MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hellsing Ultimate »» Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

197 80.41%
4 out of 5: Liked it

34 13.88%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 4.49%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.41%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.82%
Voters: 245

02-23-12, 6:05 AM

Am i the only one that thought this was their first major c*ck up. I really enjoyed the series up to and, including 8. Was so pumped for 9. 8 ended on an awesome cliffhanger between Anderson and Alucard. was looking forward to an epic battle. then... first few mins Andersen is dead. gives some insight in to a past that wasn't really explored enough all to late. There was far to much of dialogue in preparation for action, then there was actual action.

Hellsing has always had a decent amount of unnecessary exposition before battles, but the pay off was always worth it , not here. i mean really, what actually mattered in this ep, only makes up about 15 mins of it. And now instead of Anderson, an awesome character that has a respectable rivalry, simple but passionate reason to fight, we get Walter. Who, and i will say was awesome when he was on the side of Integra. But i feel his reasoning for betrayal is so unimaginative, and as a villain doesn't compare to Anderson. The animation was nice, and it had a few good battle moments, but does not live up to the expectation, not even close when compared to its predecessors.

02-23-12, 8:56 AM

5/5.
Seras as sexy as ever. :D

Hoping for a 60 minute final OVA X.

02-23-12, 7:27 PM

Klimat said:
Zero_sama said:
BTW Why did The Major appeared in Alucard's past, when he was about to get his head chopped?

Well, obviously it was a recall from a totally different time period, but the main reason is...

Your right and I agree with you, it makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

02-24-12, 9:10 AM

definitely worth the wait! now the long wait begins for the grand finale.

02-24-12, 5:01 PM

Ahh so sweet, those first 15mins really sent chills down the spine. I just LOVE watching pathetic, ignorant religious f**king retards getting killed..

Individual inner strength is far superior.

Can't wait for the glorious final battle (^.^)
Modified by EternalDreamer, 02-25-12, 12:30 AM

02-24-12, 7:52 PM

Anyone have updated info on when the English dub will start back up again?

02-26-12, 12:06 AM

God, that was awesome!.....but now we have to wait to August for the last one....I think I might marathon them when the 10th comes out because I am sure I've forgotten a ton of characters and backstory which would probably make it a whole lot more enjoyable.

02-26-12, 5:43 AM

I've waited so long to see this part animated....And it was worth the wait.
5/5.
I love seeing this side of Walter (I'm not talking about his sexy appearance, indeed he looks amazing but that's just besides the point). To see him as someone who has worked so hard for just that moment, who has betrayed someone who, I believe, he even grew to love. He's even betrayed his own humanity for that hour/minutes. That's what I call dedication and I admire him for that.

Can't wait for X.

02-26-12, 9:42 AM

Zero_sama said:
Remember this is practically a new team behind OVA 9 and 10 if not mistaken, that's why there's a chance they will do something different, let's hope they can pull it off with 120 or 90 mins and not very rushed with less time.

The writers never changed since the episode 1.

02-26-12, 5:24 PM

I love seeing a younger Alucard and now we got a young walter too!!!! Now we just gotta wait 6months for number 10.... I really hope its worth it and totally awsom!

02-27-12, 1:49 AM

Davros95 said:
Zero_sama said:
Remember this is practically a new team behind OVA 9 and 10 if not mistaken, that's why there's a chance they will do something different, let's hope they can pull it off with 120 or 90 mins and not very rushed with less time.

The writers never changed since the episode 1.

I won't be so sure. Original manga writer is always the same, but it looks like plot adapting guys working on storyboards, directing, OVA scripts etc. are really all over the place.

02-27-12, 1:50 AM

Now this is Hellsing, 5/5. Might be the best part so far.

02-27-12, 10:09 AM

This OVA was well-put. Better than the previous one but not as good as OVA VІІ. The fights were quite epic ones nonetheless, and Walter was the most epic character in this OVA for sure. I feel kind of bad about Anderson, because he was my most favorite character, but I guess he was dead already in the previous OVA. Alucard got raped as a boy.. That’s really bad.
So we have to wait until the last OVA comes out to see the battle against that vampire punk which looks exactly like Seras? Blah.
The ED was great!

02-27-12, 10:29 AM

Saruwatari-Ayumu said:
I love seeing a younger Alucard and now we got a young walter too!!!! Now we just gotta wait 6months for number 10.... I really hope its worth it and totally awsom!

Young Walter is nowhere near as special as old Walter IMO.
Alucard summed up what I though when he said his old body was 'one trillion times more beautiful' then his new incarnation.
Being an aging, wise, charming yet slightly sinister, formal butler and dark horse in combat all added up to interesting character and 'hot grandad', something you don't see often, now, as a 'bitter young fighter', he's nothing special - not even same character.:(

02-27-12, 2:40 PM

Godly ED and backstory and op wires.

Well time for another 1 year wait.

02-27-12, 6:38 PM

Fuck yeah, that one was amazing. Completely worth the wait, unlike 8 where I was shocked over the average CG animation. This is what I was waiting for, but I'll hope I we won't have to wait that long til X..

02-28-12, 9:55 AM

Holy shit there was no preview at the end of the episode :(

02-28-12, 11:55 AM

Good stuff, was waiting for this to happen and it did not disappoint:

02-28-12, 1:57 PM

Everything was perfect in this OVA. Wasn't Walter's Kid OVA the person that does Toshiro hitsuguaya from bleach lol? And the ED was freaking epic. I knew it was Maon Kurosaki when she first started singing. Woohhoho Final Episode next can't wait.

02-28-12, 3:05 PM

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices