Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2012 3:10 AM
Feb 2012
hmm... i just finished playing this yesterday and i gotta say i almost cried on the Yuuko Amamiya and Yuu Himura chapter. This is a great VN and its probably gonna be one of my top 5 faves of all time. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone finished playing this VN coz I was really wondering who was the unnamed girl that Hiro bumped into when he went to Miyako's classroom. At first I thought that unnamed girl is involved in the story but apparently she isnt. Does anyone know who she is? im just really curious.
anyway, i really liked this VN and i give it a 9/10 score ;D
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

- Epicurus [341–270 B.C.]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 21, 2012 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
I finished the visual novel some months ago and I totally know what you're talking about. The story ending was just awesome. The other stories besides yuuko/yuu weren't that good though. Especially the first two chapters were a big pain in the ass. I fuckin hate miyako and kei. I personally also liked the chapter of chihiro but that's it. Anyway, I don't know which girl you mean and so you probably have to post a picture of her.

I gave it 8,3/10 btw.
Feb 21, 2012 3:48 AM
Feb 2012
i didnt like the miyako and kei arc but i dont dislike it too. and my favorite chapter was the yuuko amamiya chapter.
anyway, heres a pic:
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

Feb 21, 2012 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
She sure looks hot but sadly I can't remember her. She may has a role in the fan disc, dunno. Someone else has to help you.

Edit : Hasn't she actually the same eyes like miyako? Well to be honest I doubt that she's that girl but this is all I could find out. It could be also a joke from nnl, the guys who translated the game.
removed-userFeb 21, 2012 4:27 AM
Feb 21, 2012 4:57 AM
Feb 2012
now that you mention it... im a little depressed =_= i really wanted Tenshi no Nichiyoubi but couldnt find it anywhere. My friend has finished playing it and after hearing about the details from him i really want to play it... it seems there are
I know it doesnt really change the original plot as those are only dreams but im interested to see what would happen.
whitexshadowFeb 21, 2012 8:55 PM
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

Feb 21, 2012 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah the fan disc only contains if stories. Dunno if they are really great though. They sure sound like happy ending stories. And yeah, there isn't a translation project for this. Well like I said before, the unnamed girl may appear in that fan disc.
Feb 21, 2012 5:16 AM
Feb 2012
so nnl wont translate it? It'd be great if they did though...
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

Feb 21, 2012 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
They are currently working together with mangagamer on an official translation for ef fairy tale.
Feb 21, 2012 7:11 AM
Feb 2012
i see, thats great... i look forward to it :D
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

Feb 21, 2012 10:39 AM

Sep 2009
i almost cried
Damn, and I thought I am insensitive... I was crying like an idiot there.

Well, it's been a while since I read that, but it's still one of my favorite VNs. Story about Yuu and Yuuko was certainly the most awesome, but I liked other tales as well.

As for the girl sorry, no idea.

Oh, and post #5 is a bit of a spoiler-fest, how about some spoiler tags? :P
Feb 21, 2012 8:57 PM
Feb 2012
Pabloc said:

Oh, and post #5 is a bit of a spoiler-fest, how about some spoiler tags? :P

aand done. sry for the little spoiler there ;D
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

Feb 27, 2012 3:01 AM

Aug 2010
wow i played through the game and never saw taht girl? :O how horrible am i?
also i am the most seems to be insensitive :( i never cry but my heart does
Feb 27, 2012 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
wow i played through the game and never saw taht girl? :O how horrible am i?

You're a very horrible person tthammy. With this said, I can't remember her either. And hell I didn't cry while reading ef but I had for two days (after finishing it) a weird feeling in my stomach every time I remembered one of the emotional scenes.
Feb 27, 2012 8:53 AM

Jun 2009
I don't remember that girl either, i remember one other loli that was shown during Mizuki or Yuuko arc, in epilogue iirc that could have had a bigger role in the story but didn't, though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2012 10:03 PM

Jun 2009
Don't remember her either. Well, it's been a little while since I read The First Tale any way.

I've only read the Miyako and Kei chapter and I for one was really impressed. I thought both were really well written romances, and I thought Miyako in particular was great fun. I was also glad that it wasn't quite as overly dramatic as the anime was. Whereas I thought the anime was just "good", I'd rate the first two chapters of the VN an easy, easy 9. I really should get to reading the rest...
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2012 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
I actually didn't like the first two chapters, especially kei's was for me a big pain in the ass. Anyway, you definitely should read the rest of the visual novel coz yuuko's chapter rulez.
Feb 28, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
OneManArmy said:
I actually didn't like the first two chapters, especially kei's was for me a big pain in the ass. Anyway, you definitely should read the rest of the visual novel coz yuuko's chapter rulez.

Yeah, that was more or less a repy to your dislike for those first two chapters. I didn't see much of anything wrong with those chapters. I thought it explored it's themes in a thoughtful, mature way. But, well, it's not the first time we've disagreed.

I have to say I didn't like Yuuko's story all that much in the anime, but considering how different the VN has been compared to the anime so far, that may change here.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2012 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
I didn't like Yuuko's story all that much in the anime
Don't worry, there's no way to like that crap. Seriously, A Tale of Memories may be somewhat watchable, but A Tale Melodies? They weren't even trying... ಠ_ಠ
Mar 9, 2012 5:33 PM

Jan 2012
Which is better, the anime or VN?
I watched the anime but want to know if i should play the VN :3.
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Mar 10, 2012 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
fnland said:
Which is better, the anime or VN?
I watched the anime but want to know if i should play the VN :3.

Of course the visual novel. Seriously, how the hell can be an adaption better than the original work? There's no fuckin way. So yeah you should definitely play it since they also changed some points in the anime. For example, they totally destroyed the last chapter (yuu, yuuko) because of reasons I'll never understand. If you don't like miyako and kei (like me) then you'll be annoyed, probably, while playing the first two chapters of the game but it's worth it. The whole game is actually only about yuuko's route.
Mar 10, 2012 3:46 AM

Sep 2009
@fnland
What OMA said. :P

Oh, I see that you only watched A Tale of Memories. That's good, you avoided spoilers for Yuuko's route.
As for A Tale of Melodies - don't touch this crap even with a stick. Like I said above, 1st series may be watchable, but the 2nd one is A.W.F.U.L. I probably wouldn't like it, even if I didn't read the original before. There's so much wrong with it, that I don't even know where to begin (and that's a huge achievement, considering that this part of the VN is absolutely awesome). So don't even think about watching Melodies, go read the VN. It may be a bit boring at first, if you still remember Miyako's and Chihiro's stories from the anime, but Yuuko's story is definitely worth it.
PablocMar 10, 2012 3:50 AM
Mar 10, 2012 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Well I also watched melodies and I personally liked it more than the first season. Probably because of my hate towards miyako. Well I definitely have to agree on the second season being crap compared to the belonging Visual Novel part though.
Apr 11, 2012 8:24 AM

Mar 2011
I just finish the english version of the game. But where is the CG and sound gallery?
Apr 11, 2012 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
dolfo317 said:
I just finish the english version of the game. But where is the CG and sound gallery?

There isn't something like this. Why? Dunno, but I can understand them because the whole fuckin game was nothing but CGs and you would have like 8000 pictures in the gallery. As for the bgm, just download the OST.
removed-userFeb 5, 2013 6:02 AM
Apr 11, 2012 1:10 PM

Jun 2009
OneManArmy said:
dolfo317 said:

There isn't something like this. Why? Dunno but when it comes the the cg's, well I can understand them because the whole fuckin game was a damn cg and you would have like 8000 pictures in the gallery. As for the bgm, just download the OST.

I think I heard somewhere that NNL were the ones who took out the CG gallery and OST. Not sure if that's true or why they would do it. I've also heard that the official translation will have this stuff.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 12, 2012 3:42 AM
Mar 2010
Wish I downloaded this before the announcement!

Yes, NNL did take out the CG and OST gallery on purpose, though when I asked DS55 about it he said that it isn't really mine to worry about. After all they were working their butts off just to reverse-engineer/translate/repack ef.

Well I think they'd intend to include the CG and OST gallery though. Then minori came in.
Apr 12, 2012 7:27 AM

Mar 2011
insan3soldiern said:
OneManArmy said:
dolfo317 said:

There isn't something like this. Why? Dunno but when it comes the the cg's, well I can understand them because the whole fuckin game was a damn cg and you would have like 8000 pictures in the gallery. As for the bgm, just download the OST.

I think I heard somewhere that NNL were the ones who took out the CG gallery and OST. Not sure if that's true or why they would do it. I've also heard that the official translation will have this stuff.

IC thx for all the replys
Apr 24, 2012 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
I haven't seen the animated ending yet, since Ef bugs for every video on my laptop, but I consider it finished.

Overall, it's a good game, though I disliked some minor points. Yuuko's line was my favorite, while Miyako's was my least favorite character. Her constant jokes about "that" don't go well with me.
My favorite character:

Guess why, lol. Looks like Misuzu.
Actually, Mizuki is my favorite. Just got to like her character and expressions.

Yuuko's line was worth all the time I spent on the game. Was enough to make me emotional for a while, while all the other lines didn't even make me think about the people involved.
Might be called insensitive, but it's just how I felt about it. Chihiro's line is indeed sad, but she at least found someone worth protecting her, so imo, she's going to be ok.
Apr 25, 2012 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
Miyako's was my least favorite character

Same here, Kei was also fuckin annoying though. That's obviously also the reason why I didn't like the first two chapters at all. It was just a damn pain in the ass. Reading stories of characters you can't stand, not a good idea.

My favorite character:

Was way too be expected. Seriously, why is it so easy to read you babe?

Might be called insensitive, but it's just how I felt about it.

Nah don't worry, I didn't feel for them either. Shit happens, that's what I was thinking while reading their stories. Well the game was all about the yuuko/yuu route anyway.
Feb 3, 2013 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
Pardon the necro bump here but I have the lite version of ef - a fairy tale of the two and I am running into an issue during Chapter 2 after Kei, Kyosuke, Hiro & Miyako go take some kind of trip somewhere it then changes focus to Yuuko & Yuu they both start to talk and after a short time move on to something about Yuu that Yuuko forgot then the VN crashes to the desktop and I have no idea why and nothing I try will solve the issue as it crashes at the same spot each time.
Mar 15, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
ShaunV2 said:
Pardon the necro bump here but I have the lite version of ef - a fairy tale of the two and I am running into an issue during Chapter 2 after Kei, Kyosuke, Hiro & Miyako go take some kind of trip somewhere it then changes focus to Yuuko & Yuu they both start to talk and after a short time move on to something about Yuu that Yuuko forgot then the VN crashes to the desktop and I have no idea why and nothing I try will solve the issue as it crashes at the same spot each time.
Bump.
Mar 19, 2013 4:14 PM
Mar 2010
Ok I just finished the VN and Im kind of at a loss. The connections between routes was great and there were a few very emotional scenes but Im still confused a bit about Yuuko's end...

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» What VN are you currently playing? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MayuAsagiri - Dec 17, 2013

434 by removed-user »»
Apr 25, 2021 6:26 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.