Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 6, 2012 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
In real life,Vlad the III was indeed raped by the ottomans.
Jun 9, 2012 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
Pessoa said:
Great episode, 5/5

So Turks raped Vlad and he turned into a vampire. That is why I am against child abuse.

Yup. After getting out of Turkish imprisonment he got back home and impaled his foes (those that were responsible for his father and brother death) and let gravity rape them.

Also I find it funny that Alucard doesn't care for his looks. I saw on wiki that real Vlad used turkish uniforms for his army to infiltrate and attack. It was so good that Turks were killing themselves when Vlad army was long gone from the battlefield.

I love this show. So bloody good.

Should I read manga now after watching Anime and OVA or just skip it?
Jun 12, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2009
The fights were amazing! I feel this episode was not as good as previous ones, but it is still on very high standards! My favorite scene was the massacre of those two that went against Walter in the beginning, well despite the fact that that boy's face got blown off by the big gun bag guy before he even tried.

Even if Alucard feels like an unbeatable hellish entity, it still felt like he was in real danger at some points here, Walter was fucking badass.
Jun 14, 2012 6:38 PM

Jul 2009
Kinda disappointed that they didn't change Girlycard's voice ~_~
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 25, 2012 11:15 PM

Dec 2008
I think some mention should be made of Integra's hilariously badass entrance to the mobile Nazi HQ. I guess she is just carved out of stone though.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jun 26, 2012 6:50 PM

May 2008
fedaykin said:
I think some mention should be made of Integra's hilariously badass entrance to the mobile Nazi HQ. I guess she is just carved out of stone though.

Schrodinger went down quickly!
Jul 20, 2012 2:49 PM
Jan 2012
Loved the episode! Especially the part where Alucard was having flashbacks.

Hellsing Ultimate is brilliant, really glad I started watching it.

Can't freaking wait for OVA10!!
Jul 30, 2012 11:31 PM

Feb 2011
Good thing we get to see more of their past . The fight between Walter and Alucard was badasss . Now how I am supposed to wait until 10 will be released ? :(
Aug 14, 2012 10:47 PM

Aug 2010
5/5 the fight between Alucard and Walter was epic. It's the worst time I've seen Alucard get his ass kicked so bad.

We finally got to see a bit of Alucards past. I can't believe he was raped when he was a kid, reminds me of Guts.

Damn I wonder how long it will take for OVA 10 to come out.
Aug 15, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Ragna92 said:
5/5 the fight between Alucard and Walter was epic. It's the worst time I've seen Alucard get his ass kicked so bad.

We finally got to see a bit of Alucards past. I can't believe he was raped when he was a kid, reminds me of Guts.

Damn I wonder how long it will take for OVA 10 to come out.

Right can't wait for OVA 10, it needs to hurry up!

Aug 18, 2012 9:24 PM

Jul 2012
I totally agree with you, such a masterpiece. Wonderful episode, I really can't wait for the 10th OVA. Please inform us if you know when it's going to be released.
Aug 30, 2012 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
another epic fight cant waittttttttttttttt
Oct 3, 2012 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
I never ever suspected Walter before this when I read the manga. I need to refresh my knowledge of him with the Hellsing: The Dawn OVA after this.
Nov 2, 2012 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, I don't even remember most of the previous series' plot by now, where has Walter gone before? I really did not see his treason coming, so it left quite the impact on me. I guess I will never find out what really happened in Warsaw in '44 unless I'll read the manga spin-off.
FemAlucard - thumbs up.
Nov 10, 2012 3:49 PM

Jan 2010
There's always the information in the actual episode togo after. It's not much but you can draw a few conclusions. I also did't see his treason coming, not to mention seeing him as a young man...
Nov 18, 2012 6:27 AM

Mar 2009
This anime is seriously overrated and shallow.
Dec 19, 2012 6:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The fight with Anderson was really something, more impressive and somehow with more meaning than the one with Walter.

I hope there's some kind of flashback in the last OVA to what happened in Warzaw in 1944.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
Marzan said:
I hope there's some kind of flashback in the last OVA to what happened in Warzaw in 1944.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11077/Hellsing:_The_Dawn
Dec 19, 2012 1:11 PM

May 2012
Awesome episode as always, but man so much confusion - Am i supposed to know why Walter betrayed Hellsing Organisation? Is it answered in THE DAWN or will all be revealed in the final episode OVA X? I feel like i'm watching LOST or something xD

I didn't really get Alucard's flashback in the beginning... So, he was apparently raped as a child by a priest(!), cut to him as an adult warlord leading a battle and finally we see him about to beheaded just before he licks some blood off a tree stump... And the Major's there apparently! What did all this mean?
To be honest, i didn't really need to see a flashback about Alucard, i like him better as this mysterious entity.

Just how old is Anderson? When he's saying his final words, Alucard tells him that he should've killed him properly 500 years ago. I think that's what Alucard was referring to.

Also, is one of Alucard's powers that he can instantly change his appearance? He goes from Alucard to Dracula, back to Alucard, then to a The Crow-ish getup and then finally Young Walter in a nurse outfit... Wait, what?!

It's very strange to watch this in Japanese since i'm used to the English voices. That said, the Japanese version is still very good. (Crispin Freeman is sorely missed though)

I feel like the earlier episodes worked better as stand alone episodes because, well, they were much more episodic. It's only the last 6 episodes that seems like one long movie, which is pretty cool. Only catch is that you have to wait a years time to see what happens next! (Unless you read the manga of course) What i'm trying to say is that i cant wait to see how it all ends! Which will be revealed in a few days apparently!!!

metamorphius said:

Oh and, I may be insane but I loled at this:

LOL, yes!
who_dat_ninjaDec 19, 2012 1:31 PM
Dec 19, 2012 11:10 PM

Apr 2009
IcecreamManwich said:
I didn't really get Alucard's flashback in the beginning... So, he was apparently raped as a child by a priest(!), cut to him as an adult warlord leading a battle and finally we see him about to beheaded just before he licks some blood off a tree stump...

I take it you don't know much about historical Dracula. That was not a priest, but some hight-ranked Turk in a turban. About Dracula being in Ottoman captivity an later being a warlord you can read here, this anime assumes you've done your history lessons =).
IcecreamManwich said:
And the Major's there apparently! What did all this mean?

Major was not really there, just another memory from another time. It came to torture Alucard even more as he was already denouncing himself for his losses. As for why in Alucard's mind Major is someone who has a right to judge Dracula in this situation you'll see later.
IcecreamManwich said:
Just how old is Anderson? When he's saying his final words, Alucard tells him that he should've killed him properly 500 years ago. I think that's what Alucard was referring to.

No, Alucard was refering to different people able to defeat him throughout the history: first time he was defeated as a human (historians don't know for sure how exactly Vlad ended, but in Hellsing universe he was captured by Ottomans), second time he was defeated as a vampire by Abraham van Hellsing and his men (read Bram Stoker's book for more), now is the third time.
IcecreamManwich said:
Also, is one of Alucard's powers that he can instantly change his appearance?

Yes.
IcecreamManwich said:
...then finally Young Walter in a nurse outfit... Wait, what?!

That's not a nurse outfit, also he is not exactly mimicing Walter. During The Dawn timeline Walter was a 14-year-old boy, so Alucard was running around in a child form to fit the team. In Hellsing timeline Walter became a child again because of a rushed surgery, so Alucard brought up his old Dawn appearance as a matter of ridicule.
With manga readers were supposed to read the first half of The Dawn before the last volumes of Hellsing, so in Hellsing Alucard's child form was not there to be a surprise, but to be nostalgic. With OVA production schedule it all went backwards sadly.
Dec 20, 2012 1:26 AM

May 2012
Wow, i didnt even know Dracula was based on a real person! My knowledge is based purely on the classic Universal horror films... Which apart from showing Transylvania and meeting van Helsing didn't really explain much xD

I am a history buff though, so all this is very interesting. You truly are the Hellsing expert, Klimat!

(I'll go watch The Dawn now...)
who_dat_ninjaDec 20, 2012 1:49 AM
Jan 4, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, the blood and gore in the second half of the episode. Those strings sure did the damage but too bad going for the heart doesn't work this time around. Walter's a fool tbh and Alucard outsmarted him.
Jan 24, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2012
Well that twist with Walter was certainly unexpected; but it led to a nice fight. Both his fight with Alucard and the conclusion to the Anderson fight were both satisfying. An enjoyable episode overall - though now I feel like I really need to go watch The Dawn.
Mar 21, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
VitaX said:
Good stuff, was waiting for this to happen and it did not disappoint:

I'm confused as to why he randomly shoots him and then gives him first aid.
Mar 22, 2013 1:48 AM

Apr 2009
Radwimp said:

To stop Heinkel from attacking Walter and thus to avoid an unnecessary death of the former.
Mar 30, 2013 2:51 PM

Aug 2011
Klimat said:
Radwimp said:

To stop Heinkel from attacking Walter and thus to avoid an unnecessary death of the former.

Okay, again why does he "randomly" care if he dies or not? They've already caused a lot of unnecessary deaths. And it seemed like the werewolf just wanted to "die in battle." He didn't really seem to care about any of the shit the Major had planned. He could've just went straight to Hellsing's manor and had the same outcome.
RadwimpMar 30, 2013 2:55 PM
Mar 31, 2013 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
Radwimp
Mar 31, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2011
Klimat said:
Radwimp

I suppose that makes sense, but at the same time I'm only accepting it because it's an anime. That is we don't have dogs turning into humans in the real world so we have no idea how they would act. Would they have human intelligence? He can clearly make his own decisions, understands human language, yet cannot speak it? Do dogs have consciences? Yeah, going off rambling here, but yeah your explanation makes sense all things considered.
Apr 1, 2013 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
Radwimp
Apr 12, 2013 12:40 AM
Apr 2013
hi,

can u please help me to fing this song, it starts on 23:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QreGxLWwg (Hellsing OVA 9)?
May 4, 2013 8:01 AM

May 2013
The video in the link is deleted , so i cant help you
oh and
SIEG HEIL!
Aug 17, 2013 8:21 PM

Nov 2012
holy shit! so much shit happens in this episode..
never thought if walter has betray alucard.. no hellsing since 50 years ago :/
and never thought about that past of alucard..
a fucking homosexual? -_-

the ending scene really cool XD walter gonna have his ass out of world :p
Sep 8, 2013 9:18 AM

Jan 2012
I wonder how many times Alucard must have died
Oct 13, 2013 5:21 PM
Oct 2013
does any song the song at 23:08
i've looked for it every where
pleasee help it's such amazing music
Oct 29, 2013 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
Walter was the traitor,i just can't believe,he was such a good person.
At least Alucard kicked their ass :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 10, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 2013
Wow!

Alucard was so cool in his human form.
The fights were so epic. I thought Alucard was screwed against Anderson...
Nov 10, 2013 5:47 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, just wow. I thought Walter was brainwashed or something, but nope he was working with the enemy all along.

What a great twist 5/5!!!
Nov 12, 2013 2:51 AM

Oct 2009
Awww Yumie hot :<

Walter what the hell? >_>, really that's why? I agree with Alucard this Walter is ugly >.< old one was basdass xD

Man Seras is so kind and sweet <3
Nov 16, 2013 9:58 PM

May 2013
Aaawwwhhhh, I didn't like how Walter was a traitor in the OVA but oh wellssss... Makes for an interesting battle at least. Integra's face though when she was giving Alucard his search and destroy order :((( I love the scenes that show she cares about certain people D':
Dec 4, 2013 7:27 PM

May 2012
I was already wondering where Walter has gone to, and well I didn't expect that he was turned into a vampire and brainwashed but this sure delivers us an epic battle! This is what I call development and with the next being the last episode I wonder how they'll finish it!
Apr 6, 2014 5:58 AM

Oct 2013
The fights were amazing,and i didn't expect Walter was the traitor.Only 1 more to go.

Jun 22, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2012
I don't care how much better the animation is, the original Hellsing is SO much better than this reject. Yeah the fights are pretty cool but damn they talk WAY too much about random sh*t, as if they were just adding in useless dialogue in order to fill in the forty or so minutes of airing time.

Not just that but also the story is completely uninteresting and I've felt like dropping this many times, since there's only one episode left I'll stick to it but damn what a disappointment.
Jul 10, 2014 2:16 AM

Sep 2013
woah walter is epic

and allucard was raped :o the guy that raped him was killed by yummie in the last ova when it appearded from alucard's body

i don't really understand the flashbacks nor who is the girl allucard turned into, maybe she's the reason walter betrayed them, judging from the flashback

and anderson is 500 years old apparently

also lol schrodinger was shot again
anyways, 10/10

Jul 10, 2014 2:25 AM

Apr 2009
militrix said:
i don't really understand the flashbacks nor who is the girl allucard turned into, maybe she's the reason walter betrayed them, judging from the flashback

It's Alucard's childish form, along with his usual 30 years old form and his 40 years old bearded medieval king form. Alucard used his childish form back during WW2 to visually fit with Walter, who was a child soldier back there. You can learn more from Hellsing: The Dawn, that is unfortunately to this day unfinished, yet still explains some things referenced in the main story.
militrix said:
and anderson is 500 years old apparently

Why would you think so?
Jul 27, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Walter just didn't want to age that's why he joined the enemy. Didn't think his betrayal ran deeper. Bastard.

*Alucard cocks gun with his teeth* Can this thing get even more bad ass?!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 28, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2014
Walter D: Noooooooooo! Why, Walter? Why?
Oct 31, 2014 6:11 PM

Mar 2014
I've waited two weeks for this episode to be released in English, and today I have the pleasure of doing so. Man, I hopped on the Hellsing train late, but I feel so bad for the people who had to wait two years to get these last two episodes.
Nov 7, 2014 9:34 PM
Jun 2013
Oh god dammit with the rape. At least we get some background for alucard. Wait so drinking random blood made him into a vampire? I can buy the theory that alucard is just a sobbing child wanting death. Hell in the previous episode he put himself down. wow alucard breaking down and crying holy crap. Pretty sad final farewell anderson won the death race. So turning walter young turns him into a douch. Wait walter was always a traitor all along? What a twist.wow the death of that chick felt forced and anti climatic. Poorly done. wow going by integras face she didint like giving that order. Again happy to see seras still human even though being uber powerful.

Seeing alucard have his mand voice coming out a little girl is freaking funny. I really hope we get the reason why walter turned traitor. I mean was it really just to beat alucard. He threw it all away for that?
Dec 7, 2014 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
Poor Walter, did he honestly think he could beat Alucard? His whole life wasted like that. Oh well now the damn Major is all that is left.
Dec 20, 2014 2:18 AM
Sep 2013
Well,Walter didnt even have a chance against Alucard,Looking forward for the final episode.I hope Integra would do some fighting too in the next episode instead of just ordering around
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Today, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.