Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2013 7:51 AM
Jul 2010
Hello, I'd like to ask you people something. In 23rd episode (and at least in 21st as well) there's a track which isn't included in OST. It starts in the background at 11:33 in 23rd episode. There's characteristic baritone line in this track, and it's mood is quite eerie. So if anyone of You discussing this episode knows something about that piece of OST, please let me know somehow.
Dec 1, 2013 10:49 PM

Nov 2009
Oh man!!! Claire! I really didn't expect that. I mean, I figured she was working with them at this point (maybe the whole series) however I didn't expect her to die. Though, too be honest, she kind of deserves to die. She fucked over her own people to go play terrorist, and then bashes on those who live peacefully, even looking down on her own kin when he was able to achieve something through peaceful measures.
Dec 27, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2008
Pirating_Ninja said:
Though, too be honest, she kind of deserves to die.

Agreed. Although at this point I'm not sure whether she really is dead (as the wound they showed was in her leg or something, if I'm not mistaken), I do hope so.

Apr 8, 2014 5:26 PM
Nov 2013
OrangeHollow said:
Though it's unlikely, I hope Hachi will shoot Hakim. I believe that every terrorist deserves to get a bullet in the eye.

Especially American soldiers who pretend they are the greater good but in fact are engaging in terrorism.
May 2, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
Cynic_Focus said:
OrangeHollow said:
Though it's unlikely, I hope Hachi will shoot Hakim. I believe that every terrorist deserves to get a bullet in the eye.

Especially American soldiers who pretend they are the greater good but in fact are engaging in terrorism.

Americans were the real terrorists
Jul 22, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
Looking back at the earlier episodes, this show got pretty dark. It's no longer just heavy. It's also kinda twisted. I'm still trying to regain my footing. Wow.
Jul 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2014
The white cat from the episode really reminded me of someone, especially in the way it moves it tail.
Aug 8, 2014 6:45 PM

Dec 2007
I'm to the point where Fee and Edel are basically the only characters I like.
Ich verstehe nicht
Aug 14, 2014 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
PrometheusZero said:
Oh no! Poor Dolf, and it looks like he had feelings for Fee all this time!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOLF!!!!

MAN what an episode.

OOHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAAAMN WHAT A CRAZY FACE HOSHINO HAS
AWESOME SHIT GOING ON HERE
Oct 3, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2009
Go Hachi! Kill the bastard!
Gib [img] plz
Feb 27, 2015 7:16 AM
Oct 2014
Don't know why "humanity's hopes and dreams" was fucking unguarded.
Apr 19, 2015 12:21 AM

Dec 2012
Claire, what a bitch, I hope she's dead. And the policemen are stupid, should have shot Hakim without hesitation. And I guess Hoshino will be stopped by Tanabe in the next ep.
Jan 17, 2016 6:56 AM
May 2012
Awww yisss!
Some action, baby.

Stringed said:
I'm to the point where Fee and Edel are basically the only characters I like.

Don't forget Yuri. Yuri is the man.
Well, let's see how this will go.
Apr 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
Well that was a great action episode
Jun 29, 2016 4:36 AM

Mar 2015
YES!!!
YES!!!
YES!!!

Claire died!
Claire died!!

YES!!!

2.8/5
Jul 2, 2016 4:51 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
The Space Defence Front is moving at full speed. This time they are trying to crash the Von Braun into the largest city on the moon.

After Hakim now Claire lost her cover and is a member of the terrorists.

Hachimaki meets Hakim again. Last time at the bombing he didn't manage to kill or injure Hakim. Will he do this time?
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Jan 15, 2017 8:15 PM

Apr 2014
one thing that i do enjoy about this anime a lot is introducing all these different characters and making all them significant in some way. it was neat to see all those previous characters we met have small appearances to show us an update on how they're doing (looks like the previously suicidal parents and their little girl were on the run). i also like how they show everyone's perspective to explain their actions

i really enjoyed the Swan's progression, she changed so much throughout the show, whether it be for better or worse.

anyways, i imagined a completely different route for this anime. i'm not really a fan of how this anime turned out but it was still interesting. a few more episodes to go

still....Hakim vs Hachi, not a fan of either of them so i don't care if they both die. you know you hate the main character when you don't mind if the terrorists kill him. still, i hoped the terrorists would be a bit more humane, really sad that Claire decided to join the cause in such a brutal way. but i guess it's more realistic this way. sad world

Axlicious said:
Cynic_Focus said:

Americans were the real terrorists
belovingJan 15, 2017 8:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
Fee's rant was the only good part...

I'm at a point of total apathy. Like, whether the Von Braun is successfully destroyed or not, I just don't care at all either way. I'm oversimplifying, but basically on one side we have the sociopathic edgelords, and on the other, the terrorists. I don't feel the meaning or the weight of the conflict, even if I roughly know what's at stake on paper.

And now the stakes have been raised to the point where an entire city is in danger. I guess I don't want Tranquility to be destroyed, but I feel like this radical escalation doesn't fit with the first two thirds of the show. Wasn't this series supposed to be "grounded", even if it was set in space? I guess I got the wrong impression. Oh well.

The show still looks pretty good, so there's at least something to look at.
LeeTailorAug 7, 2017 11:46 AM
Mar 16, 2018 10:41 AM

Jan 2014
why do people hate claire? i like her
Nov 19, 2018 4:24 AM

Sep 2011
This was so good, I was on the edge of my seat for most of the episode!

I can't believe Claire went, and became one of the terrorists too, the sad part is that I think that Hakim was just using her, he didn't bat an eye when she was wounded/killed, and said that "it was nothing" to his others 'comrades', but there is no way to know now if she would've reacted the same, so maybe they were both using each other, a pity they gave in, and tried to change the world like this, maybe if they had continued to climb their positions they would've been able to help people, but then again they might have been swallowed up by bureaucracy, and they would still be a minority, so...

I wonder if Cheng-Shin will be able to do something now that he realized it's a terrorist attack, he still has control over his current ship after all, and our debris team is neutralized, it would be a nice spotlight for him. Hachimaki continues to be the weakest part of the episode, first he goes like "I can be alone, I don't need anyone" to crying because his teacher died, and then he had the expression of a complete madman, it was like he didn't even care about 'saving the ship', just about killing Hakim, am I supposed to root for him like this? He needs a reality check as soon as possible to go back to being a 'nice' character, but well, this is getting good!
Mar 29, 2019 1:49 PM
Oct 2018
rip claire? just kidding she was a thot
Jun 13, 2019 5:28 PM

Feb 2012
Stop talking and shoot him, Hachi.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 3, 2020 3:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely the most tense episode from this show, Hachi really need to kill him.
Jul 11, 2020 1:34 PM
Jul 2013
FFS just shoot the man already.
I have a feeling Cheng Shin will try to ram Von Braun and save the city.
Dec 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Definitely an over the top and to a degree, over dramatic episode but it did get some tension built there. Kind of nutty thinking about the show and how it was 10 episodes ago compared to the absolute chaos it is now with terriorism, gunfire everywhere, deaths, mental states breaking down, etc. Only thing optimistic about the anime and where's it at, is the ending song that continues to play after each episode.
Dec 11, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2019
WhAT HAPPENED TO OUR LAID BACK SPACE SHOW. honestly wow!
May 20, 2021 1:25 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly, what is up with this show and people lashing out at bystanders/colleagues whenever they're anger. Everyone's had their round and now Cheng-Shin's turn.

At times, it feels like the characters in this show have the emotional maturity of a toddler.
Oct 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Aug 2019
seeing Claire get shot was hilarious, it was obvious Hakim is just using her so I honestly hope she survives and realizes she screwed herself over for a dude that doesn’t even love her
Dec 19, 2021 6:55 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda detest Claire now, even tho there have been characters that acted on worse motives. Terrorists act like cornered rats, that is true here, yet the fact that she's doing what she does despite knowing the consequences is bugging me. Perhaps I'm taking this too personally.

But damn, still an intense episode that I enjoyed immensely. It turned up quickly.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2022 9:14 AM
Nov 2020
well that went from 0 to 100 real quick
Jun 7, 2022 8:18 AM

Dec 2007
*dramatic music*
*hachi catch hakim*
hachi: "i will kill you now!"
*happy ending them*
><
oh well.

i dunno if i like the way the series is going, i liked the more sci-fi/dram story style, now it's seems it's going in code geass way in space.
don't get me wrong, it's still good, but i feel the series had went long way, and it had better moments.
Aug 30, 2023 9:49 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, the terrorists plans were very well thought out. I can't even blame Claire or Hakim for resorting to these methods, not after what they've seen and experienced with how their countries were devastated and still will be left behind in the space race dominated by the bigger, more well funded countries who will take and keep all the spoils for themselves. This is the only way they can fight back.

The Von Braun training candidates are fighting back, after a grand speech by Hoshino's dad.

Then Hoshino catches Hakim, and now ... it's time for the next episode.

I almost started biting my fingernails at all the tension in this episode.
Mar 27, 6:44 AM

Dec 2022
Hachi won't shoot him again and will waste yet another opportunity to reach the heights he wanted.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetes Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

189 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 22 Discussion

seita - Aug 28, 2008

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

55 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 26, 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.