MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (7) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Another Episode 7 Discussion


Feb 20, 2012 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2640
Someone is so drowning next episode XDDD

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 69
Cynderella said:
dio_brando86 said:
So who will bite it next? My bet is on twintails.


My bet is on Yuuya.


Agreed - even if I don't want it to happen..
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
Gory scene was gory.

The cold hands thing was just a rumor, but I find it strange that Izumi felt like she shook Kouichi's hand before. This totally brings up the "erased memory" theory.

I wonder if they will find the thing that man put at the shrine to stop the calamity, but I do wonder why he was going ballistic saying "I saved them!" Something seems wrong there, just something to take note.

DAMN. I was hoping Kouichi would kiss Mei because his face got so darn close to Mei's. hahah! Anyway, Mei's left eye is definitely something special. I hope they give more details to it next episode at the very least.

The thing about Mei's mom, the dolls, and the sister, I think are irrelevant BUT I could be wrong. (Seems like a ploy the writer used to side-track or scare us; i.e. Remember that scene when Mei had to visit "her other half" @ the morgue which was her sister? well that is to side-track/scare us/cause speculation.) I'm calling red herring on this one. There's alot of things that you have to nitpick and count as irrelevant or relevant. The female teacher who looks like she's going to flip seems relevant. And why was there that tiny bit of emphasis on her after the male teacher killed himself?

Anyway, just wondering why do some of you guys think Izumi or Yuya will die soon? What's your reasoning?

Beach episode next week. I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon that it's all a dream, but it certainly is plausible. Here's hoping next week's episode isn't overdone with fan service lol
Modified by NurseNitsuj, Feb 20, 2012 1:17 PM
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:46 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 84
I still think that 'half a year ago in Yomiyama' thing from last episode is relevant, and a bit creepy. The things twin tails (her name still escapes me) said too, totally foreshadowing by the looks of it. My bet's on her dying next too. Anyway, Sakakibara most likely is the dead one. That depresses me if i'm right. There's too many inconsistencies in everyones memory for him to not at least be dead and or part of the mystery. There was somebody with the same name too, right? Correct me if i'm wrong, but that other Sakakibara did die, right?

/theory
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 221
So Kouichi isn't the one who's dead...or at least that's what Mei says.
I wonder who is it. I still think the bird saying "Why?" is important.

Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
PaninaManina said:
About the nightmare... anyone think about Jeff Goldblum melting in The Fly?


I actually thought of the bathroom scene from Poltergeist.



Cynderella said:
dio_brando86 said:
So who will bite it next? My bet is on twintails.


My bet is on Yuuya.


That sounds right. I think Akazawa will die, but later.
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 741
PaninaManina said:
About the nightmare... anyone think about Jeff Goldblum melting in The Fly?


Oh, you mean this scene?



Well, looks like Sakakibara shouldn't have watched it before going to sleep no matter how much a sucker he is for this specific genre ;)
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 69
Another good episode, I wonder how many of them will die - well I think those in the ending exept Sakakibara and Mei will die

Also, I'm really wondering about the girl with the glasses in the ED who stands next to Izumi - did she ever had a greater appearance in Another - what's her name anyway?

And who the hell is the dead one - I really thought Sakakibara was the dead one...
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Mei and Sakakibara kun looks like the perfect couple
 
Feb 20, 2012 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 646
QUESTION!
In order to spot the curso, who will kill and who will be killed?

Kouchi killing Mei in the end?
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1738
I was expecting that their teacher would kill at least one of them, especially since the knife started flying. Still I was surprised when they starting talking to them. I was sure that they would be even more hostile.

Still, it was a good episode. I'll be looking forward to next week's fanservice.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 268
Hmm I hope Yukari, Yuuya and Izumi make it to the last episode :'] (with Kouichi and Mei ofc but I don't think they'll be dying soon)



Please click my adoptions here tnx! =D
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2562
It's not 100% sure that Kouichi or Mei is not the dead, I even wonder why he were so shocked by not being born at all.

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

 
Feb 20, 2012 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
PaninaManina said:
QUESTION!
In order to spot the curso, who will kill and who will be killed?

Kouchi killing Mei in the end?


This is something I cannot vouch for because I am on the Mei x Kouichi cruise ship.

I think maybe it will come down to Mei using her left eye to spot who's dead. Because of this episode, there's speculation that Mei is again the "dead one." But I think that's off the mark. If she looks into the mirror, she can see if she's dead or not....
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 451
Blackbird said:
It's not 100% sure that Kouichi or Mei is not the dead, I even wonder why he were so shocked by not being born at all.


I really doubt it's Mei, simply because we've been thrown so many implications that it could be her. It's all misdirection.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 741
I don't think we should prematurely jump into conclusions. While Misaki's glass eye may have certain supernatural powers I don't believe she can determine the dead alone with that. There must be more indications why she considers Sakakibara a living person.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
Lestrade said:
I don't think we should prematurely jump into conclusions. While Misaki's glass eye may have certain supernatural powers I don't believe she can determine the dead alone with that. There must be more indications why she considers Sakakibara a living person.


You're right. Last week, there were predictions that the teacher would kill a few students. Nope, he only killed himself.

Mei probably has some logic as to why Kouichi is not dead. The left eye scene is for mere speculation and predictions, so we can get thrown off just like the other climaxes, which this anime is amazing at doing.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 92
i love how they can start the ep by killing someone off in the moste fcked up way they could think of in 5 seconds ... :D


._. yeah that would be all .


 
Feb 20, 2012 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2562
Hmm.. Did someone else realize that blue hairy glasses guy just sit still frozen when the library guy ex-teacher told everyone to get away?
I'm suspect of him to be the dead.

Sometimes the dead is a person that isn't haven't so much screentime but dunno .

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

 
Feb 20, 2012 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2070
PaninaManina said:
akutasame94 said:

To explain why I thought dead Misaki was her twin... Because of those twin dolls she talked about around first 2 or 3 episodes...

Also if her sister didn't get a chance to live why is the doll inspired by her? How did mother know that dead sister was going to look so much like Mei? I really don't understand some stuff....


Not sure... Mei (and Kouchi and everybody else in classe 3) have around 15 years.
Mei's sister dead 12 years ago.
Don't make sense the two be twins.



Exactly... But how did her mother know what would she look like? How can it be based on her? Someone is lying, or there is some explanation... I'll just wait and see :D

EDIT:

And how did she visit her in the morgue... I believe that she would be buried by now..

jaysorbet

That feeling that she already shook his hand is easily explainable... Because of that phone call from previous episode we know that Kouichi was in Yomiyama before...

EDIT 2:

I think the next one to die will be Yuuya and his sister...
Modified by akutasame94, Feb 20, 2012 1:40 PM
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
Blackbird said:
Hmm.. Did someone else realize that blue hairy glasses guy just sit still frozen when the library guy ex-teacher told everyone to get away?
I'm suspect of him to be the dead.

Sometimes the dead is a person that isn't haven't so much screentime but dunno .


Certainly plausible, but it wouldn't produce a mind boggling effect. If they were to use a character that had some screentime but as the audience, we just didn't think it would be him/her - then it would create a "mind blown-in-your-face" situation.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
Blackbird said:
Hmm.. Did someone else realize that blue hairy glasses guy just sit still frozen when the library guy ex-teacher told everyone to get away?
I'm suspect of him to be the dead.

Sometimes the dead is a person that isn't haven't so much screentime but dunno .


Hm...I definitely feel like Kazami deserves more screentime, but I don't follow your logic that he's the Other. We'll have to see.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1297
so this kills my idea that Kouichi was the dead one, now i think that it is eather Mei or that sort of red haired girl, the one who is some thing like the representative. beach episode next, i am not looking forward to it, why is there always a beach episode!?
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2070
jaysorbet said:
Lestrade said:
I don't think we should prematurely jump into conclusions. While Misaki's glass eye may have certain supernatural powers I don't believe she can determine the dead alone with that. There must be more indications why she considers Sakakibara a living person.


You're right. Last week, there were predictions that the teacher would kill a few students. Nope, he only killed himself.

Mei probably has some logic as to why Kouichi is not dead. The left eye scene is for mere speculation and predictions, so we can get thrown off just like the other climaxes, which this anime is amazing at doing.


Seconding this...

I also don't think Kazami is the dead one...
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 637
Mei says Kouichi isn't the dead one....but that dream.....really made me wonder.Teacher's suicide freaked me out completely. Guess more questions arise again xD This series will probably be my fave this season.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 976
wow this was like so awsomly bloody and awsome :D ,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg its so suspensfull!i cant wait for next week!
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
mel-hime said:
Mei says Kouichi isn't the dead one....but that dream.....really made me wonder.


The dream's a red herring. There is a very good chance that Kouichi's not the dead one.
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 646
akutasame94 said:

Exactly... But how did her mother know what would she look like? How can it be based on her? Someone is lying, or there is some explanation... I'll just wait and see :D


Dead daughter came from the same womb and testicle that Mei came.
It's just natural that she might looks like Mei, and Mai naturally served as a model for how she might look.

I think this story about "my other half" is just sister's jealousy and "dead sister complex".
When Mei fall ill and have her eye removed and replaced by the prosthetic eye she had 4 years. In that time her sister was already dead, around 1 year before. Kirika was probably still suffering.
I don't know when Kirika began to build that doll, but is not possible that she gave that eye to Mei as a memento?
And, if she also was victim of the curse? And if this dead sister could be the extra?
Just thinking...

Edit: forgot to write one line..
Modified by PaninaManina, Feb 20, 2012 1:56 PM
 
Feb 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2070
PaninaManina said:
akutasame94 said:

Exactly... But how did her mother know what would she look like? How can it be based on her? Someone is lying, or there is some explanation... I'll just wait and see :D


Dead daughter came from the same womb and testicle that Mei came.
It's just natural that she might looks like Mei, and Mai naturally served as a model for how she might look.

I think this story about "my other half" is just sister's jealousy and "dead sister complex".
When Mei fall ill e have her she had 4 years. In that time her sister was already dead, around 1 year before. Kirika was probably still suffering.
I don't know when Kirika began to build that doll, but is not possible that she gave that eye to Mei as a memento?
And, if she also was victim of the curse? And if this dead sister could be the extra?
Just thinking...


I missed this.... Damn, must resist asking google for help.... I resisted.... We'll see... Nice theory anyway...

@Hakuromatsu

When I saw the dream I knew for sure that he is not dead... This is classic moment in every horror movie and series...
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1268
i just watched the episode, dam the beginning was gruesome, i thought he was gonna kill a student but instead he killed himself in a horrible manner

i think kouichi and izumi were childhood friends of some sort because it seems like they know each other long before

im glad kouichi isn't the dead one but there are implications that he is, like his nightmare, i think misaki's left eye can see and sense the dead which is why she knows kouichi isn't dead but it cant be that simple because that would mean she would have already discovered who the dead one is by looking at all the students and drawn them out

5/5 for this episode, this anime is much better than i thought it would be
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2678
That red hair is delicious. Am I the only one looking forward to the next obligatory episode?
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1268
oh yea i forgot to mention that the preview of next weeks beach episode was just too funny, everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves like any other typical beach episode but we know it aint gonna be just comedy and fan-service, someone is GONNA DIE and in a gruesome way, probably drowning, falling of a cliff, getting eaten by sharks, being buried alive in sand, i cant believe it but im actually looking forward to see who gets killed and how they die <_<
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2070
kamikaze_1996 said:
i just watched the episode, dam the beginning was gruesome, i thought he was gonna kill a student but instead he killed himself in a horrible manner

i think kouichi and izumi were childhood friends of some sort because it seems like they know each other long before

im glad kouichi isn't the dead one but there are implications that he is, like his nightmare, i think misaki's left eye can see and sense the dead which is why she knows kouichi isn't dead but it cant be that simple because that would mean she would have already discovered who the dead one is by looking at all the students and drawn them out

5/5 for this episode, this anime is much better than i thought it would be


That dream is the strongest proof so far that he is not dead... If you watched some horrors and mystery movies with these scenes of dream you should know that the dreamer is never the evil thing or whatever is theme of the show....


EDIT:

Preview was not that funny...

Remember the last scene of it? Mei building something and then some other hands show up? Who might it be?
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 659
When the teacher killed himself.. was anyone else reminded of Hinamizawa Syndrome? >.> ..

Also, if you want it uncensored, just download the torrent off of nyaa.eu (it's MKV format) it has over 900 seeders so it's pretty healthy.

This episode was just.. oh my god. I got so many chills. I would've gotten more but GIF's of the dream sequence were spoiled on tumblr. :c
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3588
SilentMelodies said:
Also, if you want it uncensored, just download the torrent off of nyaa.eu (it's MKV format) it has over 900 seeders so it's pretty healthy.


So it was only censored on CR not on TV? I find that weird. -_-'

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2070
Sir_Lexa said:
SilentMelodies said:
Also, if you want it uncensored, just download the torrent off of nyaa.eu (it's MKV format) it has over 900 seeders so it's pretty healthy.


So it was only censored on CR not on TV? I find that weird. -_-'


IT wasn't censored that much, just a little darkened.... So I saw pretty much everything...
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1268
akutasame94 said:



EDIT:

Preview was not that funny...

Remember the last scene of it? Mei building something and then some other hands show up? Who might it be?


lol to me it was, it was just funny seeing them all enjoy themselves like a typical beach episode preview but we all know it aint going to last, that and the unfitting music was just funny to me

it is probably kouichi or someone else helping to make a sand castle or something, they dont need to ignore misaki anymore right? i didn't read too much into that last part, it just looked like they were building something, unless they were burying something
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2070
kamikaze_1996 said:
akutasame94 said:



EDIT:

Preview was not that funny...

Remember the last scene of it? Mei building something and then some other hands show up? Who might it be?


lol to me it was, it was just funny seeing them all enjoy themselves like a typical beach episode preview but we all know it aint going to last, that and the unfitting music was just funny to me

it is probably kouichi or someone else helping to make a sand castle or something, they dont need to ignore misaki anymore right? i didn't read too much into that last part, it just looked like they were building something, unless they were burying something



Yes, but why did they show it like that.... All happy and then sudden change of mood with that last scene...
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 520
THAT TEACHER IS A FRICKIN LOON AND FREAK!!

Think I may might want to drop this!!~

That red-head is still bugging me..DEATH TIME!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 147
Kouichi's dream was scary. I was really wondering whether he might be the dead one for a moment.

The coffee scene was funny as hell to me. I could really feel the vibe of Kouichi x Akazawa. Now that's a weird pairing. But I won't be too surprised if it turns out she has a secret crush on him.

Great episode overall.
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 257
Teacher's suicide was really funny. The dream sequence was pretty neat.
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 646
The next beach episode will be essential.
If that beach is out of town where the curse don't reach then... Reiko is there. If the extra is she, Mei, Kouchi or who else could be, it's not a problem?
The extra can go out of town? It carries the curse with and around him? That temple is still in Yomiyama then I think it's ok, but Yomiyama don't have beachs.

Please don't brake my theories.
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 433
pretty good ep. kept me on my toes and revealed a bit as well as cleared some things up. ending was well done. 4/5
 
Feb 20, 2012 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 526
it was 5:47 PM eastern time when I decided to stop working and take a break for a little bit. with an empty stomach, now was a good time to replenish my strength and get in touch with one of my hobbies. "Another - 07 has just finished downloading," and with that, I decided to eat up and watch this at the same time.

the time is now 5:51 PM EST and I have this video paused at 2:48 just so I can write this. my response?


 
Feb 20, 2012 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 144
so, LOVED the teacher's gruesome death. blood splatter, hecks yeah! high five!
no one? anybody? ah well...

that dream sequence was rather interesting! the "peeling of the face" thing reminded
me heavily of poltergeist. xD interesting to see something like that animated.
very creepy.

it bothered me greatly when kouchi and izumi were alone together. why? because he
should be alone with MEI. darn me and my horrible shipping... izumi is cute though. c:

and kouchi should have definitely kissed mei when she was that close. heck, he
should be kissing her ALL the time. DON'T LEAVE MEI!

pretty great episode, i'm ready for death, fun fanservice, as well as story progression in the next ep.
if it falls short on one category i hope it is the .. fanservice one. unless it's kouchi
and mei fanservice. then i can live without a little death.

5/5!
 
Feb 20, 2012 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 659
Sir_Lexa said:
SilentMelodies said:
Also, if you want it uncensored, just download the torrent off of nyaa.eu (it's MKV format) it has over 900 seeders so it's pretty healthy.


So it was only censored on CR not on TV? I find that weird. -_-'


Well, was any of this censored? There's some scenes in the one that I'm watching that are just black, but I saw a GIF on Tumblr where one of the scenes had like a black spot on it so.

Dont touch me I'm in despair.
 
Feb 20, 2012 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 222
Could it be that the reason curse stopped half-way 15 years ago was because one of the students that died during school trip was already dead? That explains it pretty well, the fact that two people died on same day instead of one kid every month and the fact that they never figured out who was extra that year.

How come nobody in anime even thought of that?
 
Feb 20, 2012 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 213
akutasame94 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
^^^ I'm not sure if you're allowed to put up links to streaming sites...


I hope mods will tolerate it just this once so people who can't watch it on crunchyroll can do it here. They will remember the name of the site for the next time... ^^

Anyway I completed the episode...

I am pretty sure that Kouichi is not the dead one now. Also Mei said it like she knows it for sure... I wonder why... Might have to do something with here eye as we got pretty good zoom on it and that scene was pretty much focused on her eye.... I had a theory that Misaki who was dead in the first episode (until now known as Mei's cousin) was her twin sister and I hoped that she died in April... Looks like I was wrong, but somehow I also get a feeling that Mei is lying a little about her. So I'll wait a little longer... Also we didn't get much info this time...

So far I was right about two things:

Kuoichi is not the dead one
Class finally stopped ignoring them like I thought they would since preview of the episode 7 showed us that ignoring them doesn't do anything good...

What I don't understand is preview for episode 8... Are we going to get a filler episode..? Mei never invited Kouichi to go with her to the beach, and not to talk about the others. Maybe others went there to be with Mei after Kouihci told them, so they keep company to Mei after ignoring her all this time....

Who knows... I only know that I can't wait for the next episode...

5/5


I have a feeling the beach scenes might be related to the "field trip" they were talking about going on.
 
Feb 20, 2012 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
kFYatek said:
The coffee scene was funny as hell to me. I could really feel the vibe of Kouichi x Akazawa. Now that's a weird pairing. But I won't be too surprised if it turns out she has a secret crush on him.


Well it's very clear that Kouichi and Akazawa have met before, maybe one-and-half years ago, when Kouichi's dad claimed that he had visited the town.
 
Feb 20, 2012 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
I loved how all the gore in this episode did not feel misplaced or exploitative. On the contrary, it just fits so well that dreadful vibe that without it the episode would not be the same.

I also liked how Kouichi's father starts to tell how he loves him and the kid desperatly tries to run away and hang up the phone. XD Even though he is going through all that tension of thinking "am I the dead one or not?" XD Also isn't it cool how people were already especulating "I think Sakakibara is the Another" and this epi wanted so much to rule that out?

That say beach episode nooooeeeeeess XD
 
Top
Pages (7) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »