Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2012 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shu got the void of the people who went against the order. Saying that it's for their sake to be saved fast.

Inori remembering about her attack to the class rep., who is being afraid and hiding in her room. She got caught for calling on the phone.

Everyone's being mad about the post about the void's secret, by the class rep, who told the betrayal friend about the attack.

Inori confessed to Shu about her action, which she said she's done without her conscious. He's protecting her and not trusting him.

Class rep. is fighting against Shu in secret.

With the mission, and a trap to get real Shu. Inori, too, getting caught. What?? Gai!! He obtained Shu's power by hurting his right hand.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 16, 2012 8:40 AM

Jul 2010

wtf
5/5 9/10
Feb 16, 2012 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
Now that was hilarious.
Feb 16, 2012 8:58 AM
Dec 2010
Shu/Inori(Mana?) vs Everyone
Feb 16, 2012 9:00 AM
Aug 2011
THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT ARM...

ALPHA TO BETA TO ALPHA!!!

Well we all knew gai's gonna do something bad to shoe but cutting the right hand?! I can't believe I'm watching noitamina.(It used to show innocent josei shows...)

P.S. When someone is calling buchou, I thought it's vibrator...
Feb 16, 2012 9:53 AM
Feb 2012
Wow, fucking wow. Mind -> blown. nothing more to say for now...
10/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 16, 2012 10:09 AM

Feb 2012
YAAAAAYYYYYY! Oh YES! While I didn't really think this was a good episode, the ending where that piece of shit Shu got what he deserved was just awesome. I actually don't want him to die. I want him to live like that with his stabbed 1-D girlfriend. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, and Arisa turns into a slut. Why the creators couldn't keep her likable, I don't know. Why this development just came out now? I don't know.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 16, 2012 10:18 AM

Nov 2010
The overall episode was good but Arisa's act of desperation left a bad aftertaste on my mouth. Arisa was the only likable character on this series in my watch but too bad the writers couldn't think of another way of making her plan come to fruition without selling herself though. /sigh
Feb 16, 2012 10:21 AM

Jul 2011
HOLY SHIT great episode 4/5 even though it was mind blowing and had so much wtf-ness

arisa took down shu but turned into a total whore by having sex to get her way, souta hates shu now and is a total prick, inori is turning into mana and Gai is back but shit he cut off shu's freakin arm and took his powers

i must say even though a lot of people hate shu, i felt really sorry for him at the end where he was betrayed by everyone even though he helped them and had his arm cut off, it was saddening, i have no idea whats gonna happen now they finally decided to bomb the place so no survivors

i hope shu gets his powers back, and i hope this anime gets a happy ending unless it gets a season 2
Feb 16, 2012 10:25 AM

Oct 2010
Holy shit I am shakingh in my booties. Shu got his arm cut off and Gai took his powers? Holy shit! That is the best twist that ever happened in this series.

Did Arisa fuck with the Namba guy? It was not shown but clearly a few times she was naked and all, so WTF was going on there? It's not clear but it looks like they did have sex, anyone else thinks so?

If it was known Arisa would betray Shu and all, Inori should have killed her. Girl become from respect to a fucking bitch whore. I am sorry she really did lose my respect in all this I am sure she planned shit with the glass guy. May edit later.
Flawfinder said:
Oh, and Arisa turns into a slut. Why the creators couldn't keep her likable, I don't know. Why this development just came out now? I don't know.
So she did fuck that shit head? Fuck Arisa man, I knew she would fall down the dark road sometime. There was something bitchy about her from the start just her nice side was cool to fool my wits. Damn skank of her.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 16, 2012 10:26 AM
Oct 2010
I can't understand shu getting all the hate even when he was risking their lives he said " I need to do this so one else has to die" or something along those lines

For saving them his reward is guns aimed at him his girl stabbed and his arm chopped off and being pushed into a ditch

The way they went about their betrayal sucked the most they waited until shu did all the hard work then betrayed him do they seriously think they would make it outside without him?
Feb 16, 2012 10:32 AM

Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Holy shit I am shakingh in my booties. Shu got his arm cut off and Gai took his powers? Holy shit! That is the best twist that ever happened in this series.

Did Arisa fuck with the Namba guy? It was not shown but clearly a few times she was naked and all, so WTF was going on there? It's not clear but it looks like they did have sex, anyone else thinks so?

If it was known Arisa would betray Shu and all, Inori should have killed her. Girl become from respect to a fucking bitch whore. I am sorry she really did lose my respect in all this I am sure she planned shit with the glass guy. May edit later.

inori was right, she knew she would become a danger to shu so she wanted to kill her before she succeeded in her coup de tat but she stopped midway realizing that she is not herself

yea she offered him sex in exchange for him helping her, she became a total whore which i didn't really like in this episode i was like "Oh how the mighty have fallen"
Feb 16, 2012 10:32 AM

Oct 2010
denero1 said:
I can't understand Shu getting all the hate even when he was risking their lives he said " I need to do this so one else has to die" or something along those lines
I know! I KNOW! Guy please, Shu by himself did a whole freaking mission destruction. The other were at most aides or decoys. The Man Did A Mission Alone! He accomplished all the way what he sought. What else is there in evolve that he did succeed at something he set out to do. Right?
denero1 said:
For saving them his reward is guns aimed at him his girl stabbed and his arm chopped off and being pushed into a ditch
Yeah the classical all is gone and yourself. A come back is in hand.
denero1 said:
The way they went about their betrayal sucked the most they waited until Shu did all the hard work then betrayed him do they seriously think they would make it outside without him?
Arugo/Glass Guy with his friend/Souta/Arisa all freaking planned this. I suspect Arugo had the insight.

Feb 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Jul 2011
denero1 said:
I can't understand shu getting all the hate even when he was risking their lives he said " I need to do this so one else has to die" or something along those lines

The way they went about their betrayal sucked the most they waited until shu did all the hard work then betrayed him do they seriously think they would make it outside without him?

i agree, he did what he did to save them but he got fuck all for doing it
Feb 16, 2012 10:35 AM
Feb 16, 2012 10:35 AM

Feb 2008
Total foreshadowing in the OP. Also they changed it up a bit. Now the holding arm while Shu is kneeling makes sense. The Glowy right arm is coming.
Feb 16, 2012 10:37 AM

Oct 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Holy shit I am shaking in my booties. Shu got his arm cut off and Gai took his powers? Holy shit! That is the best twist that ever happened in this series.

Inori was right, she knew she would become a danger to Shu so she wanted to kill her before she succeeded in her coup de tat but she stopped midway realizing that she is not herself
Damn right, Inori...I am happy to have her avatar that I have know. It makes me feel better about Arisa being hurt.
kamikaze_1996 said:
yea she offered him sex in exchange for him helping her, she became a total whore which i didn't really like in this episode i was like "Oh how the mighty have fallen"
Yeah and you know what? She gived her virginity to that guy, right? Then she fucked up the marriage her father arranged. You think the guy will want her if he is one of those guys that only take pure girls? No way, the guy the moment he finds he as a slut might not take her. This is all assumed but she may have screwed a marriage like that and IRL there are some people like that. As in "You are not a virgin so the wedding is off"

That being said Arisa has been disgraced due to her own fear and paranoia. Very disappointing considering we all though she was strong. Looks like it was all a fake upfront that got crushed rather fast from real to totally deluding.

Feb 16, 2012 10:40 AM
Aug 2011
Was not expecting Shu to get his arm cut off and for Arisa to have sex with that nobody.
Feb 16, 2012 10:40 AM

Oct 2011
MindBlown WTF 0 [] 0
Feb 16, 2012 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
parfaited said:
Was not expecting Shu to get his arm cut off and for Arisa to have sex with that nobody.

Wasn't even once. It was at least twice.
Feb 16, 2012 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
NikuiKira12 said:
Ep 18 preview :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3051660563276
I checked it out. Bad news! The Satellite is back again. That shit is dangerous. Looks Arugo might not be so guilty as I though since he looks like he might helping Shu in the PV. Furthermore there looks to another nice scenery of Shu x Inori, now how will she create the miracle to put back Shu in the right track?
kayos90 said:
parfaited said:
It was many times indeed. Looks like Arisa got addicted to sex. Must have been a virgin. Stupid girl fucked up big time.

Feb 16, 2012 10:47 AM

Feb 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
NikuiKira12 said:

I checked it out. Bad news! The Satellite is back again. That shit is dangerous. Looks Arugo might not be so guilty as I though since he looks like he might helping Shu in the PV. Furthermore there looks to another nice scenery of Shu x Inori, now how will she create the miracle to put back Shu in the right track?
kayos90 said:
parfaited said:
It was many times indeed. Looks like Arisa got addicted to sex. Must have been a virgin. Stupid girl fucked up big time.

In all honesty, I don't hate her for what she did. There were so many factors that I'm sure it's not uncommon what she did. She was attacked by Inori and assumed that it was Shu who sent her. She saw that people die from having their Voids destroyed. Shu was becoming a tyrant. Shu and group were keeping secrets. She wanted revenge. There are a lot of factors. In her situation she wanted to get payback and wanted some satisfaction kicking Shu's ass.
Feb 16, 2012 10:50 AM
Jan 2012
I just can't stand the idea where everyone turns their blame on one person, sure Shu was acting like a tyrant however it is only because of him they are still alive. The students their own choices, I doubt he would chase after people who ran away. And Souta how could he push him down the slope like that, of all people he should be the most understanding of Shu's pain since his stupidity is the cause of it. Souta owes his life to Shu, yet all he continues to care about is his survival.

I do however like the plot twists especially at the end with Gai chopping his arm, but how is he going to fight now? Is he going to have his arm replaced or is he going to get another king's seal? He may or may not get a new power I suppose and continue on powerless.
Feb 16, 2012 10:52 AM

Feb 2008
CCKM said:
I just can't stand the idea where everyone turns their blame on one person, sure Shu was acting like a tyrant however it is only because of him they are still alive. The students their own choices, I doubt he would chase after people who ran away. And Souta how could he push him down the slope like that, of all people he should be the most understanding of Shu's pain since his stupidity is the cause of it. Souta owes his life to Shu, yet all he continues to care about is his survival.

I do however like the plot twists especially at the end with Gai chopping his arm, but how is he going to fight now? Is he going to have his arm replaced or is he going to get another king's seal? He may or may not get a new power I suppose and continue on powerless.

Watch the OP. There's a bit of foreshadowing there. Also, what everyone did makes sense and is understandable. People are instinctively selfish in a way. They all want satisfaction from payback/revenge against Shu. As for Souta, he had already snapped.
Feb 16, 2012 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
holy crap IT IS EXACTLY LIKE THE OP i knew this before but i only noticed shu wearing his overcoat and scarf and inori's dress, i never took notice of that moment in the op where shu is holding his arm about to be crystallized until inori holds him and he breaks free, and then he raises his glowing arm

dam i cant wait for the next episode
Feb 16, 2012 10:53 AM

Oct 2010
kayos90 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
NikuiKira12 said:

kayos90 said:
parfaited said:

In all honesty, I don't hate her for what she did. There were so many factors that I'm sure it's not uncommon what she did. She was attacked by Inori and assumed that it was Shu who sent her. She saw that people die from having their Voids destroyed. Shu was becoming a tyrant. Shu and group were keeping secrets. She wanted revenge. There are a lot of factors. In her situation she wanted to get payback and wanted some satisfaction kicking Shu's ass.
Yeah but I do have a good reason to hate her for ruining her future life though. In any case sure I agreed with factors you mention but that still does not excuse her from being fragile when she is supposed to be super strong leader from how she used to be. Guess her weakness disappoints me and fuels my hatred towards her now.

What she did is kind of typical of Lady Assassin. See Asian movie "Naked Weapon" to know more of that.

I just got it, it was more the fact of Arisa that handled her situation poorly whereas instead of having sex and all she should have pulled herself together, go to Shu and tell him of Inori as well as what happened. That's what! Though just stormed into brain.
Yumekichi11Feb 16, 2012 11:07 AM

Feb 16, 2012 10:57 AM

Feb 2008
It makes me sad that it took 14 or 15 episodes to get good. *sigh*.
Feb 16, 2012 11:02 AM

Jul 2011
i dont hate arisa for what she did, im just disappointed at what she became, someone who had to sell her body to get what she wanted,

also arisa turned everyone against him, they were all living in tough conditions and they needed someone to blame for their problems which was shu, ironic because shu was doing all he could for them and was the reason they are alive, its sad how shu was then pushed down into a pit and tsugumi and arugo let it happen, i knew he was becoming a tyrant but he gave them a way of escaping and gave them freedom, he wouldn't need to be so cruel anymore,

it seems inori is the only one who was on shu's side the whole way through, and i kinda respect her for that
Feb 16, 2012 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
kayos90 said:
Total foreshadowing in the OP. Also they changed it up a bit. Now the holding arm while Shu is kneeling makes sense. The Glowy right arm is coming.

Shit son, Shu's gonna become overpowered with that.
kayos90 said:
parfaited said:

First time I didn't want to believe it, but after that scence i guess i couldn't deny it any longer
Feb 16, 2012 11:04 AM
Jan 2012
kayos90 said:
CCKM said:

Watch the OP. There's a bit of foreshadowing there. Also, what everyone did makes sense and is understandable. People are instinctively selfish in a way. They all want satisfaction from payback/revenge against Shu. As for Souta, he had already snapped.

I don't know, I didn't actually expect Gai to just cut off his arm like that. I thought he would either have something important to say or would just kill him, regardless of being the main character (of course they would continue on). The betrayal was very predictable, however don't you just get sick of seeing the pathetic side of human nature all time (I don't know if this is just me, but I have seen this many times). I would very much prefer seeing more of the evil Kira from death note exemplars, which to me isn't the sort of pathetic nature the students show.
CCKMFeb 16, 2012 11:07 AM
Feb 16, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2008
CCKM said:
kayos90 said:
CCKM said:

I don't know, I didn't actually expect Gai to just cut off his arm like that. I thought he would either have something important to say or would just kill him, regardless of being the main character (of course they would continue on). They betrayal was very predictable, however don't you just get sick of seeing the pathetic side of human nature all the times (I don't know if this is it is just me, but I see this all the time). I would very much prefer seeing more of the evil Kira from death note exemplars, which to me isn't the sort of pathetic nature the students show.

Gai is the type of "Just as Planned" guy. Pun intended. If he really wanted to kill Shu I'm sure he would've done it. Knowing Gai, it's all part of his plan so he can die for good and is trying to make Shu stronger or some crap. Wouldn't be surprised at all.
Feb 16, 2012 11:10 AM
Jan 2012
kayos90 said:
CCKM said:
kayos90 said:
CCKM said:

I don't know, I didn't actually expect Gai to just cut off his arm like that. I thought he would either have something important to say or would just kill him, regardless of being the main character (of course they would continue on). They betrayal was very predictable, however don't you just get sick of seeing the pathetic side of human nature all the times (I don't know if this is it is just me, but I see this all the time). I would very much prefer seeing more of the evil Kira from death note exemplars, which to me isn't the sort of pathetic nature the students show.

Gai is the type of "Just as Planned" guy. Pun intended. If he really wanted to kill Shu I'm sure he would've done it. Knowing Gai, it's all part of his plan so he can die for good and is trying to make Shu stronger or some crap. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

But don't you think he is controlled in some way? I mean the other side brought him back from a near death state not without purpose.
Feb 16, 2012 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
Shuuuuuuu, just when I started to like him ; A ; In other news dawww those Shu x Inori moments, me gusta~<3

This ep was a total mindfuck, now waiting for next ep.
Feb 16, 2012 11:17 AM
Mar 2011
Can't say anything.

My world is broken and...
Inori...Shu....

Speechless

Feb 16, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Wow this was really unexpected...
I mean this series showed me already some crazy things but that was the most mindfucking plot-twist you can think of!

Gai is back with white hair and badass outfit (looks like Espada uniform from Bleach...)
Inori got stabbed badly but doesn't seem to be really injured. In the end Inori is the one supporting Shu the most.

Wow i'm really speechless...that arm

Curse those who have dropped this some time ago :P

5/5

Feb 16, 2012 11:42 AM

May 2009
Only Inori left for Shu

OTP Strong
Feb 16, 2012 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
5 episodes till end...

Shu what is wrong with you?!
Yahiro, hate him more and more...
Inori, wtf? O.o
Arisa you ****
Souta I have no words to describe him...
All against one... :/
Gai clone! Gai clone! (and Yuuichi) Okaeri *.*
I prefer real Gai, but clone seems cool :D
Let's wait for next ep!
Shu's hand! OMG! What next? O.o

Overall: asdfghjkl
Feb 16, 2012 11:46 AM

Jul 2011
I know that Shu was acting like a tyrant but I feel sorry for him. :/
Feb 16, 2012 11:48 AM

Feb 2008
EdenBaggins said:
I know that Shu was acting like a tyrant but I feel sorry for him. :/

Same. I'm a fan of act like a jerk but is thinking about the people in shows like these. With the exception of Light. That's messed up.
Feb 16, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Things got out of control.... -.-
Feb 16, 2012 12:01 PM
Oct 2009
Good ep 5/5

cant wait for the next !

stupid school kids, they're all stupid
Feb 16, 2012 12:03 PM
Jan 2011
Ok, so for once we thought that the ex class rep is killed by Inori, but as it turned out she didn't, Man, this episode is full of betrayal from Nanba to Shu's enforcer and as for Shu.....tsk,tsk,tsk thing really gotten from bad to worse......for him that is.
Feb 16, 2012 12:07 PM

Feb 2009
I really love those Inori and Shu moments when they sit down with each other and the little light orbs float, it's so nice. I really can't wait for the next episode. I don't think it is fair that everyone turned on Shu, I don't see the reason why when they are out and it's the end that they would still want to turn on him. Even that girl shouted, "you think you can peak into my heart!" or something, but it's like lol, you joined the whole thing so you did give him the right.

Also Souta pushing him, I don't think he turned on him. I think he is just really out of it. He told himself, "I'm not wrong" but you could tell that he knew it was, he was infected, Hare died, Shu hated him, he is just really far gone.

I feel that Inori will help Shu, and I think it will be more in the way of Mana coming and helping Shu. Inori turned into Mana when she was going to kill Arisa, so I think Mana will come out again or something will happen to help Shu.

The only thing about this anime is I just do not see how it could end at all. When all is said and done, what can it go back to? I really don't see a happy ending but I love an anime that has an ending I can't predict, usually I can always call it around the last few episodes lol.
o genki desu ka
Feb 16, 2012 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Well, Shu got what was coming to him, but it still really sucks what happened. I guess you can say he should have learned something about leadership before he started acting like a dick just because he thought it was the only way.

Anyways, this show has gotten so much better.

Oh, and is this sort of a Star Wars reference just with the whole arm instead of just the hand?

Also, Shu should be thankful that at least Inori is sticking with him.
prismheartFeb 16, 2012 3:00 PM
Feb 16, 2012 12:11 PM
Dec 2011
finally they pulled the rug under Shu
The things that made this anime suck is Shu's facade of suddenly being a tyrant was a big fail and quite annoying to be honest.
The other thing is massive plot holes.

i hope souta dies and didn't the anti bodies revivev gai? I don't think Gai is gonna help them >_>
Feb 16, 2012 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
Well, It seems SHIT has got REALLY REAL?
While it was still half-assed few previous episodes. This time GC has brought some big guns
Highlight: Arisa turned slut and Gai's entrance with Shuu's power literally ripped off.

As for characters, This episode managed to turn LOVE to HATE and vice versa.

Shuu:
He was an asshole who get bashed
Now people will at least symphathize him.
And if he manage to rise again with some kickass power or some good mind, I might end up liking him.

Inori:
She was hated for going insane.
Now she is only one beside Shuu which is to be respected while there's no one on their side.
Not to mention character development that lets her have some expressions on her face now.

Yahiro:
He was acting as the manipulator all along and seems to be another asshole.
This time he turns out to be a good friend enough to confront Shuu when the latter is going wrong way.

Arisa:
She was getting loves and symphathy last episode.
Now she demolishes her reputation. I don't really hate her for what she did. But there's no way I'll like her anymore.

Gai:
It's complicated. He was.. maybe best friend of Shuu. And he kicks ass. And this and that.
Now he turns to another side. I still like him, especially his entrance. But he chopped Shuu's arm off. That's.. WOW.
I don't know if he will get hate for that, but for now, not from me.

I sure hope Shuu will make a dramatic comeback next episode. Because he surely will not get killed.
At his current state, getting killed sounds better than living with nothing.

AH... I wrote so long.
Feb 16, 2012 12:15 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Oh, and is this sort of a Star Wars reference just with the whole arm instead of just the hand?
YES! Simply and easily. Inori is that Princess from there easily. It looks loads of stuff may be from Star Wars setup in anime these days just that it's hard to prove it's taken from there.

Feb 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Dec 2011
Holy fucking shit.. Mind is blown.
I.. I got nothing to say.
Feb 16, 2012 12:24 PM

Jul 2009
Are we really suppose to belive that either main (Shu and Inori) are in any peril?
Not at this time frame anyway.

Feb 16, 2012 12:24 PM

Mar 2011
Gaah I really hate Yahiro, I feel like he brainwashes Shuu all the time and them he says Shuu went to far. D:<<< This episode was just pure mindfuck and I don't really get what the heck is going on. This anime makes me feel just depressed. It's not cool to have teens dying and killing each other all the time... .__.

The evil Gai looked so sexy, but WHAT THEY DID TO HIM? HE CUT SHUU'S ARM!
I really don't know what to wait for the next ep... .__.''
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.