Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 26, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
TeaLover said:
KorusNarek said:
We need Kamijou Touma with his pimp hand strong in this anime.

This.

I concur.
Feb 26, 2012 3:33 PM

Jul 2011
No matter the case, I just don't see this series ending well.
GodlyKyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:

IDK why the hell did they decide to bring gai back??
to be the villain.....i thought that was obvious at this point

I meant it was a terrible choice. And illogical on the part of the Keido, more importantly, HOW?

There's already like what? 4 villains?
Brow Void guy, Keido, GHQ, Mana, wtf...

BLACK MAGIC.
Feb 26, 2012 3:50 PM

Dec 2008
GodlyKyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:

I meant it was a terrible choice. And illogical on the part of the Keido, more importantly, HOW?

cloning?

maybe with same way they did to mana >>> inori..
now they did gai to >> white hair gai..

keido and GHQ is yuu puppet..
and yuu is a da'at representative.. (and in this episode, they explainde what da'at is right)

and mana is.. uum.. i don't know..

so i think the main villain is this da'at something organization

Feb 26, 2012 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
More religious references, Da'at now seriously?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 26, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
... Wow, so, they followed up a relatively good episode with a really boring / crappy one. GREAT -_-" At least I'm caught up now ... zzz
Gai uses Voids at will and kills the students, whatever and then DARYL WHY ARE YOU SO LAME NOW. YOU KILLED YOUR STUPID PARENTS. STOP CARING ABOUT TSUGUMI ... SERIOUSLY -_-"
Arisa kills her own grandfather ... well I guess he was willing to kill her too but ... uhm, OK. She's sticking by Gai now ... along with that other guy her "partner" I guess o_O
WTF was the ending ... ugh Inori, why are you so freaking annoying? More singing? That can magically carry super far away even though she's practically whispering? Then she just suddenly goes crazy, changes appearances and has super strong powers including making Shu go to bed by tapping his head? Are you freaking kidding me right now? Was this episode supposed to make us "feel" for her or something, because I just hate her more than ever. Jeez, why can't you let Mana take over and be LESS ANNOYING?! OTL
Yea, can't say I'm really pleased with this episode ... *sigh*
Feb 26, 2012 9:49 PM

Oct 2011
KaitoDash said:
tonyymmao said:
i don't understand, anyone who completed over 100 titles should not like this, sure, is interesting i mean i certainly find it interesting but is just not "good"

to give an example to what i mean, tell me, what is the over all objective exactly?.

I think "good" and "like" are irrelevant. I think it's bad but I like it. I might enjoy it but I won't give a good score.
I don't know exactly the objectives of this show, but my objective was to enjoy it and I think I succeeded.

I'm not sure I'm making sense though.

don't worry, ur making perfect sense. that's why i metioned it was interesting. however i don't think u can enjoy an anime without finding it interesting, well, except for comedy anime.

EvianBubble said:
... Was this episode supposed to make us "feel" for her or something, because I just hate her more than ever. Jeez, why can't you let Mana take over and be LESS ANNOYING?! OTL
Yea, can't say I'm really pleased with this episode ... *sigh*

how can u say that, that's heartless even if u go by objective view standards for this show
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Feb 26, 2012 9:55 PM

Apr 2008
tonyymmao said:

how can u say that, that's heartless even if u go by objective view standards for this show

Simple. He's not being objective. At all.
Feb 26, 2012 9:58 PM

Nov 2011
hudang said:
GodlyKyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:

cloning?

and yuu is a da'at representative.. (and in this episode, they explainde what da'at is right)

Creating Inori made sense, as they needed a New body for Mana to inhabit. Also, Inori was meant as a means of communication with the Sleeping Mana. According to Keido.

Gai doesn't make sense. Unless they needed him to seize the Void Genome from Shu. But, that comes across as trying to lower the River, instead of raising the bridge. One reason that bringing back Gai makes sense is his devotion to Mana. Bringing back a Gai committed to Mana's resurrection, does make sense.

Still, how could they be certain that the Reborn Gai wouldn't turn agaisnt them? Unless they had some means of controling his mind, altering his personality during his rebirth. Or could be certain that some other person or power would influence the reborn Gai into the correct direction. Yuu/Daath/Eyebrows could be this influence. The Apocalypse Virus could be as well. We just don't know at this time. And I suspect we won't ever get an satisfactory explianation concerning this.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 27, 2012 1:22 AM
Dec 2011
this anime is BEYOND incoherent but some how entertaining at the same time

I don't get it ._.

Am i the only one that feels this way? >_>
Feb 27, 2012 6:47 AM

Feb 2010
Lol with Gai being Archer Class.. hahahahaha
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Feb 27, 2012 6:52 AM
May 2010
Just wondering why everybody like Daryl so much?
Isn't he the bastard who shot the car Hare was repairing?
Hope he dies !
Feb 27, 2012 6:58 AM

Apr 2008
that's just one of his sins. There are plenty more.
Feb 27, 2012 7:03 AM

Jan 2011
myusername said:
TeaLover said:
KorusNarek said:
We need Kamijou Touma with his pimp hand strong in this anime.

This.

I concur.

+1
Feb 27, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2008
That joke is already ancient =_= and if you are being serious then you have no idea about matching a character to a setting. The first key parameter. DON'T PUT THEM IN A SERIES THAT WILL GET HIM KILLED 100%
Feb 27, 2012 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
Feb 27, 2012 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
That edit is scary instead of funny.
Feb 27, 2012 1:03 PM
Feb 2012
Plus it's tasteless.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 27, 2012 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Hmm... over 400 this episode... Soon this series will reach over 9000
Feb 27, 2012 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone wondering how Kenji Kido was at the controls of the Luekocytes?

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 27, 2012 6:21 PM

Sep 2011
Articman said:

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.

I have no idea why the hell did Gai even want him or almost anything about him. IDK, I doubt we will get an answer of any sort...
Feb 27, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Articman said:

I have no idea why the hell did Gai even want him or almost anything about him. IDK, I doubt we will get an answer of any sort...

Kenji's own comments about Gai in episode 5, indicated that he knew Gai better then most within Funeral Parlour. Also, Gai knew what Kenji's Void was, something that he could have know, only if he had know Kenji before he was captured. While it has not been definitively stated whether or not Kenji was a member of Funeral Parlour in the past. Gai refered to him in the announcement as a Comrade. Although, Gai was also refering to Shu at that time as well. Gai needed both Kenji's Void and the Void Genome that Shu possessed to carry out his plans.

Feb 27, 2012 7:24 PM

Jun 2008
Aw gramps. I almost laughed when you got bat shit crazy as well.

But people can justify that with the samurai spirit (which is just as non-sensical).

I wonder what further roles oh my shoe will play in this hell fest Tokyo.

Not that I bother to mention any more ridicule I have with the show but, are we assuming now that Inori know how to bandage an arm wound? There's no way a normal person would have the equipment and knowledge to stop that insane cut and be relatively fine afterwards (albeit a bit mindfucked).
Feb 27, 2012 9:04 PM

Nov 2011
Articman said:
hudang said:
GodlyKyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:

cloning?

Creating Inori made sense, as they needed a New body for Mana to inhabit. Also, Inori was meant as a means of communication with the Sleeping Mana. According to Keido.

Gai doesn't make sense. Unless they needed him to seize the Void Genome from Shu. But, that comes across as trying to lower the River, instead of raising the bridge. One reason that bringing back Gai makes sense is his devotion to Mana. Bringing back a Gai committed to Mana's resurrection, does make sense.

Still, how could they be certain that the Reborn Gai wouldn't turn agaisnt them? Unless they had some means of controling his mind, altering his personality during his rebirth. Or could be certain that some other person or power would influence the reborn Gai into the correct direction. Yuu/Daath/Eyebrows could be this influence. The Apocalypse Virus could be as well. We just don't know at this time. And I suspect we won't ever get an satisfactory explianation concerning this.

I think his right eye they transplanted in is helping controlling his mind. I could be wrong though.

Is anyone else wondering what Gai wanted to do with the stone that caused the Apocalyptic virus? Was he gonna destroy it? Or what? I'm curious on how it would of turned out if Gai got his hands on the stone first. I remember how Shu always kept asking him what he fights for and why but he would just redirect the conversation. He said to Arisa's grandfather he fights to be able to hold a women (Mana) in his arms again but maybe it's more. He's still a mysterious character and I hope they explain more about him soon.
Feb 27, 2012 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
Damn, that was one badass grandfather; I am hoping Arisa dies at some point.
There's pretty much something to make you hate every character in the show.

I want to know what happens next, me and everyone else. D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 2:42 AM
Jun 2007
Fucking lol at the ahegao of Shoe. You made my day.
Feb 28, 2012 6:07 AM
Feb 2012
And still more than 48 hours left. Fuckin' dying here from anticipation. '__'
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 28, 2012 9:23 AM

Apr 2008
Jlopes3 said:
I'm sure all the inconsistencies and logical fallacies have been pointed out already, so all I have to say is bad writing is bad and it was getting a little bit better too....

Out of sheer scientific curiosity. How would you have done it better?
Feb 28, 2012 10:01 AM

Feb 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Jlopes3 said:
I'm sure all the inconsistencies and logical fallacies have been pointed out already, so all I have to say is bad writing is bad and it was getting a little bit better too....

Out of sheer scientific curiosity. How would you have done it better?

I would have given Inori a personality for starters.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 28, 2012 10:15 AM

Sep 2009
Bad Gai!!!
Feb 28, 2012 5:53 PM
Mar 2010
Inori has gone insane. o_o
Guessing Gai wants her for the song like at the end of last series?

Looking forward to seeing how Shu brings this back, assuming he will?
Feb 28, 2012 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Articman said:

We can still assume Gai is just using him and approved of him to serve him. Guy is crazy enough so at most he is as insane as the ideas of Gai are thus he works for him.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 28, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2011

@silverfang I'm not totally sure how it works, however I have heard directors saying that they did not know how they were going to end the series while creating it. So, they could make a script for episode 1 then have the production team create it. Then make one for episode 2 and then have the team create it etc. So they could come up with the story one episode at a time. But that is a good point to bring up, however I think they can come up with the story one episode at a time instead of having a set plan for each episode. It's pointless to argue because unless someone inside tells us how it was made, we will never know.
EOTWFeb 29, 2012 5:15 AM
Feb 28, 2012 9:03 PM

Jan 2012
EOTW said:
@silverfang I'm not totally sure how it works, however I have heard directors saying that they did not know how they were going to end the series while creating it. So, they could make a script for episode 1 then have the production team create it. Then make one for episode 2 and then have the team create it etc. So they could come up with the story one episode at a time. But that is a good point to bring up, however I think they can come up with the story one episode at a time instead of having a set plan for each episode. It's pointless to argue because unless someone inside tells us how it was made, we will never know.

I can honestly say that when it comes to TV series, I'm not completely sure about the process (only the fact of how in general animation/movie production works), even though I would LOVE to know and see the process myself. So I agree that unless someone on the GC staff could tell us the process, I can't say much more than what I said before. I just wanted to say that I think that waiting until the previous episode to be finished to then start on the next, just sounds really weird to me and it would just make sense to have the story as a whole to then cut it into pieces. But maybe that's just how I would do it. But I'm not an expert, so it is possible that you may be right, who am I to deny that? And plus, this show isn't based off of a manga or video game, so they don't really have a reference or an ending that's already done.

Sorry, for the long-winded explanation, I'm just very passionate about the animation/movie industries.
Feb 28, 2012 9:12 PM

May 2008
Moderator Notice:
I removed a great deal of the flaming in this topic which amounted to "you're stupid for liking this" vs "you're stupid for not liking this". Please behave yourselves or bans will be issued. You're not even talking about the episode. Cheers.

I am a banana.
Feb 28, 2012 11:50 PM

Apr 2008
*salutes the moderating team* Thank you!
Feb 29, 2012 1:33 AM
Feb 2009
need new ep!!! now
Feb 29, 2012 8:10 AM

Feb 2012
Shu annoys the hell the out of me, but I can't stop watching...
Feb 29, 2012 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Apparently Shu managed to survive without needing any medical attention after losing so much blood. Oh anime logic. :(

I also didn't like the fact that Arisa turned out to be such a clingy bitch. Argh I hate her now.
Feb 29, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
darkerealm said:
Apparently Shu managed to survive without needing any medical attention after losing so much blood. Oh anime logic. :(

I also didn't like the fact that Arisa turned out to be such a clingy bitch. Argh I hate her now.

It's been kicked around earilier in this thread. If Shu recieved prompt first aid, within minutes of injury, it is possible for him to survive the loss of his arm. Once the Bleeding is stopped, then Inori would have to treat for Shock and then prevent Infection. From the looks of it, Shu was laid-up for the 3 days following his injury. Shu's still pretty weak from his injury.

Arisa is not in a good place right now. The people she's working with are a couple of cans short of a 6-pack. Sounding and acting like fanatics. She's killed her Grandfather. Now, she's seen Inori turn into a monster that sliced and diced a bunch of Endlaves. I don't hate her, rather I pity her. She was a much better character before this last Arc.

Hopefully, she'll have a chance at redeempt before it's all said and done.

Mar 1, 2012 4:09 AM
Sep 2011
I would seriously lol, if Gai was doing this to make the world hate him, then Shu the hero for killing him.
Mar 1, 2012 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
HariTop said:
I would seriously lol, if Gai was doing this to make the world hate him, then Shu the hero for killing him.
Highly doubt it. The `villains` did clone him or revived him or whatever crazy left-unexplained reason they have.

Though it would be hilarious if he somehow overcame their control and decide to be a martyr instead.
Articman said:
It's been kicked around earilier in this thread. If Shu recieved prompt first aid, within minutes of injury, it is possible for him to survive the loss of his arm. Once the Bleeding is stopped, then Inori would have to treat for Shock and then prevent Infection. From the looks of it, Shu was laid-up for the 3 days following his injury. Shu's still pretty weak from his injury.

Arisa is not in a good place right now. The people she's working with are a couple of cans short of a 6-pack. Sounding and acting like fanatics. She's killed her Grandfather. Now, she's seen Inori turn into a monster that sliced and diced a bunch of Endlaves. I don't hate her, rather I pity her. She was a much better character before this last Arc.

Hopefully, she'll have a chance at redeempt before it's all said and done.
That`s assuming Inori had these safety procedure skills which is doubtful.

And it looks like they`re just creating a terrible image of Arisa so she can be killed off in the next few episodes.
TachiiMar 1, 2012 5:40 AM
Mar 2, 2012 4:35 AM

Mar 2010
Am I the only person who think this anime is flipping out of it's track?
Mar 3, 2012 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
Did not expect that from Inori.
Mar 4, 2012 2:14 AM

Aug 2010
FUCKING SHIT!!

I think I shouted this like 3 times this episode. What's more interesting is that I'm actually getting dragged back in the show after two disappointing episodes.
HariTop said:
I think the anime is headed that way...
Mar 4, 2012 2:44 AM
Dec 2007
koleare said:
FUCKING SHIT!!

I think I shouted this like 3 times this episode. What's more interesting is that I'm actually getting dragged back in the show after two disappointing episodes.
HariTop said:
I don't think Gai even showed a hint of regret or selfless heroism in any of his scenes. If anything his whole character is painted around his Mana obsession (he created his little band of rebels to get Mana, kept Inori on his side to get Mana and now put the whole world against him for Mana. It's basically Lelouch's character, but without the selfless "cleansing the world of war for my sister" side.

Mar 4, 2012 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
Leon-Gun said:
koleare said:
FUCKING SHIT!!

HariTop said:
I don't think Gai even showed a hint of regret or selfless heroism in any of his scenes. If anything his whole character is painted around his Mana obsession (he created his little band of rebels to get Mana, kept Inori on his side to get Mana and now put the whole world against him for Mana. It's basically Lelouch's character, but without the selfless "cleansing the world of war for my sister" side.
Of course he wants to get back Mana and all. I think there's more behind his character than what's seen though. For all I know, we might be surprised by what will be happening in the last two episodes... or not, since the scripting is a tad awful, but who knows? I don't think it's wishful thinking the fact that at least the ending will be original.
Mar 4, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2010
HariTop said:

. . .
Mar 5, 2012 1:51 AM

Apr 2011
Why The Fuck gai turn out like this... I don't understand...
Mar 6, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2011
Crazy Inori scene was pure cringe.
Mar 7, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
Funny how every character is becoming corrupt in one way or another. Suddenly Shu doesn't look so bad compared to other chars. Looks like Shu has finally decided to be a proper good guy at the end of this episode. At least that's what it looked like.

Inori in her ugly form was pretty ugly. Not that I care, since I don't like her anyway. But considering all she had going for her were her looks, I'm sure her fanboys are devastated.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.