MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

When happy scenes take a dark turn/get sad fast
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» When happy scenes take a dark turn/get sad fast

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
02-19-12, 1:21 PM

Tachii said:
akutasame94 said:
Nice music. But I would spoiler tag your post, huge spoiler in there by saying her name.

I'll do it, I was just to lazy :D

DId it....
Modified by akutasame94, 02-19-12, 1:30 PM

02-19-12, 3:49 PM

It's okay if it makes sense. Even if it is a total surprise, as long as it doesn't feel completely random and unnatural.
But when it doesn't it's just retarded. That's one of the reasons why I disliked Clannad AS after ep 16 or 17 or whenever.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

02-20-12, 3:31 PM

Well it's a H-VN but I still enjoyed it a lot, in shion when

I personally think they're great, so long as it isn't a wtf moment that makes no logical sense. So long as it contributes to the plot constructively, I Find them nice- especially when they're used to conclude a storyline.

02-20-12, 3:51 PM

Really, I'm surprised.....

....that no one has mentioned Katanagatari yet.

If anything, that goes at the top of the list.

For those who haven't seen it, I recommend you do.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.

02-22-12, 4:14 AM

School Days…. When you watch the first 4 episode it seems like normal school life/romance anime, then when the protagonist start 2 timing…. Well the plot turns realyyyyyy bad.

02-26-12, 6:36 PM

I find that this kind of stuff is going on in Guilty Crown, if anyone is keeping track of the show. But now its just rolling down a hill sorta.

02-26-12, 8:18 PM

Baman said:
It's okay if it makes sense. Even if it is a total surprise, as long as it doesn't feel completely random and unnatural.
But when it doesn't it's just retarded. That's one of the reasons why I disliked Clannad AS after ep 16 or 17 or whenever.

How doesn't it make sense if

I can't help but think that your reason of disliking Clannad~AS~ is because of your preference of storyline.
Modified by AirStyles, 02-26-12, 8:28 PM

02-26-12, 9:36 PM

Tachii said:
I HATE when this happens, especially if the entire show went on with nothing really ever going terrible wrong, then BAM, fucking hit by a truck. Dies.

School Days. Went from meh-ing the show to hate it.

02-26-12, 9:51 PM

One Piece. Ace.

02-27-12, 1:59 PM

AirStyles said:
How doesn't it make sense if

I can't help but think that your reason of disliking Clannad~AS~ is because of your preference of storyline.
That wasn't anywhere near enough to hint at such a random twist in my book, sorry. And even if it was, it would still be a terrible, terrible, terrible twist. Same shit happened in Mai Hime, and while it was a lot more plausible there (the whole show being about magical monsters and whatnot), that didn't make it any less terrible.

So yea, I prefer stories without these kind of crappy low-level twists. If they're going to pull a deus ex machina, they should at least try to camouflage it and fit it into the story a bit better, and not...

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

02-27-12, 5:33 PM

Another episode 8.

Classic beach episode ends badly for one kid.

02-27-12, 5:34 PM

Gogetters said:
Another episode 8.

Classic beach episode ends badly for one kid.
i was about to come in and say this.....i thought it had a nice boat, it had a really nice motor as well.
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

02-27-12, 5:53 PM

02-27-12, 6:10 PM

kain361 said:
that ending BROKE me. only 2 shows have ever been so sad that i cant hold in my tears, tokyo magnitude was 1 of them. ending gets me every time, ecpecially when they do the slideshow
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

02-27-12, 6:13 PM

Baman said:
So yea, I prefer stories without these kind of crappy low-level twists. If they're going to pull a deus ex machina, they should at least try to camouflage it and fit it into the story a bit better, and not...
Thing is, I remember Akio mentioned something when Nagisa was young and got very sick. I don't remember if he mentioned anything about orbs though. There was this whole other business with the other world and stuff... which I didn't pay much attention on.

Regardless if these dragonballs were hinted at or not, the very essence of the idea is ridiculous.

02-27-12, 6:14 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
kain361 said:
that ending BROKE me. only 2 shows have ever been so sad that i cant hold in my tears, tokyo magnitude was 1 of them. ending gets me every time, ecpecially when they do the slideshow

Though I must admit that the strongest impact was...don't ask me why I still didn't figure it out, though somehow it managed to beat up even Clannad.

02-28-12, 2:02 AM

Depends of how well it is excuted.
Life takes on a neat simplicity. Time ceases to have any meaning. When it is dark, you go to bed, and when it is light again you get up, and everything in between is just in between. It’s quite wonderful, really.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices