MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 80 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Kodomo no Jikan »» Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 80 Discussion

View Poll Results: Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 80 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

4 23.53%
4 out of 5: Liked it

5 29.41%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 47.06%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 17

02-22-12, 5:43 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
TLDR summary after the jump:

Okay, that was kind of weird and anti-climatic. But at least both Rin and Reiji has taken another important step towards recovery. But disappointingly not a lot has happened in this chapter, just a lot of rehashing of what has already been touched on in previous chapters. Well, if anything at least the lolicons will be satisfied with the
Rin had about Aoki. But honestly, I was hoping for a little more out of this chapter.

However, I noticed that people are wearing warmer clothes this chapter, and Rin was complaining that it was cold in the last page of the chapter. This indicates that it's getting towards the end of the year, probably November or early December. That means there's only four or five months left to the school year. I wonder how much story Watashiya-sensei can squeeze out of such a short amount of time? In any case, three stars.

Modified by Kokujin-kun, 02-22-12, 6:28 PM

02-22-12, 11:23 PM

"Next Chapter. New problem arises"

Oh boy.

02-23-12, 1:11 AM

Just that ? XD
A litle small pace chapter.
Anyways, i liked it.
[img]http://www.pixenli.com/images/1390/1390338721023165700.jpg[/img]

02-23-12, 2:09 AM

Holy shit. Both Rin's and Shirai's fantasies are a bit twisted.

Surprised that Watashiya-sensei actually took the dream that far, actually.

I applaud, as always.

02-23-12, 5:32 AM

Im in agreement with Kokujin...I was hoping for a bit more drama out of this chapter, especially with the way 79 ended.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that Rin is okay and seemingly back to her usual self but if there is such little time left, it makes me wonder exactly how this is going to end. It feels like very little has been resolved at the moment which is a bit depressing as I dont want to see an open ended ending. Would be better to see something conclusive.

The fantasy was a bit creepy but you could tell a panel or two in that it was a morphine induced hallucination and I'm quite relieved at that. I just hope it doesnt come between Aoki and Rin.

I agree, 3 Stars out of 5!

02-23-12, 10:29 AM

Ever since i started reading this manga i really was afraid this would happen hallucination or not that was way to far. But given that this is manga where all things are premissable or atleast thats the way it seems i been steeling myself since chapter one. I'm totally for a double wedding six years down the road with reiji and mini and Rin and aoiki (ive never learn ther exactnames in manga just the general shape of the words) but i really dont want to see any statutory rape. I think this was just a filler chapter for the most part since 78 was so monumental with Aoiki cofession or realiczation or whatever you want to call it you needed a couple of chapters to kind of get used to the idea and see how it will play out. im looking forward to the next chapter to have some perrty big goings on with rin and him as far as the usual misuderstanddings that happen in manga than either at the end or in the chapter after that a cofession. As far as the new problem arises line it probably not going to be anything big and the whole chapter might go to trolling and be about the one teacher meating the the parrents. Which i wouldnt mind beacause one of this manga strang points is the supporting charracters awesome stories that could be thier own mangas im particularly found of the development of sensei Jaded ( i can never remember her name at all)

02-23-12, 2:08 PM

thisguy2011 said:
Snip

How is it way to far? I'd say worse things have happened over the course of the series. Honestly, that was just a fever dream that showed nothing. At any rate, I wouldn't be too worried about any statutory at this point. I think at the least Watashiya Sensei is going to wait until Rin is something like 16 before she does anything more serious than kissing or getting felt up.

As for the chapter itself, I thought it was good, but I agree with the thought that it was anti-climactic. Sure we resolved some issues, but it all seemed to move too fast. Not that I'm complaining though, overall I'd give this chapter 4 stars.
Modified by hiyasc, 02-23-12, 2:12 PM

02-24-12, 8:03 AM

Anticlimatic chapter. Ah it was okay I guess.

Waiting a month for these chapters is hard....

02-24-12, 12:06 PM

Intense chapter with a few good (Shirai) and key (dream) moments, but I still feel that it is getting dragged out way too much. Since Boing-sensei's brother has been introduced and established as someone more than a throwaway character I'm afraid he will be the next obstacle. 4/5.

02-24-12, 6:59 PM

Overall I liked it. I knew rape was going to happen sooner or later. luckily it was a dream/fantasy. I was worried when she came to it would be Reiji having his way with her while she was out. Anyways, I like how this manga goes from ridiculous cliff hanger to brushing it off everytime. Although waiting for chapter 80 killed me and I was hoping for more. I liked how things turned out on how everything is sort of back to normal, but things could have gotten further. I foresee chapter 81 being very dramatic. I hope this wraps up with a good ending. Despite this being a loli manga, and me having no interest in loli, or ecchi, this story is still very good. Maybe all of the loli and ecchi scenes seems different because a women is doing it. Everything seems so harmless and natural in the loli ecchi moments, but some is still over the top.

02-25-12, 10:31 PM

I don't get the action from the last two pages - who shared an indorect kiss with who? Aoki and Kagami? Where? From Rin reaction it looked like she saw it but I was looking at those panels one-by-one and I can't see a thing :/

02-26-12, 4:40 PM

yeah i was kind of hoping for some kind of drama, or at least some serious trippy shit in rin's dreams. i guess it was midly trippy. and rapey. dece chapter i guess.

02-26-12, 11:49 PM

Karharot said:
I don't get the action from the last two pages - who shared an indorect kiss with who? Aoki and Kagami? Where? From Rin reaction it looked like she saw it but I was looking at those panels one-by-one and I can't see a thing :/

Rin kissed Aoki back during the camping trip, and Kuro got the sloppy seconds back in chapter 79.

And Rin reaction was from remembering her rape fantasy with Aoki while seeing him in the classroom.

02-27-12, 3:24 AM

Kokujin-kun said:
Karharot said:

Rin kissed Aoki back during the camping trip, and Kuro got the sloppy seconds back in chapter 79.

And Rin reaction was from remembering her rape fantasy with Aoki while seeing him in the classroom.

This is the second time you explained something to me ;)

03-17-12, 1:05 AM

@Kokujin-kun: Wait, that is Shirai!? I thougth it was Nigito?

03-22-12, 5:06 PM

Awesome.

Rin had some pretty messed up Morphine dreams there, but from what I hear, all morphine dreams are really vivid and messed up!

Kuro and Aoki bickering was funny as always!

04-16-12, 3:10 PM

Hyoroemon said:
@Kokujin-kun: Wait, that is Shirai!? I thougth it was Nigito?

lolwut?

04-23-12, 8:20 PM

this is my first time here, be gently :P

emotional side, rin's reaction about aoki+boin point of view only left resignation, rin stay aside of aoki now, the events than we see in 80 is because rin still loves aoki, but inside her (a drug was needed to see all of this), we need a totally new situation set to get a confession... being optimist maybe 10 chapters more :P

ecchi side, chapter 80 was so great! rin gets than he wants.. maybe too much xD, but be relieved, aoki never do this (i have faith in him ^^), maybe reiji, because reiji is a f**ing bastard

01-20-14, 6:13 AM

Ah, man. This manga is addictive. Sleep is for the weak..
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies and sacrifice all our allies. We’ll keep killing till there’s nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough"

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices