MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sigh... yet another cliche anime -.-
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ano Natsu de Matteru »» Sigh... yet another cliche anime -.-

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
02-20-12, 7:58 PM

Ahri said:
Each to their own tastes i guess =P, thankfully this is one of my favorite animes this season so.....That's all that matters to me.

Second this, i could say this is a troll post but you are entitled to your opinion so i will simply disagree with it, because to me this has been one of my favorite anime of this season and the only thing that could really bring it down at this point would be a bitter ending like her leaving or something like that.

02-20-12, 8:11 PM

InfiniteDestiny said:
Ahri said:
Each to their own tastes i guess =P, thankfully this is one of my favorite animes this season so.....That's all that matters to me.

Second this, i could say this is a troll post but you are entitled to your opinion so i will simply disagree with it, because to me this has been one of my favorite anime of this season and the only thing that could really bring it down at this point would be a bitter ending like her leaving or something like that.

I have a feeling you're stalking me....Every time i make a post...>_> you always seem to quote it! =O!!!!!!!! It's k tho, cause i like ya! You have a TWGOK forum avatar and i watched that two months ago and absolutely LOVED it. So it's k. Now on topic.

@OP, i hope you're not implying that J.C. are terrible at what they do....They have made some of my favorite series, Index....Shana....and their artwork is amazing compared to so many other series (don't judge me on my list here, this is a new account and i haven't added EVERY anime i've ever seen. This is only a few), and their storylines are great as well, only gripe i have with Index was the memory wipe thing, but other than that it's a very solid series imo.

Also i see people get this wrong all the time, but Kanna =/= Childhood friend, She's known him for awhile but they aren't childhood friends. Her and Tets....Forgot his name, they are the childhood friends. I can understand that you dislike the anime, i get that....but i just don't get the point of making a thread about it, unless you're wanting someone to point out the good in the show and encourage you to pick it up again?

02-21-12, 1:22 AM

Internet and real life, in both areas people criticize others just for having an opinion different from theirs and make up whatever stupid excuse they can to make themselves sound cool or to pretend their protecting their ass. Like calling someone a troll just cause they wrote a post explaining this and that, blah blah yata yata.

To me the show is somewhat okay. Watched a few episodes and that was about it. Thought the characters were pretty retarded. My biggest hate is on Lemon because of her "cute bitch" thing she has going on. All the loli pedophiles can love her all they want, but she just makes me wanna smack her.

02-21-12, 3:38 AM

MoonFox said:
All the loli pedophiles can love her all they want, but she just makes me wanna smack her.

loli pedo? I just watched Onegai Teacher and I am positive that she is the oldest character on the show.

02-21-12, 6:24 AM

i dont care about cliche things..
because, if i care about that. i will drop 90% anime that i watch..
it's rarely to see unique and very "original" anime nowadays..

i watch anime for entertainment, not for criticize it or being picky..
so, if i enjoy some anime (like this anime), i will watch it, didnt care how much cliche its is...
Modified by hudang, 02-21-12, 6:27 AM

02-21-12, 6:54 AM

you do know that almost 100% of anime have cliches wrapped around them right?

This anime is just fine. The blend of comedy, romance and drama is just right. Nothing to be so critical of.

02-21-12, 7:27 PM

Anime_Name said:
MoonFox said:
All the loli pedophiles can love her all they want, but she just makes me wanna smack her.

loli pedo? I just watched Onegai Teacher and I am positive that she is the oldest character on the show.
she has a loli body so.... xDDD

02-21-12, 7:37 PM

Kelvets said:

I have thereby lost all hope for this show not being some recycled garbage and having something new to bring. Am I just being a sad, bitter old geezer? Does anybody think like me?

I can understand where you are coming from to some degree. It's likely that originality (not just in anime) has died out centuries ago. That's why I tend to focus more on things like how well a specific title is executed, paced and written rather than how unique the plot events or characters are. It's frustrating when you think you've seen it all, and Ano Natsu really isn't anything out of the ordinary, but I feel it's still one of J.C Staff's better titles. Search around MAL for some titles that may interest you or deal with things that aren't dealt with very often. If you are interested in other slice of life titles that are different from the norm, try Musishi, Haibane Renmie or Aria. It all depends on what you want to get out of anime.

02-21-12, 7:44 PM

DenjaX said:
Anime_Name said:
MoonFox said:

she has a loli body so.... xDDD

Sooooo the person I quoted used two words, loli and pedo, I didn't deny both. Loli can only be skin deep but pedo is a little more official. Liking someone that appears to be young doesn't make a person a pedo.

02-21-12, 7:46 PM

Guys, stop complaining. Stop expecting anime to be good.

03-03-12, 5:56 PM

I wasn't getting answers for a while so I gave up on the thread, but now I came back and see there's more answers :)

Ajunky said:
Kelvets said:
DmonHiro said:
I don't give a crap that it's all been done before, as long as when it's done now, it's done well. And boy, is it done well. It's practically perfect.

I very much beg to differ about it being done well. If I didn't, I wouldn't have written this rant :)
So basically any opinion different than yours is bs, right?

Wait, what? When did I say his opinion is bullshit? All I said is that my own is different, I didn't minimize his opinion in any way.

Ahri said:
@OP, i hope you're not implying that J.C. are terrible at what they do....

Nope. In one of my answers I said the following: "I can hardly believe this is the same studio that did Nodame Cantabile!". NC was an awesome anime.

Ahri said:
Also i see people get this wrong all the time, but Kanna =/= Childhood friend, She's known him for awhile but they aren't childhood friends. Her and Tets....Forgot his name, they are the childhood friends. I can understand that you dislike the anime, i get that....but i just don't get the point of making a thread about it, unless you're wanting someone to point out the good in the show and encourage you to pick it up again?

If she isn't her childhood friend per se, she sure acts like one.

The point of making the thread is gauging how much people here care about cliché.
Modified by Kelvets, 03-03-12, 6:00 PM

03-04-12, 5:02 PM

Kelvets said:
I wasn't getting answers for a while so I gave up on the thread, but now I came back and see there's more answers :)

Ajunky said:
Kelvets said:
DmonHiro said:
I don't give a crap that it's all been done before, as long as when it's done now, it's done well. And boy, is it done well. It's practically perfect.

I very much beg to differ about it being done well. If I didn't, I wouldn't have written this rant :)
So basically any opinion different than yours is bs, right?

Wait, what? When did I say his opinion is bullshit? All I said is that my own is different, I didn't minimize his opinion in any way.

Ahri said:
@OP, i hope you're not implying that J.C. are terrible at what they do....

Nope. In one of my answers I said the following: "I can hardly believe this is the same studio that did Nodame Cantabile!". NC was an awesome anime.

Ahri said:

If she isn't her childhood friend per se, she sure acts like one.

The point of making the thread is gauging how much people here care about cliché.

It's hard not to find cliche though, and most of the time that you don't find a cliche, the anime does it very wrong and it ends up being pretty bad. Just because something is new and different doesn't mean it's good. I'm having trouble understanding what you want exactly from this thread, so i apologize if i am misconceiving anything.

Good ;). Was about to say, J.C. is one of the better anime companies out there, besides Key. So :D better not diss on mah fav. company.

There are worse shows though with cliches, like R-16....That show was a complete trainwreck. I couldn't watch it after episode two. There was one show called Ben-to i enjoyed quite a bit, the storyline was pretty original, although it did have cliche elements on some of the parts, still very enjoyable.

03-05-12, 7:02 AM

Personally, I don't find a cliche plot to be a significantly detrimental factor to my enjoyment but rather the execution of the plot and the development of likeable characters. So as a result, the plot doesn't bother me here.
For me the actual issue is that I don't quite find myself attached enough to these characters and their struggles to care about what happens to them, which I suppose is an issue for another day/thread.

03-29-12, 10:34 PM

If you've seen Onegai Teacher, stay away from Ano Natsu. The show is a waste of time.

If you've never seen Onegai Teacher, also stay away from Ano Natsu and go watch Onegai Teacher instead.

tl;dr - Onegai Teacher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ano Natsu

03-30-12, 2:13 PM

flaxman85 said:
If you've seen Onegai Teacher, stay away from Ano Natsu. The show is a waste of time.

If you've never seen Onegai Teacher, also stay away from Ano Natsu and go watch Onegai Teacher instead.

Cool story bro.

03-30-12, 2:23 PM

Ahri said:
flaxman85 said:

Cool story bro.

Thanks for caring, hun.

03-30-12, 4:30 PM

any anime is fine as long as the director and staff do a good job in initiating it

05-12-12, 12:35 PM

There are only so much plot archetype in the world, if u took any high school english course u will know. So story plot structure are bound to recycle, however just because they have been recycled, the setting and detail ppl put into it makes a difference.

Personally i love anime like this, cuz it happen in a little village area where is surround by mountain and rivers. It has nice scenery and the onegai sensei feel from it just make it that much more enjoyable.

Also as it is said before, if u watch a lot of anime, it will make each one less enjoyable compare to before, but people do have preferences and they can always find something that they can relate to or an anime that meet their ideals, this is what make me continue to watch anime, to find anime that meet my ideal. This anime definitely meet my ideal.

Last thing i want to talk about is how the anime is made, lot of newer anime today are badly made cuz they have no ending point or never consider an ending point when they started. Having a proper ending that summarize everything is lot more critical than you think. With a proper ending point layout, it is easier to control the pace of the anime. The pace control how much plot development and is critical to keep the suspense. This anime did a great job in bother of those area. Hence 9/10

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices