Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 14, 2012 5:54 PM

Aug 2011
Such an amazing episode, I really wanted Taichi to win but I was expecting that Porky would get it. Also expected Kana-chan too. My fangirl self died when Chihaya put Taichi's head on her shoulder. And yay, Arata makes an appearance!
Feb 14, 2012 6:02 PM

Jun 2011
0o0 Taichi x Chihaya moment! YAY!

<3 AND ARATA~
He's opting back in now!
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Feb 14, 2012 6:32 PM

Jun 2009
Poor Taichi TAT
The match was intense....I was really hoping he would win.

I seriously had a fangirl moment when Arata appeared XD
Hopefully he will now get serious!!
Feb 14, 2012 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
This epi was sooooo intense!!! ... But poor Taichi... D: I hope he can advance someday and break his 2nd place streak!
Feb 14, 2012 7:33 PM

May 2011
I agree with what was said earlier about Arata. I don't really dislike him but he's been out of the picture for too long for me to actually care about him. He's only there once in a while and I actually think it's better if he would come back sadly =(

I ship Taichi and Chihaya for a while now... actually since they went to see Arata lol. I was quite happy with how he was asleep and she pulled him toward her. I wish she could notice how Taichi cares for her and return his feeling but... Oh well ! It's like Nikuman said... lol. Taichi is such a lovable character. I've seen that being said earlier too but that character is 'real'. He doesn't have only quality. He's doing thing in a selfish way sometimes, yes. However, this is making his so sweet ! It's making me like him so much and it's probably something I dislike about Arata. Other than having his 'weakness, since his grandfather died... He's empty so far. He's always too kind, too nice. Too much everthing.

Taichi all the way !

I'm happy Kana won. Her versus. the guy with glasses was really nice. Sucks for Taichi to lose because of luck... Really the worst way to lose.
Feb 14, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
So many faces from Chihaya this episode. Great matches.
Feb 14, 2012 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
Chihaya's reaction to porky calling her an egghead xD
Feb 15, 2012 12:23 AM

Jul 2009
Man Taichi keeps drawing the short end of the stick.
This man needs some love!
Feb 15, 2012 2:52 AM
Oct 2008
Arata is back! He recognizes Nishida's name of course, from the middle school tournaments. And he saw the name of his old childhood friend, Taichi, who almost made to A-class.

And yes, second place sucks. Especially when the results between you and first place are so close.
Feb 15, 2012 2:59 AM
Dec 2007
Taichi, eternal second and unlucky even when (not) advancing ranks. Must be a curse but at the same time that got him slightly closer to Chihaya. Perfect episode once again.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 15, 2012 4:16 AM

Nov 2009
I hope chihaya will realise Taichi's feeling for her, and hers for his.

Which normal girl will lend a normal friend a shoulder to sleep on?
She must have some likings for him subconsciously.
Feb 15, 2012 6:12 AM
Jan 2011
Lulexiaa said:
TAICHI AND CHIHAYA FTW!!!!!!!!!! T________________T

What about Arata & Chihaya ?
Feb 15, 2012 7:36 AM

Jan 2008
I don't see why so many people pity Taichi for

jellyjar said:

Which normal girl will lend a normal friend a shoulder to sleep on?

A normal friend who's simply being considerate that their teammate and friend lost in a big match, enough to leave them in despair? Also, a lot of normal friends apparently...depending on how you define "normal" and/or "friend".

Kurogashi said:
Man Taichi keeps drawing the short end of the stick.
This man needs some love!

All I see is him hitting the jackpot in the lottery, so I think he's getting enough love as it is--maybe too much...even in it's only a close friendship.
Estoy_GordoFeb 15, 2012 7:48 AM
Feb 15, 2012 7:53 AM

Aug 2007
Taichi lost, but fell asleep and was put on Chihaya to rest... I really d'awwwwed at that scene. Arata, okaeri! :D
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Feb 15, 2012 9:00 AM

Feb 2010
Chihaya x Taichi moment was sooo cuuute. *kyaaaa* Why Taichi didn't wake up?!!
Chihaya's expressions were hilarious xDD
Feb 15, 2012 11:40 AM

May 2009

Just fuck already!
Feb 15, 2012 1:00 PM
Aug 2011
bastek66 said:

Just fuck already!

Look at Chihaya's smug "bitch plz he's mine" face in that gif.
Feb 15, 2012 1:17 PM

Aug 2010
Taichi and Chihaya look so good together... I fell in love with them.
And I wanted him to win ;_;
Also, meh, I'm another one who isn't connected with Arata.
Feb 15, 2012 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome ep! Tbh I expected Nishida to win, but now Kana really surprised me. Komano would have won if he wasn't so nervous. His pile up card strategy was golden. Yet it only took him to miss that one card
on Kana's side to screw it up. Oh well. Looking forward to moar.

Also, that new guitar arrangement during Taichi vs Nishida was awesome!
removed-userFeb 15, 2012 4:27 PM
Feb 15, 2012 8:31 PM

Jun 2008
*finally breathes out* O_O I can't believe I actually started crying when Taichi and Nishida's match ended. It wasn't even because I felt bad that Taichi lost, I guess it was some sort of relief that the tension is finally over... I must be taking this too seriously, but damn...

TAICHI & CHIHAYA SCENE IN THE CAR. SO WONDERFUL.

Oh shit Arata is coming back -.- Meh. I was sure he'd be my favorite when the show just started, I was NOT expecting to love Taichi this much. C'mon Taichi, take Chihaya before he returns! D:
Feb 15, 2012 11:29 PM
Feb 2012
totally expected taichi to win. Wonder how his role's going to end since he didn't make A class and probs won't play against arata. Chihaya had some really funny facial expressions this ep. Definitely agree with Niikuman-kun in that it wouldn't be Chihayafuru if Chihaya wasn't an airhead. And Niikuman-kun is an awesome nickname: own it Nishida.
Feb 16, 2012 2:26 AM

May 2010
& with this episode it is proved that nishida has fallen for taichi while taichi's feeling are rising for him or thats what it seemed like.
Feb 16, 2012 4:39 AM
Nov 2010
That was a good episode, too bad for Taichi...
Feb 16, 2012 5:31 AM
Dec 2010
Takai said:
*finally breathes out* O_O I can't believe I actually started crying when Taichi and Nishida's match ended. It wasn't even because I felt bad that Taichi lost, I guess it was some sort of relief that the tension is finally over... I must be taking this too seriously, but damn...

TAICHI & CHIHAYA SCENE IN THE CAR. SO WONDERFUL.

Oh shit Arata is coming back -.- Meh. I was sure he'd be my favorite when the show just started, I was NOT expecting to love Taichi this much. C'mon Taichi, take Chihaya before he returns! D:

lol wait for the upcoming sweet moment of arata and chihaya and compare it that in this sweet moment i'm sure you will notice the big difference whose in the friend zone and who the potential lover, as long the anime using the ending song (Soshite Ima by Asami Seto) for those who buy and listen the complete song the meaning of that song is pointing towards arata x chihaya route it's about a deep love, a never changing and undying love even they are separated and they will meet again what ever happen. it's chiharata route if you consider all those hard fact evidence, the manga is speak for itself. then what is the chances of taichi?, his chances only if chihaya reject by arata thats all. but i doubt it if that will happen since arata has a plan to move in tokyo to be with chihaya. aside from that where just seeing the 35% to 40% of the story. i still bet my money on chiharata route =p.
orion_momoFeb 16, 2012 5:46 AM
Feb 16, 2012 9:59 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my god that was so exciting. I want Taichi and Chihaya to be together, but it looks like Chihaya's going to be with Arata. I loved him more when he was a child D:
I can't even understand whether Arata loves her! I can not understand him at all
Feb 16, 2012 10:15 AM

Jan 2012
Realized that I don't really like Porky-kun.

Not the match, it was okay, but his general attitude. Chihaya at least says what she says to his face, he does it behind her back.
FriendlymatchFeb 16, 2012 10:26 AM
Feb 16, 2012 3:37 PM

Oct 2011
Really, I didn't expect Taichi to win. Somehow I managed to think like if Kana-chan was on left hand side then to make it different person from right hand side will win and it was Nishida. Anyway, the best episode so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2012 9:24 PM

Jul 2009
HOLY CRAP, THIS EPISODE WAS FREAKING AMAZING. I was actually super nervous and it takes a LOT for an anime to really make me feel ;P
It was nice to see Kana and Komano (I finally learned his name like Chihaya lol) and their battle, and how they both played their respective styles. I thought they might have made him get a comeback win but he didn't, but I'm glad they both got to advance :D
Then ... oh my god Taichi and Nishida *_* That was freaking intense! Both of them down to one card like that ... I really thought Taichi would win, but he didn't, I feel so bad for him! Lol when he said "I guess you got lucky" ... I thought he was gonna tell them which cards were left exactly lol ;P
Nice part at the end with Nishida bonding with Taichi I suppose XD Then in the car with Chihaya acting like that (which I think is better honestly lol) and TAICHI WITH HIS HEAD ON HER SHOULDER AWWWWWWW ;3
ARATA IS GONNA GO AND FACE TAICHI ISN'T HE?! Oh my goodness this is getting so exciting :D I can't believe I have to wait another WEEK for the next episode ... T_T
Feb 17, 2012 7:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Chihaya x Taichi forever.

Arata can go out with the current queen...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 17, 2012 9:06 PM

Feb 2010
I massacred my fingernails during the matches, specially during Taichi vs Nishida
Feb 18, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2006
bastek66 said:

Thank you! I needed that gif °3°

This episode sure was awesome >.< the matches, the character reactions and even Arata showed up for a few minutes *-*

I can already rate 10/10 this anime , can't I?
Feb 18, 2012 6:13 PM

May 2010
Oh my god that was so intense. Aaaaaah Taichi!

Well, I fully support taichixchihaya, but if she's gonna screw around and go after arata when he turns up then I guess I'm just gonna have to go tiachixporky. Taichi must be happy. Taaaaaaichi. taaaaaaachi.
Feb 18, 2012 6:40 PM

Feb 2008
Such a wonderful episode!!! I am such a taichixchihaya shipper. Gah. But I usually ship the pair that won't go through. Hope to see some more good developments next episode! :)
-Kaori
~If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
---Niccolo Machiavelli~

Feb 21, 2012 8:34 AM

May 2008
OMG!!! these episodes keep tearing my heart out. It's so painful to see Taichi working so hard without getting any prize whatsoever. I've always been one to pick the side of the underdog which in this case is Taichi. And it's quite ironic how he, a good looking, popular a-grade student ends up being the underdog vs Arata and now also Nishida (atleast with karuta).

But in the end i care more about him ending up with Chihaya rather than him winning at karuta, but i do want him to win ofcourse. That being said, Chihaya needs to start paying better attention to Taichi, i feel so so sorry for him cause she's so oblivious to his feelings for her.

Arata just needs to back-of on anything love related and just keep playing karuta :p. I don't hate him, but i don't like him being an interference between Chihaya x Taichi.

So basically, I'm watching this to see Chihaya x Taichi, Taichi winning at karuta is just an added bonus :p.

Feb 21, 2012 7:03 PM

Apr 2008
It shouldn’t be a surprise that Chihayafuru has been able to maintain a high level of consistency throughout it’s run time. Through a realistic and likeable cast of characters, an engaging and fast-paced game of strategy and a generally uplifting message, there is enough to provide an engaging and entertaining experience for anyone. By the looks of it, we can hope to see a familiar face in the next episode, which will hopefully satisfy fans of the romance in this series.

Mar 6, 2012 5:03 PM

Jun 2011
Chihayafuru is such a lovely, relaxing show. However, this episode made me so nervous. In my mind I thought there was no possible way for Taichi to not rank up but THEN there suddenly was. D: Made me so sad. I use to love Arata but now I feel as though I could care less about the bitch. It's all about Chihaya's team now. If only miss Tatasu River would open her god damn eyes and really give Taichi some lovin'! This is going to be dramatic and I don't know how things are going to wrap up soooo quickly! EEEE, the thought makes me semi-nervous!
Mar 6, 2012 5:34 PM

Feb 2010
Most intense episode so far imo! It's one thing to know who you want to win automatically, but it's another when you're torn.... although I was leaning toward Taichi...

That scene in the car was hnnnnggghhhhh... but I AM ready for some Arata <3
Mar 12, 2012 5:01 AM

Mar 2012
Same thoughts with everyone!
Rivalry between Arata and Taichi will be somehow delayed because of this ><
Erm, I mean in karuta. Though it's obviously still rivalry, they won't be facing each other soon in master battle.
Doho, the journey to Queen is kinda far for Chihaya.
Mar 17, 2012 5:58 AM

Aug 2010
I was bawling and laughing at the same time omg favorite episode 5/5 10/10 needs a rewatch etc
Mar 19, 2012 11:44 PM

Oct 2009
RudeKoffing said:
I love this anime so much but kind of feel it's better without Arata.

This.
And...
Why...
why...
WHY TAICHI HAD TO LOSE? ;______________;
Yeah, sorry for that. But I really wanted him to finally rank up :(

And I love this anime so much! Even tought I was like "well... nothing special"...
I don't understand how could I think that XD
Apr 7, 2012 12:07 AM

Sep 2011
The ending was so funny! "I learn not to have expectations for you."

Oh and the scene between Chihaya and Taichi was cute as hell! >:)
May 4, 2012 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
I thought Taichi would win. Just his luck though.
May 11, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
Aw that was so sweet when Chihaya put Tacihi's head on her shoulder. :3

Taichi will definitely rank up next time! He's always so close. D:
HEY!
May 23, 2012 1:34 AM

Sep 2009
0.0 Why is this so good
Jun 16, 2012 8:43 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was surprisingly exciting!
Aug 10, 2012 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
At least Arata doesn't have to ruin Porky's life again.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 18, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2009
the match with Desk and Kana chan is amazing!!

Kana really improved ALOT!!

congratulations Kana and Desk!!

what the hell Chihaya wasn't focusing on the most important match!!

wow the match with Porky vs Taichi is freaking intense!!

it really sucks it has to end by luck, but taichi was on the offensive all throughout!

poor Chihaya being called Airhead on the background :(

what the hell how could she have forgotten the Sudo match!!

kyaa Taichi and Chihaya moments!!!!!!!

why the hell did you sleep Taichi!!!!!

so Pork knew Chihaya heard their conversation with Taichi :P

but i love how Taichi is just there sleeping XD

Arata is getting ready to be back in action!

gonna be intense!!

only 6 episodes left T__T

at least there's season 2!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2009
i died when she pulled taichis head over onto her shoulder. this is one of the very few shows that can drag me into a love triangle. i ALWAYS pick a guy but i love taichi and arata T^T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2013 3:41 AM

Jun 2012
great episode. too bad for taichi. he wanted to be A class for the master qualifier so much T.T

yay a few seconds of Arata. but i thought he talked a bit funny. has he always been talking that way ?
Mar 31, 2013 3:42 AM

Jun 2007
ZeroAkito said:
great episode. too bad for taichi. he wanted to be A class for the master qualifier so much T.T

yay a few seconds of Arata. but i thought he talked a bit funny. has he always been talking that way ?

Arata speaks in Fukui dialect, it's extremely different from Tokyo-ben and even your typical Kansai-ben. He's always talked like that though, you probably just never noticed. If you think back you should remember in the first few episodes they even bring it up, as the students in class make fun of him for it and he's ousted because of it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

215 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.