MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hotarubi no Mori e Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hotarubi no Mori e »» Hotarubi no Mori e Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hotarubi no Mori e Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

480 86.49%
4 out of 5: Liked it

53 9.55%
3 out of 5: It was OK

17 3.06%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 0.54%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.36%
Voters: 555

04-03-12, 6:58 AM

My god. Hotarubi is very beautiful, I almost cried at the end.
I was sad because he was too short.
Gin But I was fortunate to have at least hugged Hotaru, after all was what he always wanted, right?
So pretty! Exciting! Perfect.
Watching the movie reminded me a lot of anime Natsume Yuujinchou, by the way is great.
~
Loved! ♥

04-03-12, 8:49 AM

This is short but damn, it was one hell of a bittersweet experience. I was thinking what would I do if the one I love will die if I touch her...

04-04-12, 12:46 PM

This was incredibly sad. I cried so hard :(

04-04-12, 1:27 PM

Wow. That was magical and beautiful + so purely romantic. <3

I cried a little at the end, so moved!

9/10

04-04-12, 5:29 PM

This was so AWESOME, as expected. I read the manga for a long time ago und cried at this chapter, and again, I CRIED HARD. Expecially at the hug.
GIN WHY DID U HAVE TO DIE? T__T I can really recommend this movie.

04-05-12, 6:58 AM

wow!! just wow!!!
i started watching it because gin looks like natsume.
i almost cried when he gave her the mask and kissed her i found it really sad. then he had to touch a human and die. wow this is second anime that made me cry (first is clannad). i never thought i'd actually cry that was surprising.

10/10 recommended this movie is really entertaining and sad :'(
Modified by Sora-Kasugano, 04-06-12, 12:26 AM

04-07-12, 5:37 PM

It was a short movie, but I thought the length was perfect. It didn't feel like a major rush or feel like something was cut off; the creators really made good use of the time and made everything really well paced, considering they covered years of story in 40 minutes.

Man, I didn't think a 40-minute movie would make me cry, but I ended up crying bucket-loads. Everything was so subtle, yet everything made such an impact.

04-11-12, 7:41 AM

One of most beautiful Anime stories I'd ever watch..
Very touching and sad at the end...
I still can't believe how can this very short movies can makes my eyes burst... T_T

04-13-12, 2:45 PM

I loved the film, the ending was a stab in the heart though :(

By the way, I'm looking to cosplay as Gin. The apparel isn't hard, I'll succeed in that, but I can't find his mask, or a blank mask I can paint. Any help on where to find one? Please?

(If I'm not allowed to ask about cosplay in this thread, sorry!)
Favorite quote of all time:

'Nagisa, I’ve found it. I finally found it. Something only I can protect. A precious treasure only I can protect. It was right here. Right in front of me…all along…' - Okazaki Tomoya

04-15-12, 8:15 AM

So beautiful yet so sad.

"I'll never ever forget those golden summer days".

04-18-12, 5:52 AM

That was really cute. I haven't watched this sort of simple and heartwarming story in a long time, I'm really glad to have picked up this movie.
And like Ghibli's movies, it is also an eulogy of nature, it makes me want to be in summer. Especially since it's desperatly rainy in Paris ;_;

04-21-12, 10:14 AM

this anime just soooo GREAT!!!
long time didn't see anime just like Hotarubi no Mori e, and after see this
I CAN'T SLEEP TODAY!!!
>.<

04-21-12, 11:48 AM

Its short but its nice!
Just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L~
xD

04-22-12, 8:22 AM

The fuck?

Am I the only guy who thinks this is overrated?

Definitely do not think this deserves its top 25 or even top 100 or 200 place. Half, no the entire thing was damn flash backs, and dat accident-ending, smh, smh. Sorry, but while it did peak my interest with Brains Base working behind it and its oddly short length, I'm not moved, I'm not touched, and I'm certainly not about to shed any tears for this whimsical, sappy romance.

04-23-12, 11:32 PM

Yeah, definitely overrated. I mean it was good but not top 30 quality by any means. Didn't make me cry or feel too much unfortunately, maybe I'm the odd one here though.

04-28-12, 9:10 PM

just watched it and i have to say....

im still fucking crying not just a little but a lot i didnt want gin to dissappear TT^TT such bittersweet love story they should have made it longer but then i would probably even cry worser either way that was a 10/10 for me

04-29-12, 8:07 AM

Beautiful... :')

11/10

05-01-12, 10:25 AM

Takumaku said:
The fuck?

Am I the only guy who thinks this is overrated?

Definitely do not think this deserves its top 25 or even top 100 or 200 place. Half, no the entire thing was damn flash backs, and dat accident-ending, smh, smh. Sorry, but while it did peak my interest with Brains Base working behind it and its oddly short length, I'm not moved, I'm not touched, and I'm certainly not about to shed any tears for this whimsical, sappy romance.

You are making it far worse then it is. I think it deserves an 8. And yes, it ahd the flashback setup but so? What is your point? The movie was about their encounter, so it's all in a past tense so really what the fuck are you getting at?

That ending was indeed a big letdown, but it shouldn't be a reason to bash on it so much. This is a movie that let's you enjoy the relaxing vibe and the cuteness that goes along with it. Let's face it, this is just a slice-of-life kind of movie, and this is normal for it.

I think it deserves a 7/10 or my preference a 7.5/10.

But oh well, it was a good watch.

05-01-12, 2:14 PM

I’ve been anticipating this ever since it was announced and I have to say that it didn’t live up to my expectation, the animation was beautiful indeed but that’s the only good thing about the movie in my opinion and I know this differs for each person.

I thought that the emotions weren’t transferred as well as it did in the manga and the last scene (When Gin disappeared) I think they could’ve done it much better, the ending felt somewhat rushed...

I guess since I read the manga and knew how it would all play out, so I probably expected something much more but I guess I didn’t get that nevertheless it was a good movie and I’d give it a rating of 7/10.

This AMV had more impact on me than the movie itself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWwI34Qt4o

05-08-12, 1:06 AM

That was short and sweet. The ending came out of nowhere and hit hard...followed by that beautiful ending theme.

And the cute and playful young Hotaru reminded me of Ushio
"The end of happiness, the beginning of truth."

Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices