Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2008 3:17 PM
Jun 2007
I've read articles like this: http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/19/taniguchi-on-geass-not-as-planned/ which I found from RC, and been wondering if the ending's gonna suck since its going to be different from what they planned.

What do you guys think about this?
giossAug 28, 2008 3:28 PM
Aug 28, 2008 3:53 PM

Oct 2007
Just means that my original thoughts about this season was correct. That it was more about catering to fans than actually creating an intricate story. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2008 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think you needed to be a genius to realize that R2 was a steaming pile of fan and public-standard influenced crap.
Aug 29, 2008 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
Personally, I would describe R2 very simply as...

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.
Aug 29, 2008 3:08 AM

Jun 2007
The only reason to watch R2 is to look at Kallen's magical boobs that change size so often that it puts Nami to shame.

But yes, its like that everything good and interesting of season 1. Then take that out and replace it with more fanservice and stupidity.
Aug 29, 2008 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
Brian333 said:

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.

Well if you think that, then you definitely should vote my review helpful ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2008 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
Not sure if somebody made this topic.
But I have to say, I like R2 and all, but it kind of shot me in the foot once they explained the reasoning behind the emp. <.< I mean, it wasn't as good as I would have hoped. Not to say the rest of R2 was excellent, but this is not going so good for an ending.

Anyways, I dont know if any of you heard about the fact that the dude [Taniguchi] who created Geass actually had to remake the script for R2 do to them getting a prime time showing. So if you didnt know about it, copy and paste the link below. And read it..
http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/19/taniguchi-on-geass-not-as-planned/

Anyways, with that being said I hope, or more like wish because I highly doubt this would happen, that they release a R2 version 2 that shows how season 2 was supposed to be. :)
Because at the current moment, despite Lelouch being made emperor, I would rather have a 1000000x better story like in geass first season. Because this is truely going down hill. The emperor, hopefully, had a better reason in the scripts that were trashed.

<__< HOPEFULLY!

I still like R2, and this is fully my opinion. But I just needed people to read that to see what they think.

Aug 31, 2008 4:55 PM

Feb 2008
Dunno maybe (if all of that was true), just some things felt thrown into R2 at the last second.
Also can anyone tell me why they would have to change everything because they got a different time slot?
Aug 31, 2008 5:41 PM
Jun 2007
Brian333 said:

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.

lol that's half true for me. lol
Aug 31, 2008 5:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
episode 21 was WTF.

not only they destroyed and contradicted what they said earlier about Marianne, they completely destroyed her character...

WTF.

They clearly make up the episodes as they go...

the result: VERY BIG and flashy piece of ***.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 31, 2008 5:46 PM

Jun 2008
Sephor said:
Dunno maybe (if all of that was true), just some things felt thrown into R2 at the last second.
Also can anyone tell me why they would have to change everything because they got a different time slot?

different timeslot since its primetime=more censorship
Code Geass first season ran at night.

Also a different audiences.

Its like asking why Bleach runs on Adult Swim and Naruto runs on Toonami. <.<
That might not as good of a comparison. but oh well.
Aug 31, 2008 5:46 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Seems to be about the same thing so please post here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=40630 . Thanks. Locked.

[edit]: Actually, since this topic has a poll, I'll merge the topics.
[edit]: Poll didn't get copied to this topic it seems. Nevermind then.
cyruzAug 31, 2008 5:50 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 31, 2008 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
Hopefully they make like a Code Geass R2-original version-
or something. v.v Might not happen in the future, but oh well. >_< I can hope.
Aug 31, 2008 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
cyruz said:
Seems to be about the same thing so please post here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=40630 . Thanks. Locked.

[edit]: Actually, since this topic has a poll, I'll merge the topics.
[edit]: Poll didn't get copied to this topic it seems. Nevermind then.

XD!

Thankyou for the attempt.
Aug 31, 2008 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Master_M2K said:
Brian333 said:

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.

Well if you think that, then you definitely should vote my review helpful ^_^

Haha, shameless plug? Well, I'll read it. I might write my own review for this when it's over. I have a feeling that because it doesn't hump Code Geass's leg, rabid fanboys are probably going to go to town with the "not helpful" button.
Aug 31, 2008 10:23 PM

Jun 2008
*sigh* why does this remind me of Gundam SEED Destiny..... I hope Gundam 00 season 2 isn't as bad....
Sep 1, 2008 5:37 AM

Mar 2008
Brian333 said:
I don't think you needed to be a genius to realize that R2 was a steaming pile of fan and public-standard influenced crap.

I was in denial, and now I am convinced <_<
Sep 1, 2008 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
What I think is that people should first read the Taniguchi interview and not just a glorified summary with comments and interpretation from someone else.

http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/22/taniguchi-interview-from-the-roman-album/

This is a different link from the one that gets posted all over the place, but it's the same website.

Now, the thing is...the changes made to the show can't be used as an excuse for everything that somebody doesn't like, and even for problems that can't possibly be excused by it.

Yet, in my opinion, there are also things that I don't mind even if others think they are "crap". Yes, I don't agree with that, but I am not going to give the show a 10, if that's what you are thinking.

For example, as wacky as the Ragnarok plot line was, it was something that the show was hinting at from the beginning. I don't think you can blame that on any change or "not as planned" statement. If you didn't like it, it's alright, but don't say it wasn't already in the first series, in a way. It didn't come to happen until now, but there were signs of it. That's not something that was "changed" completely.

It's also worth considering there was no finished script for the sequel or anything, and Taniguchi is not saying that every single thing in the show is not what he wanted in any way. Some people seem to have that idea, and I don't think that's in the actual interview nor what he meant.
GolbeztheGreatSep 1, 2008 4:47 PM
Feb 7, 2011 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
Brian333 said:

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.

...but kept me watching.
Feb 7, 2011 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
Brian333 said:

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.

...but kept me watching.
Jan 4, 2012 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
this doesn't surprise me, it's like the writers found gold when they wrote r1, then wrote r2 on crack.
Jan 4, 2012 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Brian333 said:

never logical.
sometimes entertaining.
and always frustrating.
THANK YOU, i swear some great scenes(aka the death scenes) saved it from being such a steaming pile of crap, well i mean it was, but it was a steaming pile of crap with a cherry on top because of those scenes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Dec 2010
And there are people that even care about Taniguchi? He's like Hollywood. Can't direct Code Geass worth shit. Someone that actually knows what they're doing and not just making it a fan catering festival of bullshittery like R2 was.

I'm not even going to watch it so my rage is pretty disproportionate. Though I'm sure they'll still manage to screw this up with shameless fanservice and more flanderization.
Jan 4, 2012 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
Lauriet said:

I'm not even going to watch it so my rage is pretty disproportionate. Though I'm sure they'll still manage to screw this up with shameless fanservice and more flanderization.
i dont recall fanservice being as bad as the first season's was, it was everything ELSE that they completly screwed up, i dont think there was a single credible thing about the show by the final episode, it killed itself worse than death note did, yah it got THAT bad

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 28, 2013 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
Flibbertigibbet said:
I just finished the first season of Code Geass a few minutes ago and I was wondering if watching this will ruin the whole experience???

Since if it's not as originally planned, I'm a bit worried that a lot of things from the first season will just be discarded.

Should I watch R2 despite this?

EDIT: I watched the first episode and now I am very frustrated :( Seems like a whole different world where everything that happened in the first season was worthless. I just wish it kept going the way it was going, now I'll never know the true ending to this series. I had gotten so caught up in this series, now I guess I'll have to give up on knowing what happens :(

I know you wrote this years ago, but please tell me you didn't drop the series after the first episode. Because it does tie into the first season. You'll see that if you continue it.
"Komugi, are you there?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.