Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 16, 2012 8:37 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was fine. The biggest discovery is not the tentacle shit because it was disappointing. It did not have spice let’s see no Asia nudity around that part and worst of all towards the director the following in the spoiler
WTF were they thinking of Koneko fan service at that part. Well just underwear/bra but not enough IMO needs more. So the GTFO is for the staff to move their asses in showing Koneko fan service. She is the only one in need of it. There is none of her so far. Bare breasts where? Nipples of her where?

Other than that the volleyball match was interesting mainly due to Rias burning one girl and her clothing coming off. The tennis match on the other hand was most likely popular for the panties hosts and up close of them.

I got to admit that Asia had gut to heal Issei around his dick. That takes guts in front of people seriously.

That guy with the red cap in the following,

I S-W-E-A-R MC of Pokemon at 40 years old! Straight up!
They forgot to give him some poke-balls. That’s the first impression I got from him.

Remarkable that Issei can change from one face to another when the girl turns from nice to nasty really.

What was the most interesting around the slime part is finding a Electrical Dragon in the following,

Capable of doing electrical magic like Akeno.
The comedy was great to see Issei being electrocuted by it.

About the preview, actually there will be fan service of Koneko (NSFW):
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2015/b7bb2882.jpg
As well of Asia (NSFW):
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2015/d37c2831.jpg
It may be indeed too much. Phenix will be there finally at least. May edit later if time allows.
Yumekichi11Feb 16, 2012 10:34 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 16, 2012 9:25 PM

Nov 2008
Sprite dragon is adorable and is fond of Asia but comically shocks Issei Ash style and was the cause of the tentacle acid slime. No Toujou nudity is a big disappointment the slime should have eaten away through her bra like everyone else. The volleyball match was great, Issei getting struck in his weak spot is lol and man does he squirm like a typical harem protagonist, oh god just be a man let Asia heal your dick, she's pretty brave to do that considering her nature and her ass moving while doing so is nice.

I loled when Toujou stretched Issei in an uncomfortable position for his Akeno x Asia yuri fantasy.

Any theories on why Toujou doesn't get much nudity at all?

Feb 16, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
Introducing Tsukaima.

Student council people are here, and they are another loyal family of demon!!

Battle for Tsukaima. To tennis between leaders. Then there's no result until that's broken.

New body for senpai?

Dotchballs instead. The imagination during the training lol~ HE can do something decent!

There's no missing of fanservices and magic during the match: especially two pawns getting hit on the important point..., and tsukaima hunting: Tsukaima master looks like a normal ecchi old man. Undine is really different from what the guy imagined, because of being strong. Release of acid water = tentacles?? Sprite Dragon killing them and became the sister's tsukaima instead. "Rassei" lol~

Wait, next ep. is too much!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 16, 2012 11:03 PM

Feb 2009
That Saji looks like Akihisa from BakaTest and one of Kaichou's followers kinda looks like Caren from F/HA >_>
They really shouldn't have animated the first half of this show this soon. This is suppose to be in volume 3 and it's a part of Kiba's story there. Also, it was much hilarious in there in that the opposing team(not the Council) are just aiming at Issei coz they can't hit the other members as they're the idols of the school.
At least they mentioned the Rating Game(finally).

Second half is I heard in the vol 8 sidestory.
Gotta give credit to the seiyuus for their performance here. I was pretty much embarrassed hearing them moan. Delicious service is delicious though. And a familiar for Asia? Okay...

Fuck yeah Raiser in the preview. Finally.
And before you react about Rias' last statement, I just want to say
Feb 17, 2012 1:32 AM

Dec 2011
This anime needs more attention, i think its great :)

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Feb 17, 2012 3:30 AM

Jul 2010
lol at Pokemon references.

At least Koneko will finally get topless next episode.
Feb 17, 2012 3:40 AM

Dec 2011
Koneko topless in next episode ...

Damn now I wanna watch raw just to confirm that....

But I will wait for subbed....
Feb 17, 2012 6:36 AM
Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

They forgot to give him some poke-balls. That’s the first impression I got from him.

Now we know what happens to Ash 30 years after he became a pokemon master. rofl
Feb 17, 2012 6:52 AM

Nov 2008
akutasame94 said:
Koneko topless in next episode ...

Damn now I wanna watch raw just to confirm that....

But I will wait for subbed....

Finally, I get to see Toujou's deliciously flat chest nude.

Feb 17, 2012 7:11 AM

Oct 2011
loled @ this

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Feb 17, 2012 8:06 AM

Feb 2012
The key sentence in the preview was obviously "Please accept my virginity" xD
I see lots of Fan Service incoming, , it will definately be amazing even if

Hope they do the scene similar to the Manga or even better!

belatkuro said:

They really shouldn't have animated the first half of this show this soon. This is suppose to be in volume 3 and it's a part of Kiba's story there. Also, it was much hilarious in there in that the opposing team(not the Council) are just aiming at Issei coz they can't hit the other members as they're the idols of the school.

Gotta agree with u on that.
I dont get why they use stuff of volume 8 so early -
Hope its not just to add some good scenes into the anime before they "cancel" it after 12 episodes.
I wish for more seasons! qq
Cynic1Feb 17, 2012 8:12 AM
Feb 17, 2012 8:47 AM

Aug 2010
Good nudity, lol

This show is my guilty pleasure but it is still one of the better ones this season.
Feb 17, 2012 9:29 AM

Apr 2011
I burst out laughing, when Issei, and Saji-kun got hit to the balls by a dodgeball! XD
MagitoFeb 17, 2012 11:16 AM
Feb 17, 2012 9:49 AM
Dec 2011
When the episodes that are supposed to be crap (6 and 7) are still quite entertaining, then these guys are doing a good job with this series! I am currently following 6 anime this season and it's down to either this one or Nisemonogatari as to which I look forward to the most!
The fanservice in this series is over the top, but it's funny as hell, well animated, and the story is quite entertaining thus far!

PS the best oppai are Koneko's and Asia's, I'd take realistically proportioned over exaggerated 1980's implants anyday!
Feb 17, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man that little dragon is so cute.
Feb 17, 2012 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
pilipino101 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Now we know what happens to Ash 30 years after he became a pokemon master. rofl
Exactly the point of it all. Now we know in DxD world. It's mainly the red hat man.
Cynic1 said:
The key sentence in the preview was obviously "Please accept my virginity" xD
I see lots of Fan Service incoming, , it will definitely be amazing even if
I think they should FUCK the fan service and concentrate more on the emotional side. Not fail like they did with Asia. The reason for this is that it's supposed to be more emotional than fan service same with Asia's part hence why it failed with the fan service. The emotional trampled over it so it kind of cancelled out each other. However with that part it should not since both are of lust so IMO fan will rage if they see not the emotional impact they want. This is super duper upper important part that needs to be emotional not fan service.

That does not mean some is not good but don't fuck up like with the Asia part is all I am saying. This is really big for Rias x Issei.
Cynic1 said:
belatkuro said:

Gotta agree with u on that.
I don’t get why they use stuff of volume 8 so early -
Hope its not just to add some good scenes into the anime before they "cancel" it after 12 episodes.
I wish for more seasons! qq
I think there is nothing to think about other than me grinding my time on it. I came to the conclusion that it was for character development only. To get more acquainted with characters . There is no other reason really that I though of, that is the only reason I came up with.
Yumekichi11Feb 17, 2012 12:19 PM

Feb 17, 2012 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
The slime scene was the best.
Feb 17, 2012 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
The part where Saji got hit in the nuts by Koneko's throw was the most hilarious thing I've seen in years!

This episode deserves a 5/5 just for that lol.
Feb 17, 2012 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
lol slime should have been his pet , that would have worked out quite nicely i think :3
Feb 17, 2012 3:22 PM
Feb 2012
Awww... I was hoping for a madly dragon boosted dodgeball throw from Issei that brings down the house :/
Meh... he got served by Asia, thats fine too
Feb 17, 2012 4:27 PM
Aug 2010
High School DXD goes POKEMON collecting!

Meh, it was a slightly better episode than last week, but still not great.

Also, LOL @ the preview!

Yeah, like we're actually going to see Rias lose her virginity....this anime is just a huge tease.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE RIAS, but obviously nothing is going to happen.

She's already one of my favorite red haired characters of all times....only because I don't really like Yoko.
Feb 17, 2012 4:29 PM

May 2011
Well that slime was interesting
Feb 17, 2012 4:30 PM

Nov 2009
As I've said on many episodes before....

NEEDS MOAR KONEKO!!! <3!!
Feb 17, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
I already HATE that dragon! I want it to die already! Right now! ><
Feb 17, 2012 5:10 PM
Aug 2010
Tzu said:
The slime was WIN!

It's too bad it couldn't become a familiar.

Riptos said:
NEEDS MOAR KONEKO!!! <3!!
YES!

Definitely more Koneko...what a great Loli she is.

waalex11 said:
Why?

The dragon is cute, and besides the MC deserves it....he's a fucking moron!
Feb 17, 2012 5:24 PM
Mar 2009
ichigo03 said:
Tzu said:
The slime was WIN!

It's too bad it couldn't become a familiar.

Yes, but, I hope it comes back next month.

After all, that would be an awesome familiar... besides the ecchi stuff, it could also be used to blind enemies, as it seemed to be doing to two of the guys....
Feb 17, 2012 5:27 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

I understand what u mean , but while i was watching Episode5?, i really didnt care about Asia ( i hate the type of characters she represents) , and i just wanted to see how he would punch that fallen angel and see Rias again xD
Especially when i discover a new amazing character ( Rias) that i like, everything else doesnt really bother me that much

At the end of episode 6? Rias hugged Issei and it was quite emotional
At least i dont remember seeing any fan service in that scene.

waalex11 said:

I was thinking the same way, when they introduced Asia >.<
Cynic1Feb 17, 2012 5:31 PM
Feb 17, 2012 5:55 PM

May 2011
Ah, Issei, YOU DAMN LUCKY BASTARD!!
And that old guy remains me of Pokemon, but in ugly way! XDD
Feb 17, 2012 6:46 PM
Jun 2008
so this week ep we had

claim pet to challenge the council to tennis & best "tennis" ever better than prince of tennis yea so worth yea pantsu of tennis.
so draw here come demon dodgeball & ow poor issei's "lil jimmy" got a hurt & rias group won.
onward to pet having yea turned pokemon like anyone?
more brain bleach again due to "WHAT" in the water.
& yet i mention let there be slime YES YES YES indeed melt & it all issei like.
but NO SLIME FOR YOU & nun get electric dragon.
poor issei get fried by dragon.

next ep oh some guy & virgin rias?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 17, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
and this is why we shouldn't play dodgeball with chicks since we have such a major weakness!..was funny could had done without the lime but it was expected so no surprise here.
Feb 17, 2012 8:01 PM

Oct 2010
Cynic1 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I understand what u mean , but while i was watching Episode5?, i really didnt care about Asia ( i hate the type of characters she represents) , and i just wanted to see how he would punch that fallen angel and see Rias again xD
Especially when i discover a new amazing character ( Rias) that i like, everything else doesnt really bother me that much
I tend to do the same in my own way but in general drama + fan service does not work out for most people that cannot do what we do our have no methods like that. Viewing can be prefected to void out some elements.
Cynic1 said:
At the end of episode 6? Rias hugged Issei and it was quite emotional
At least i dont remember seeing any fan service in that scene.
That was the only one that was done fine.

Feb 17, 2012 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
Seriously, killing slimes? OVER THE LINE!

Well, at least Issei confirmed for impeccable taste for pets and probably the best male character this season.
Feb 17, 2012 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode, and it seems the Harem King arc starts next

So i'm guessing Rias last line in the preview was because she wanted to stay with Issei instead of going with the Harem King? i wouldn't be surprised since they foreshadowed marriage before so something like a forced engagement seems likely.

Well it wouldn't be a bad way to go with the series, Issei fights to stop engagement, beats Harem king, increases his own harem in the process, and ships Issei and Rias for a possible season 2.
Feb 17, 2012 9:20 PM

Feb 2012
In my own opinion, I think this series SHOULD/MUST have 24 or 25 episodes considering the fact that it has 10+ volumes and still counting. I mean, seriously, 12 eps won't be even close enough to show all the details in the manga/novel in my opinion unless if a sequel is to be planned or approved after the airing period of dxd. I'm really hoping for a second season or an extension of about 4 or 5 episodes. T_T

Well, let's move on to the episode, The 7th episode was a WIN. lol All the ingredients were there. I will not say anything in this one. It was really awesome and perfect for some reason. If i were issei, I should've caught the slime so that his goals will be somewhat achieved :3 lol XD Oh, another thing is when Asia healed Issei's LOL Asia has the guts to do it and so is Issei LOL
Feb 17, 2012 9:27 PM
Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
Well, at least Issei confirmed for impeccable taste for pets and probably the best male character this season.

LOL, the MC for this anime is just another generic harem protagonist.

Don't get me wrong, this anime has tons of quality ecchi, but Issei is a huge disappointment.

A much better male character this season: Araragi Koyomi (Nisemonogatari)
Feb 17, 2012 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:

Don't get me wrong, this anime has tons of quality ecchi, but Issei is a huge disappointment.

c'mon you can't compare anyone to Araragi-kun this season.
Feb 17, 2012 10:04 PM

Apr 2008
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:

Tech he doesn't count. He came into existence with Bakemonogatari
Feb 17, 2012 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
katsu044 said:

Implying being generic is bad.

katsu044 said:
but Issei is a huge disappointment.

Cool, opinion bro.
Feb 17, 2012 11:08 PM
Aug 2010
katsu044 said:
c'mon you can't compare anyone to Araragi-kun this season.

Yeah I know, it's like comparing a minor league team to a major league team.

Actually, no that's too much credit to Issei, it's like comparing regular drivers to Formula 1.

Yeah, that's better :D

Darklight0303 said:
Tech he doesn't count. He came into existence with Bakemonogatari

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but it's a brand new season, and we haven't seen him since 2009.

Anyways, there's also Yuuta from PapaKiki, I think he's a pretty good male character this season, definitely a class act.

-Quasar said:

It's NOT bad, I don't mind generic harem anime, in fact I always manage to watch one or two EVERY season.

I just wish the MCs would all stop acting the same way.

For example Keima from TWGOK anime....Ok, that anime isn't so generic, but that was one of the very few anime where the male protagonist is much better than all the females.

We need more Keima-like characters in anime!
Feb 17, 2012 11:46 PM

Jun 2009
ichigo03 said:
For example Keima from TWGOK anime....Ok, that anime isn't so generic, but that was one of the very few anime where the male protagonist is much better than all the females.

We need more Keima-like characters in anime!

Keima is an unfair comparison to anyone in the line of harem comedy.

ichigo03 said:
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but it's a brand new season, and we haven't seen him since 2009.

Anyways, there's also Yuuta from PapaKiki, I think he's a pretty good male character this season, definitely a class act.

Yuuta is boring. I agree he's a good and dependable guy but he's not entertaining as an MC.
-QuasarFeb 17, 2012 11:50 PM
Feb 17, 2012 11:50 PM

Apr 2011
Through the whole episode I constantly had a grin on my face...
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Feb 18, 2012 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
-Quasar said:
katsu044 said:

katsu044 said:
but Issei is a huge disappointment.

Cool, opinion bro.

did not say any of this ^^ lol..
Feb 18, 2012 1:18 AM

Jun 2010
Rias <3

I loled hard when I saw that Pet Master. Old Ash hahaha.
Feb 18, 2012 2:48 AM

Nov 2010
Im enjoying this anime but the main characters level of perversion is finally starting to annoy me. i mean i could handle it at first but damn this is just getting ridiculous. or maybe its that stupid face he always makes when he thinks of perverted stuff thats annoying me.
Feb 18, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
Fuzzx said:
Im enjoying this anime but the main characters level of perversion is finally starting to annoy me. i mean i could handle it at first but damn this is just getting ridiculous. or maybe its that stupid face he always makes when he thinks of perverted stuff thats annoying me.

I vote for the face. He's way more bearable in the novel to me.
Feb 18, 2012 3:05 AM

Feb 2009
He actually looks a bit better here than in the novel illustrations imo.
His normal face. His perverted face is beyond salvation.
Feb 18, 2012 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
we were talking about the perv face :P
Feb 18, 2012 3:42 AM

Dec 2011
I CHOOSE YOU, PIKACHU!

*USE THUNDERSHOCK!*
Feb 18, 2012 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
A bit boring episode really, just felt over the top and ridiculous, especially that last pet part -.-'

waalex11 said:
Agreed, hope we get to see very little to none of those "pets" in the future.

Also very disappointed by the fact we didn't get any real Koneko service so really looking forward to the next episode (^.^)
Feb 18, 2012 4:48 AM

Jul 2010
Well if that wasn't a "fired up" match of dodgeball I don't know what is.

That pet master was such an obvious jab at Pokémon; "Getto da ze!". That Sprite dragon was so awesome looking. And what is an ecchi series without clothes devouring slime? Of course Issei instantly decided it would be his pet! Good thing the dragon interfered. Spyro is awesome. Shame for Issei though, because Asia got it. Curious what Issei's pet will be. xD

Looks like Rias can't wait to "reproduce" in the name of the Gremory clan next episode. What's that all about?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 5, 2012

270 by CannedTea »»
Mar 7, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.