MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Bleach Chapter 482 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Bleach »» Bleach Chapter 482 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: Bleach Chapter 482 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

36 38.71%
4 out of 5: Liked it

30 32.26%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 12.90%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 6.45%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 9.68%
Voters: 93

02-22-12, 12:26 PM

Ever since the final of the fullbring arc, a lot of things from older chapters start to appear. I guess that Kudo's style of dealing with certain ideas is to delay them till a far away future and catch us off guard. Something that I liked about Fullmetal Alchemist, so it's approved.

As for the whole Quincy thing, all I can say that it makes perfect sense that they are, since they declared war on the shinigami who almost eradicated them from the earth itself 200 years ago. Other than that, nothing else.

02-22-12, 12:29 PM

Fai said:

Sir_Inqed said:
For a quincy to have a partial hollow mask on his face...if Kubo is pulling a quincy/hollow hybrid like the Arrancar, I quit Bleach here and now. That would be the most boring, uncreative and cheap thing he could pull off. Who knows...

Or, by a chapter name, its a bad recognition on main cast part.

Quincy is NOT a race. Its a teaching.

A shinigami could be a quincy.
A hollow could be a quincy.
A fullbringer could be a quincy.

Its a teaching that takes hundreds of years to hone into bloodline and it stems from an older race of "magic hunters"

Regardless of you thinking of them as not a "race", but a "teaching", that does not negate the possibility of a Hollow/Quincy hybrid, a Hollow gaining Quincy powers, a similar situation where a Hollow gains Shinigami powers. You mentioned that a variety of different beings ( shinigami, fullbringers, etc. ) could be a Quincy. That's plausible, I am fine with that. So why is it so farfetched of an idea for their to be a Hollow/Quincy hybrid? Are you implying that because Quincies are not a "race" and is instead a "teaching" that any being is capable of learning, that there can't be a hybrid of the two where a Hollow gains their powers? If you can accept other beings becoming one, I don't understand how my view is any lesser of a possibility than yours.

And while any of this could be possible, I still stand by what I originally posted. It would seem like a rather cheap and boring route for Kubo to take IF, and I'm saying IF, he were to take it. We already had the Arrancar, another hybrid like them would seem unoriginal.
Modified by Sir_Inqed, 02-22-12, 12:52 PM

02-22-12, 12:49 PM

The quincys are rebelling.
"We will go when we finish this bread", they don't even care about the new guy lol

All my gifs are in my blog

02-22-12, 1:01 PM

Fai said:
hungry_bunny said:
These "quintespada" or whatever they are, can't be Royal Guards. That doesn't make sense. They might share the same powers as the royal guard but if they're the reason behind the dissapearing souls and hollows then they'd be damaging a system that the Soul King has been supporting for thousands of years. So Royal guard is not how I would describe them, I can't even accept the thought that they're ex-royal guards cause I have this feeling that... just like the shingami... once you're in, you're in forever, otherwise you'll be hunted down and locked up in a maggot's nest.

Except the current SS is pro-liberalism and going away from the ways they were in before.

Think about this - What has changed in last few years in ss? Easy - Ichigo came in and upset the balance of the place, challenging the laws that were set for thousands of years. It could be as simple as Soul King not liking the direciton it all goes.

Remember what english people did when they did not like the fact that certain colony of theirs is getting too independent?

It would make sense for them to count SS as opposition, not to mention that there are millions of possibilities on why RG would count SS as enemies: Ichigo's existence and secret behind his birth for example
First, Ivan. The RG could have a grudge against the shinigami and yes, I agree that the possibility that they fear or want Ichigo restricted is very high but Ivan didn't look like a person who wanted to hurt Ichigo. At least before he got kicked in the face...

Of course, the fact that he isn't masked like the SS-"visitors" could suggest that he's their enemy and that the other 7 black-masked guys/girls are different... so for them, I'm going to reiterate my last and strongest argument... "The Tearing" and "The Disappearences", those that have been mentioned in the last two chapters, why would the RG be responsible for something like that, destroying the 13 divisions of Soul Society shouldn't need such drastic measures as destroying everything around it as well. Wouldn't such a thing trouble the Soul King more than the potential threat of a teenage shinigami and a liberal SS?

02-22-12, 1:16 PM

*eats popcorn while he watches all the people drop this for whatever reason*
Orihime opening the window was pretty funny and it seems like quincys are declaring war? but for some reason i feel Ivan is a bit different then the other ones.

02-22-12, 1:17 PM

I don't think Ivan is actually a hollow hybrid. Quincys are said to despise hollows, so becoming hybrids would be kinda plot-holish.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-490-12/bleach/chapter-36.html

Unless they figured that the only way to defeat the SS was by taming hollows/(hollow powers) and using them like attack dogs or something. I could go for something like that.

02-22-12, 1:20 PM

quincy? seriously? i hoped for something more... interesting for the last arc. and i do hate quincy, though i don't even know why >.>

02-22-12, 1:31 PM

Interesting enough chapter I guess.

Huzzah for uryu's bum chums.

02-22-12, 1:44 PM

So he's a Quincy? Sounds great but I hope Kubo has got a good plot to go with. I agree that the whole hybrid thing is boring because Kubo has used that before (arrancars) but I would like to know more about the Quincys and if he can again pull that idea off, then he'll be safe.

I'm guessing those were also Quincys that wanted to declare war to Yamamoto? Mhmm... interesting I guess, I can see that happening.

Oh well it's only early days, I hope more happens and it gets better!

Salinga said:
Ahahaha, oh man Yumichika's new hairstyle. I can't believe Kubo gave him a braid. He even took off his eye-feathers!
So I wasn't the only one that laughed? He looks even more womanly to me! xD
As it turns out, living was a punishment...

02-22-12, 2:07 PM

I should be interested in the quincy but Kubo neglected them so much that I´m not =/

I would like to see more of that tension between Ichigo & SS instead...

02-22-12, 2:13 PM

I might agree upon Ivan and/or the masked guys at the end of the chapter being those old Quincys of the legend, those "magic hunters" who taught Ishida's ancestors their techniques; it is a very fascinating theory indeed.
But, since it's a well known fact that Quincys kill Hollows whereas Shinigamis don't, considering that the Soul King (so the RG) approved Soul Society's way of dealing with Hollows and that this way hasn't changed in this last period (let's say, at least since Ichigo first met Rukia), I don't see how these old Quincys could be from the RG or work for the SK.
I'm even less persuaded about this when I think that SK represents order and balance in the Universe: it wouldn't make any sense that he was siding with people destroying souls, even if Hollow's souls.

02-22-12, 2:32 PM

hungry_bunny said:
Fai said:
hungry_bunny said:
These "quintespada" or whatever they are, can't be Royal Guards. That doesn't make sense. They might share the same powers as the royal guard but if they're the reason behind the dissapearing souls and hollows then they'd be damaging a system that the Soul King has been supporting for thousands of years. So Royal guard is not how I would describe them, I can't even accept the thought that they're ex-royal guards cause I have this feeling that... just like the shingami... once you're in, you're in forever, otherwise you'll be hunted down and locked up in a maggot's nest.

Except the current SS is pro-liberalism and going away from the ways they were in before.

Think about this - What has changed in last few years in ss? Easy - Ichigo came in and upset the balance of the place, challenging the laws that were set for thousands of years. It could be as simple as Soul King not liking the direciton it all goes.

Remember what english people did when they did not like the fact that certain colony of theirs is getting too independent?

It would make sense for them to count SS as opposition, not to mention that there are millions of possibilities on why RG would count SS as enemies: Ichigo's existence and secret behind his birth for example
First, Ivan. The RG could have a grudge against the shinigami and yes, I agree that the possibility that they fear or want Ichigo restricted is very high but Ivan didn't look like a person who wanted to hurt Ichigo. At least before he got kicked in the face...

Of course, the fact that he isn't masked like the SS-"visitors" could suggest that he's their enemy and that the other 7 black-masked guys/girls are different... so for them, I'm going to reiterate my last and strongest argument... "The Tearing" and "The Disappearences", those that have been mentioned in the last two chapters, why would the RG be responsible for something like that, destroying the 13 divisions of Soul Society shouldn't need such drastic measures as destroying everything around it as well. Wouldn't such a thing trouble the Soul King more than the potential threat of a teenage shinigami and a liberal SS?

Thats what is interesting: WE ASSUME, that Ivan IS part of the same group that did all that stuff or who approached Yamaji in the end. What if he is not? Maybe he is former or renegade RG, coming to warn them? Or some friend of Ryuuken's ?

What if the person who approached Hyori and vaizards who did NOT rejoin SS was someone else?

Also what is happening in SS and HM seems awfully like a purge for me. As if RG is cleaning up the place, to reset it all so to say - clean up those pesky liberals, build SS from the ground up

Notice how they hit exactly TWO places that Ichigo has changed with his actions? Halibel and Nel are in control of HM(with mayuri having labs there too) thanks to Ichigo and SS is changing thanks to Ichigo too.

Also what is interesting is that they are masked - which connects nicely with Ikaku's implication that those civilians were gathered by "their own" - what if "Royal Guards" blend in into the SS existing there and monitoring stuff? They would need masks to protect their real identities then.

That would fit with Aizen calling Urahara "SK's agent" (or something like that) also it would have a huge shock potential of revealing some important existing characters as villains.

Sir_Inqed said:
Fai said:

Sir_Inqed said:
For a quincy to have a partial hollow mask on his face...if Kubo is pulling a quincy/hollow hybrid like the Arrancar, I quit Bleach here and now. That would be the most boring, uncreative and cheap thing he could pull off. Who knows...

Or, by a chapter name, its a bad recognition on main cast part.

Quincy is NOT a race. Its a teaching.

A shinigami could be a quincy.
A hollow could be a quincy.
A fullbringer could be a quincy.

Its a teaching that takes hundreds of years to hone into bloodline and it stems from an older race of "magic hunters"

Regardless of you thinking of them as not a "race", but a "teaching", that does not negate the possibility of a Hollow/Quincy hybrid, a Hollow gaining Quincy powers, a similar situation where a Hollow gains Shinigami powers. You mentioned that a variety of different beings ( shinigami, fullbringers, etc. ) could be a Quincy. That's plausible, I am fine with that. So why is it so farfetched of an idea for their to be a Hollow/Quincy hybrid? Are you implying that because Quincies are not a "race" and is instead a "teaching" that any being is capable of learning, that there can't be a hybrid of the two where a Hollow gains their powers? If you can accept other beings becoming one, I don't understand how my view is any lesser of a possibility than yours.

And while any of this could be possible, I still stand by what I originally posted. It would seem like a rather cheap and boring route for Kubo to take IF, and I'm saying IF, he were to take it. We already had the Arrancar, another hybrid like them would seem unoriginal.

Because its technically NOT a hybrid.

If I were a muslim and converted into christianity, would that make me muslim/christian hybrid?

It depends how it is handled - does one "learning" quincy teachings replace his powers with that or do they merge them into one?

Overriding would make sense and explain why Ivan claims to NOT be an arrancar or hollow.

ElMorty said:
I might agree upon Ivan and/or the masked guys at the end of the chapter being those old Quincys of the legend, those "magic hunters" who taught Ishida's ancestors their techniques; it is a very fascinating theory indeed.
But, since it's a well known fact that Quincys kill Hollows whereas Shinigamis don't, considering that the Soul King (so the RG) approved Soul Society's way of dealing with Hollows and that this way hasn't changed in this last period (let's say, at least since Ichigo first met Rukia), I don't see how these old Quincys could be from the RG or work for the SK.
I'm even less persuaded about this when I think that SK represents order and balance in the Universe: it wouldn't make any sense that he was siding with people destroying souls, even if Hollow's souls.

Thats why Royal Guards have not been seen in SS nor anything else till now, I bet.

Think of it? What would make sense to have as your personal troops and protection? Something that balances? Or something that eradicates?

The problems with Quincies were not that their powers could do that. The problem was that they WERE doing that and even now there's a lot of things shady about their massacre, upon which, I hope, Kubo will touch upon

Also Soul King? Well, there is that fact that even a fraction of truth about the nature of "its" existence turned Aizen into raving lunatic rebelling against entire world. Not to mention something also made Ginjou get hunted.

Kubo did say that he is saving important puzzle pieces for the last arc so I would not be surprise if some of these gaps would get filled in now.
Modified by Fai, 02-22-12, 2:35 PM

02-22-12, 3:38 PM

Arashi89 said:
Meh, another chapter where it seems like we're going somewhere but then ends abruptly before we can have a clear image of the plot. And what's supposed to be Ivan? An hollow/quincy hybrid? Another group of Quincies that nobody knew that they existed until now? So much for the Ishida family being the last Quincy alive...

Also, look at this glorious piece of art made by Kubo:

Aww, look what Kubo drew! I'm gonna put this right on the fridge so everyone can see! lol.
I swear one of this days, there will be a chapter called "U Mad Bro?", and Aizen will murder every single character in the series, only to be decapitated by Yachiru, followed by Aizen saying everything that has happened in this manga was an illusion. THE END.
Modified by Consumed, 02-22-12, 3:45 PM

02-22-12, 4:21 PM

What about Aizen, he wanted to destroy everything I don't think the Soul King would like that if, it was a balance issue.

02-22-12, 5:05 PM

DuroDeMatar said:
The quincys are rebelling.
"We will go when we finish this bread", they don't even care about the new guy lol
Well if Ichigo could kick him on his first try, I wouldn't be worried either. Besides, why waste such good bread?

02-22-12, 5:12 PM

Could someone (on my profile) tell me if this "arc" is a FILLER?
[IMG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1143/uinw.jpg[/IMG]

02-22-12, 6:30 PM

Hawaiian420 said:
What about Aizen, he wanted to destroy everything I don't think the Soul King would like that if, it was a balance issue.

Well he did not want that.

From what little we do know of Aizen's backstory is that he was a genius, not that unlike Ichigo, in terms of shinigami arts and progress and happened to see Soul King or something about him somehow, which led to his crusade of trying to end Soul King, any means necessary,

02-22-12, 7:01 PM

One of the main problem here is that people think that Shinigami, Quincy and Fullbringer are differents races when they are not.

Shinigami is as much of a teaching as Quincy is. Potent soul that end up in rukongai attend to the shinigami school and are raised as such, they also had the potential of being quincy but since the shinigami are monopolysing the strong souls with the way their established system work most if not all of them end up becomming Shinigami.

There is nothing wrong with a Quincy being able to learn Shinigami art and even get a zanpakutou and there would be nothing wrong with a Shinigami learning Quincy art. That is to say the same of fullbring.
The reason why Shinigami does not learn/despise Quincy art is because these go against their belief. Shinigami cleanse soul, they do not kill and do not have any wish to (Some exception may apply but I talk in a general basis).
Because of that Quincy were hated by SS and killed at sight for going against SS's ideal. Quincy couldn't get into SS and Shinigami wouldn't befriend them thus resulting in no Quincy being teached Shinigami art/lent a zanpakutou but this don't mean in any case that Quincy couldn't use one.

You see Shinigami are pretty much self centered and like to make themselve the center of the world when they are not. Shinigami power is just a potent source of power that can be used for anything else for that matter.

I'm pretty much sure that this will end up with these magic hunter being the source of shinigami's, quincy's and fullbring's power which were slowly separated through age.
Shinigami teaching is to cleanse the souls
Quincy teaching is to destroy the souls
Fullbring teaching is to use the souls.
It would be pretty much normal for the RG to be master in these three arts, basically being people that have total control over one's existence.

02-22-12, 7:22 PM

Aren't Quincy a variation of Fullbringer? Ginjo could change his cross into sword and Ishida can make spirit bow from his cross. If Ginjo power came from Hollow then Quincy could also originate from the same place.

I got some idea going in my head but it's harder and harder to form into something that would make sense.

@Maddo_scientisto
So in a way living person spiritually aware might gain the Quincy "Power"? He could also become fullbringer if he was affected by hollow reiatsu while still in his mother womb?

Once he dies and is left alone he can become hollow then enter hueco mundo and if all conditions are met he might end as high level hollow with unique personality. His soul could also be consumed by hollow before he turns into one and he would still emerge as dominant personality later in evolution chain.

If treated by Shinigami and sent to Soul Society he could be found in Rukongai (like Hitsugaya was by Matsumoto) and join Shinigami Academy. He could join them also as Rukia and Renji did - cause they could for some reason or another.

So in the end all starts from Strong Soul (dead or alive) that has potential.
Modified by SleepnDreamn, 02-22-12, 7:36 PM

02-22-12, 7:34 PM

SleepnDreamn said:
Aren't Quincy a variation of Fullbringer? Ginjo could change his cross into sword and Ishida can make spirit bow from his cross. If Ginjo power came from Hollow then Quincy could also originate from the same place.

I got some idea going in my head but it's harder and harder to form into something that would make sense.

Like I said there are three teaching that are very influencial in the bleachverse:
Shinigami teaching are to cleanse the soul
Quincy teaching are to destroy the soul
Fullbringer teaching are to uses the soul.

Ishida does not takes the soul out of his cross when he uses it, it's a weapon created by Quincy just likes Zanpakutou are weapon created with Shinigami's teaching in mind.
Still it is possible that every teaching borrow a bit of the two others because in the end they form a whole which all end up with 'controlling soul's existence'.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices