Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 11, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

How beautiful is the episode, manages to keep in touch with reality but not clip the wings in the dream and excite you. The plot does not deviate from normal but the unexpected with Arata makes the story enjoyable! Yay!
The same happens to the narrative that conveys well this distortion of the tournament by both Taichi Chihaya. Now I understand the strange behavior of Arata in relating Chihaya, how cute! ^ _ ^
Taichi learns from him! ASD
Drawings and environments more beautiful and with a pleasant air.
Chihaya always hilarious!
Anime series keeps getting better! * _ *
May 14, 2014 10:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wow another tournament Taichi loses. The loses and frustration are seriously hurting his confidence right now. However, Arata's return to karuta could spark motivation for Taichi to do better.

May 25, 2014 2:28 PM

Dec 2013
Life's hard on Taichi
Oct 15, 2014 9:03 AM
Nov 2013
keeetz said:
this anime is excruciating and heart wrenching for both Taichi x Chihaya and Arata x Chihaya fans

^ THIS
Nov 29, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
Lol, Arata looked so cute when he found out they're not dating. I hope we get more Arata screen time next episode. :3
Apr 5, 2015 4:29 PM
Oct 2014
I like Arita, I really do. But I like Chihaya X taichi so much more. Taichi is always there for Chihaya, it really pains me to see Chihaya completely neglect Taichi's feelings (for losing) and go straight to Arita just because he's playing.

I get that Arita got Chihaya to play and everything but there's very little reason IMO for them to be anything more than just "master-student" type of thing
Apr 6, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
I feel so bad for Taichi! She should've comforted him more!
Apr 22, 2015 3:01 AM

Nov 2014
My respect to Taichi increases every episode, it is so sad that he still can't admit his feelings towards Chihaya.
Also Arata sentence about expecting him to be in A level is really mean, although I know he doesn't mean it badly.
Sep 11, 2015 8:15 AM

Mar 2014
Brewing storm . Celebration at joyful soft water .
Fated rivalry . Lonely space .
At long last we meet . Thoughts of an ace . Worth of a trip .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
Of course that shit with Arata asking if Taichi can give Chihaya the note with his cell phone number on it just had to happen in the middle of a freaking tournament -_- I know that this is a love triangle anime and that Taichi is the cursed childhood friend but is it really that hard to give the guy a break once in a while? Yikes.
Nov 7, 2015 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
Chihaya is selfish as fuck argh.
Nov 7, 2015 10:49 PM
May 2015
Arata, why are you so cool, so sexy! He was relived to hear Taichi and Chihaya are not couple. He is too cute when he blush <3
Dec 19, 2015 8:15 PM
Jun 2013
My boy Arata came back (probably really rusty) and still made 4th place in the A class. BOSS!
Mar 6, 2016 4:58 PM

Sep 2015
I enjoyed this episode, it really feels like being back to the (somewhat superior) begin of the show.

That said, I'm a bit confused about the comments here.
Somehow most people seem to completely have missed what Chihaya said in the end?
"It seems to be a love story, but is actually about a lost childhood friend; It fits Arata perfectly."

So while everyone here is talking about "poor Taichi, poor Taichi" and calling it for Arata, Chihaya just basically indicated that she sees Arata as a friend and doesn't consider her feelings any way romantic.
(also I find it quite clear from Chihaya's personality that she simply doesn't think about romance at all. All she cares about is Karuta and friendship, so of course she admires Arata as he is both a great Karuta player and her friend.)

That aside, I simply enjoy watching the characters, the team, the karuta, ...
I hope the people getting so worked up about the romance still find some time to enjoy the rest of the show.
Aug 31, 2016 5:51 PM

Aug 2014
Taichi scene at the train station is amazing, he is the best character in the show i guess.
Oct 22, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
yes... Arata's Back..It's good to see him lose once in a while
Apr 2, 2017 9:49 AM
Apr 2016
You know that arata suffered too right? He was bullied when he moved to tokyo and the only one who talked to him was ayase, his beloved Grandpa who thought hil kurata was really sick and had multiple strokes even forgetting about arata and about kurata, then when he was supposed to stay home with his grandfather, he insist on him attending the tournement and play the sport he loves and when he is gone, doing the thing he loves his grandpa has another stroke this time dying. He blamed himself and kurata, and told himself that he would never play kurata again, for 18 months he didnt play, the one thing he loved and the one thing he had left from his grandfather. So to say Why is taichi Always the one who suffers is just idiotic
Apr 22, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
Arata is back!
I'm getting really tired of Taichi's jealousy.
Aug 27, 2017 4:40 AM

Nov 2016
Ah, the student who has trouble passing exams, my favorite sports anime trope ^^

Glad to see that Arata made his comeback, but poor Taichi, tho, he has it tough :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2017 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
Not surprised Chihaya is struggling with her studies.

Arata has returned!
Feb 3, 2019 7:42 PM
Apr 2016
Damn Arata is like some God in this xD Well, I don't mind, he's awesome!
Feb 10, 2019 8:01 PM

Jun 2015
i swear that chihaya seems as if she loves arata, but she probably just thinks of him as a karuta god
Feb 25, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2017
This was a nice one. So Arata is back in the game but he is still talking to Chihaya through Taichi. Poor guy... I was happy to see Taichi turning down Harada's offer and telling him he wants to become someone who does not run away when things get complicated. He is such a good guy. Well exams are around the corner now and after that we will be heading towards the qualifier! Can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 20, 2019 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
Arata finally appeared, but he must rebuild his old magnificent form. Cool. You can feel that his long break from karuta was not a joke and his skills really went down a bit, although not that much. It's realistic and is one of the reasons I tip my hat to this anime.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Dec 10, 2019 7:07 AM
Jan 2018
saengdao said:
i swear that chihaya seems as if she loves arata, but she probably just thinks of him as a karuta god

Yep she's an airhead afterall doubt love has even crossed her mind
Dec 10, 2019 7:10 AM
Jan 2018
Looks like Chihaya as noticed she has to be like water when playing I guess ??

Gave me Kong Fu Panda vibes from writing that
Dec 30, 2019 5:26 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, wonder if Taichi will take the offer?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 30, 2020 1:29 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode. I really respected Taichi's decision to not take the easy way out and get promoted to class A with the help of Dr. Harada.

Lol Arata thought they might've been dating.
Apr 26, 2020 10:46 AM
Feb 2016
I'm honestly wondering if Chihaya's selfishness will get ever addressed because I'm really getting tired of it. So much for cheering Taichi on whether he loses or not when she's literally drooling over Arata. I don't really care for the romance plot,but God she is a shitty friend. She didn't even bother watching the matches of her team mates after she lost against the Queen.

The highlight of this episode definitely were Taichi and Tsutomu. I loved his refusal of the pity promotion by the coach,but the way he keeps being fucked over by the mangaka I do think that he should have gone for the offer. Tsutomu has the patience of a saint to deal with Chihaya's bullshit.

The fact that she only got serious after he told her that Taichi isn't just playing around and actually has stakes on table says a lot about her as a character. Seems like she never grew up from that 12 year old who wanted to stay together with her friends.

I was looking forward for Arata to come back,but after the team got together and seeing them become so close over time he kinda became irrelevant to me as a character.

I know that they will push him on us(the viewers),but I hope that he won't be used as a device plot for Chihaya's unchecked ego,the batering of Taichi and the great chemistry and development of the team. I won't keep my hopes up especially with my knowledge of josei shows.
Jul 24, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2019
It was rude af how Chihaya just went and left Taichi alone to see Arata playing, talk about priorities
Jan 17, 2021 6:27 PM
Apr 2018
My man Taichi needs a break. Defeated again and with no sign of Chihaya shipping; when will he get some happiness... at least his school life is going well.

Lmao, Chihaya went all the way to cheer Taichi up but she left him as soon as she heard that Arata was playing. I felt Taichi falling even deeper into the abyss.
Jan 19, 2021 4:42 AM
Jul 2019
just stab me in my heart just kill taichi that guy got one hell of support from chihaya "oh taichi you lost in 3rd round anyways arata is here so imma go there just try be alive it's not like i care yk what just"
Feb 27, 2021 11:48 PM

Aug 2018
Arata is back
Very good episode
Mar 8, 2021 7:21 AM

Nov 2018
Mashiba is an S tier character.
Seriously , that much development in just 20 episodes. He is so realistic and relatable. Feeling inferior to Arata in both karuta talent and relationships with Chihaya , yet pushing forward , being so loyal to his friends and inspiring others. Just remember that he started as someone who bullied Arata just to have a respect of his classmates and stole Arata's glasses to win the tournament. Wow.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 9, 2021 3:28 AM

Feb 2014
SaiDrew said:
My man Taichi needs a break. Defeated again and with no sign of Chihaya shipping; when will he get some happiness... at least his school life is going well.

Lmao, Chihaya went all the way to cheer Taichi up but she left him as soon as she heard that Arata was playing. I felt Taichi falling even deeper into the abyss.

LOL yeah, I thought for once she was cheering for Taichi instead of chanting Arata's name all the time, but the moment she heard he was there, she instantly abandoned Taichi and ran to him. Hell, even her fixation with the "Queen" turned out to be another form of Arata worship. Turns out she kind of reminds her of him.

Arata thinking and accepting Chihaya and Taichi may have started dating was pretty surprising. So there might not even be much of a love triangle going on to begin with. He probably values their friendship above anything else.
Jul 13, 2021 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit Chihaya don't skip study sessions, well at least Desktomu the tutor taught her you first have to do the things you don't want to before doing the things you truly want to do. I'm glad Taichi didn't take the 'easy' route at the end of becoming a class A player.

Aug 9, 2021 7:27 PM

Jan 2021
Ugh!! I’m so mad at Chihaya for leaving Taichi all alone like that. ( I still love her though.)
But my man Taichi can’t catch a break.
Nov 22, 2021 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
FINALLY WE GET TO SEE ARATA IN ACTION
Nov 22, 2021 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
"You have to do things you don't want to do before doing things that you truly want to do"

This line said by desktomu chan is soo truee

PLUS, ARATA STARTED PLAYING. YESSSSSS.

BUT, PLEASE NO ARATA X CHIHAYA

I WANT TAICHI X CHIHAYA
Mar 28, 2022 4:24 PM

Feb 2021
rip Taichi why you gotta do him like that
May 31, 2022 4:40 PM

May 2022
I love this show so much, as far as love interests go, chihaya seams to only love karuta. I know it looks like she is in love with arata but I think she loves arata the karuta player. I don’t think at this point in her life she’s even considered romance. I could be very wrong but I’m going to keep watching. This has quickly become one of my favorite shows of all time.
Jun 19, 2022 2:22 PM

May 2018
Poor Taichi. He just gets the short end of the stick all the time. I guess he should learn to become more emotionally hardened after his meeting with Arata
Mar 25, 2023 8:43 AM

Jul 2016
Arata's going to be a demigod once he shakes that rust off. Our man's officially back.

Say what you will about Taichi but his resilience is undeniable. Chihaya barely noticing him and Class A always being seemingly out of reach is obviously taking their toll on him and yet the guy just won't give up.
Dec 9, 2023 2:26 AM

Oct 2022
It took 19 episodes to build up Chihaya, Taichi and Arata characters and when they finally met there's so much emotion I felt. It felt earned and that the author took it's time to come to this satisfying reunion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

215 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.