MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Romance/Action Anime With Strong Male Lead
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Romance/Action Anime With Strong Male Lead

02-21-12, 3:34 PM

I prefer if the main character has some power or something and isn't wimpy. I would also like it to have romance where more than one girl likes the main male character (can be harem). It would be nice if it had action/fantasy in it. The more serious the better. Some comedy is fine but it has to also be serious. JEALOUSY in the romance would be great. I don't want it to be all drama.

Some Anime I Liked:

Highschool DxD
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana
Full Metal Panic!
Hidan no Aria
IS: Infinite Stratos
Rurouni Kenshin
Macross Frontier (not that into mecha but it's okay sometimes)
Chrome Shelled Regios
Asu no Yoichi!
Demon King
Mirai Nikki (Main character kinda pisses me off)
Ranma 1/2
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls

Shuffle!(too much drama....I'm only at episode 3 so I'm not sure if the anime is all drama)

Please check my animelist. Not that much more on there but there are some. Please don't recommend Naruto, school days, to love ru, and other popular ones.

Thanks

02-21-12, 6:20 PM

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!

02-21-12, 6:27 PM

Valkyrie Chronicles

02-21-12, 6:39 PM

mdz said:
Valkyrie Chronicles
play game instead

same goes for tales of the abyss which also fits your description op

baccano, multiple romances all of them awesome

durarara multiple romances....as in litterly eveyr single character has a love interest aside from simon and a couple other characters

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, goes from pussy to badass over time, as in like 10 episodes, watch this, show is so freaking uplifting

rahXephon, it requires you to actually use your head, if you dont understand whats going on then its your fault and you missed something

kekkaishi, yoshimori is awesome and tokine and him are such a cute couple, but the romance truly doesnt get good till after the anime

Martian Successor Nadesico, comedy but it has action and drama, this shows great and has a little of everything, romance is used for comedy at the stat though but its actually a very central plot point past ep 6 or so, also despite being a comedy it does do things like kill people off and get very serious but it does them very well

steins gate, very emotionally strong, doesnt have action but alot of life threatening situations

sword of the stranger, no romance but its only a movie and this movie is epic and you should watch it cause its fucking awesome, seriously just watch the opening scene, ITS SO GOOD

fight starts at 2:35
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

02-21-12, 8:17 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
mdz said:
Valkyrie Chronicles
play game instead

durarara multiple romances....as in litterly eveyr single character has a love interest aside from simon and a couple other characters

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, goes from pussy to badass over time, as in like 10 episodes, watch this, show is so freaking uplifting

rahXephon, it requires you to actually use your head, if you dont understand whats going on then its your fault and you missed something

kekkaishi, yoshimori is awesome and tokine and him are such a cute couple, but the romance truly doesnt get good till after the anime

Martian Successor Nadesico, comedy but it has action and drama, this shows great and has a little of everything, romance is used for comedy at the stat though but its actually a very central plot point past ep 6 or so, also despite being a comedy it does do things like kill people off and get very serious but it does them very well

steins gate, very emotionally strong, doesnt have action but alot of life threatening situations

sword of the stranger, no romance but its only a movie and this movie is epic and you should watch it cause its fucking awesome, seriously just watch the opening scene, ITS SO GOOD

Thanks so much!!!! Tales Of The Abyss fits perfectly in my requirements. Ill be starting that soon.
Can't believe I have never heard of it.

02-23-12, 6:38 PM

hell132 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
mdz said:
Valkyrie Chronicles
play game instead

Thanks so much!!!! Tales Of The Abyss fits perfectly in my requirements. Ill be starting that soon.
you better be starting the game, trust me, DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME FIRST, it will ruin the better plotline, and let me tell you some of the fights are way more epic when your actually playing them, its seriously one of my all time favorite games ever made, ide hate to see someone waste its quality over the anime

also tales of the abyss wont get good till the 25% mark, and you will hate the MC before then but afterwords hes one of the most likable characters ever made.....yah im talking about anywhere not just anime or games, hes that damn likable

i see you started it, i urge you STOP, its only in the 7.00 range for scores for a reason, dont ruin this masterpeice of a game
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

03-02-12, 2:10 PM

Utawarerumono-Warning the Ending is sad as f***.

Rosario+Vampire-The guy sorta has a Strong-Male Lead, it is a Harem, Ecchi and Supernatural.He does get very serious and awesome in the Manga about 20 or so Comic's in.

D.N. Angel-OMG!!! No where near as Good as Rosario+Vampire in My opinion but I think You may like, he has a different side to him that's a ladies-man, Chuck-Norris style fighter and Criminal.

The Familiar of Zero-No words to describe it, just too Epic.It Harem, Ecchi and Supernatural.Just...OMG...
Modified by HackingbareAnime, 03-02-12, 2:13 PM

03-02-12, 6:24 PM

seconding RahXephon great cast of characters, sweet love story great action
Adding Chrome Shelled Regios and Star Driver awesome main guys
maybe Kataganari to, but didn't seen all the way thru it just yet.

03-03-12, 6:11 AM

hell132 said:
I prefer if the main character has some power or something and isn't wimpy. I would also like it to have romance where more than one girl likes the main male character (can be harem). It would be nice if it had action/fantasy in it. The more serious the better. Some comedy is fine but it has to also be serious. JEALOUSY in the romance would be great. I don't want it to be all drama.

Katanagatari fits this description to a T.

03-03-12, 11:35 AM

I'm actually surprised that no one recommended to you Kaze no Stigma

Fits perfectly what you are looking for, it has a Love Triangle, serious and AWESOME KICK ASS main lead and the fights are just amazing....

It's Very depressive after episode 12~ If Im correct, last arc and the arc with main focus Ren with the girl is just so depressing...

You need to give this anime a TRY, I would give 9/10 for the anime...

03-03-12, 11:56 AM

I think strong male lead plus harem would be Hayate no Gotoku, The World Only God Knows, and, (perhaps) Toaru Majutsu no Index. :)

03-03-12, 7:36 PM

I may be a bit biased but I'm going to add in Toaru Majutsu no Index that abiranz above suggested, the male lead is strong considering the types of opponents he has to fight compared to his own powers.

I know you mentioned action/fantasy as a requirement, but if you want a strong romance-only male lead try Yosuga no Sora. WARNING
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.

03-04-12, 7:49 AM

Im into the same thing like you at the moment. I just recently finnished Dragon Crisis and Omamori Himari, wich I liked.

Dragon Crisis has romance, triangle, and action.
Omamori has romance, harem and action, but the male lead aint that strong :P

03-04-12, 9:57 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
hell132 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
mdz said:
Valkyrie Chronicles
play game instead

you better be starting the game, trust me, DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME FIRST, it will ruin the better plotline, and let me tell you some of the fights are way more epic when your actually playing them, its seriously one of my all time favorite games ever made, ide hate to see someone waste its quality over the anime

also tales of the abyss wont get good till the 25% mark, and you will hate the MC before then but afterwords hes one of the most likable characters ever made.....yah im talking about anywhere not just anime or games, hes that damn likable

i see you started it, i urge you STOP, its only in the 7.00 range for scores for a reason, dont ruin this masterpeice of a game

I actually dropped Tales of Abyss. It was really good until

Your right, I probably did just spoil the whole series like that but oh well.

03-04-12, 10:00 PM

FoxStailer said:

Fits perfectly what you are looking for, it has a Love Triangle, serious and AWESOME KICK ASS main lead and the fights are just amazing....

It's Very depressive after episode 12~ If Im correct, last arc and the arc with main focus Ren with the girl is just so depressing...

Thanks! Ill start watching this.

I'll check the other recommendations out too. Thanks for all the help! Didn't really like Dragon Crisis that much.

03-05-12, 2:16 AM

Kanon 06 has one of the strongest male leads...seriously the stuff he puts up with would drive a lesser man insane.

03-05-12, 8:37 AM

FoxStailer said:

Yeah .... this Kaze no Stigma anime is really a kick ass ! I still can't believe than can't find anyone in whole japan to finish the story. It is just such a good plot just to leave it like this . I know the original author died , but imagine how great it would be if actually someone goos picks it up from there .... eventually we all wanna see Ayano and Kazuma finally together ;))) but well... dream on dream on ... ;)

and for you ... I guess Ayahsi no Ceres may be ... It's a bit sad , but overall it's a great anime. I liked it , and I seem to like animes you like so ...I assume you will like it too . let me know :)

enjoy!

03-05-12, 11:43 AM

An asterisk "*" just indicates additional seasons, movies, ovas, etc.
.Anime Title - - .Year - .Eps - .My Rating - .Action - .Fantasy - .Main - .Romance - .When

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood * - 2009 - 64 - 10 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Early 20th Century
RahXephon - 2002 - 26 - 10 - Action - - Male - Romance - Future
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - 1999 - 4 - 10 - Action - - Male - Romance - Late 1800's
Sword of the Stranger - 2007 - 1 - 10 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Samurai
Wolf's Rain - 2003 - 26 - 9 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance -
Arc the Lad - 1999 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Contemorary
Ayashi no Ceres - 2000 - 24 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance RH - Contemporary
Durarara!! * - 2010 - 24 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Contemporary
Escaflowne - 1996 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Female - Romance - Medievalish
Guin Saga - 2009 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Martian Successor Nadesico * - 1996 - 26 - 8 - Action - - Female - Romance - Space
Ninja Scroll (movie) - 1993 - 1 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Samurai
Record of Lodoss War - 1996 - 13 - 8 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles - 2009 - 26 - 8 - Action - - Female - Romance - 1930's -1940's
Shin Chou Kyou Ryo: Condor Hero - 1, 2 & 3 - 2001 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Samurai
Spice and Wolf * - 2009 - 13 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Tsubasa Chronicle * (+ movies/ovas) - 2005 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Group - Romance RH - Late 1800's Early 1900's
Utawarerumono* - 2006 - 26 - 8 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Samuraiish
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 2000 - 1 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Late 1800's
Baccano! - 2007 - 13 - 7 - Action - - Group - - 1920's
Chrome Shelled Regios - 2009 - 24 - 7 - Action - - group - Romance - Future
D.N.Angel - 2003 - 26 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Late 1800's Early 1900's
El Hazard: The Wanderers * - 1995 - 26 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Contemporary
Elemental Gelade - 2005 - 26 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance - Space
Gin'iro no Kami no Agito - 2006 - 1 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance - Future
Nurarihyon no Mago * - 2010 - 24 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Contemporary
Pandora Hearts - 2009 - 25 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Late 1800's
Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight - 1998 - 27 - 7 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Steins;Gate - 2011 - 24 - 7 - Action - - group - - Contemporary
Tears to Tiara - 2009 - 26 - 7 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Angel Beats! - 2010 - 13 - 6 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Contemporary
Dance in the Vampire Bund - 2010 - 12 - 6 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance - Contemporary
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

03-13-12, 10:08 PM

lisnoire said:
An asterisk "*" just indicates additional seasons, movies, ovas, etc.
.Anime Title - - .Year - .Eps - .My Rating - .Action - .Fantasy - .Main - .Romance - .When

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood * - 2009 - 64 - 10 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Early 20th Century
RahXephon - 2002 - 26 - 10 - Action - - Male - Romance - Future
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - 1999 - 4 - 10 - Action - - Male - Romance - Late 1800's
Sword of the Stranger - 2007 - 1 - 10 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Samurai
Wolf's Rain - 2003 - 26 - 9 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance -
Arc the Lad - 1999 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Contemorary
Ayashi no Ceres - 2000 - 24 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance RH - Contemporary
Durarara!! * - 2010 - 24 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Contemporary
Escaflowne - 1996 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Female - Romance - Medievalish
Guin Saga - 2009 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Martian Successor Nadesico * - 1996 - 26 - 8 - Action - - Female - Romance - Space
Ninja Scroll (movie) - 1993 - 1 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Samurai
Record of Lodoss War - 1996 - 13 - 8 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles - 2009 - 26 - 8 - Action - - Female - Romance - 1930's -1940's
Shin Chou Kyou Ryo: Condor Hero - 1, 2 & 3 - 2001 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Samurai
Spice and Wolf * - 2009 - 13 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Tsubasa Chronicle * (+ movies/ovas) - 2005 - 26 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Group - Romance RH - Late 1800's Early 1900's
Utawarerumono* - 2006 - 26 - 8 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Samuraiish
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 2000 - 1 - 8 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Late 1800's
Baccano! - 2007 - 13 - 7 - Action - - Group - - 1920's
Chrome Shelled Regios - 2009 - 24 - 7 - Action - - group - Romance - Future
D.N.Angel - 2003 - 26 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Late 1800's Early 1900's
El Hazard: The Wanderers * - 1995 - 26 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Contemporary
Elemental Gelade - 2005 - 26 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance - Space
Gin'iro no Kami no Agito - 2006 - 1 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance - Future
Nurarihyon no Mago * - 2010 - 24 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - Romance - Contemporary
Pandora Hearts - 2009 - 25 - 7 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Late 1800's
Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight - 1998 - 27 - 7 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Steins;Gate - 2011 - 24 - 7 - Action - - group - - Contemporary
Tears to Tiara - 2009 - 26 - 7 - Action - Heroic Fantasy - Male - Romance - Medievalish
Angel Beats! - 2010 - 13 - 6 - Action - Fantasy - Male - - Contemporary
Dance in the Vampire Bund - 2010 - 12 - 6 - Action - Fantasy - Couple - Romance - Contemporary

That's a lot of anime! I'll check some of those out. Thanks!

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices