrence of "shit", "crap" and "fuck" of all database.
Feb 24, 2012 11:43 AM

May 2008
PaninaManina said:

This is another problem.
The action scenes are just weak and meaningless.
Black Rock is "immortal". Nothing hurt her, sadly.
If it was just the others Blacks, would make sense but even Dead Master seem not hurt her. DEAD, MASTER. MASTER OF DEATH. I would naturally think that she is overpower, truly capable to kill with her attacks, but nooooo.
The max that ordinary CG do is show some butts.

I believe the only way to kill off a character in the Other World is by beheading them. They're all kinda like machines; you have to cut the circuits that make them work to destroy them. Chariot looked like a broken robot when she was being dragged over to that pit.
Feb 24, 2012 11:45 AM

Oct 2011
PaninaManina said:
These topics on BRS are the ones with the highest occurrence of "shit", "crap" and "fuck" of all database.
Why are you here?

You cannot speak/type english properly, you are insulting the series and making jokes at random, without adding your views on anything.

All you've really said is that you like BRS itself, but the anime sucks, and then you have spent the last 3+ hours bashing on the series at random without reason.

I don't get you. If you have nothing to contribute other than:
PaninaManina said:
EMO!
BLACK TEARS OF SOCIETY!

PaninaManina said:
Yomi.... WORTS DRAMA EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
Manking couldn't make better shit.

Please Leave.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 24, 2012 11:51 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 24, 2012 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
BRSxIgnition said:

You cannot speak/type english properly, you are insulting the series and making jokes at random, without adding your views on anything.

1. Not everyone is from America
2. When people don't like stuff they might get a little unfair. Or they're just plain bored.

BRSxIgnition said:
All you've really said is that you like BRS itself, but the anime sucks, and then you have spent the last 3+ hours bashing on the series at random without reason.

1. I like BRS too and I don't like this Anime. It's not a crime.
2. If not sure if troll or serious, don't feed it, whatever it is.
Aren't you wasting your energy on the wrong topic? Just ignore him if you don't like his comments. Just a hint to make life easier.
Feb 24, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2011
YurikoRaine said:

2. If not sure if troll or serious, don't feed it, whatever it is.
Aren't you wasting your energy on the wrong topic? Just ignore him if you don't like his comments. Just a hint to make life easier.

I tried ever since I saw his first post.. eh - I won't bother anymore.

Also - I understand some people may not like it, but if they insult it, I'd like to have a reason for their views - I always give mine.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Feb 24, 2012 12:02 PM

Oct 2008
BRSxIgnition said:
I understand some people may not like it, but if they insult it, I'd like to have a reason for their views - I always give mine.

Yes and that's just fine but not everyone ticks that way. Raging about it is just a plain waste of energy because the chances of changing their behaviour are about 0.5%
Feb 24, 2012 12:04 PM

Apr 2011
So much potential, such a complete trainwreck.
Can't wait for next week.
Feb 24, 2012 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
razor39999 said:
But that means Saya is a moron, because aggravating emotions of people with actual problems would give her easier and faster results. If this was taking place at a juvenile home full of delinquents with some actual problems and not this "omg no one likes me" middle school crap, it would be a freaking awesome show. Or if the girls had some crazy shit happen to them irl like those in Madoka Magica.

No no no, I understand that the problems in Madoka were larger, but that's not the point. Saya is using the 'other selves' to blow these girl's problems out of proportion.

Saya must have a reason for executing her plan at this specific school. Mato/BRS seems different than all of the 'other-selves', so maybe it has to do with Mato, rather than the problems that the children have.

If she can multiply their problems either way, she would focus on Mato regardless.
Feb 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
my reaction was WTF happened to Yomi! XD She is like psycho @___@ But I liked this episode, can't wait for next one :D
Feb 24, 2012 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
No no no, I understand that the problems in Madoka were larger, but that's not the point. Saya is using the 'other selves' to blow these girl's problems out of proportion.

Saya must have a reason for executing her plan at this specific school. Mato/BRS seems different than all of the 'other-selves', so maybe it has to do with Mato, rather than the problems that the children have.

If she can multiply their problems either way, she would focus on Mato regardless.

Mato's the main character, that's what makes her different. Plot-wise, perhaps it's that she's the only one trying to help these people, which is a bit weird in itself.

I'm just going to put down a list of why I think this show is terrible:
1) It's directed poorly. From the start, we were thrown into this weird clash of CGI fighting girls and teenage Melodrama, without any explanation. In the OVA this is sort of understandable, but here, no, there's no excuse. Sure, we get the idea now, but it shouldn't have taken this long.

2) More poor directing - this is a crucial point, hence the double listing, one scene transits to another, everything happens in a very rushed way. A perfect example would be the transit to Kagiri's backstory.

3) Inferior art and character designs to the OVA (minor quip)

4) The characters - They all act irrationally. I understand now that this is to do with that woman and the other world, but that's only because I'm here on this site. I should not need to do that. For ages I thought these girls were just behaving melodramatically and unreasonably for no reason other than it being a poor show.

5) The emotional scenes lack any impact because they are so laughable, and the build-up is ruined with awkward dialogue.

That's about it I think.
Feb 24, 2012 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
Kagari and Yomi have switched personalities.

The pacing is so weird; it's going way too fast, I think. The main characters in this show are all so emo and prone to very violent mood swings. Who gets this emotional this easily? Certainly no one that I know.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 24, 2012 2:04 PM
Apr 2010
OMG, this episode MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! As opposed to the other posts, I actually (at least to myself) suddenly had an epiphany. It goes like this:

Ok, so Arata (the basketball captain) suddenly goes and becomes knocked out (ep 3), all the while the counselor was grinning about what she has done. In this episode, Arata suddenly "doesn't remember" the humiliation she was brought under due to her confession. Anyway, this same "forgetfulness" is suddenly transcribed to Kagari, when she had her little talk with Yomi, and how she "doesn't understand why" but she loves her anyway. So basically, the counselor (as most if not all of us have theorized) is the hidden antagonist in this small series, and what's happening with the other world is translated into this world as quite literally "breaking" one's character, bringing the "memory" with it.

This brings me to the link to the OVA, and my theory/prediction. This series, by the look of things, actually is a PREQUEL. When Yomi goes berserk after hearing what Kagari said, suddenly, in the other world, chains, and SKULLS appeared against BRS. Also, in the beginning of the OVA, when Mato was "introducing" herself to Yomi, it might not even be that they actually met each other, but Yomi actually DOES NOT remember her. ----This is all I can muster up to this point. I know it's full of question, and holes within this theory, but I'll see if the last 4 eps support or negate this.
Feb 24, 2012 2:14 PM

Mar 2008
BRSxIgnition said:
Why are you here?

Am I back to page 3?
Those are just my first impressions. Now read page 4 and discuss my "random jokes".

BRSxIgnition said:

After spending twenty tree agonizing minutes watching this, this thing deserve twenty tree hours rage to heal all the scars left on my heart. At least.

And please, I can not speak english properly, but you can or at last try speak portuguese? The lazy here is not me.
Stop with that attitude "leave my anime alone". What I realized is that those most critical of those who speak ill of the series is the least that contributes to the discussion. If BRS is soooo wonderful why don't share some thoughts.

My contribution: http://forum.subeteanimes.com/thread-351-page-19.html
Feb 24, 2012 2:21 PM

Mar 2008
pilipino101 said:
OMG, this episode MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! As opposed to the other posts, I actually (at least to myself) suddenly had an epiphany. It goes like this:

Ok, so Arata (the basketball captain) suddenly goes and becomes knocked out (ep 3), all the while the counselor was grinning about what she has done. In this episode, Arata suddenly "doesn't remember" the humiliation she was brought under due to her confession. Anyway, this same "forgetfulness" is suddenly transcribed to Kagari, when she had her little talk with Yomi, and how she "doesn't understand why" but she loves her anyway. So basically, the counselor (as most if not all of us have theorized) is the hidden antagonist in this small series, and what's happening with the other world is translated into this world as quite literally "breaking" one's character, bringing the "memory" with it.

This brings me to the link to the OVA, and my theory/prediction. This series, by the look of things, actually is a PREQUEL. When Yomi goes berserk after hearing what Kagari said, suddenly, in the other world, chains, and SKULLS appeared against BRS. Also, in the beginning of the OVA, when Mato was "introducing" herself to Yomi, it might not even be that they actually met each other, but Yomi actually DOES NOT remember her. ----This is all I can muster up to this point. I know it's full of question, and holes within this theory, but I'll see if the last 4 eps support or negate this.

This remember...
Evangelion TV, episode 24 -> First half of The End of Evangelion > Evangelion TV episodes 25 and 26 > Second half of The End of Evangelion.

You're saying the SAME is happen here in BRS?
If you're correct then my head is completely full of fucks! Mind blowing, I never consider this a prequel.
Feb 24, 2012 2:23 PM

Nov 2010
Can I ask kindly of someone to offer me some explanation? From what I understand so far, each of main characters have their "avatar" in the Otherworld and character's emotions and events in real world affect events in otherworld, am I right?

Is that all I should know or there is some deeper connection within worlds and/or characters?
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Feb 24, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2011
Aurioch said:
Can I ask kindly of someone to offer me some explanation? From what I understand so far, each of main characters have their "avatar" in the Otherworld and character's emotions and events in real world affect events in otherworld, am I right?

Is that all I should know or there is some deeper connection within worlds and/or characters?
The bellow is all you should know pretty much story-wise at this point. Let me know if there's anything confusing you.

BRSxIgnition said:
I'd just like to voice my opinion on what we know so far, and what I assume is happening.

I believe that the poster "VictimOfFate" has it mostly correct - Saya/BGS is purposefully exploiting the minor worries and weaknesses of these girls to turn them into major disorders. ("Molehills into Mountains.")

She first 'grows' the 'other selves' in the Dark World, and as they - the 'other selves' - grow, they become connected to 'Our World' through people. Once they are connected with the person in our world, it magnifies their emotions, both good and bad - and allows them to build up much more than they usually would. This can be evidenced by Yomi's breakdown in this episode. Usually a girl wouldn't be THAT damaged by these events, even with another self in the dark world - however we can see in multiple instances in this episode that Saya/BGS was taking special care of 'growing' Dead Master - purposefully pushing her further and further to that point of breakdown, both in our world and the 'Dark World'.

As well as being able to pinpoint this, we're also able to generally accept that whenever a person/girl is killed in the Dark World, their worries and memories of those worries are 'killed' as well. This happened with Kagari and Kohachi - both forgot the events that led up to their worries and their breakdowns. In this episode, we saw that in Kagari's case, this was her entire childhood that she spent with Yomi. After hearing Yomi's breakdown in the kitchen at school, and not being able to remember the childhood Yomi was talking about, she went to Yomi's house to tell her to let go of her - this was the last straw for Yomi, and most likely planned by Saya/BGS.

I love how dark this all is, and I just wish that people would understand, that YES, the drama is overdone to the max, but it's SUPPOSED to be that way. It happens because of Saya, and the Dark World. The entire premise is that BRS is bearing this pain and helping others regain peace - I really like this plotline, and I actually hope things get darker from here.

Here's hoping for another awesome battle in next week's episode and a long life for Black★Rock Shooter as an IP!

**The above is all my speculation, but based on other's opinions and the anime itself, I'd say it's 90% right, hopefully.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Feb 24, 2012 2:35 PM

Oct 2011
PaninaManina said:
Stop with that attitude "leave my anime alone". What I realized is that those most critical of those who speak ill of the series is the least that contributes to the discussion. If BRS is soooo wonderful why don't share some thoughts.

My contribution: http://forum.subeteanimes.com/thread-351-page-19.html

If you look back through these posts, you can see where I have put in my thoughts, backing them up with views and reasons - unlike you. Hell, the post directly above this has my thoughts quoted for you. I also recommend you check my thoughts on the first episode, which I hated, and talked about why on the first episode thread.

Sorry, as much as I want to read your link there, I only spent a year or so in Portugal, so i was never taught the language - It's a beautiful place though!

Anyway, back to BRS~
Feb 24, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
BRSxIgnition said:

If you look back through these posts, you can see where I have put in my thoughts, backing them up with views and reasons - unlike you. Hell, the post directly above this has my thoughts quoted for you. I also recommend you check my thoughts on the first episode, which I hated, and talked about why on the first episode thread.

Sorry, as much as I want to read your link there, I only spent a year or so in Portugal, so i was never taught the language - It's a beautiful place though!

Anyway, back to BRS~

My opinion is divided.
When I'm watching I even want any hacker invades my note and make my hd explode.
But now... I'm thinking of making a positive review of these four episodes. I came to the same conclusions.
Feb 24, 2012 2:49 PM

Oct 2011
razor39999 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

Mato better be super special for the setting to be such a silly, practically carefree school.

Considering how strong BRS is in the dark world, I think it's a god reason - we'll just have to wait and see.
Feb 24, 2012 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
Thanks BRSxIgnition, now most of my questions are cleared out.
Only one remains: from where do you know names of the otherworld characters (except Black★Rock Shooter, that's obvious)?
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Feb 24, 2012 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
Aurioch said:
Only one remains: from where do you know names of the otherworld characters (except Black★Rock Shooter, that's obvious)?

This IP started with the drawing of Black Rock Shooter by Huke. As it got bigger, he added more characters, starting with Dead Master (Green girl), Black Gold Saw (Red Girl), and Strength (Gray Girl) - he based Chariot off of Dragon Slayer - which was another one of his other characters.

For those who are newer to the series, all of the character names are on the site.
Feb 24, 2012 3:49 PM

Dec 2011
Eh... I felt that this episode was a little slower than the rest, but that might just have been the complete lack of Mato! |D I mean seriously. Where WAS she?

YOMI, I HATE YOU SO MUCH! GAAAAH
Actually, I think the art for Yomi has changed a little- is it just me, or did she used to look more sophisticated? But, anyway...

YOMI YOU'RE SO STUUUUPID! GAAAAAAAH
STUPID STUPID STUPID
/Pounds on computer

CREEPY COUNSELOR IS CREEPY O^O
Feb 24, 2012 5:21 PM

Jan 2009
BRSxIgnition said:
Aurioch said:

This IP started with the drawing of Black Rock Shooter by Huke. As it got bigger, he added more characters, starting with Dead Master (Green girl), Black Gold Saw (Red Girl), and Strength (Gray Girl) - he based Chariot off of Dragon Slayer - which was another one of his other characters.

For those who are newer to the series, all of the character names are on the site.

Per BLK Huke Selected Works (and being a fan for so long), Black★Matagi, Black★Devil Girl, and this character (http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x142/ava_z/Unknown6.jpg) came before STRength did. STR was created solely for the OVA at that time.

The other BRS universe characters ( Black★Matagi, Black★Devil Girl, and the unknown character) just haven't been animated. STR seems to be based off of the unknown character, going by the look of her arms and hairstyle. STR in the series has those orange-red eyes, but didn't in the OVA.
Feb 24, 2012 6:32 PM

Oct 2011
LadyOrihime said:
Per BLK Huke Selected Works (and being a fan for so long), Black★Matagi, Black★Devil Girl, and this character (http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x142/ava_z/Unknown6.jpg) came before STRength did. STR was created solely for the OVA at that time.

The other BRS universe characters ( Black★Matagi, Black★Devil Girl, and the unknown character) just haven't been animated. STR seems to be based off of the unknown character, going by the look of her arms and hairstyle. STR in the series has those orange-red eyes, but didn't in the OVA.

I was only mentioning the main characters, but yes, there are the others you've mentioned.
Feb 24, 2012 7:04 PM

Jun 2008
Another intriguing episode. I'm quite liking this series.

Jimb0 said:

i feel like this series is constantly trying to underwhelm me. most people came for the action and the other world with the actual title character, but its taken a back seat to the real world. i forgave the ova bcuz they tried to do a lot in only 40 mins, now i think they are trying to do too much for 8 episodes. hopefully they can tie it all together in the last 4 episodes.

You may have come for that, it doesn't mean that we have. Personally i don't give much shit about the other world. Is just stupid fights anyway. BRS doesn't even seem like it can be killed, the fights lack any sense of coherence.

People talk about overreaction from Yomi and although that is indeed true is not really a problem because Yomi ain't your average kid anyway so not having a normal reaction on how to handle this staff is quite sensible.
It's a little bit of a Stockholm syndrome in a way. Yomi got so used to be depended upon even if it was in that psychologically heavy way and the years spend in those conditions made her incapable to understand a more casual way of friendship. Along with her age and the contribution of Saya-sensei it's not that strange to understand how she ends up overreacting over things that might seem normal to others.

For her, normal is not what is normal for most of us. Let's not forget that a big reason of why Kagari used to act like she acted was because Yomi allowed her to do so. Yomi encouraged Kagari's behavior because in a way she needed the attention too even if it made her suffer at moments. It was a self-serving, self-suffering relationship between those two.
Kagari snaped out of it because it seemed Yomi was ready to leave her behind and move on but Yomi hasn't moved on from her need she just moved her need to another person.
She kind of saw Mato as a Kagari replacement instead of just a friend since she kind of lost conception of what just a friend is anyway.

Now on the basketball girl matter. I don't think her memory problems have anything to do with the other world. It's probably just her brain blocking out a dramatic experience. As she said she's the kind of person that likes to smile away her problems so such reaction is logical. People that don't like to face their pain try to avoid it and a block from the brain of a painful experience seems quite fitting for a person like her.
Actually the other world might just be a conception of such simple psychological matters.

Blackiris said:
But everything aside, Saya is a one creepy dame - using subliminal stimuli to convey poisonous words in a simple "slip of the tongue"... She's a scary one all right.

Yeah kind of scary and awesome at the same time. She's such a smooth operator. The fact that she has such a smooth voice too makes it even more scary.
MonadFeb 24, 2012 7:12 PM
Feb 24, 2012 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
Throught the whole episode I wanted to hug Yomi, smack Saya for her awesomene-I mean evilness, and cheer for Dead Master. I do hope she had changed from being pitiful and sad, to badass awesome and full of hatred.

Overall loved the episode even it it ached my heart a bit. Although I wanted to see more of Strenght. Still looking forward of what became of Yomi.
Feb 24, 2012 8:20 PM

May 2010
Little girls going insane. Woohoo. XD
Feb 24, 2012 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
Captain_GARlock said:

Of course people like you who watch garbage wouldn't notice, so enjoy your visual feces. I'm out.

Have a nice night~
Feb 24, 2012 10:05 PM

Jan 2010
From what I gathered here in this episode, I think the counselor is behind the whole thing. Manipulating everyone's mind, which is the only reason I can think of to justify Kagari whole personality change. Hopefully everything will explain by the end. Also, not sure if anyone notice this, but I think this whole alternate reality is created by the counselor. The way that an eye always look over the people, people begins showing up in that world after talking to her, and the whole metaphor of a cabinet filled with cups.

I personally don;'t think this episode/anime is that bad. It is because of the fact that we are so familiar with the typical anime that explains stuff as we go through each episode, people tend to dislike this one since it is either confusing at time or doesn't take the time to explain things.
Feb 24, 2012 10:43 PM

Oct 2011
polke45 said:
From what I gathered here in this episode, I think the counselor is behind the whole thing. Manipulating everyone's mind, which is the only reason I can think of to justify Kagari whole personality change. Hopefully everything will explain by the end. Also, not sure if anyone notice this, but I think this whole alternate reality is created by the counselor. The way that an eye always look over the people, people begins showing up in that world after talking to her, and the whole metaphor of a cabinet filled with cups.

I personally don;'t think this episode/anime is that bad. It is because of the fact that we are so familiar with the typical anime that explains stuff as we go through each episode, people tend to dislike this one since it is either confusing at time or doesn't take the time to explain things.

Here is my description about the plot in general, that I've posted in the last page, hopefully it helps.

BRSxIgnition said:
I'd just like to voice my opinion on what we know so far, and what I assume is happening.

I believe that the poster "VictimOfFate" has it mostly correct - Saya/BGS is purposefully exploiting the minor worries and weaknesses of these girls to turn them into major disorders. ("Molehills into Mountains.")

She first 'grows' the 'other selves' in the Dark World, and as they - the 'other selves' - grow, they become connected to 'Our World' through people. Once they are connected with the person in our world, it magnifies their emotions, both good and bad - and allows them to build up much more than they usually would. This can be evidenced by Yomi's breakdown in this episode. Usually a girl wouldn't be THAT damaged by these events, even with another self in the dark world - however we can see in multiple instances in this episode that Saya/BGS was taking special care of 'growing' Dead Master - purposefully pushing her further and further to that point of breakdown, both in our world and the 'Dark World'.

As well as being able to pinpoint this, we're also able to generally accept that whenever a person/girl is killed in the Dark World, their worries and memories of those worries are 'killed' as well. This happened with Kagari and Kohachi - both forgot the events that led up to their worries and their breakdowns. In this episode, we saw that in Kagari's case, this was her entire childhood that she spent with Yomi. After hearing Yomi's breakdown in the kitchen at school, and not being able to remember the childhood Yomi was talking about, she went to Yomi's house to tell her to let go of her - this was the last straw for Yomi, and most likely planned by Saya/BGS.

I love how dark this all is, and I just wish that people would understand, that YES, the drama is overdone to the max, but it's SUPPOSED to be that way. It happens because of Saya, and the Dark World. The entire premise is that BRS is bearing this pain and helping others regain peace - I really like this plotline, and I actually hope things get darker from here.

Here's hoping for another awesome battle in next week's episode and a long life for Black★Rock Shooter as an IP!
Feb 24, 2012 11:30 PM

Sep 2011
i think you have the Real World/Dark World priorities reversed. think of Dark World personas as embodiments of emotion. as one's emotion grows in the Real World, a representation of that person manifests in the Dark World, with the power of that character indicative of how strong their emotions are. we can obviously see that BRS/DM/Chariot are powerful manifestations, and the emotional status of those girls' Real World counterparts were very strong, albeit somewhat volatile.

Kohata is completely different. although she's naturally discovering her own emotions, (since she fell in love with her senior) she's still a bit more emotionally hardened than any of the main characters (as she didn't cry during her ordeal earlier seen in episode 3). BGS "growing" Kohata's Dark World counterpart was just representative of Saya trying to amplify her emotions through the use of excessive empathy (you're so strong, you can cry if it's hard on you, etc).

but other than that I think your explanation is pretty spot on.

Feb 25, 2012 12:36 AM

Jun 2009
People may think this anime is a failure, but personally I'm loving every single episode.
Who thought of taking a simple (and relatable) concept of friendship drama, and making it so perfectly done. I felt on edge with Yomi the whole time. I got relate to her having the feeling that no one needs you and everything felt really intense.
Anyway, I can't wait for the fight next week and to see where the story will go.
Keep it coming!
Feb 25, 2012 1:16 AM

Jan 2010
Bunch of Sensitive Girls
and Bunch of Sensitive Watchers xD
Feb 25, 2012 4:26 AM

Nov 2010
Scary Episode, really.
Feb 25, 2012 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
Captain_GARlock said:

And you're completely full of shit. You're overanalyzing something with absolutely nothing below the surface. It's a poorly written piece of crap with no redeeming qualities. Develop your taste.

As for the basketball girl, that's not a traumatic experience. Yes, the word is traumatic, not dramatic. It was mild embarassment at best.

You are completely ridiculous. The lack to empathize with any person different than your own glorious self is laughable.
Many things people do are incomprehensible in the way i see the world but i still empathize and manage to see on how the world can seem different to them.

Mild embarrassment? Sure under my logic that's what it is too. When kids get taken from their homes and trained to fight in wars or dying from hunger such things might seem silly but no matter how silly it might seem according to people who see a bigger picture of the world and suffering in the world it does not mean is something that doesn't happen.

She's a 12 year old girl leaving in a western society and in a school that's basically her whole world. That embarrassment and her love for that boy is a very big thing for her no matter how silly such matters may seem to us.
Similar stuff goes for Yomi.
There are quite a few examples of kids that killed themselves over a bad grade or because they got rejected. Those weren't in some anime, they where real. People overreact and even commit suicide or hurt others for things many of us might find silly but meant the world to them.

I laugh over people who think they know what is realistic by their minimal experience and by basically seeing other supposed realistic works instead of actual reality. Yeah sure you know realistic reactions from the TV box, don't make me laugh. Actual reality is crazy as fuck. Half the things that happen and especially in terms of behavior would be called as "insensible" if they where put in a movie or an anime plot.
I have seen people behaving in ways i can never tell what the fuck they were thinking and yet this were real people we see everyday. Kids being traumatized over something that might seem silly to an older person is nothing that unusual.

But in the end if you think any problem this teenage girls might have is silly why did you even started this series? They ain't living in some undeveloped nation that will force them to have more serious problems like food and shelter or survival in general. You knew that. What problems did you expect them to have?
Do we have to kill their parents or make another plot of them trying to save the world like all the other 5745 anime out there for their problems to be watchable?
Feb 25, 2012 5:13 AM

Mar 2008
I SEE EMO PEOPLE! EMO EVERYWHERE!

"Oh, poor girls, Kohata was rejected and Yomi have no friends and think she is uselees (and she really is). Going insane and commiting suicide because of this, seems legit."

Bullshit!
Stop crying and get a life.
Feb 25, 2012 5:33 AM
Dec 2007
The drama... The drama !

Great episode, I think it was very consistent with the themes of adolescence and friendship.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 25, 2012 5:44 AM

Jul 2008
Besides that other world/reality, BRS is now just as bad as Ano Hana and Hanasaku Iroha.
Feb 25, 2012 5:46 AM

Dec 2011
Though I do not sympathize with the Internet tough guys and their psychopath posturing, the more I think about BRS, the stupider it seems.

Oh well, I enjoy bad, too.
Feb 25, 2012 6:01 AM

Mar 2008
When I myself went through similar situations in childhood, guess what was the solution?
Fap my frustrations.

If Yomi just play a little with her pussy, then so: no build up of emotions, and no emotional outburst, no repressed feelings just unmatched feelings.
Se only need to stop shrinking in the corner of her room and seek answers with the "adults" and find something to do. Open the window, go to the streets, enjoy life.
But no... we'll have to watch this spectacle of "fucking mild tragic embarrassment super drama", and little birds, and butts, till the end when the power of frindship and love will save the day.
Feb 25, 2012 6:23 AM

Jun 2008
PaninaManina said:
I SEE EMO PEOPLE! EMO EVERYWHERE!

"Oh, poor girls, Kohata was rejected and Yomi have no friends and think she is uselees (and she really is). Going insane and commiting suicide because of this, seems legit."

Bullshit!
Stop crying and get a life.

I see silly immature people everywhere. How gloriously stupid can you get? Why don't you go grow your internet penis somewhere else than trying to play the cool internet guy because you don't care about the drama and you supposedly ain't emo(is that word still in fashion?).
Let me explain something to you silly little dude. None of us is gonna sleep with his socks tonight or lose his appetite over Black Rock Shooter but unlike you we actually think that watching something is about trying to understand it and enjoy it instead of bashing everything that isn't exactly as badass as we like to play we are.
Go figure huh? People actually trying to watch a show by expanding their views and using understanding and empathy so they can see if it has something they can enjoy instead of watching shows to grow their dicks. How crazy they must be wanting to find the enjoyment in artistic works. Go figure?
It could end up being good or bad but the nerve of them trying to get it. Silly people.

Now go watch TTGL where there are big robots throwing galaxies like frisbees so you can tell your friends how cool not emo you are because you like seeing galaxies being thrown by huge robots and shut-up.

PaninaManina said:
When I myself went through similar situations in childhood, guess what was the solution?
Fap my frustrations.

Wow, now i want your autograph. You are like my idol.
MonadFeb 25, 2012 6:41 AM
Feb 25, 2012 6:34 AM

Mar 2008
Monad said:

Let me explain something to you silly little dude. None of us is gonna sleep with his socks tonight or lose his appetite over Black Rock Shooter but unlike you we actually think that watching something is about trying to understand it and enjoy it instead of bashing everything that isn't exactly as badass as we like to play we are.
Go figure huh? People actually trying to watch a show by expanding their views and using understanding and empathy so they can see if it has something they can enjoy instead of watching shows to grow their dicks. How crazy they must be wanting to find the enjoyment in artistic works. Go figure?

Despite I keep calling Yomi a emo, because she is emo without doubt, I cry a lot watching anime. My favorite series is Aria and I cry almost in every episode. Chrno Crusade? Left me traumatized, whenever I hear the song that play in Chrno and Rossette's final scene I start to cry instantly.
The problem in Black Rock Shooter TV is not that i don't understand and feel the drama, the emotions of the characters. I just disagree.
All problems would be solved if Yomi just looking for something to do!
She gets isolated in room and in school, silent, doing nothing, just waiting for others. The problem is her, just her. After getting rid of Kagari, in half a day she begins to behave like her. Hypocrite, and coward.
Feb 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Apr 2011
The drama still seems highly forced, and Yomi is seriously messed up in the head. Saya-sensei is EVIL, I strongly suspect she's the one orchestrating all this insanity. Her manipulating everyone behind the scenes is the only explanation for how illogically some of these characters are acting.

Kagari's still a hateful, sociopathic bitch I see. Even when she's trying to be 'nice' she stabs Yomi in the face. Looks like I was right, there's no redemption for someone that sick. No idea why the class all loved her for her bitchiness ... must be the tsundere thing.
Feb 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
The episode finale was excellent. Some brilliant expressions by Yomi.
Feb 25, 2012 6:40 AM

Dec 2011
Saya is putting some shit into these girls' coffee to make they do insane stuff.
It's not possible that they just go batshit dramatic because of a bunch of stupid things in one or two days. ESPECIALLY Yomi.
When Kagari was evil, she was all "Oh, I don't have freedom, let me go, Kagari, lemme be friends with other people, I wanna be free" and when Kagari is finally acting like an actual person she's all "NOBODY LOVES ME ANYMOAR, PLEASE COME BACK TO DRAW HEARTS ON MY SKIN WITH NEEDLES, KAGARI!"
Not to mention that Kagari was magically exorcized.

I really hope Saya is directelly connected with BRS World (it's already damn obvious that she's BGS) and is making all this weird forced drama happen. Otherwise... These characters are just bad.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.