MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Planetes Episode 25 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Planetes »» Planetes Episode 25 Discussion

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
View Poll Results: Planetes Episode 25 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

26 63.41%
4 out of 5: Liked it

6 14.63%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 9.76%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 4.88%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 7.32%
Voters: 41

02-04-12, 9:31 PM

I'm disappointed, I had hoped Hakim would go out with a thunderous "ALLAHU AKHBAR" when the explosion got him.

03-01-12, 1:21 AM

I have no idea what to expect in this last episode.

07-01-12, 11:30 AM

This one episode brought the show from OMG AWESOME to OMG... what?!

There were some great moments, like the near death experience (though it could have used more fleshing out,) but some things were far too convenient and unbelievable. Claire and Tanabe both lived? Yeah, okay. Tanabe was the person who found Hachi? Sure, makes sense. A random passing shuttle picked them up? It all just seems too convenient so the main characters don't have to get their hands dirty. If Tanabe made the decision to not take Claire's air she would have and should have died. Basically every other decision in this series had consequences and now...?

I hope the last episode vindicates this weird and crappy ending somehow, though I don't see how, since every other episode but this one was amazing and it deserves a better ending.

Luthimal said:
I really hope Hachi doesn't abandon his dream and settle down with some girl he dated for a month. A compromise would be understandable, but a 180-shift in thought? Come on...

Yeah, seriously.

07-13-12, 10:21 AM

Luthimal said:
I really hope Hachi doesn't abandon his dream and settle down with some girl he dated for a month. A compromise would be understandable, but a 180-shift in thought? Come on...

I second that as well. I do like romantic endings but I've never felt it suitable for this series, mostly because the romance has been so awkward. Maybe when I was Hachi's age I might have done the same, chosen love instead of doing something only a few people on Earth have a chance to do. But their relationship is not unique. Tanabe is not unique. However, after seeing Hachi in the last few episodes, I'm thinking that he might not be psychologically strong and stable enough to take that challenge. Again it's surprising that nobody seems to be concerned about his odd behaviour. With such a project they can't afford to take chances that he will lose it in the middle of the trip. So maybe it's better that he settles for an ordinary life. Looks like they're trying to say that the dreams you chase aren't necessarily on the other side of the solar system, that you can reach the stars just by shagging that redhead from the office.

10-17-12, 10:54 AM

danz said:
So they didn't have the balls to make either Tanabe or Hachi kill ppl... woah so unexpected. And just what the hell was Hachi so depressed about the whole episode? Nothing changed for him and suddenly hes all emo.
This anime had so much potential ;( I'm sad.

I think he got depressed because he actually did pull the trigger and was prepared to kill a man for some selfish reasons.. even if the gun wasn't loaded he didn't know that.

This was another great episode !! This anime gets better and better I'm really looking forward to the last episode!!

01-01-13, 1:17 PM

im assuming tanabe was really about to do it but just like hachi, plot armor kicked in and her oxygen went to 0 and got knocked out before she can actually do it.

01-25-13, 6:36 AM

Damn that was epic in the beginning a bit slower but on the ending fuck that was good! But the thing that happened to Tanabe is quite sad hopefully she makes a full recovery... and that all for helping a terrorist...

Lets see what the last episode has to offer us from this series!

04-19-13, 12:14 PM

5/5

Stake wonderful and full of feelings, the desire to know what happened haunts me. The narrative gradually reveals the facts and my anxiety fades though it hurt a little rest for the story of Tanabe and for the chance to Hakim! Stupendous designs, colors a little less, I can not wait to see the final that promises to be beautiful!

12-02-13, 5:20 AM

Yay!!! Tanabe is alive! And better yet A) she didn't kill Claire and B) it looks like she can make a full recovery. I kind of hope that Hachi actually stays with her and forsakes the Jupiter mission. That would be awesome.

12-31-13, 8:02 AM

When they said something like 'With Claire and Ai leaving us' I was afraid Tanabe had indeed died. Never really liked her, but somehow didn't want her to die in the end.

05-03-14, 9:02 PM

aero said:
Poor Tanabe, but judging from Hachimaki's reactions, he didn't seem to care much did he?

exactly my reaction

06-13-14, 12:38 PM

yea Hachi's reactions seems a bit underwhelming. I'm conflicted on this one lol. She's all like "Yea I just suffered O2 deprivation and my nerves are damaged. Hey I might be paralyzed <_<." Then Hachi is like Oh is that so >.>..... Wat. Come on would it kill a person to show a little bit of concern :c
Evangelion is shit

07-22-14, 1:54 PM

I somehow feel cheated out of something more complex. I felt like it could've gone darker and more challenging. But at the same time, I'm glad it didn't. It gave me time to let everything sink. The thematic conclusion was predictable though. But I'm too tired to analyze it completely. Still a great show. Overall, I'm pleased it didn't try to push the envelope any further, 'cause I'm at the threshold of a mental breakdown.

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices