Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 25, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2012
now it's clear that saya-chan is doing something under table. she's like master of manupilating in that other world, isn't she?

so sad for yomi that she feels like abandoned by all her friends...... putting her into rage and berserk...

looking forward to the next episode!
Feb 26, 2012 7:42 AM

Jun 2009
Proved Saya-chan-sensei is the best character, Black Gold Perfection.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 26, 2012 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
This anime= mindfuck.

4/5 Pretty good, but I think Yomi is overreacting WAY too much.
Feb 26, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2009
Intense episode is Intense!

Best ep yet!

Urahara Out!!
Feb 26, 2012 11:26 AM

Jun 2010
We are already at the half of the anime and we don't know what is going-on. Surely, the otherworld scenes are mysterious but they don't care to relate them somehow. Also the dialogues are pathetic; Too much unnecessary melodrama. Honestly, Yomi becomes worse and worse.
Feb 26, 2012 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
deathxempress said:
We are already at the half of the anime and we don't know what is going-on. Surely, the otherworld scenes are mysterious but they don't care to relate them somehow. Also the dialogues are pathetic; Too much unnecessary melodrama. Honestly, Yomi becomes worse and worse.

Pay attention - if you did, it would be easy to understand.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 26, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
Ridiculous. Even worse than the preceding episodes.
Feb 26, 2012 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
Yomi constantly sees people interacting with her friends as people trying to steal them from her. That saya-sensei really is a bitch. "Nobody needs you". Yomi is slowly losing herself in depression. Kagari's words were so damn strong, Yomi just lost it! That teacher really is brainwashing everyone...

Arata seems to have forgotten all about her confession and everything after that due to her breakdown too. Felt a little sorry for the guy.

Feb 26, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 2011
Christ's sake, Yomi is taking things way too seriously. Although Kagari doesn't need her anymore, why not treat that as being a free woman now instead of feeling unneeded all the time and coming to Saya to get crap advice.

But...the final otherworld scene was worth the trouble.
Feb 26, 2012 4:37 PM

Jan 2012
Saya is the best villain that I've seen in a while!!
I like where this is going!!
Feb 26, 2012 9:11 PM
Dec 2011
Looks like that we will watch a great fight in the next episode. Lots of stuff went bad in this episode, but still I don't think that Saya-sensei is a bad girl. I think that those girls need to feel bad, fight against each other and then fall into reality, feeling good and healthy. It's possible to notice that Kagari got good after the fight, now she can live by herself and I think that something just like that will happen with Yomi. About Kohachi: I think she's being manipulated by saya-sensei to be the next problematic girl to fight against, that's kinda obvious, right? But I think she will suffer a lot before getting on the fight, we will get to know her soon... Anyways, that was a great episode, and it makes me want to watch the next one so hard! that's why I'm loving BRS :D
"Kusatta kokoro wo..." Rewrite - Asian Kung-Fu Generation.
I live alone... With only the loneliness by my side. - L.Casagrande.
Feb 27, 2012 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
sooo basically Yomi's lonely and has a complex which causes her to want to monopolize her friends

This is unexpectedly dark and twisted, and disturbing. whooda thunk it?
Feb 27, 2012 1:06 AM

Aug 2010
Yomi broke.

Go Dead Master, crush 'em all! I have a feeling I'm going to love the hell out of the next episode 4/5.
Feb 27, 2012 4:53 PM

Jun 2011
Nana-chii said:
Fucking Christ this anime. I feel for Yomi but this anime just throws melodrama everywhere. Oh well crazy Yomi reaction faces yay yay.
Also I started to like Kagari then at the end she still seems to be a total bitch. LOLOLOLOLOL.
Fucking christ she went from NO I NEED YOU YOU ARE MINE.

to

LOL I can't even remember why I liked you or needed you but thanks anyways, I guess?
Siiiiigh

I completely agree w/ you there. xD
Kagari, I started liking her through the episode, but during the end couldn't she be um a little nicer!
I mean she said "I thought you'd never let me go if I never thanked you" which only make Yomi's
happy face turn into a frown and when she said the rest of the thing Yomi was all um I cant describe it pissed? surprised? depressed? a mix between the three??? O3O
Feb 27, 2012 11:12 PM

Aug 2011
Very interesting , it seems like the other world has a direct effect on the real world. Kagari's death in the other world completely changed her personality.
and Yomi ! Oh gee, i never knew such what little words could break her! :L Best counselling ever.
Feb 28, 2012 5:18 AM

Mar 2010
Yomi was seriously annoying in this episode. Not only she acts completely like Kagari but she seems to ignore the fact, that she only makes people close to her worry about her. Don't tell me it's because she's a kid. SHE was with Kagari for several years. SHE should know that that kind of behaviour only makes people annoyed and dislike her. This isn't about being a child, this is abou being a spoiled brat! This isn't about depression, trust me, I had similiar problems like Yomi does (except, mine were justified) and I didn't feel like going to school too. But I had enough common sense to know, that locking up myself and not letting anyone help me was tha worst thing I could do. Seriously, what does Yomi do to make herself happier? Cry in her room and wait for someone to save her. Yet, when someone DOES show concern, she ignores it for whatever reason and instead gets even angrier. Not to mention that aggressivenes towards that phone. That seriously shocked me. Yeah, beat the phone for your dumbness. She exchanges texts with Mato and even tells her NOT to visit her and then she's upset when Mato doesn't come? She might also think Yomi is mad with her and doesn't want to make her angry even more. Why did Yomi get so upset when Yuu texted her? Come on, she was acting like a bitch for past several days and there are still people that want to become friends with her! I really don't know what Yomi expects. For Mato to come to her on her knees asking her for forgivness for having more than 1 friend? Yomi did so much for Mato... wait, no she didn't.

In short, Yomi is just sitting in her room, crying, doing nothing to get her herself out of her situation and even REJECTING help from other people and the creators expect me to sympathise with her... lol, yeah, right, good one. I refuse to do anything but laugh at her ignorance and stupidity. Kohata and Yuu are the only characters from the real world I can stand. If I wasn't such a stupid BRS fan I would have already dropped this. Fortunatelly, it's only 8 episodes.
SuiNoByakkoFeb 28, 2012 2:12 PM
Feb 28, 2012 5:20 AM

Sep 2009
YES Kagari came back. She's an awful person, but somehow I still love her character... It also seems that Kagari's and Yomi's role have been reversed. How ironic...

I wrote a complete review of this episode on my blog ^.^
Feb 28, 2012 9:00 PM
Aug 2011
Kagari is as sadistic as ever... damn.
Feb 29, 2012 12:23 PM

Feb 2011
Yomi's rapeface was my favourite part of the episode.
Feb 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2008
Kagari, Kagari, Kagari.

Even with all the massive improvements on her personality (nicer, more outgoing), she still doesn't know how to handle Yomi as a person. No matter how you look at it, she was still manipulating her without even knowing how fragile she really is, or even knowing she was still manipulating her at all. That scene with the cookies basically said, "Thanks for being nice to me all those years and helping me when I was a cripple, but now that I've finally realized how to make friends the right way, I see our relationship as null".

And then Yomi makes some of the most gut-wrenching expressions of despair I've seen in a while.

I'm afraid to see what's going to happen to Yomi, but at the same time, I want to see more of Saya in the future. She intrigues me more than the kids.
Feb 29, 2012 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
Lucena said:
That scene with the cookies basically said, "Thanks for being nice to me all those years and helping me when I was a cripple, but now that I've finally realized how to make friends the right way, I see our relationship as null".

^This. Humans have social needs, and they're more powerful than people think, especially when humans are in despair.

To those watching this thread, you have to realize that although it's exaggerated in the anime, it does reflect the emotional pain that REAL people in the REAL world are feeling. And in real life nothing is exaggerated. Every day people deal with rejection and broken relationships. Some of the people are fragile enough that the tiniest rejection can cause a massive breakdown. Fortunately it is NOT the majority of the people. Tiny acts of rejection usually dont stay in people's mind that long, or if they do, the thoughts are not mind-breaking.

Please read about abnormal psychology and mental disorders before judging this show.

Sir_Lexa said:
lol I'm probably the only one liking the moment when Yomi flipped xD

Well I have a weird taste.

No you're not, that's probably why half of us are enjoying this show.
firebound12Feb 29, 2012 8:54 PM
Mar 1, 2012 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Very intense episode, I liked it.
Good ol' Deadmaster is back.
Mar 1, 2012 4:01 PM

May 2010
this is getting pretty interesting. honestly i am surprised by the anime after seeing the OVA back then. way beyond my expectations.
Mar 1, 2012 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
I had hoped with Kagari being nice now, it would be better now. Obviously there were still others, like, what happend to Kohata wasn't clear (and still isn't). She lost her memories of the guy admitting his love? I don't think that's related to BRS cutting her head off, or even if, it probably was better then not doing it. I think it's directly related to what Saya did.

But not only is this clearly becoming worse, now Yomi had a mental breakdown. Kagari's wording wasn't exactly the nice way, but i don't think it did matter much, Yomi was spiraling down all the time, with every interaction anyone had with someone else that wasn't her it became worse. And no matter what Kagari had said, unless it was "i will never leave your side again" or something like this, basically, becoming the "old" (funny, after only 3/4 episodes..and only 2 of them featured the "bad" Kagari for real, one was the turn around, and this one was the "normal" Kagari) Kagari again.

And i don't think it's surprising Yomi was hiding in her room.She never was allowed by Kagari to leave it, to make other friends etc. before, Mato had to literally force herself onto her to make some cracks, and now you're thinking she's perfectly fine leaving Kagari go and making new friends herself? Kagari was depending on Yomi, but she set it up that way that Yomi needed her. I mean, what better way to make sure Yomi was always around? And we saw that she kinda needs Mato now, she needs Mato to feel needed. Who's Mato gonna talk if Yomi isn't around after all? Nobod..there comes Yuu.

It wasn't that clear the first 2 episodes, it only started to show in the 3, but it's obvious and kinda logical. If you always take care of someone, there *is* a hole if that one isn't there anymore. With a forceful relationship like that, it's even stronger. Like Saya said: There is no one that *needs* her. And Yomi is used to be needed. She is so focused on being needed that she can't imagine people might still like her when they don't need her. With Kagari severing the relationship because she doesn't need Yomi anymore, that sure isn't help.

And Yuu's message probably was too late. Earlier, it might have helped to feel needed, but she was too focused on Kagari, or as replacement, Mato.

Obviously the emotions are exaggerated compared to the average 12 year old, but the average 12 year old neither has some kind of alternate ego in an alternate world, nor does their school counselor manipulate their feelings like this. Especially not into that direction. If it would be a 25 or 50 episode anime, they could have slowed it down and showed the process in greater detail, though i expect people would a) still complain about it in general, and b) complain that nobody did see it coming and stopped it before it was too late, especially not parents, teachers, friends (wait, what friends? See Kagari/Yomi..) or counselo..oh crap.
Mar 3, 2012 12:08 AM

Mar 2010
I think I get the plot now, on another note;

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!

Mar 4, 2012 12:46 AM

Jan 2012
not a fan of where the story is heading. have to see 4 more episodes before i judge it.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 4, 2012 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
This show is just...

U_U

I wish they'd stop focusing on the empty drama, and focus on the 'other world' a bit more.
Mar 5, 2012 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
It pains me to think that BRS has to fight in life-and-death situations every day, because those emotionally fragile and mentally disturbed teenager girls...
Mar 6, 2012 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
So, in a way she does make them feel better (they forget what the problem was), but that's still creepy as hell.

Kefkiroth said:

I can't believe a simple "No one needs you" can make someone go insane. >.>

Really? Then you're a very lucky person and never felt like none of your friends actually cared about you. I can understand her perfectly, even though I was never in an exact same position. Some people can live off of just feeling loved and needed by others. Those usually only need a few close friends (to Yomi that was Kagari, then Mato and Kagari) and those friends are extremely important to them. the catch is that if you give a lot, you expect something in return. Now, Yomi kept feeling left out because of Yuu for, apparently, months, but she probably felt like it was all still alright. When Saya told her that, she realised that Mato wouldn't suffer all that much if she (Yomi) just disappeared (pretty sure it would be worse for Mato than Yomi thought though). That depressed her. Finally, she thought she could always turn to Kagari, as she did so much for her over the years. When her last hope vanished, she lost it.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 13, 2012 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
Kefkiroth said:

I can't believe a simple "No one needs you" can make someone go insane. >.>

I agree. I wish they wouldn't take everything the counselor says at face value. I mean what counselor would be that much of a bitch, even unintentionally?

Also, no one really does need Yomi. If she died, people would be sad but they would move on. These girls are in middle school. They would be fine in a year or two. Kagari already cut her ties to Yomi and Mato isn't even really THAT close with her. But whatever.
Mar 14, 2012 11:16 PM

Sep 2008
Ohohohoho~
What a nice collection of mugs you have, Mamiko Noto.
Good job with that girl that got rejected too, she doesn't need a beta male like that loser.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2012 12:03 PM

Feb 2010
What have I learned from this episode? If you're cute you can be an asshole and still make friends :D. Yomi gets left out again for the second time just like the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 5:41 PM
Mar 2010
So i guess the next episode is going to cover something similar to the ova?
I really enjoyed this episode, I'm glad they expanded on why Yomi broke down although there were some scenes in the ova that felt stronger.
I can totally see where Yomi is coming from and if she did have an alter ego I'm not suprised it's going out of control. xD

Really enjoying the series so far!
Mar 19, 2012 7:54 AM

Jun 2011
Wow Yomi's different in this than in the OVA. So now Dead Master has become the villain at last, Saya really is Black Gold Saw, and Kagari's become good. Phew, that was an intense episode!
Mar 21, 2012 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
Really helpful guidance counselor there, poisoning the fragile minds of the students. Surprisingly violent reactions right there from Yomi, and causes Dead Master to be reborn from her pain. I like how Kagari has become much nicer now, compared to what she was before. I lol'd at all the masochists in class going crazy over her verbal abuse.

I thought this episode was an improvement over the last one. Might be nice if all four could become a close group of friends by the end.
Mar 22, 2012 4:58 AM

Feb 2008
Oh my goodness, the middle school melodrama in this episode was almost cringeworthy. At least the OST and action sequences makes it a bit better.
Mar 26, 2012 1:48 AM

Sep 2011
That teacher really sucks at counselling, and Yomi needs some counselling... asap.
Mar 27, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2010
Primity said:

emo Yomi is borderline Yandere. i love it!

she has snapped....hard!!

Mar 28, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2009
I like how so many folks seem to completely miss the fact that these kids have serious mental instability problems, not to mention a lack of good parental influences to keep them in check. The drama is hardly overblown - this is seriously the kind of stuff you can expect when
A. the circumstances are perfect for drama, and
B. the individuals themselves are prone to it due to factors in their upbringing and/or genetic dispositions.

Also keep in mind that Japanese social customs =/= western social customs. Over here we prize individuality, often to the expense of all else. That is not the case in Japan (or, really, any eastern Asian country).

That being said, I enjoyed this episode immensely. Yomi, being a victim of abuse herself (for years, remember), finally starts to break down completely and things are really starting to heat up in the Otherworld. Excellent stuff. I'm really enjoying this ride (that, and BRS' deliciously flat chest. Yes).
Mar 29, 2012 2:15 AM
Feb 2009
I take back what I said about the counselor. She now looks like the kind of person you just don't know what the fuck is she planning.

And breaking that co-dependence relationship between Yomi and Kagari looks like is going to result in one hell of an otherworld fight. After all those years of Kagari being completely helpless and Yomi being completely helpful, and now that she has noone to help, this means it's going to be one hell of a BRS-Dead Master fight :3

Sorry for my broken English, I'm absolutely tired ^^;
Apr 5, 2012 7:58 PM

Aug 2010
These girls are crazy. Their reactions are just overly dramatic. I'm trying hard not to drop this but meh there's only 4 more episodes left. I'll have to muster up what's left of my resolve to watch the rest.
Apr 18, 2012 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
Very good episode... Sadly I'm not too unfamiliar with Yomi's "thought-process"... Which is why I understand exactly why she reacted the way she did.

Definitely the best episode so far.
Jun 4, 2012 3:06 AM

Apr 2010
Damn! The OST that started playing 20:31 was frickin' amazing. Any one knows how it's called? o.O
Jun 10, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2012
talk about psychological warfare, this anime is mad
Jun 12, 2012 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
So it looks like the roles have reversed between Kagari and Yomi. Why do I have a feeling that Mato probably may be more messed up than all of them.
Jun 13, 2012 4:46 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good episode. Yomi has gone insane. She did piss me off quite a bit this episode. I have a feeling that Saya is responsible for everything.
Jul 8, 2012 6:46 PM
Feb 2008
It was bad enough that the Saya chick allowed students to miss class to chit chat but now she's gotta get fired considering all of her bad advice and her passive aggressive manipulation of 11 year olds! I love how socially awkward all these girls are (sans Mato...sorta) it's like a series with a target audience of young emotionally retarded lesbians!
Jul 17, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2011
Lol I really really love the series ... so intense D:
Jul 23, 2012 1:22 AM

Feb 2011
She's just going through puberty, let her be, she'll be fine once she tastes her first dick.
Aug 20, 2012 5:45 AM

Jul 2012
Kagari GOOD?!
Yomi CRAZY?!
W...T...F?!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.