Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2012 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, so that dream sequence, and that ending -- I certainly want to hear Misaki's logic for Sakakibara not being the dead one. And now we have another significant dead relative in Misaki's sister; I can't sort through which details are relevant and which are irrelevant.

Even Another has to have a beach episode... >_<
But it's good to see Misaki wearing a modest one-piece.
Feb 20, 2012 10:46 AM

Dec 2009
Oh my God the teacher suicide scene was gruesome. That was like Elfen Lied brutal xD

It's just getting more interesting, just to end with a beach episode next week. Let's just hope that we get some information and not only unnecessary fan-service.

5/5 for this weeks episode of course :)
Feb 20, 2012 10:46 AM

Dec 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, so that dream sequence, and that ending -- I certainly want to hear Misaki's logic for Sakakibara not being the dead one. And now we have another significant dead relative in Misaki's sister; I can't sort through which details are relevant and which are irrelevant.

Even Another has to have a beach episode... >_<
But it's good to see Misaki wearing a modest one-piece.

I haven't seen it, but looks like my theory was right... That dead Misaki in the hospital was Mei's twin? Am I right?

Sorry for double post, forgot about edit option...
Feb 20, 2012 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Another probably isn't a mediocre series, it's just a very subtle but intelligent parody on the horror genre. Those melodramatic OSTs only serve to accentuate how "bad" it is at actually instilling fear, making it "good". The dramatized deaths serve to over-exaggerate the wonders of the human body.

Yeah, five more episodes.
mdzFeb 20, 2012 4:06 PM
Feb 20, 2012 10:52 AM

Feb 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
It's just getting more interesting, just to end with a beach episode next week. Let's just hope that we get some information and not only unnecessary fan-service.

I love how unfitting the "Next Episode" theme was, being played over that high school beach montage. I think the episode will be fine, and someone will probably die. Shark attack? Riptide?
Feb 20, 2012 10:57 AM

Dec 2011
Ah it's censored....

Who cares :D

Quality is amazing... Crazy teacher...

Again I was right...

Everybody acknowledged that they exist...
Feb 20, 2012 11:01 AM

Dec 2009
^^^ I'm not sure if you're allowed to put up links to streaming sites...
Feb 20, 2012 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Hmmm

DON'T READ BELOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE.

Anyway, a good ep.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 20, 2012 11:21 AM

Feb 2011
Animeseason? =x

lol @ the out of place preview. Will be quite silly if it's just a fan service filler but like someone said already, hopefully there'll be at least a little progression. Sooo... Misaki is once again a suspect? @_@
Feb 20, 2012 11:25 AM

Jan 2010
Oooh the teacher went crazy.

The music in preview was totally unfitting XD
Feb 20, 2012 11:27 AM

Dec 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
^^^ I'm not sure if you're allowed to put up links to streaming sites...

I hope mods will tolerate it just this once so people who can't watch it on crunchyroll can do it here. They will remember the name of the site for the next time... ^^

Anyway I completed the episode...

I am pretty sure that Kouichi is not the dead one now. Also Mei said it like she knows it for sure... I wonder why... Might have to do something with here eye as we got pretty good zoom on it and that scene was pretty much focused on her eye.... I had a theory that Misaki who was dead in the first episode (until now known as Mei's cousin) was her twin sister and I hoped that she died in April... Looks like I was wrong, but somehow I also get a feeling that Mei is lying a little about her. So I'll wait a little longer... Also we didn't get much info this time...

So far I was right about two things:

Kuoichi is not the dead one
Class finally stopped ignoring them like I thought they would since preview of the episode 7 showed us that ignoring them doesn't do anything good...

What I don't understand is preview for episode 8... Are we going to get a filler episode..? Mei never invited Kouichi to go with her to the beach, and not to talk about the others. Maybe others went there to be with Mei after Kouihci told them, so they keep company to Mei after ignoring her all this time....

Who knows... I only know that I can't wait for the next episode...

5/5
Feb 20, 2012 11:29 AM

Apr 2008
If Mei could use her green eye to figure out if Kouichi isn't the "Another", why doesn't she just use it on the rest of 3-3 to prevent any more deaths? She should have used it before she's going to her parents' house.

This episode made me rage a bit, suddenly everyone's talking to Kouichi and Mei like they've been best friends or something. It annoyed me quite a it.

More katawa shoujo's Rin (i know his name is yuuya but i call him Rin for obvious reasons), that really annoying guy and the red head girl suddenly asking for help to solve the mystery.

Damn, teacher's death was really bloody..i kinda LOLed when he started making weird noises it felt so out of place.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Feb 20, 2012 11:32 AM
Apr 2010
They overdone gore a bit on that teacher's suicide... Anyway, I hoped he'd at least try to kill some students or something...
A very unsatisfying ending and preview. Oh, characters chilling on the beach, so fun...
Feb 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Dec 2011
webkid94 said:
If Mei could use her green eye to figure out if Kouichi isn't the "Another", why doesn't she just use it on the rest of 3-3 to prevent any more deaths? She should have used it before she's going to her parents' house.

This episode made me rage a bit, suddenly everyone's talking to Kouichi and Mei like they've been best friends or something. It annoyed me quite a it.

More katawa shoujo's Rin (i know his name is yuuya but i call him Rin for obvious reasons), that really annoying guy and the red head girl suddenly asking for help to solve the mystery.

Damn, teacher's death was really bloody..i kinda LOLed when he started making weird noises it felt so out of place.

Yes that's what bugs me as well...

Why doesn't she use her eye more often if she could see who the dead one is... Maybe because other ignored her...

Also everybody talking to them like nothing happened, and they just witnessed teachers death... WTF? I can understand them talking to Kouchi, but Mei? Although they might have been friends with her before, that's history we know nothing about...

EDIt:

To explain why I thought dead Misaki was her twin... Because of those twin dolls she talked about around first 2 or 3 episodes...

Also if her sister didn't get a chance to live why is the doll inspired by her? How did mother know that dead sister was going to look so much like Mei? I really don't understand some stuff....
Feb 20, 2012 11:37 AM

Feb 2012
webkid94 said:

Yeah, I loved the "us against the world," "two of a kind" dynamic of EP6; it really deepened Misaki and Kouichi's relationship. It's a shame they abandoned it so quickly. I've got a feeling that EP6 is going to be one of my favorite in the series when this is over.
Feb 20, 2012 11:39 AM
Sep 2011
Well, I guess the teacher's death was depicted quite realistic as it was not instant death even with a knive through his throat... Not that I could disprove it with real life experience... On another note, the other teacher looks quite unstable as well, makes me wonder how longer it will take until she loses her composere, too.

This episodes addressed several theories many viewers compiled for example the one with Sakakubara being the extra student. It's still possible but everything mentioned in this episode suggests otherwise. I'm glad that the theory of the extra having cold hands is just a rumor as stated by Akazawa. It would have been to easy just like she said.

I still wonder how significant Misaki's issues with her mother and her dolls are to the curse of if they are simply a red herring. At least it will probably provide more conlict material with her being so attached to her stillborn daughter and negligence towards her other daughter.

I also really liked the dream sequence. Disregarding the obvious creepiness it was pure eyecandy with its heavy accentuation on red colours.

Seems like many students left the small town even if it's only for a short period in order to avoid the curse as most of them are probably like Sakuragi and can't afford to move away because they don't have the money.

Oh, and look, next episode they go to a beach with black sand! How fitting!
EudaimoniaFeb 20, 2012 12:41 PM
Feb 20, 2012 11:40 AM

Dec 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
webkid94 said:

Yeah, I loved the "us against the world," "two of a kind" dynamic of EP6; it really deepened Misaki and Kouichi's relationship. It's a shame they abandoned it so quickly. I've got a feeling that EP6 is going to be one of my favorite in the series when this is over.

Well they had to do it... It's only 12 episodes long....

Also I head Another is getting live action movie... I really wanna see these deaths in 3D :D
Feb 20, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit. :I
Feb 20, 2012 11:44 AM

Sep 2010
Interesting death, though I don't really understand how the class could stay so calm and just stare shocked while he was killing himself, then started screaming AFTER he fell down.. I would scream as soon as I would see that knife, lol. That poor, short-haired girl, she seems to be really traumatized the most.. Although she seems fine in the preview for episode 8. >_>
Also, the preview confirmed Reiko is indeed the teacher. Why else would she come along to the class trip?
Sakakibara's dream was so gory.. Yuck.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Feb 20, 2012 11:47 AM

Dec 2011
RomanaDesu said:
Interesting death, though I don't really understand how the class could stay so calm and just stare shocked while he was killing himself, then started screaming AFTER he fell down.. I would scream as soon as I would see that knife, lol. That poor, short-haired girl, she seems to be really traumatized the most.. Although she seems fine in the preview for episode 8. >_>
Also, the preview confirmed Reiko is indeed the teacher. Why else would she come along to the class trip?
Sakakibara's dream was so gory.. Yuck.

Who said it was a class trip?

I think you too would be be calm because of initial shock... Then when you brain finally comprehends what happened you start screaming... Simple science...
Feb 20, 2012 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
akutasame94 said:

What I don't understand is preview for episode 8... Are we going to get a filler episode..? Mei never invited Kouichi to go with her to the beach, and not to talk about the others. Maybe others went there to be with Mei after Kouihci told them, so they keep company to Mei after ignoring her all this time....

Forgot about the classtrip.. ? xD

"I can't sort through which details are relevant and which are irrelevant." my thoughts too. There happen sooo many things that I don't know what's gonna happen x-x

Didn't like this episode that much, nothing really happened this week, expect from the teacher's sick death (we saw that one coming but I didn't expect it to be that sick :'])
&& so there is this new dude who was in Kouichi's aunt's class and stopped the whole thing..
Feb 20, 2012 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
Bren said:
akutasame94 said:

Forgot about the classtrip.. ? xD

"I can't sort through which details are relevant and which are irrelevant." my thoughts too. There happen sooo many things that I don't know what's gonna happen x-x

Didn't like this episode that much, nothing really happened this week, expect from the teacher's sick death (we saw that one coming but I didn't expect it to be that sick :'])
&& so there is this new dude who was in Kouichi's aunt's class and stopped the whole thing..

But Mei goes to beach before class trip.... And class trip is to that temple.... not beach.... rewatch episode...

EDIT:

She even says "I'll be back in time for class trip"
akutasame94Feb 20, 2012 11:55 AM
Feb 20, 2012 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty dense.. That death at the beginning was hard to get through for me. Really gory and just plain morbid. But isn't this whole show morbid? xD
^ one thing different though. This guy had previous problems before he died. It wasn't random. Wonder if that means anything..

Well, my theory that Sakakibara was going to have anxiety over being the dead one was right, although it was more short-lived that I thought.

It's really interesting; I just don't know what to think right now. Of course something's going to happen on the class trip, and it should be the climax of the show. But I can't find any ideas about what. I really want to see them talk to that drunk guy though.

Next episode: THE BEACH. In a morbid horror anime. O_o

Lawlz.
5/5
Feb 20, 2012 11:57 AM

Feb 2008
Another Chapters 12 doesn't seem to be released maybe raws but still dunno.

To little information of who are going to be dead so far.

Anyway this episode seem to better in the last one

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 20, 2012 11:57 AM

Feb 2012
akutasame94 said:
Also I head Another is getting live action movie... I really wanna see these deaths in 3D :D

With Hashimoto Ai as Misaki. It's going to be awesome.
Feb 20, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Pretty dense.. That death at the beginning was hard to get through for me. Really gory and just plain morbid. But isn't this whole show morbid? xD
^ one thing different though. This guy had previous problems before he died. It wasn't random. Wonder if that means anything..

Well, my theory that Sakakibara was going to have anxiety over being the dead one was right, although it was more short-lived that I thought.

It's really interesting; I just don't know what to think right now. Of course something's going to happen on the class trip, and it should be the climax of the show. But I can't find any ideas about what. I really want to see them talk to that drunk guy though.

Next episode: THE BEACH. In a morbid horror anime. O_o

Lawlz.
5/5

I think they might find out who the dead one is in the class trip, and then we will get two or three episodes on how they deal with it... Although there are few more episodes and I think class trip will be in episode 9 so there is no point in revealing anything there, because 3 episodes are too much for solution...

Ah yes... I forgot about Skakaibaras dream... Weird indeed...
Feb 20, 2012 11:59 AM

Dec 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
akutasame94 said:

With Hashimoto Ai as Misaki. It's going to be awesome.

Really? Hashimoto? Good choice... Now I can't wait.........
Feb 20, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2009
akutasame94 said:

But Mei goes to beach before class trip.... And class trip is to that temple.... not beach.... rewatch episode...

You never know if there's a beach near the mountain! xD
Or Mei "invites" everyone to come with her in the beginning of the next ep..
Feb 20, 2012 12:01 PM

Sep 2010
akutasame94 said:

I think you too would be be calm because of initial shock... Then when you brain finally comprehends what happened you start screaming... Simple science...

akutasame94 said:

EDIT:

Well, since they show a lot of characters from the class I think that's pretty.. obvious. Mei doesn't seem like the type of girl that would just take people along. Especially not after being ignored for.. two, three months.

I know they're going to the Yomiyama shrine for their trip, but I don't think they're going to spend three days there. And who knows what the place they're going to looks like? There might a beach very close, where they can play to.. blugh, create some happy memories after going through so much?

...Or else it's just 'another' dream.

And about being in shock.. hmm, well yes that might be so, but I can't imagine it. People have waved around with a knife in front of me a few times before (not even in a threatening way, just all of a sudden, so surprising) and I screamed like crazy. XD
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Feb 20, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
The teacher dead was obviously abnormal, he even resisted a bit but couldn't do it anymore, it's like he were control by a ghost or something.

I think everyone was shock when he pick up the knife in the first place, you would think why did the teacher pick up a knife in his bag.
Everyone is frightened, the whole class are.
When this continue they know increasing one more non-existens won't work this time.

Well, Mei is such a mystery person, in the previous episode she said something like in my other eye is something that I don't want to see.
We won't know the truth until the end.

I forgot to say that Izumi looks great in that one piece dress.

A live Action Drama tv series?

I definely will be watching that, haven't taking a break from watching J-Drama.
I know they probably will be good one right now.
BlackbirdFeb 20, 2012 1:02 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 20, 2012 12:08 PM

Dec 2011
RomanaDesu said:
akutasame94 said:

akutasame94 said:

EDIT:

Well, since they show a lot of characters from the class I think that's pretty.. obvious. Mei doesn't seem like the type of girl that would just take people along. Especially not after being ignored for.. two, three months.

I know they're going to the Yomiyama shrine for their trip, but I don't think they're going to spend three days there. And who knows what the place they're going to looks like? There might a beach very close, where they can play to.. blugh, create some happy memories after going through so much?

...Or else it's just 'another' dream.

And about being in shock.. hmm, well yes that might be so, but I can't imagine it. People have waved around with a knife in front of me a few times before (not even in a threatening way, just all of a sudden, so surprising) and I screamed like crazy. XD

Considering Class trip....

Did you read what Mei said? "I'll be back in time for class trip", so beach is not class trip... It's just not logical...

As for the knife... I've been threatened with knife 3 times so far... First time I froze... Other two times I already knew how to defend (Aikido is really great), although I was scared :D

You are genius....

It's most likely another dream... Kouichi's most likely....
Feb 20, 2012 12:11 PM

Oct 2011
I love this show so much yet it's sooo confusing.
This episode was great, the sound & atmosphere. <3

Mei knowing that Sakakibara is not dead has definitely to do with her covered eye.
I also think the thing that the bar guy left somewhere, is in the shrine.
Can't wait for the next ep as usual!
Feb 20, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode,crazy suicide is crazy.

The teacher suicide was soooooooo good,i really like it the Gore was to the MAX and the reaction of everyone was even better one scene cant wait to see in the BD's.And ya the no reaction of the class is normal the impact of the scene will freeze pretty much anyone....seeing someone suicide is no a cute scene to see.....

So now everyone acknowledge them again kinda nice,also Yuuya sister is cute and i want to try some hawaiian coffee.

The dream scene was also great probably the most creepy moment so far in the series....I LOVE IT!!!

So that guy stop the curse somehow and probably left a clue in the shrine,this is getting interesting.

The ending was creepy and warm at the same time,also if Mei can tell with the "eye" who is dead then...wtf she use it but maybe we dont know something yet.

Next episode looks like the necessary beach episode....cant wait!
Feb 20, 2012 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
How you stop the curse? Killing the extra! Yupiiiiiii!

Beach's episode? Shitstorm incoming!

Man...and womans... Mei is dead, no?
Two coffins... omg.
Feb 20, 2012 12:22 PM

Feb 2012
Hot damn, people are good at predictions! I'm getting on the "beach scene was a dream sequence" bandwagon... because it does seem too happy go lucky.

I personally loved how over done the teachers suicide was. It was very in your face! ^^ ( Or should I say... throat... hur hur... :B )

Mei must have the ability to see who is dead and who is not with her eye... at least, considering everything she has said... and her confidence in saying he is not makes me think that is her ability.

If students who had spent all that time pretending I didn't exist were talking to me like no big deal after the fact, I'd ignore them... or at least I wouldn't be that passive about it all.
Feb 20, 2012 12:28 PM

Mar 2008
akutasame94 said:

To explain why I thought dead Misaki was her twin... Because of those twin dolls she talked about around first 2 or 3 episodes...

Also if her sister didn't get a chance to live why is the doll inspired by her? How did mother know that dead sister was going to look so much like Mei? I really don't understand some stuff....

Not sure... Mei (and Kouchi and everybody else in classe 3) have around 15 years.
Mei's sister dead 12 years ago.
Don't make sense the two be twins.
Feb 20, 2012 12:30 PM

Feb 2009
So who will bite it next? My bet is on twintails.
Feb 20, 2012 12:31 PM

Mar 2008
About the nightmare... anyone think about Jeff Goldblum melting in The Fly?
Feb 20, 2012 12:34 PM

Feb 2012
dio_brando86 said:

My bet is on Yuuya.
Feb 20, 2012 12:37 PM
Mar 2011
creepy as always. love it!
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 20, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
Someone is so drowning next episode XDDD
Feb 20, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2011
Cynderella said:
dio_brando86 said:

My bet is on Yuuya.

Agreed - even if I don't want it to happen..
Feb 20, 2012 12:45 PM

Jul 2009
Gory scene was gory.

The cold hands thing was just a rumor, but I find it strange that Izumi felt like she shook Kouichi's hand before. This totally brings up the "erased memory" theory.

I wonder if they will find the thing that man put at the shrine to stop the calamity, but I do wonder why he was going ballistic saying "I saved them!" Something seems wrong there, just something to take note.

DAMN. I was hoping Kouichi would kiss Mei because his face got so darn close to Mei's. hahah! Anyway, Mei's left eye is definitely something special. I hope they give more details to it next episode at the very least.

The thing about Mei's mom, the dolls, and the sister, I think are irrelevant BUT I could be wrong. (Seems like a ploy the writer used to side-track or scare us; i.e. Remember that scene when Mei had to visit "her other half" @ the morgue which was her sister? well that is to side-track/scare us/cause speculation.) I'm calling red herring on this one. There's alot of things that you have to nitpick and count as irrelevant or relevant. The female teacher who looks like she's going to flip seems relevant. And why was there that tiny bit of emphasis on her after the male teacher killed himself?

Anyway, just wondering why do some of you guys think Izumi or Yuya will die soon? What's your reasoning?

Beach episode next week. I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon that it's all a dream, but it certainly is plausible. Here's hoping next week's episode isn't overdone with fan service lol
NurseNitsujFeb 20, 2012 1:17 PM
Feb 20, 2012 12:46 PM

Jun 2010
I still think that 'half a year ago in Yomiyama' thing from last episode is relevant, and a bit creepy. The things twin tails (her name still escapes me) said too, totally foreshadowing by the looks of it. My bet's on her dying next too. Anyway, Sakakibara most likely is the dead one. That depresses me if i'm right. There's too many inconsistencies in everyones memory for him to not at least be dead and or part of the mystery. There was somebody with the same name too, right? Correct me if i'm wrong, but that other Sakakibara did die, right?

/theory
Feb 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
So Kouichi isn't the one who's dead...or at least that's what Mei says.
I wonder who is it. I still think the bird saying "Why?" is important.
Feb 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Feb 2012
PaninaManina said:

I actually thought of the bathroom scene from Poltergeist.

Cynderella said:
dio_brando86 said:

My bet is on Yuuya.

That sounds right. I think Akazawa will die, but later.
Feb 20, 2012 12:51 PM
Sep 2011
PaninaManina said:

Oh, you mean this scene?

Well, looks like Sakakibara shouldn't have watched it before going to sleep no matter how much a sucker he is for this specific genre ;)
Feb 20, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2011
Another good episode, I wonder how many of them will die - well I think those in the ending exept Sakakibara and Mei will die

Also, I'm really wondering about the girl with the glasses in the ED who stands next to Izumi - did she ever had a greater appearance in Another - what's her name anyway?

And who the hell is the dead one - I really thought Sakakibara was the dead one...
Feb 20, 2012 12:57 PM

Aug 2011
Mei and Sakakibara kun looks like the perfect couple
Feb 20, 2012 12:58 PM

Mar 2008
QUESTION!
In order to spot the curso, who will kill and who will be killed?

Kouchi killing Mei in the end?
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.