MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Guilty Crown Episode 18 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Guilty Crown »» Guilty Crown Episode 18 Discussion

Pages (26) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Guilty Crown Episode 18 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
213 52.59%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
67 16.54%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
61 15.06%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
32 7.90%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
32 7.90%
Voters: 405

02-27-12, 3:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3564
Hmm... over 400 this episode... Soon this series will reach over 9000
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
02-27-12, 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 253
Anyone wondering how Kenji Kido was at the controls of the Luekocytes?

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

The Summoning Dark backed desperately into the alley, but the light followed it, burning it.

"And now," said the watchman, "get out of town."
 
02-27-12, 6:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3564
Articman said:
Anyone wondering how Kenji Kido was at the controls of the Luekocytes?

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.


I have no idea why the hell did Gai even want him or almost anything about him. IDK, I doubt we will get an answer of any sort...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
02-27-12, 7:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 253
GodlyKyon said:
Articman said:
Anyone wondering how Kenji Kido was at the controls of the Luekocytes?

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.


I have no idea why the hell did Gai even want him or almost anything about him. IDK, I doubt we will get an answer of any sort...


Kenji's own comments about Gai in episode 5, indicated that he knew Gai better then most within Funeral Parlour. Also, Gai knew what Kenji's Void was, something that he could have know, only if he had know Kenji before he was captured. While it has not been definitively stated whether or not Kenji was a member of Funeral Parlour in the past. Gai refered to him in the announcement as a Comrade. Although, Gai was also refering to Shu at that time as well. Gai needed both Kenji's Void and the Void Genome that Shu possessed to carry out his plans.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

The Summoning Dark backed desperately into the alley, but the light followed it, burning it.

"And now," said the watchman, "get out of town."
 
02-27-12, 7:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9872
Aw gramps. I almost laughed when you got bat shit crazy as well.

But people can justify that with the samurai spirit (which is just as non-sensical).

I wonder what further roles oh my shoe will play in this hell fest Tokyo.

Not that I bother to mention any more ridicule I have with the show but, are we assuming now that Inori know how to bandage an arm wound? There's no way a normal person would have the equipment and knowledge to stop that insane cut and be relatively fine afterwards (albeit a bit mindfucked).
 
02-27-12, 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 194
Articman said:
hudang said:
GodlyKyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:

IDK why the hell did they decide to bring gai back??
to be the villain.....i thought that was obvious at this point


I meant it was a terrible choice. And illogical on the part of the Keido, more importantly, HOW?

There's already like what? 4 villains?
Brow Void guy, Keido, GHQ, Mana, wtf...


cloning?

maybe with same way they did to mana >>> inori..
now they did gai to >> white hair gai..

keido and GHQ is yuu puppet..
and yuu is a da'at representative.. (and in this episode, they explainde what da'at is right)

and mana is.. uum.. i don't know..

so i think the main villain is this da'at something organization


Creating Inori made sense, as they needed a New body for Mana to inhabit. Also, Inori was meant as a means of communication with the Sleeping Mana. According to Keido.

Gai doesn't make sense. Unless they needed him to seize the Void Genome from Shu. But, that comes across as trying to lower the River, instead of raising the bridge. One reason that bringing back Gai makes sense is his devotion to Mana. Bringing back a Gai committed to Mana's resurrection, does make sense.

Still, how could they be certain that the Reborn Gai wouldn't turn agaisnt them? Unless they had some means of controling his mind, altering his personality during his rebirth. Or could be certain that some other person or power would influence the reborn Gai into the correct direction. Yuu/Daath/Eyebrows could be this influence. The Apocalypse Virus could be as well. We just don't know at this time. And I suspect we won't ever get an satisfactory explianation concerning this.


I think his right eye they transplanted in is helping controlling his mind. I could be wrong though.


Is anyone else wondering what Gai wanted to do with the stone that caused the Apocalyptic virus? Was he gonna destroy it? Or what? I'm curious on how it would of turned out if Gai got his hands on the stone first. I remember how Shu always kept asking him what he fights for and why but he would just redirect the conversation. He said to Arisa's grandfather he fights to be able to hold a women (Mana) in his arms again but maybe it's more. He's still a mysterious character and I hope they explain more about him soon.
 
02-27-12, 9:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7208
Damn, that was one badass grandfather; I am hoping Arisa dies at some point.
There's pretty much something to make you hate every character in the show.

I want to know what happens next, me and everyone else. D:
 
02-28-12, 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 163
Fucking lol at the ahegao of Shoe. You made my day.
 
02-28-12, 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3535
And still more than 48 hours left. Fuckin' dying here from anticipation. '__'
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
02-28-12, 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 4714
Jlopes3 said:
I'm sure all the inconsistencies and logical fallacies have been pointed out already, so all I have to say is bad writing is bad and it was getting a little bit better too....


Out of sheer scientific curiosity. How would you have done it better?
 
02-28-12, 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 134
Darklight0303 said:
Jlopes3 said:
I'm sure all the inconsistencies and logical fallacies have been pointed out already, so all I have to say is bad writing is bad and it was getting a little bit better too....


Out of sheer scientific curiosity. How would you have done it better?


I would have given Inori a personality for starters.
My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
 
02-28-12, 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 57
Bad Gai!!!
 
02-28-12, 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 498
Inori has gone insane. o_o
Guessing Gai wants her for the song like at the end of last series?

Looking forward to seeing how Shu brings this back, assuming he will?
 
02-28-12, 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
GodlyKyon said:
Articman said:
Anyone wondering how Kenji Kido was at the controls of the Luekocytes?

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.


I have no idea why the hell did Gai even want him or almost anything about him. IDK, I doubt we will get an answer of any sort...
We can still assume Gai is just using him and approved of him to serve him. Guy is crazy enough so at most he is as insane as the ideas of Gai are thus he works for him.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
02-28-12, 7:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 515

@silverfang I'm not totally sure how it works, however I have heard directors saying that they did not know how they were going to end the series while creating it. So, they could make a script for episode 1 then have the production team create it. Then make one for episode 2 and then have the team create it etc. So they could come up with the story one episode at a time. But that is a good point to bring up, however I think they can come up with the story one episode at a time instead of having a set plan for each episode. It's pointless to argue because unless someone inside tells us how it was made, we will never know.
Modified by EOTW, 02-29-12, 5:15 AM
Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.
 
02-28-12, 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
EOTW said:
@silverfang I'm not totally sure how it works, however I have heard directors saying that they did not know how they were going to end the series while creating it. So, they could make a script for episode 1 then have the production team create it. Then make one for episode 2 and then have the team create it etc. So they could come up with the story one episode at a time. But that is a good point to bring up, however I think they can come up with the story one episode at a time instead of having a set plan for each episode. It's pointless to argue because unless someone inside tells us how it was made, we will never know.


I can honestly say that when it comes to TV series, I'm not completely sure about the process (only the fact of how in general animation/movie production works), even though I would LOVE to know and see the process myself. So I agree that unless someone on the GC staff could tell us the process, I can't say much more than what I said before. I just wanted to say that I think that waiting until the previous episode to be finished to then start on the next, just sounds really weird to me and it would just make sense to have the story as a whole to then cut it into pieces. But maybe that's just how I would do it. But I'm not an expert, so it is possible that you may be right, who am I to deny that? And plus, this show isn't based off of a manga or video game, so they don't really have a reference or an ending that's already done.

Sorry, for the long-winded explanation, I'm just very passionate about the animation/movie industries.
 
02-28-12, 9:12 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4607
Moderator Notice:
I removed a great deal of the flaming in this topic which amounted to "you're stupid for liking this" vs "you're stupid for not liking this". Please behave yourselves or bans will be issued. You're not even talking about the episode. Cheers.
 
02-28-12, 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 4714
*salutes the moderating team* Thank you!
 
02-29-12, 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1931
need new ep!!! now
 
02-29-12, 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 232
Shu annoys the hell the out of me, but I can't stop watching...
 
Top
Pages (26) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices