Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Approve
Feb 23, 2012 3:34 AM

Oct 2010
I got my hands on some RAW DVD source and here is what I found out. Bear in mind that gore is there and kids. The list says it all.
  • Hands in the spoiler
    shown with details of the host being alive. That added some atmosphere.

• Kids are shown being crucified like on the columns and Caster takes a swipe at the head of the host in the spoiler
    ripping it out. Good thing it’s not detailed much.

• Side body seen with Caster’s master in the spoiler
    along with a kid in the background.

• More kids shown on the side of Caster in the spoiler
    along with Caster’s master looking at deformed host.

• During Caster’s fight with Saber. Before it shows kid’s head being crushed in the spoiler
    not too detailed. Added rage and atmosphere.

• From above details were done in shadow format in the spoiler
    THANK GOD it was not detailed like in the manga they do. It did add better atmosphere and rage.

• Kid is shown with bloody head in the spoiler
    being thrown away like garbage. Adds to rage.

• Limbs in the spoiler
    of kids have more details but not too clear. I did not see bones and limbs more.

• Kid near Saber is shown to have the shit come out from it in the spoiler
    now that was sick shit. Really sickest part for me to see uncensored. They really RAGED out in this out my rage.
In conclusion I want to see Caster dead in S2 fast. Few months remain still.

PS: DVD source and need to see BD source for any quality changes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 23, 2012 4:49 AM

Dec 2009
That's just nasty lol. Can't wait for the BD xD
Feb 23, 2012 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
Its bad but thank god it isn't as bad as i expected still....he needs to die like fast!!!!!

Hopefully as the plot is running probably with in the 2 first episodes he will be dead and i be really really happy.

Even so......CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BD's!!!
Feb 23, 2012 9:45 AM

Apr 2010
This is indeed just sick Caster and his master need to be dealt with no mater what the costs are since they will only cause misery.
It's no wonder Jeanne d'Arc didn't see anything in him tho this makes me wonder why she worked with him.
Feb 23, 2012 2:31 PM

Apr 2007
lol this is rather tame. After looking at the manga images I expected something worse. I don't think the DVD rental version includes any cutscenes, though, sooooo there may be more human art in episode 6 than what was shown here. Just 2 more weeks of waiting~

Aversa said:
It's no wonder Jeanne d'Arc didn't see anything in him tho this makes me wonder why she worked with him.
I only read a little of the time they fought alongside each other, but as a soldier Gilles was very powerful and a great leader. Jeanne could probably see that in him and wanted him in her army. It should also be noted that Gilles, both the character and actual person, became interested in the occult only after Jeanne's death. He may have helped to kill people before due to his grandfather (who was a terrible influence) and wasn't always...a stable(?) individual, but that didn't seem to have an affect on his war time.

Of course there are differences between the character and historical figure so the last sentence may not be very accurate.
MonochromeFeb 23, 2012 2:45 PM
Feb 23, 2012 5:29 PM

Oct 2010
Monochrome said:
lol this is rather tame. After looking at the manga images I expected something worse. I don't think the DVD rental version includes any cutscenes, though, sooooo there may be more human art in episode 6 than what was shown here. Just 2 more weeks of waiting~
But how do you know it's a rental version? Does it matter. DVD can get home owned but just of curiosity, the BDs have more than DVDs will? Did you get a source for that one?

Feb 24, 2012 8:11 AM

Apr 2007
Because the only way to get Fate/Zero on DVD is by renting it (there's a whole section for it on the official website). Right now Aniplex/ufotable is only selling BD sets and considering how concerned they are about quality, this isn't very surprising.
Feb 24, 2012 11:43 AM

Oct 2010
Monochrome said:
Because the only way to get Fate/Zero on DVD is by renting it (there's a whole section for it on the official website). Right now Aniplex/ufotable is only selling BD sets and considering how concerned they are about quality, this isn't very surprising.
Oh so that's it. DVD can't be bough but rented only. I did not know that.

Feb 24, 2012 11:55 AM
Dec 2007
Monochrome said:

Aversa said:
I only read a little of the time they fought alongside each other, but as a soldier Gilles was very powerful and a great leader. Jeanne could probably see that in him and wanted him in her army. It should also be noted that Gilles, both the character and actual person, became interested in the occult only after Jeanne's death. He may have helped to kill people before due to his grandfather (who was a terrible influence) and wasn't always...a stable(?) individual, but that didn't seem to have an affect on his war time.

Of course there are differences between the character and historical figure so the last sentence may not be very accurate.
Gilles de Rais was a nobleman who joined the military merely because a lot of nobles did so. France WAS in a state of civil War you know so it was in the nobles best intention to choose a side and make sure their intended king won. Not to mention it's noted that he was reckless and sometimes violent hence he loved the battefield. After he raised his riches further by earning the King's favour in war he went on to live a life of excess and eventually to dabble in the occult leading to the supposed abuse and murder of several hundreds of children.

Just as an aisde, the whole "dabble in the occult" and "torture and murder of hundreds of children" part is actually being put into question as of late, mainly because it was an accusation the Catholic Church pushed on him for reasons that may not have been entirely selfless (aka they wanted whatever was left of his lands).

Feb 24, 2012 11:05 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, that stuff looks good. I was confused at what Caster and Ryuunosuke were doing in their little lab, because all of it was censored. Now I know. And it's awesome.

Are they only adding gore to the DVD/BD? Any more material/touch-ups besides that?
Feb 24, 2012 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
No human pipe organ?

Disappoint.
Feb 24, 2012 11:09 PM

Oct 2010
Keilis said:
Wow, that stuff looks good. I was confused at what Caster and Ryuunosuke were doing in their little lab, because all of it was censored. Now I know. And it's awesome.

Are they only adding gore to the DVD/BD? Any more material/touch-ups besides that?
Possibly more on the BDs but who knows.

Feb 24, 2012 11:18 PM

Oct 2010
idiothair said:
Thread title is horribly deceptive. I feel cheated.
The uncensoring perhaps yes.

Feb 25, 2012 5:13 AM

May 2009
Keilis said:
There will be plenty of new scenes that were cut from the tv version.
Feb 25, 2012 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
stAtic91 said:
Keilis said:
Apart from the DVD?

So Static, kept my deal! This was all for you mainly and the community.

Feb 25, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
stAtic91 said:
Keilis said:
Apart from the DVD?
This is what I've heard anyway. I guess the DVD was only uncensored and the cut material will be included in the BD. For example, the uncut episode 11 was aired and it was about 4 minutes longer than the cut version. Wasn't there something about there being about 40 min of cut material or was that just a rumor? Maybe that's just something I've dreamt, because it does sound too good to be true.

the Blu-ray Disc box release of the Fate/Zero anime series will have the "original edition" of episodes with scenes cut from the television broadcast.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-06/fate/zero-bd-box-release-to-add-cut-scenes

Yumekichi11 said:
So Static, kept my deal! This was all for you mainly and the community.
I don't recall asking you for this, maybe it was someone else, but I do appreciate you doing it.
stAtic91Feb 25, 2012 9:19 AM
Feb 25, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Just as an aisde, the whole "dabble in the occult" and "torture and murder of hundreds of children" part is actually being put into question as of late, mainly because it was an accusation the Catholic Church pushed on him for reasons that may not have been entirely selfless (aka they wanted whatever was left of his lands).
I do remember reading something about that. I don't know enough about Gilles or the case to really have an opinion on it, but I can't see it going anywhere either. Just endless speculating.

stAtic91 said:
Wasn't there something about there being about 40 min of cut material or was that just a rumor? Maybe that's just something I've dreamt, because it does sound too good to be true.
It was stated in, I believe, a magazine about there being '40 minutes of bonus footage'. There didn't seem to be any specifics though so this may or may not only refer to cutscenes. We also never did learn what that bonus clip written by Nasu will be about...

edit; Found the original source, it's all in Japanese though.
MonochromeFeb 26, 2012 7:51 AM
Mar 1, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2010
Aversa said:
This is indeed just sick Caster and his master need to be dealt with no mater what the costs are since they will only cause misery.

Hmm, Nasuverse speaking, Gilles was a really devoted, wide-eyed idealist knight who believed in Jeanne like one follows an idol (and he might have been in love with her too), fighting nobly for the King of France. Her death thrown him into despair and madness. He dabbled with the occult and all, but it's also tragically hinted that his deterioration is due to "Mental Pollution" trait which also physically deformed him.

This fanart captures perfectly the before and after Jeanne's Death for Nasuverse Gilles:

Jeanne trusted the legit-looking, handsome nobleman. Actually, a lot of people in Nasuverse who became antagonists might have been idealistic in the beginning (Zouken, for instance).

I find ironic that Caster's wish is the most harmless and selfless out of ALL the Servants in the 4th Grail War. He just wants Jeanne alive, safe and sound. Saber, despite being so noble, her wish would potentially screwed over human history.

These scenes look a bit too tame. There was more gore in KnK than here!
ThessMar 1, 2012 6:25 PM
Mar 4, 2012 11:22 PM

Sep 2008
Looks toned down from what I heard of the scenes from the light novels, but still quite disturbing to see Caster's twisted slaughter of children.
Mar 5, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2011
This doesn't include all of the uncensored scenes. I'm guessing that the ones left out are much more gruesome, most notably Caster's lair (human furnitures).
Mar 5, 2012 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
lolzteez said:
This doesn't include all of the uncensored scenes. I'm guessing that the ones left out are much more gruesome, most notably Caster's lair (human furnitures).
I think that is later than the last volume I saw but BDs will be the last version where more is supposed to be added.

Mar 6, 2012 3:11 PM
May 2011
Kids got it rough D:. Damn that freakin' Caster, I honestly want him dead.
ban1o.jpg
Mar 6, 2012 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
no human umbrella, no human pipe organ. And it cost a lot.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 10, 2012 10:22 PM

Oct 2011
Just saw the Blu Ray version.

ernst said:
Mar 10, 2012 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
lolzteez said:
Just saw the Blu Ray version.

ernst said:
So what is added exactly?

Mar 11, 2012 12:09 AM

Oct 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Pretty much what you got :P
Mar 11, 2012 12:16 AM

Oct 2010
lolzteez said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh damn it did not change?

Mar 11, 2012 12:59 PM

Oct 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
lolzteez said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh damn it did not change?

have yet to see the human furnitures, but the scenes you posted were unchanged
Mar 11, 2012 1:10 PM

Apr 2007
Yeah I only checked out episodes 1, 2, & 6 so far and it's pretty much the same as your pictures. Very tame with hardly any detail.

They didn't even animate a part of the evil duo's conversation that should have been in ep 6 (I figured it would be a cut scene), not to mention any of Ryuu's backstory either. I wasn't expecting the backstory anyway, but in the drama CD they still managed to do a much better job with both and also portraying Ryuunosuke's character in general. I'm disappointed.
Mar 11, 2012 1:28 PM

Oct 2010
Monochrome said:
Yeah I only checked out episodes 1, 2, & 6 so far and it's pretty much the same as your pictures. Very tame with hardly any detail.

They didn't even animate a part of the evil duo's conversation that should have been in ep 6 (I figured it would be a cut scene), not to mention any of Ryuu's backstory either. I wasn't expecting the backstory anyway, but in the drama CD they still managed to do a much better job with both and also portraying Ryuunosuke's character in general. I'm disappointed.
Too bad then, the Drama CD was less expensive but still with the ridiculous pricesthey charge for the box set that should have not been a problem. Costs are higher for the material to make the animation out of it perhaps?

Mar 11, 2012 4:11 PM

Apr 2007
Who knows what the reason is. It does seem like ufotable wanted to avoid gore if possible which really is too bad. They did such a great job with the it in KnK, SO MUCH detail for some parts, and this is child's play compared to that. I'm not a fan of gore, but was looking forward to seeing ufotable's beautiful take on it once again. Now we can only sigh at what could have been.

But if this also forced them to cut some dialogue that helps with characterization, well, that's fail.
MonochromeMar 11, 2012 4:18 PM
Mar 11, 2012 4:57 PM

Oct 2010
Monochrome said:
Who knows what the reason is. It does seem like ufotable wanted to avoid gore if possible which really is too bad. They did such a great job with the it in KnK, SO MUCH detail for some parts, and this is child's play compared to that. I'm not a fan of gore, but was looking forward to seeing ufotable's beautiful take on it once again. Now we can only sigh at what could have been.

But if this also forced them to cut some dialogue that helps with characterization, well, that's fail.
I agree, it's a shame they did not follow to some extent the gore of Blood-C cause if they made it like that, I would be very much more affected. I guess it stays in the manga after all.

Mar 13, 2012 9:57 AM

Aug 2007
Monochrome said:
I wasn't expecting the backstory anyway, but in the drama CD they still managed to do a much better job with both and also portraying Ryuunosuke's character in general. I'm disappointed.

I really want to see the novels and drama CD beeing released in North America. They even brought Fate/Extra there so it wouldn't be a bad move to do this too. I would really want to own these things (officially). The king's feast Gil laughter alone is worth the drama CD.
Mar 13, 2012 5:37 PM

Apr 2007
Yeah Gilgamesh's laugh is far superior [and amusing] in the drama CD. Another disappointment :<

I really want to buy that stuff too~ The novels getting a US release seems likely, but I have doubts about the drama CD. It's not common for such a thing to be released here anyway.
Mar 13, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2007
I wonder why they never released the KnK novels though. That's why I doubt they'll release the Zero ones. I don't really know why, since they usually tend to release novels if the corresponding anime was released. Maybe the problem are these special BD sales which are only an object of interest for hardcore fans (because of the price) and in most cases only those watching an anime will also buy the novels of it who could be a rather small group here.

On the other hand they also released some novels without the anime afaik so I am not sure. But if they don't do it, then there is just another reason to hope for a..say, more mainstreamish release someday, without extras and cheaper. I ordered the BDs myself but I would want to see the anime (legally) watched by many fans and not only a few ones who accidently saved enough money in the last year.
Mar 13, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2007
I would think Fate is more well-known than KnK in the US, and therefore would have a better chance. As far as FSN goes both the anime and manga received decent releases before their respective English companies shut down. And like you mentioned before there's Fate/Extra as well. I don't pay attention to the novel/manga side of things though so I can't even guess what companies look for when licensing a series. Besides popularity of course.

I bought the box set as well, not taking any chances, but it would surly be great to see a cheaper release. There's no telling what Aniplex will do at this point.
MonochromeMar 13, 2012 9:41 PM
May 21, 2012 9:02 PM

May 2011
Is it wrong that I still want to see caster last at least until the final three? His sickening madness... I don't know why... I just LOVE IT! >:)
Nov 7, 2013 12:53 AM
Nov 2013
Apologize for the necro but which version are these scenes from? I do not recall seeing most of the scenes in the above pictures while watching FZ.
Nov 7, 2013 1:09 AM

Mar 2008
Stanfoo said:
Apologize for the necro but which version are these scenes from? I do not recall seeing most of the scenes in the above pictures while watching FZ.

As the OP said, it's from the DVD source. It's very common for the DVD and Blu-ray releases of (modern anime) to touch-up on the art, and perhaps un-censor things. You most likely watched a TV-rip.
Nov 7, 2013 10:56 PM

Aug 2009
Stanfoo said:

That means that you should download a bd release and watch from the beginning,since some eps have more content as well.

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.