Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kind of anticlimatic =/ oh well i was hoping for the national tournament to be better but it is good enough i guess.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 24, 2015 6:47 AM

Jun 2014
Everything went by in a flash. Too many superpowers in the end bullshit hindered my enjoyment at times.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 19, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Ryoma won by getting a DBZ-style power up in which even his hairstyle changes... I do like the bit about Tenimuhou being so something everyone has but forgets... That having fun is the most important and not to lose sight of that while pursuing victory... But kind of silly bringing that out in the last episode after the whole series was about trying to win.

Anyway, overall the OVAs were less than I'd hoped for, there was too much ~*~auras~*~ and power ups and battle of wills. They also stopped explaining the techniques which I always enjoyed and gave the tennis some semblance of realism. I felt like Ryoma won his matches because he was able to copy his opponents' techniques along with the ridiculous power ups which seems like a cop out to me. If I take this series to be a battle shounen though, I'd have to say Samurai Drive was a pretty cool move.

I think I only enjoyed some of the matches from the semifinals, and I liked Shitenhouji in general. The glimpses of backstory that we got on some of the players (Yukimura, Sanada, Tezuka) was nice but far too little.
Nov 28, 2017 1:38 PM
May 2015
This is the best episode in all of Prince of Tennis.
This is the best beach episode of any anime, ever.
Jun 26, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
Imagine being a referee in a match like this lmao.
Suddenly Echizen just not hearing or seeing anything anymore.

Honestly ... embrace the absurd powers, I'm all for it, this season was a massive improvement over the previous 2 seasons of the Nationals.
That smile of Echizen as he was getting lifted at the end was so cute.

9/10
Jul 12, 2023 10:07 PM
Jul 2023
Ryoma smiling is so cute

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 3 Discussion

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 6, 2008

14 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 6 Discussion

VK11 - Feb 5, 2009

16 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:05 PM

» Your thoughts

NekoZamurai - Dec 14, 2021

1 by Jsar0 »»
Jan 20, 2022 1:53 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 2 Discussion

Metro - Sep 28, 2008

20 by PrOxAnto »»
Jun 26, 2021 1:03 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 1 Discussion

Metro - Sep 28, 2008

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Jun 26, 2021 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.