ugh said:
ecchi and sports

This
Feb 21, 2012 4:40 AM

Mar 2009
ugh said:
ecchi and sports

Yep, same here

But I also don't care for slice of life and comedy much either.
Feb 21, 2012 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
there's not really any genre i can say i don't like. i mean i like at least one anime from every genre. except like sports anime like big windup or anything like that since i've never watched any of them. but my anime liking ranges from Clannad to Excel Saga to Fairy Tail to Hellsing to HSOTD to Yu Yu Hakusho to Haurhi Suzumiya.
Feb 23, 2012 9:49 AM

Nov 2010
Romance, Yuri, Ecchi, Mecha, School Life, Slice of Life, Sports, most Shoujo and Sci-fi...
DiosApollosMar 1, 2012 8:23 AM
~ Ciel fan forever ~

Feb 23, 2012 9:59 AM

Oct 2011
Hentai, yaoi, etc, Sports and romance.
I only like romance as an "extra".
I see dead people.
Feb 23, 2012 11:00 AM

Nov 2009
Romance, yaoi, yuri, mecha, shoujo, ecchi.
Feb 23, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2012
A lot of people here dislike yaoi :P...

Hm, genres of anime I don't really care for are sports, yuri, and horror.
Feb 23, 2012 4:25 PM

Jun 2010
Ecchi and Harem like 'To Love Ru'
Feb 23, 2012 4:29 PM

Sep 2011
i give each one a fair shot, even ecchi and yaoi.....but not if its both of those....

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 23, 2012 5:13 PM

Aug 2010
Yaoi and Yuri
Feb 23, 2012 5:22 PM

Jan 2010
yaoi, sport, mecha, josei, horror
Feb 23, 2012 6:22 PM

Jun 2011
I have discovered that I don't really care about mecha. Something about it really bores the shit out of me. I am just not into robots I suppose. xP
Feb 23, 2012 6:25 PM

Jun 2011
same i hate mecha
Feb 23, 2012 6:31 PM

Sep 2011
femalegoblin said:
I have discovered that I don't really care about mecha. Something about it really bores the shit out of me. I am just not into robots I suppose. xP
you need to watch the shows that focus on the piliots not the mechs like rahXephon or full metal panic,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 23, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
femalegoblin said:
you need to watch the shows that focus on the piliots not the mechs like rahXephon or full metal panic,

Don't all mech shows focus on the pilots with mechs just being a tool for fighting scenes?

Feb 23, 2012 6:44 PM

Mar 2011
Don't get all the dislike for mecha and sports. Has some classic stuff you wouldn't see otherwise. In fact, I'd argue that some of the best stuff comes out of those two genres.

Yaoi is the only thing I wouldn't watch. Of course there may be exceptions but I have not come across one (nor do I think one exists but...).
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Feb 23, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
I generally love every type of anime except plain ol' lame comedy or parody, stupid ecchi (like High School of the Dead), extreme gory horror, and bad slice-of-life (probably rated below 8.0 on MAL). Oh, and I also don't watch yuri, but I'm okay with yaoi. I don't DISLIKE sports, I just don't have an interest in it - other than if you count Hikaru no Go or Chihayafuru as sports, but they're probably "games".

I also find it weird how people dislike mecha. I mean, Code Geass... come on.
Feb 23, 2012 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
ITT: Fat anime nerds listing the sports genre as a genre that don't care for because they were/are being picked on in High School instead of actually watching a good sports anime.

But I digress.

I don't care much for most comedy, sometimes it works for me if the comedic elements were added in with some drama.

Especially ones that act as a parody; I think Panty & Stocking has been the only exception for me. Shows like Slam Dunk, Maison Ikkoku, Hajime no Ippo and City Hunter had an excellent balance of comedy and drama, something I infinitely prefer.

Feb 23, 2012 10:55 PM

Jul 2011
Onett said:
ITT: Fat anime nerds listing the sports genre as a genre that don't care for because they were/are being picked on in High School instead of actually watching a good sports anime.

But I digress.

I don't care much for most comedy, sometimes it works for me if the comedic elements were added in with some drama.

Especially ones that act as a parody; I think Panty & Stocking has been the only exception for me. Shows like Slam Dunk, Maison Ikkoku, Hajime no Ippo and City Hunter had an excellent balance of comedy and drama, something I infinitely prefer.

Please tell me you are joking
Feb 23, 2012 11:01 PM

Jan 2012
JoeLT said:
Onett said:

But I digress.

I kinda think this too.. Not the "picked on" or "fat" part, but not liking sports IRL. I believe those who don't like sports anime don't like sports in real life. Either that, or when they picture sports anime, the only thing that comes to mind is a bunch of ugly characters playing basketball or something.

I don't like sports much either, but I'd still give it a try. But the characters would have to look good.(Like Prince of Tennis.)

Anyway, there's gotta be some reason that sports is the single most chosen genre of hate here(maybe tying with ecchi/yaoi). No one has said why they hate sports anime, so all he did was offer his opinion...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2012 11:29 PM

Jul 2011
-Solo said:
JoeLT said:
Onett said:

But I digress.

I kinda think this too.. Not the "picked on" or "fat" part, but not liking sports IRL. I believe those who don't like sports anime don't like sports in real life. Either that, or when they picture sports anime, the only thing that comes to mind is a bunch of ugly characters playing basketball or something.

I don't like sports much either, but I'd still give it a try. But the characters would have to look good.(Like Prince of Tennis.)

Anyway, there's gotta be some reason that sports is the single most chosen genre of hate here(maybe tying with ecchi/yaoi). No one has said why they hate sports anime, so all he did was offer his opinion...

I don't like sports anime for the same reason I don't watch sport matches on Tv, it's boring and I would rather play than watch it.
His opinion was branding the people in here as fat nerds, if that's what he thinks he can keep his opinion to himself.
Feb 24, 2012 2:40 AM

Aug 2011
-Solo said:

I believe those who don't like sports anime don't like sports in real life.

Not necessarily - I refuse to watch Prince of Tennis exactly because I like tennis. What they play in that anime has so little in common with the real tennis, it seems offensive towards the "real thing", not to mention that this show seems to be a cheesy-ass shounen and has enormous lenght
Feb 24, 2012 2:50 AM

Sep 2010
The length and demographic are unrelated to the genre.
They are playing tennis , it however is not a complete simulation of real tennis.

Feb 24, 2012 2:54 AM

Oct 2011
Horror
Feb 24, 2012 3:18 AM

Aug 2011
To be honest, I avoid sport amines too.
Feb 24, 2012 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
I don't like the whole Shoujo, Highschool, Romance genre combo, though I can read/watch them seperately.

I'm not a big fan of Yaoi, either. I love Yuri, though.:D
Feb 24, 2012 8:41 AM

Aug 2010
Fuzzx said:
Sports.

Sports anime is almost always bland to me so yeah.
Feb 24, 2012 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
Genre's I do not care for huh, probably:
-Cars
-Historical
-Military
-Police
-Horror
-Space
-Sports

As the title says, I don't avoid these genres, I simply don't care about them. If they're in any of the shows I'm watching, good for it, doesn't matter much to me.
Feb 24, 2012 10:43 AM

Oct 2009
First that comes into my head would be Harem.
Feb 24, 2012 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
Liking sports anime has got nothing to do with liking sports. Most of them are just altered fighting shows. You watch them to see the characters to struggle and face ordeals. Interest in the sport itself is secondary.

If I had to mention something I don't care for, it would be romcoms. The most loved disease of the industry. BL too.
Feb 24, 2012 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
Shoujo dramas, like high school dramas where the main girl cries over every little stupid thing and thinks her life is the worst thing ever when a certain guy wont love her...or anything along those lines...they bother me way too much and just piss me off.

Same with shows where it has 1 girl and 2 guys that are possible couples, and the entire show is just focused on who she will pick.

BL tends to bother me sometimes, because it's just like a high school drama only with dudes...
Feb 24, 2012 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
If Guro counts as a genre then this. If not then horror and sports.
Feb 24, 2012 2:51 PM

Sep 2007
Usually don't really like mecha or sports anime series. There are exceptions, though. And I don't like Yuri, Yaoi and Hentai. I don't mind watching shounen ai or shoujo ai generally, but it depends on whether I find the story to be interesting or not.
Feb 24, 2012 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Not a big fan of shounen, but I havent seen much. And then KEY stuff...
Feb 24, 2012 3:08 PM

May 2010
I watch sport matches when I stumbled upon them on TV or in a cafe and enjoyed them.

But I still particularly avoid sport manga and anime. My brain can't digest most of them.
Feb 24, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
i hate and avoid yaoi, yuri, shounen ai, shoujo ai, incest and anime with rape.
Feb 24, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2010
not a big mecha fan. cant get into it
Feb 24, 2012 4:35 PM

Aug 2011
Gundam, Yaoi, Yuri, Horror, Mystery, and like really over-used genres...

~(^_^)~
~ pereztaastic ~
Feb 24, 2012 4:37 PM

Sep 2010
pereztaastic said:
Gundam/quote]

Gundam isn't a genre its a franchise. Gundam is part of the mecha/sci-fi genre.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 24, 2012 4:53 PM

Dec 2011
communiist said:
not a big mecha fan. cant get into it

Same here. Especially with the types that don't give any pretext and just write off the random robots as second nature. That, and I'm just not open to it as I am with others because I tend to stay away from the action-y stuff anyway.
Feb 24, 2012 5:07 PM
Feb 2012
Mecha for the most part. But its only the gundam types I cant deal with. I dislike the design of the gundams.
Feb 24, 2012 6:11 PM
Feb 2011
Yaoi and Yuri.
Feb 24, 2012 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
I don't think there is such a genre for me.
Feb 24, 2012 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
Sports, mecha and sci-fi
I try to give them a chance, but i end up not liking an anime with those genres.
Feb 24, 2012 9:08 PM

Aug 2011
Plotless ecchi harems, badly adapted 4-koma, and horror with a lot of blood and gore.
Feb 24, 2012 9:45 PM
Apr 2011
mecha, yuri, ecchi,anything with only girls in the series i hate it when theres a shit load of girls with big boob and that one loser perv boy :I i have nothing against k-on or nichijou or lol surprisingly i dont mind To-Love-Ru :0
Feb 24, 2012 10:47 PM

Feb 2012
psychological/drama, sports, yaoi, mecha ( code geass = exception )

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!
Feb 25, 2012 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
Mecha and scifi. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, it gets redundant and boring
Feb 25, 2012 12:51 PM

May 2009
Horror, it seems. Every single "amazing" horror title I've been recommended I've found to be mediocre at best - Uzumaki, Kara no Kyoukai, and this season's Another.

I don't know if this is a genre, but basically any shows that tries to be GAR and MANLY I've hated.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

47 by Toooooooooohru »»
6 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

49 by Lampblasted »»
6 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

42 by MichaelJackson »»
9 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 13 minutes ago

1 by Otakupervert890 »»
10 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

68 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.