Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2012 8:12 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode stepped away from the action a little bit and focused on the relationship of the three girls. Madoka and Muginami come to an understanding, and fortunately they didn't forget to include Lan. Also included was some eels crawling all over high school girls and the three main girls skinny dipping at the end. It was a more subtle type of fanservice so I think no one would let it detract from the show if they are against that sort of thing (I, for one, absolutely love it).
Feb 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Nov 2008
Lan got an eel down her shirt lol and also got quite a few on her in a erotic fashion.

Muginami had it rough, living on a desolate planet and having to fend for herself and steal until Vila washed up a shore. Mugi looks cute in twintails.

The end with all three skinny dipping was hot and Lan is slowly becoming tsundere for Mugi.

Feb 19, 2012 8:47 AM

Dec 2011
Im glad that the girls are back together again. The ending was great. Thumbs up for naked Lan.
Feb 19, 2012 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
Nice fan service at the end of this episode.
And glad to see there relationship was fixed seemed that both Muginami and Modaka admitted there mistakes.
And we learned a bit more about Muginami's past which was terrible from the looks of it.
Makes me wonder what the enemy prince was trying to accomplice.
Feb 19, 2012 10:43 AM

May 2011
I'm not going to lie. The fan service in this episode was hawt. Cuddling in the tub, eels squirming all over high school girls, and a threesome skinny dip session on a moonlit beach.

As for the story, the fanservice was largely windowdressing as both Madoka and Muginami were still getting over their painful issues and reconciling with each other.

Muginami's past plus her opening up to Madoka was a real breakthrough in her character development. You felt you could sympathize with her foolish decisions more. Lord Whatshisface really meant the world to her. You really could understand how painful it was when he turned on her like that.

Lord Whatshisface did a real number on Muginami. But I'm really seeing that it was the only way. Muginami is so loyal to him that it would take a complete act of betrayal for her to stop following him obediently and maybe grow as a person and teammate with Madoka and Lan.

I get the sense that he wants this fighting force of ovids to grow into something. That he's playing antagonist to facilitate growth in the girl's abilities and prepare them for something big down the road.

Now excuse me. I was mentally projecting myself into the middle of that naked splash session of theirs. I need to take a REALLY cold shower now.
Feb 19, 2012 11:40 AM
Sep 2011
This episode was entirely dedicated to fleshing out our three protagonists and also showed a glimpse of Muginami's past on the planet U-Go. It's good to see Madoka reflecting on her own actions as well.

It shouldn't be surprise that Villaguilio is as bawdy as he is now. Living on that depraved planet not to mention being deposed from his status as crown prince must have embittered him severly.

I wished the story would have been set in other planets. From what I've seen they look really neat and would make a much more interesting setting.

The chairs really do seem to reflect the relationship of the girls as they are put up properly at the end of the episode opposed to the disarray last week.
Feb 19, 2012 12:46 PM
Jan 2011
So, this is about Muginami's story, nice fanservice thought, if only you can see some nipples.
Feb 19, 2012 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
Well, everyone is happy.
Some good character developments, especially Muginami. She left the apple behind and join Madoka and Ran in the ocean should signified that she is able to put the past behind her.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but what is Ran and her people trying to achieve. They can't possible just want to protect the Earth. Peace to her planet? Some of give me a hint please. >_<

Although everyone is happy right now, but the question remains. What's the consequence of piloting a Vox? I don't expect them to explain it anytime soon, but I would like them to explain it before season 1 ends... = =|
Feb 19, 2012 2:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, I still can't like any of the characters :/

There is like a total lack of charm in the personality of the characters...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 19, 2012 2:44 PM

Jun 2009
Instead of mindless action we get character development, couldn't be more perfect. Loved how three girls came to understand each other, plus dat beach scene - taken to whole new level.
Muginami's past was interesting, U-Go planet makes me want to see more action on planets other than earth, it could be cool.

Still one thing i didn't like was how they thrown De Metrio and Le Garite just telling us they are in conflict now but not saying anything about actual planets/nations on them. Then comes Star Registration code, Polyhedron. What are those and how did De Metrio and Le Garite get into conflict? Many questions to answer which i hope we will get to know in the near future.
At least we got to know that blonde guy with closed eyes is from Le Garite as well.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 19, 2012 2:46 PM

Oct 2011
Who in the name of sanity would think that pool is a place to store eels?
Ok it may be cultural difference or some thing in a future
but WTF?!

Muginami's backstory was nice - nothing unique
just a world which looked like after Third Impact a bit... but nice to see why he became like she became

and of course that ending scene - like what?!
since considerable dose of fanservice (and this is always a bad thing) this was weakest episode yet
I hope they will return to something more normal next week
Feb 19, 2012 2:54 PM

May 2011
I just laughed when Madoka mispelled Villagiulio about 3 times or so. And the eel part as well. Man, Lan was so hilarious back then. XDD
Feb 19, 2012 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
Many scenes I eye-rolled at this episode. Eels in the pool, taking a bath in the sea... Wat.

Muginami has grown on me a bit though. Hopefully next episode will be better. =)

Feb 19, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
Here's hoping the BDs gives us a little more for this episode. Next up is a to visit to Seaworld...lol
Feb 19, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2008
Well.

That was fun.
Feb 19, 2012 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
This episode pretty much served as fan service, more about mugi's past,and the whole group getting back together all in all it was a good episode...but dem eels lolwut?.

Could there be a 4th girl and she might be a loli only guessing after watching the preview ??!
Feb 19, 2012 4:13 PM

Oct 2010

The episode totally devastated me with Muginami’s past but made the fan service alleviate that. It’s really to deal with pasts like Muginami when IRL it’s as close as Africans dying of hunger as an example.

About Muginami’s past, at first I kind of knew from the looks of the planet that it’s been devastated with it’s atmosphere and desolation. The moment I saw Muginami here and up-close here, HEART BREAK! It hurt so much I could not believe. She looked terrible. I knew from the PV but the impact was much more. It looks like Villagiulio also lost to some fight from the looks of him here. I guess then my tear happened upon realizing of Muginami in the following,

not many have an ideal of how much heart it takes under her condition to open up to someone and give them what one has almost of nothing that being food. Muginami giving out her last share of food scavenged is a gesture beyond words. From the looks of Villagiulio’s face here, he seems in disbelief. Muginami’s face here looks still so sad, it’s heartbreaking. I can’t believe what that SOB did to Muginami in the spoiler
I would so love to slice and cut this shit. You don’t hit kids! You never do even if they steal. You deal another way. Just glad it was not rape, shit head like him who knows. Poor Muginami there, she really got hit in the face.

I can’t believe her living condition in that shed. It was horrendous. Seeing her face in that shed was even worse. it sent out a constant pain of pity. However it was very nice despite that Muginami tried to get apples that Villagiulio got some. At the price of getting hit twice from the looks of his face. You can also see very well of Muginami’s face having received a punch here. It was very touching to have seen her give a hug to Villagiulio in the spoiler
it showed some great feelings with powerful effects.

Flash-forward to a certain war in a building here whom I assume the whole KISS group started. Muginami is as ever clumsy in the spoiler
but there was always Villagiulio. There to support her. Which was nice to know. I still think that I wish I did not know of Muginami’s feelings in the spoiler
got me jealous cause I tend to be possessive of her. Since last episode I really like her a lot and too much. Suffice to say enough that I care more for her than the other girls. At first it was Madoka, Lan got me in her loli form but ultimately Muginami blew me out with her take off. So I doubt I will change sides. MUGINAMIIIIIIIIII ALLLLLLL THE WAY!

I will leave with the following,

You might all think it’s fan service. Think again. I view it differently. I finally made the conclusion as Muginami being a very nice person towards Lan’s body in order to not make her shy of it anymore since if Muginami plays around with Lan’s body then it must mean it should not be shameful of it. If I have time I could explain it in regards to the dipping scene.

About Muginami in the present, I liked her face here and her appearance when she was in the hospital. Just Muginami laying in bed was so nice. I bet anything that this seagull here is some spying bird. However Muginami does still remember the apples sharing. Even if the apple is plain. While I loved Villagiulio’s ship here and the fact that even himself remembers it even now. I liked seeing Muginami walking on the beach in the spoiler
I get to see her feet from far. It was nice to see Muginami in the club room and that she tended out to Madoka here. It was a nice gesture.

In thee end a apple get hung here and a most profound gesture of Muginami kissing on Madoka’s name on the door of her room. Looked really symbolic. However what startled me was Lan here with pyjamas having a symbol of the Orca, whom she gave as name to her Vox. I would never think that Lan would be the first to greed and stop Muginami before even Madoka had a chance. Muginami’s resolve in the spoiler
was none other than giving up on her shared fate illustrated by the apple and breast fondling Lan to give her more confidence upon her body.

About Madoka and Lan. Madoka for one was in a depressive mood here playing around with bread. While Lan was interesting in reading more about the Orca. I liked how Madoka was shown here that angle was not bad and her
face when she realized something was nice. Her
determination here was well shown. No flaws so far. I had to LOL for some time in regards to Madoka being ganged by Seagulls to feed of her bread but Madoka is still cute when she is angered like here. Sometimes it makes her funny instead of serious. From the looks of Madoka’s expression here, she ain’t buying a single of Villagiulio’s true nature. Well at least comedy came when Madoka’s teacher comes in the spoiler
and she is pretty hot with that clothing on.

Lan on the other hand was hilarious with the eels in the spoiler
despite it having lustful tones, it was hilarious to me. I guess seeing her struggle was one of the factors. It does look like the teacher was amazing here, as her serious tone got Madoka moving to enquire of Muginami’s true feelings. While Madoka jumping here due to slipping gave out more comedy for me. Lan was interesting in her emotions. For one she expressed clearly feeling out here as Madoka was bathing with Muginami, she wanted in and Lan expressing sad feelings here told me she comprehends and understands Muginami more than ever. So it was shown very well as her being first to stop Muginami. Lan was very nice with that blush here as she is wearing maid clothing.

About Moid, as of this episode and the content of the following spoiler
I accuse and suspect him of withholding info and BSing his commander/superiors. He is out for something and I wonder WTF is it going to be exactly.

About the fan service, it was upped but cancelled out nicely in the bath part with emotions. There was some cancellation effect from Muginami in the dipping but it failed. List says more
  • There some eel fan service in the spoiler
    I can tell you why it’s so appealing. It’s due to the eels being slippery and the fact girls have 2 points of sensitivity due to their genitals instead of one for the guys. Thus those 2 points with the slippery factor of eels gives them effects similar to one groping them/pleasuring them thus the reaction is attractive. Despite that it was obvious that it was all for the festival from the flier here and that there was this much. Damn! That’s a lot.

• The bathroom part was nice in the spoiler
    however it was cancelled out by Madoka’s hug on Muginami in which I find was the most powerful gesture she could give out. In fact it teared me out very much. That’s how powerful it was. So you can pretty much say “I fucked off the fan service” there very easily.

• Muginami's fan service in the spoiler
    was nice despite it being very short of her only.

• The last part with skinning dipping was the best but it was also too rushed. Lan in the spoiler
    showed more of her body. You can even see her privates. Whom most sites I see missed out totally on. BlankV but still it was there partially. I don’t see anything bad with Lan’s body. She has a tight ass more than Madoka/Muginami’s size and her breasts are firm and smallest. I don’t think she has anything to be shy about moreover her skin tone is to my liking. So Lan should get over it. Besides that it was Muginami that most likely noticed it and so why she fondled Lan’s breasts afterwards apart from teasing her. That’s the way I see it anyway.

On the other side of things Madoka and Muginami got good service in the spoiler
    Madoka’s ass is a little too big along with Muginami whom I don’t mind but it proves my claim that Lan’s is most well rounded. The water splashing was a nice extra.
So from the fan service suffice to say it was there for Madoka/Muginami bonding and for Lan to bond with them in the dipping because she had no chance in the bath part. Simple as that.

About the preview, looks to me like more research will happen and the school uniforms here on Lan/Madoka/Muginami look good but I guess it shows that summer may be over soon. Those don’t look like summer uniforms anymore. So I guess from the spoiler
more fan service and breast grabbing? I have feeling in the next episode it will be more of overtones in lust than comedy/drama. Moreover kids coming to the Water World? Sounds to me like a filler but also a possible resolve episode around some issues the girls have. I suspect more focus on Lan.

BTW Intermission is nice in the spoiler
is nice of Muginami's fan service part

End art in the spoiler
is a nice render of the girls continuing on their lives and being together. It has an interesting motto even used in K-ON itself.

Image Stitches are done in the spoiler
a better view of the landscape. Lan in eels and some of other stuff like that.

Some GIFs in the club,
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=405249
more to come later.

End Art in the spoiler
is the best one in the group category I find. Cute Madoka is cute playing with a figma of her Vox.
Yumekichi11Feb 19, 2012 11:06 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 19, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
I am starting to like Muginami now I can see where her devotion to her brother comes from. He is the person who took her off that horrible planet. I am starting to enjoy watching these three vixens.
[center]
Feb 19, 2012 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
I have to say, part of me disliked the sudden fansertvice throughout the episode, but watching it again, it's all there to alleviate the dark story of Muginami's past. I'm so glad that she's worked out her differences between herself and Madoka, and she's working on doing the same with Lan.

I can't say how much I love this anime, it's been a while since an anime got me this interested - I really think that it's because I love all the characters so much.

There's NO stereotypes, there's only been fan-service in 2 of the 7 episodes so far, the plot is deep, the characters are SOFRICKINLOVEABLEOHMYGOD, and the animation is clean, sharp, and very very well done.

Why is this anime so low rated? I simply don't understand it!
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 19, 2012 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,a big family!!

Now i know Muginami past i understand it even better,she was alone in a shitty world and Villagiulio came and give her a reason to smile,so know i understand why she protect him...poor Muginami :(

It was nice that at the end they make up and understand each other now a big happy family!!

Was surprise how bold Lan was at the beach scene she really was jealous of Muginami to that but it was funny.

Also i am even more sure that Moid has his own agenda at not telling the captain what the flowers was.....

The fanservice was great this episode beginning from eel rape to amazing skinny dipping maybe the BD's will give more of that beach scene.

Last scene some friendly boob grabbing to cheer Lan up and the 3 run to school like good friends :)

Next episode looks like they go to the aquarium!!
Feb 19, 2012 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

this i ask myself every week i watch it i can name quite a bit of shows this seasons that i find better then this but are higher rated.

it will forever be one of those underrated shows !
Feb 19, 2012 7:08 PM
Jul 2011
Okay, I reluctantly admit that Muginami is pretty much excused now with that kind of background. It will still take some time for me to truly accept her, but now there's hope :-)

The only thing that bugged me this time was how Madoka did a complete U-turn. Yes, she went overboard last episode, but she was still right to a pretty large extent - even Muginami understood that this time. Well, as long as they understand each other, everything's all right I guess ^^

All that fanservice (with comedy mixed in most of the time) really made the episode easy to digest - especially when Lan was at the center of it :-)
Feb 19, 2012 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
This episode went hard on my dick.
Feb 19, 2012 9:43 PM

Jun 2007
I was considerably impressed. This show has the best main group of characters so far this year; unique traits that feel surprisingly unforced, and conflicts that get settled in realistic but still fascinating ways.

And (eels aside) for once the bath scene didn't feel gratuitous. It definitely helped that some serious good characterization was in there (combined with minimal dvd bait).
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Feb 19, 2012 9:45 PM

Nov 2010
This episode is just damn right, with backstory, skinship, (the right amount of) service, and bonding. NOW THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT!

BRSxIgnition said:

"Serious" anipundits think Lagrange isn't art and doesn't fit their own notion of an entertaining show (you know what sort of shows they like to see serious business).

So why would they dictate taste for the rest of the viewer population? What are they, fashion police? Lagrange is a real guilty pleasure. :)

EDIT: not surprised with the whiner posts coming in. I'll be amused if someone makes a RAEGQUIT post.
soulassassin547Feb 20, 2012 12:00 AM
I play, the haters lose.
Feb 19, 2012 10:41 PM

Sep 2007
Looks like the token loli makes her appearance next episode.
Feb 19, 2012 11:24 PM

Feb 2008
Another episode wasted on Muginami. Damn it, why don't they focus only on Lan.

The episode was horrible. I'd expect this from Zero no Tsukaima F, but not from Rinne no Lagrange. How can I take Muginami's back story serious if it's interrupted by eels raping those girls and Lan. Also, Madoka saying that guy's name wrong 20 times in one episode is annoying. It's like her brain is on the same level as Agumon's. She was really cute and cool in the first few episodes. Now she's just a dumb annoying chick.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 19, 2012 11:46 PM
Sep 2010
ZetaZaku said:
Another episode wasted on Muginami. Damn it, why don't they focus only on Lan.

The episode was horrible. I'd expect this from Zero no Tsukaima F, but not from Rinne no Lagrange. How can I take Muginami's back story serious if it's interrupted by eels raping those girls and Lan. Also, Madoka saying that guy's name wrong 20 times in one episode is annoying. It's like her brain is on the same level as Agumon's. She was really cute and cool in the first few episodes. Now she's just a dumb annoying chick.

Yeah that Eel part was kind of dumb. I hope they don't make this a habit or else it really will turn out to be ZNTF. I like this show. Characters seem more meaningful. Hopefully they dont' screw it up with endless mindless crap and focus on the story.
Feb 19, 2012 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
Man, this episode was beautiful. I loved it.
MasterSpark11Feb 20, 2012 7:49 AM
Feb 20, 2012 1:17 AM

Aug 2010
I really hope that we have Muginami out of the way for a bit now, she had her 15 minutes of fame, now please let others shine. Lan has been pretty much sidetracked for the last couple of episodes, hoping to see more of her. 3/5.
Feb 20, 2012 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
So cute. The bath at the sea was poetic beauty.
That was some nice lightweight drama.
4/5 for this ep
VictimOfFateFeb 20, 2012 1:50 AM
Feb 20, 2012 2:25 AM

Aug 2008
Drama solved nicely.

Man, Lan is so funny.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Lolita and Winter uniform.
Feb 20, 2012 3:02 AM
Dec 2007
Interesting stuff, the drama was kinda well done and Muginami's flashbacks were REALLY good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 20, 2012 4:20 AM

Mar 2009
Perfect episode:
-b00bs dressing moment.
-yuri bath.
-delicious tears.
-mass naked yuri bath in the ocean.

I am amused.
Feb 20, 2012 5:34 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
It was an odd episode, mixing as it did the very sad depiction of Muginami's background with an unlike swimming pool event and other light/silly scenes. I don't think it was bad, though I hope it doesn't continue to trend this way in general.
Feb 20, 2012 7:47 AM
Jul 2011
this episode had so much win xD
Feb 20, 2012 7:54 AM

Jul 2009
Just when i thought there would be a bit of plot, next episode is looking like a filler again...

Nah best episode so far, i think :P

Feb 20, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
Great fan service
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 20, 2012 8:23 AM

Jan 2011
Although I like the action / story development parts much better, it was nice to watch.
I was suprised that Muginami had that bad of a past, that planet was a piece of shit.
loliowoFeb 20, 2012 8:26 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was really cute....if only my dirty thoughts weren't corrupting it!! >____<

But the character development was nice. Glad to see Muginami's officially a part of the team!

I have to agree with the above posters here. This show is heavily underrated! *sigh*
Feb 20, 2012 6:25 PM

Sep 2009
Arrrg! I am so ready for this series to start focusing on just the action! This was the third episode with absolutely no mecha, action, battles, etc. Although it's nice to see the character development/bonding between the girls, this is a MECHA.

Oh, and young Lan is infinitely cuter than young Muginami.

I wrote up a full review of this episode on my blog ^.^
Feb 20, 2012 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
Dat ocean scene was... BEAUTIFUL!
Feb 20, 2012 9:26 PM

Aug 2011
I simply love this anime so far!

All of the characters are interesting and likable, and the series does a great job of mixing in a darker story line with light-hearted fun and fanservice.

Hopefully Rinne just gets better and better!
Feb 20, 2012 10:25 PM
Aug 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
There's NO stereotypes, there's only been fan-service in 2 of the 7 episodes so far, the plot is deep, the characters are SOFRICKINLOVEABLEOHMYGOD, and the animation is clean, sharp, and very very well done.

OK, I'll give you an answer why the rating is so low.

#1 The plot is NOT deep at all, in fact it's all over the place and it's not properly told, unless you are REALLY INTO this anime, it's actually confusing.

#2 The Characters are OK at best, sure Lan and Madoka are likable but they're not really that unique, we've seen characters like them before and so far they haven't interacted that much since the majority of the scenes have been action.

#3 This is yet another Mecha anime battling to save the planet, this genre is so severely OVERUSED and cliche that it turns off many viewers.

I personally would LOVE this anime much more if it wasn't a mecha anime.

Overall, the only thing I see that is great in this anime is the SUPERB animation/artwork, I'll give them all the credit in the world for making a very good looking anime with pure eye candy scenes.

But other than that, it's not that impressive.....unfortunately.
Feb 20, 2012 11:05 PM

May 2010
Wow this time there is a lot of fanservice, very nice !!
Feb 20, 2012 11:09 PM

Oct 2011
ichigo03 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

#1 The plot is NOT deep at all, in fact it's all over the place and it's not properly told, unless you are REALLY INTO this anime, it's actually confusing.

#2 The Characters are OK at best, sure Lan and Madoka are likable but they're not really that unique, we've seen characters like them before and so far they haven't interacted that much since the majority of the scenes have been action.

#3 This is yet another Mecha anime battling to save the planet, this genre is so severely OVERUSED and cliche that it turns off many viewers.

Overall, the only thing I see that is great in this anime is the SUPERB animation/artwork, I'll give them all the credit in the world for making a very good looking anime with pure eye candy scenes.

#1 We're 1/4th through the anime, so I'm pretty sure neither of us is able to call the Plot deep or shallow just yet. It is however leaning more towards the former than the latter. With the entire warfront slowly being revealed, and earth getting more involved, it will get deeper than it already is. I don't expect mega high levels of plot twists/etc, but I expect something that will interest many.

#2 That's an opinion - many people here on MAL love the characters, me included. We understand that there are some cliches that they fall into, but they're surprisingly unique - even with that. Madoka is straightforward, active, and headstrong, but she's light-hearted and fun at the same time. Lan is smart and loyal, but clumsy and scared. Muginami is the complicated character, but still fun and capable.

If you took any of these girls, and put them in any other anime, they would have been reduced to nameless stereotypes in an instant. They've changed up the formula with these three, and I love it. I haven't even spoken about the side characters, which are all interesting.

#3 I agree it's "another Mecha anime" BUT - and this is a MASSIVE BUT - it is completely different than others. It's bright, it's colorful, it's fun, it's dark, it's all of these things at once, and everything is done very very well. Calling an entire genre "OVERUSED and cliche" is just severe elitism on your part.

I respect your opinions and have simply stated my own - the above is not meant to cause any arguments or anything like that.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 20, 2012 11:27 PM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 21, 2012 12:39 AM
Aug 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
I respect your opinions and have simply stated my own - the above is not meant to cause any arguments or anything like that.

Don't worry, I didn't see your opinions as attacks or anything negative, I can definitely agree with some of them.

Overall, I believe the best anime are those that captivate the viewers imaginations and emotions.

I believe the best anime this season are Another and Nisemonogatari, they make us want to see more and more, they make us think and wonder how the story will progress....what will happen to the characters, and what the resolution will be.

At the moment this anime is not to those standards, it's probably because we still don't have enough information or because the episodes are not as riveting like they are in "Another" or "Nisemonogatari".

Time will tell how good this anime will be.

And let me tell you something, I'm hoping this gets better.....I'm going to be very honest with you, I believe this anime is by far the best animation this season, it is incredible how good, fluid, and crystal clear the scenes are.
Feb 21, 2012 6:04 AM

Jun 2011
wakka9ca said:
Again, I still can't like any of the characters :/

There is like a total lack of charm in the personality of the characters...

Im not a fan of Madoka and i did not really like Muginami either, though this episode with Muginami background made me soften to her a bit so she is ok now. I always liked Lan she is easily my favourite character hands down, though they keep pushing her to the side she is underused. Madoka just generally annoys me not of a fan of her character, it was ok in the start but got more worse as the episodes went on and her voice really grates my nerves at time.

I liked this episode mostly for the background on Muginami and the 3 of theirs relationship being developed. I could of done without that worthless eel part that just did not fit. The director wont do girlxguy or girlxgirl romance at all but he will put in these worthless eel service scenes?
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 21, 2012 10:49 AM

Dec 2007
ichigo03 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

> mentions no plot
>> favorite animes are Bleach and K-ON

Not sure if srs.

Anyway, this is probably the best Winter anime out right now. Aside from the fanservice (at the tail end, the eel thing was just silly fun--you people have watched too much hentai), they've managed to construct a universe with fleshed out, LIKABLE characters that have believable reactions to things. And that's probably why this anime is so low-rated. Anime fans are so used to ridiculous reactions to shit that they don't really know how to react when they see characters acting like normal fucking humans.

Still, there's something...really dark and foreboding about this series that I haven't figured out yet. There's something Lan and her brother are hiding, and it's something that I'm 100% certain will completely change the tone of the series. I get the feeling this will be a completely different series come it's second season.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 21, 2012 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
Madoka was so cool when she consoled Muginami in the bath and persuaded Muginami out of leaving.
And, Lan hoping to take a bath with Madoka, was just fabulous. Though Madoka accepted it in the most unexpected way, I guess Lan was actually wanting to take a bath, in a real bath where she can touch each other (like that hug), or wash each other's back... It's a pity.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 25, 2012

118 by Hyperdude144 »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 18, 2012

61 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 11, 2012

52 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

80 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 15, 2012

102 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.