Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2012 10:37 AM
Jan 2008
Recently someone asked me how to skip past the filler arcs of NADIA and still enjoy the show. Here's a guide that I wrote on how to watch this part of the show.

Episode 23 is only watchable if you want to find out how the kids get on the island.

Episodes 24-26 are absolutely skippable and derail Nadia's personality spectacularly... to the point where you'll start hating her guts. The only thing I found redeeming about those three episodes were the flashback scenes involving her at the circus. But the whole first kiss on account of mushrooms thing and everything that happens in 26 is absolutely stupid and absolutely unwatchable. Too bad, because there's a very nice romantic moonlight scene between Jean and Nadia in ep. 26. If you decide to sit through that latter episode, STOP just after Jean and Nadia kiss. That way you can treat it as genuine character development and not a cruel tease that turns into a reset-pressing moment. Elsewise, this is absolutely not worth it.

Episode 27 is horribly animated and has a very bad first half, but the second half DOES lead into the children discovering Ayerton, even if you have to deal with his ridiculous rants.

Episode 28 starts out on the wrong foot; a chase that feels more like a Looney Tunes cartoon, but it does lead to the Grandis gang and the kids being reunited. The second half, however, is a waste.

Episode 29 is absolutely useless and unnecessary, except for a brief flashback scene where Nadia talks about her past.

Episodes 30 and 31 are the ONLY island episodes that I would ever recommend watching; I mean, if you decide to jump from 22 to 30, then it will be a bit confusing as to how the adults and kids reunite, but it still beats sitting through seven episodes of absolutely useless junk that really should have been on the cutting room floor. Even Anno admits that he would have saved bits of these two episodes. 31 is the best of the two, because it shows any actual plot development and there's a very solid moment where Nadia strengthens her bond with Jean (and hugs him—nude).

That moment is so powerful and touching that it makes the the subsequent three episodes (the Africa episodes; the last of which is the singing episode) absolutely horrible and back-stabbing to anyone rooting for the romance between the leads. STAY AWAY FROM EPISODES 32-34; they are not only the worst episodes in the show, but there's absolutely no place for them, period. In fact, they only succeeded in making me hate Nadia. If I were writing the show, I would have Nadia follow up on her strengthening with Jean, not betray him inexplicably for some stranger she hardly knows. The whole story was offensively bad anyway—a village that worships big-testacled goddesses? A super-powerful fruit juice that can make anyone speed? King tied to a cross for days without food? Grandis falling again for her Snidely Whiplash ex-fiance? The whole story is a complete disaster, there's no need for you to sit through it. Trust me, IT'S HORRIBLE. Even the potential hint that the aforementioned stranger - an anonymous African warrior who looks like a Tarzan clone - knows about the Blue Water and Tartessos is completely unrealized. All we actually get to hear from him is some vague reference to a silver city which is not mentioned anywhere else in the show. Simply put, it's not worth sitting through these African episodes. The only thing good about ep 34 is that it's the last of the filler (and the English VAs do wonderful jobs singing—Nadia especially, I love her voice actress; then again NADIA is one of my favorite dubs—yes, even with the sometimes iffy accents, there's still a lot to love about it, particularly in the casting of the children and the Grandis gang).

So, long story short, I suggest skipping episodes 23-29 and 32-34. Those are the real stinkers. Gainax never intended them to be there anyway.
JTurnerJan 4, 2015 2:50 PM
Apr 16, 2013 8:45 AM
Apr 2013
You know, it's actually kind of funny.

I actually watched Nadia quite recently, but I've always known about the Island arc. And yet despite hearing nothing but bad things about them, I had to ask myself; 'How bad can they really be?"

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I thought people were exaggerating their badness or anything. I just thought that in watching them, I may have a slightly different opinion. Or that I may find them enjoyable in a funny bad/guilty pleasure kind of way. BOY, was I wrong.

Man, was this a bad arc! It was so bad that I didn't even finish it, and instead skipped over to episode 35, just to see how the series ended. And honestly, I think it was for the best.

So I agree with you in skipping these episodes since they suck AND are a chore to sit through. But in saying that, I also find the Island episodes to be kind of tragic. Since there are moments of good writing that actually shine through during these episodes, and feel like they're actually a part of the show. The first half of episode 23 is pretty good, the bits of foreshadowing with Nadia's past is good. Hell, that entire scene where Jean and Nadia kiss is really good. That is until they decide to make Nadia act like a total bitch and not tell jean why she is so upset, making you wonder just what the hell Jean even sees in her.

So, yeah, I would recommend people to skip these episodes as well. Or at the very least, just watch the good parts of these episodes, and pretend that the rest didn't happen.
Jun 29, 2013 10:21 AM
Jun 2013
SPOILERS, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS SERIES:
also, sorry for my English:

I'm not an anime expert, I only watched 3-4 complete anime series, and maybe it's the reason why I actually liked these episodes, on the top of the rest of the series. Sure, Nadia goes nuts, but she has just found herself on a deserted island after living a terrible experience on the Nautilus and discovering that Nemo was her father. If you add this to her terrible childhood, I find it realistic that she goes crazy and decides to leave her human friends for the jungle.

Sure, we see a regression of the Nadia's character. But she's a 14 years old, her beliefs and especially her conduct HAVE to be inconsistent and constantly mutating.

In my opinion the best thing about this anime is that we experience continuous and sudden jumps from the comedy to the drama, and vice-versa. This element is absent in the island episodes, in which we rather have sudden jumps from the comedy to the Nadia's rage, and vice-versa. So I would consider the island part an excessively prolonged comedy section of the anime. But I wouldn't say that the comedy is of lower quality, or that there is no characters' development.

Also, I read somewhere that these episodes weren't directed by Anno. Honestly I can't believe that he didn't participate to the making of these episodes: we see a Nadia who is odious and self-absorbed (Asuka Langley Soryu?) and who doesn't
evolve, despite the other people's effort (Shinji Ikari?). (This lack of "evolution" doesn't mean that there isn't a character development)

The only really stupid things I found about these episodes were the King's escape and the musical episode. Embarassing to say the least LOL

Again, sorry for my English and thanks for reading my random thoughts about this great anime
woland_Jun 29, 2013 10:34 AM
Jun 29, 2013 10:43 AM
Jan 2008
It's noble of you to try to defend the island episodes, but the cold hard truth is that they don't deserve any praise. For many viewers, including me, they DO ruin the series. Even with the argument that Nadia DOES have a problematic childhood and had a shocking experience in discovering her father, there was something about her "regression" that felt very... off. I didn't feel like that I was watching Nadia as a character anymore. I felt that I was just watching a nonsensical mockery of her former self. Everything else about episodes 23-34 is awful, too: the animation, the storylines (there's no connecting thread in these episodes it's just a bunch of randomly sketched bits of gibberish that really have no reason to exist), and the character development. It is also a fact that Anno did not direct these episodes. He, too, thought they were uncomplimentary to what he had in mind. There is a reason why this arc is called "infamous".

It both distracts from the main plot and really killed my appreciation of the show.
JTurnerJun 29, 2013 11:19 AM
Jun 29, 2013 11:17 AM
Jun 2013
Thanks for the fast answer! Maybe it helped that I watched the whole series in 3 days, so I didn't feel an excessive change of pace. From that point of view, I must admit you're right
Jun 29, 2013 11:22 AM
Jan 2008
woland_ said:
Thanks for the fast answer! Maybe it helped that I watched the whole series in 3 days, so I didn't feel an excessive change of pace. From that point of view, I must admit you're right

If you look closely at the style of the animation of those episodes, one can also tell that they feel sloppy and rushed. The first 22 episodes had better and more richly textured animation. The five episodes at the end also neglect everything that happens in the island arc, minus episode 31, which also solidifies that these were just never supposed to happen.

I personally would recommend checking out "The Nautilus Story", which is Anno's own edit of the show. The third part, especially. It cuts the whole island arc down to fifteen minutes. That's how Anno wanted to direct the show.
Jun 29, 2013 11:30 AM
Jun 2013
JTurner said:
woland_ said:

If you look closely at the style of the animation of those episodes, one can also tell that they feel sloppy and rushed. The first 22 episodes had better and more richly textured animation. The five episodes at the end also neglect everything that happens in the island arc, minus episode 31, which also solidifies that these were just never supposed to happen.

I personally would recommend checking out "The Nautilus Story", which is Anno's own edit of the show. The third part, especially. It cuts the whole island arc down to fifteen minutes. That's how Anno wanted to direct the show.

I'll definitely give it a shot, and I'll probaby rewatch the arc with a more critical eye, sooner or later :)
Jun 29, 2013 12:11 PM
Jan 2008
woland_ said:
JTurner said:
woland_ said:

I'll definitely give it a shot, and I'll probaby rewatch the arc with a more critical eye, sooner or later :)

Or better yet, DON'T watch the filler arc again.
Jun 29, 2013 12:40 PM
Jun 2013
I need to form a definitive opinion about it! lol
Nov 14, 2013 12:26 PM
Sep 2010
Thank you! I was actually going to start a topic asking about this.
Mar 27, 2014 2:25 PM
Feb 2013
I've just finished watching the whole series over, knowing about the filler arcs so I knew what to expect.

Certainly I found out why fans dislike them that much, though almost every episode had a little gem of a good idea that could have been used better.

It's a shame the main writing team didn't know they needed 39 episodes from the start & could use the time to flesh out some of the back story, even at the end some questions were unanswered.
Jun 21, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2014
wow, 12 filler episodes !!!

Unfortunately, i'm going to skip it

thank you
Jun 21, 2015 9:33 PM
Jan 2008
oscar8784 said:
wow, 12 filler episodes !!!

thank you

Only episodes I'd recommend watching are 30 and 31. But otherwise, yes, you're doing the Right Thing by skipping them. Good for you!
Jan 20, 2016 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
I think this is why I didn't skip it. You said that there ARE episodes with PARTS that are actually vital to the story, but the said episodes are part bullshit as well.

I decided "mane fuck it" and wanted to get the whole meat of it.

Geewillikers fuck me so bad those filler episodes were WAY worse than I had imagined. I thought they'd just be slice-of-life shit but THAT shit was WAY WORSE. They seriously tried to FILL THE GODDAMN STORY with SHIT WRITING.

And no one said anything about 23-34 not directed by Anno.

According to anidb, that Higuchi bitch did 23-39.

Where does one even learn that 23-34 = Higuchi and Anno didn't intend them? It ain't on wikipedia.
zetsu_shorenJan 21, 2016 3:59 AM
Jan 20, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2015
I'd recommend watching them just to realize how hard they drag the show down.
Jan 20, 2016 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
Seriously, I wish they had axed the Higuchi episodes and just mended together the TRULY important scenes in 23-34 for the bluray.

Perhaps with the exception of Africa since NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED THERE EVER AGAIN.

Though so far I don't know a show that did that. But it's DEFINITELY NOT unheard of about episodes being cut from the BD. Even recently, I heard Osomatsu-san CAN'T have episode 1 on the bluray.
Jan 20, 2016 7:44 PM

Jul 2015
Those filler episodes are basically anti-vegetarism propaganda lol. I guess Anno was the aggro vegan kind of guy and Higuchi was annoyed by it or something like that. Anyway, the vegan stuff is almost invisible in NGE (Rei)
Jan 20, 2016 7:55 PM
Jan 2008
zetsu_shoren said:
Seriously, I wish they had axed the Higuchi episodes and just mended together the TRULY important scenes in 23-34 for the bluray.

Perhaps with the exception of Africa since NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED THERE EVER AGAIN.

Though so far I don't know a show that did that. But it's DEFINITELY NOT unheard of about episodes being cut from the BD. Even recently, I heard Osomatsu-san CAN'T have episode 1 on the bluray.

Agreed. The island episodes were poor quality overall, but one could easily cut them down to three episodes or so. The less said about the abominable Africa episodes and the forgettable singing episode, the better.

I will also mention in agreement that yes, while there ARE noteworthy moments in the island episodes, nothing can change the fact that those ARE poorer quality overall. In fact, the least offensive of the island episodes is 31, which Anno admitted he would have saved.

It may not be mentioned on Wikipedia, but just about any review has the same story: Anno wasn't directing the filler episodes and was concentrating on the ending. As for the Africa episodes not meant to be in the story, I don't remember where I read that, but I CAN confirm that there WAS a site which confirmed that those episodes weren't supposed to happen.

Interesting note: Anno DID recut the show into a shorter 3-hour version called "The Nautilus Story" which does away with a lot of the problems the TV series suffered from. For one thing, Nadia's bitchiness is (thankfully) toned down, big time, and the fillers are ALL gone. It's basically a re-edit, but I'd recommend looking into it. You might end up liking it better than the show.

Here's where he cut down the filler arc to less than 12 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq_015V4gmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_awWlZKfQ5g

JTurnerJan 20, 2016 8:05 PM
Jan 21, 2016 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
Anno?
He?
That?

Is there a LEGIT version? You know, not some edited English video uploaded on youtube?
Jan 21, 2016 4:35 AM

Mar 2013
zetsu_shoren said:
Is there a LEGIT version? You know, not some edited English video uploaded on youtube?

Don't think it's able to be seen online but it was made for sure. No dub though.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 23, 2016 2:05 PM
Jan 2008
zetsu_shoren said:
Anno?
He?
That?

It is and it isn't. I'm sure the cuts you see in the video WERE identical to the Nautilus Story edits. But apparently this was an effort to replicate those edits using ADV's dub of the show (which is underrated, IMO; I think it's really well done, it's not often you have children doing the voices of the protagonists). As for the legitimate version, it was released on laserdisc in Japan many years ago, around 1991. The dub wasn't made by then, though; it was more recent, dating to 2001. But yes, Anno DID make a shorter version. Regrettably, I don't know of any other legitimate way to view it unless you can import a LD copy from Japan via purchasing it on Yahoo Auction or something.
Jan 23, 2016 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
So there's no Nadia without fillers on bluray
Jan 28, 2019 1:15 PM
Jan 2019
JTurner said:
Recently someone asked me how to skip past the filler arcs of NADIA and still enjoy the show. Here's a guide that I wrote on how to watch this part of the show.

Episode 23 is only watchable if you want to find out how the kids get on the island.

Episodes 24-26 are absolutely skippable and derail Nadia's personality spectacularly... to the point where you'll start hating her guts. The only thing I found redeeming about those three episodes were the flashback scenes involving her at the circus. But the whole first kiss on account of mushrooms thing and everything that happens in 26 is absolutely stupid and absolutely unwatchable. Too bad, because there's a very nice romantic moonlight scene between Jean and Nadia in ep. 26. If you decide to sit through that latter episode, STOP just after Jean and Nadia kiss. That way you can treat it as genuine character development and not a cruel tease that turns into a reset-pressing moment. Elsewise, this is absolutely not worth it.

Episode 27 is horribly animated and has a very bad first half, but the second half DOES lead into the children discovering Ayerton, even if you have to deal with his ridiculous rants.

Episode 28 starts out on the wrong foot; a chase that feels more like a Looney Tunes cartoon, but it does lead to the Grandis gang and the kids being reunited. The second half, however, is a waste.

Episode 29 is absolutely useless and unnecessary, except for a brief flashback scene where Nadia talks about her past.

Episodes 30 and 31 are the ONLY island episodes that I would ever recommend watching; I mean, if you decide to jump from 22 to 30, then it will be a bit confusing as to how the adults and kids reunite, but it still beats sitting through seven episodes of absolutely useless junk that really should have been on the cutting room floor. Even Anno admits that he would have saved bits of these two episodes. 31 is the best of the two, because it shows any actual plot development and there's a very solid moment where Nadia strengthens her bond with Jean (and hugs him—nude).

That moment is so powerful and touching that it makes the the subsequent three episodes (the Africa episodes; the last of which is the singing episode) absolutely horrible and back-stabbing to anyone rooting for the romance between the leads. STAY AWAY FROM EPISODES 32-34; they are not only the worst episodes in the show, but there's absolutely no place for them, period. In fact, they only succeeded in making me hate Nadia. If I were writing the show, I would have Nadia follow up on her strengthening with Jean, not betray him inexplicably for some stranger she hardly knows. The whole story was offensively bad anyway—a village that worships big-testacled goddesses? A super-powerful fruit juice that can make anyone speed? King tied to a cross for days without food? Grandis falling again for her Snidely Whiplash ex-fiance? The whole story is a complete disaster, there's no need for you to sit through it. Trust me, IT'S HORRIBLE. Even the potential hint that the aforementioned stranger - an anonymous African warrior who looks like a Tarzan clone - knows about the Blue Water and Tartessos is completely unrealized. All we actually get to hear from him is some vague reference to a silver city which is not mentioned anywhere else in the show. Simply put, it's not worth sitting through these African episodes. The only thing good about ep 34 is that it's the last of the filler (and the English VAs do wonderful jobs singing—Nadia especially, I love her voice actress; then again NADIA is one of my favorite dubs—yes, even with the sometimes iffy accents, there's still a lot to love about it, particularly in the casting of the children and the Grandis gang).

So, long story short, I suggest skipping episodes 23-29 and 32-34. Those are the real stinkers. Gainax never intended them to be there anyway.

I logged in to point out that you were wrong.
When i finished watching episode 22, i've decided to find out how "infamous" Island Arc is, and found this topic. I've read, and i've became afraid that those episodes will be unwatchable to me. I've expected the worst...

...Then i watched Episode 23, it was fine. Episode 24 was pretty funny, Episode 25 lacked some quality animation, and Episode 26... WAS BLOODY GORGEOUS! All the fun moments with King and Mary, the awesome Dream Sequence of Jean was awesome as heck! It's the TRUE Gainax Comedy, just like in Little Witch Academia, Space Patrol Luluco and Kill la Kill! All those comedy moments showed me that Gainax was always insane with it's humor! ^_^
Episode 27 sucked, but watchable. Episodes 28-31 were awesomely fun! Never mind the awesome Red Noah scenes, the comedy moments in those episodes were effin' great! I loved the episode with Robo-Kings, and the chase for Gratan was funny! Episodes 32-33 were nice, and i loved the Resque Plan of the King moment. It was fun as heck.
And Episode 34 was the best Recap episode i've ever seen in anime. Instead of old-stupid Recap, they made an awesome AMVs with characters singing to the events of previous episodes.

So, all my fears were wrong, those episodes were very watcheable...

...Because i did seen the worst... Tenkuu Senki Shurato, which is pretty decent in first half, turns into unwatchable mess in the second half.
Bad animation in Nadia episode 25? That was a fine animation! What happens in Episodes 29 and 30 of Tenkuu Senki Shurato - NOW THIS IS BAD ANIMATION! It's not just bad animation, it's an UNFINISHED animation! It's Physically Painful to Watch! It makes Chargeman Ken to look like a good Anime!

So, no, i disagree with you. Island arc of Nadia was pretty nice and fun.
Feb 2, 2019 8:08 PM
Jan 2008
zetsu_shoren said:
So there's no Nadia without fillers on bluray

Sadly, there isn't. Just on Japanese LD, called "The Nautilus Story".
Feb 2, 2019 8:27 PM
May 2018
I actually loved those episodes.
Feb 2, 2019 10:40 PM
Jan 2008
Anyone who actually found entertainment value in those episodes to each their own.

I personally couldn't stand them, period. To me they really do bring down the rest of the show and had no reason existing at all. That they were poorly produced too leaves an even bigger stain for me. I'd rather view NADIA eps 1-22, 30, 31, and 35-39 than sit through those episodes ever again.
Apr 24, 2019 8:16 AM
Jan 2019
JTurner said:
Anyone who actually found entertainment value in those episodes to each their own.

I personally couldn't stand them, period. To me they really do bring down the rest of the show and had no reason existing at all. That they were poorly produced too leaves an even bigger stain for me. I'd rather view NADIA eps 1-22, 30, 31, and 35-39 than sit through those episodes ever again.

Well, as i said, i love the Nadia anime the most for it's Humor. And i find this humor great, i love Ganiax's humor, similar to humor in Panty and Stocking and current Trigger shows.

So while the animation was cringey for some episodes, the humor was good. So i watched them for comedy.

People who dislike these episodes should stop watching anime for serious stuff and start to love anime for what it is.
If anime is serious, love it for seriousness. If it's funny, love it for funnyness.

Seriously, all of you people made me to expect the worst, but those episodes were good.

Not every episode should progress the plot. I like the fun pointless episodes.
I cannot understand people who dislike pointless episodes.

Go watch Samurai Pizza Cats, it's a masterpiece too, and it will make you love pointless episodes.
Apr 25, 2019 5:07 PM
Jan 2008
Telling other people what they can and can't watch and how they should watch it is absolutely disrespectful. If you enjoyed these episodes, fine. But don't go around telling others that they are wrong for disliking them, because they aren't. It's their opinion, and they're entitled to it. Just as it is my opinion that they are the lowest point of an otherwise brilliant show.

You are entitled to your opinion, and if you liked them, great. But that doesn't necessarily mean you're anymore right or wrong than anyone else. It's just an opinion. And opinions aren't right or wrong.
Mar 28, 2023 6:32 AM
Mar 2023
Hi, I know I'm replying to an 11-year-old thread, but I wanted to say thanks for this post.

It's been ~15 years since I first watched Nadia and I wanted to give it a repeat viewing, but I remembered the Island episodes were bad, the Africa episodes were dreadful, and the musical episode almost made me give up on the entire series.  I even recall peeking online just for some reassurance that yes, it does eventually get good again.

So this time I followed your guide, and it felt like I watched a great series rather than a decent series marred by a bunch of bad episodes.  The only downside was a somewhat jarring time skip between 22 and 30, with everyone inexplicably reunited and the sudden appearance of Ayerton (and a noticeable dip in animation quality for a bit).  I didn't feel a jump at all from 31 to 35; since they leave and arrive via the balloon, it's a seamless transition.

So, thanks for that.  I'll admit I'm slightly curious about any good bits in 23-29, but I feel like watching those episodes again is sort of like deliberately allowing the sewer to back up into your house so you can pan for gold.  Even if you find any, you'll have to slog through a lot of crap to get it.

Also you didn't mention this, but everyone should stay far away from "Nadia: The Motion Picture."  I didn't watch it this time, but I did during my initial viewing of the series, and it is wretched.
Jun 3, 2023 4:46 PM
Oct 2019
oscar8784 said:
wow, 12  filler episodes !!!

thank you
There is only 6 filler episodes
Jun 28, 2023 8:55 PM

Feb 2016
Keytee1 said:
The Nautilus episodes are pointless too, yet everyone loves those. I think I had more fun with the island.
その目だれの目?
Aug 23, 2023 10:09 AM
Jan 2008
Lucifrost said:
Keytee1 said:
The Nautilus episodes are pointless too, yet everyone loves those. I think I had more fun with the island.
The Nautilus episodes aren't pointless.  They have a lot more meat to the story and are meant to build the actual plot, which involves Nemo, the Neo Atlanteans, and their conflict.  Not to mention the stops at Antarctica and Atlantis.  Those are world-building episodes.  The island episodes, on the other hand, offer none of them, less much anything of any use (not to mention they bastardize the characters), and they suffer because of that.
Aug 23, 2023 10:35 AM

Feb 2016
JTurner said:
Those are world-building episodes.  The island episodes, on the other hand, offer none of them, less much anything of any use
I don't believe you even watched the island episodes if you think that.
その目だれの目?
Aug 23, 2023 11:46 AM
Jan 2008
Lucifrost said:
JTurner said:
Those are world-building episodes.  The island episodes, on the other hand, offer none of them, less much anything of any use
I don't believe you even watched the island episodes if you think that.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have seen each and every episode of NADIA.  I dislike these island/Africa episodes.  Tremendously.  I know how much they offended me.  That's why I refuse to watch them again.  It's not just me, either.  The fact is that Mr. Anno was not particularly thrilled with this part of the show either.  He had nothing to do with it.  Even he came to believe that the show was better off without these episodes.  There are others who share the same sentiments.

So, sorry, I but yes, I HAVE seen them.  IF you think otherwise, well, OK.  But I can't stand them, and I stand by that.
JTurnerAug 23, 2023 11:51 AM
Jan 21, 9:49 AM
Jan 2024
The island episodes do have some interesting nuggets mixed in with the garbage. I keep coming back to watch this series every so often (once per decadeish) This is what I've setled on for watching. I'm trying to keep more continuity than the 30yr anniversary and Nautilus story. Also I don't like how they cut some of the 1-22 episodes that were interesting world building side stories.

Ep 1 -> 22 watch all.
Ep 23: 11:37 title card -> end. Skips the silly part within the escape capsule. Although it's not quite as offensive as some parts.
Ep 27: 7:45 title card -> end. Typhoon scene and appearance of mysterious island, discovery of Ayerton. Keeps foreshadowing and continuity.
Ep 28: Start -> 11:00 title card. Grandis reunite with group, although they're a bit team rocket. Keeps continuity.
Ep 29 (optional): 10:38 title card -> 13:12. Nadia vegetarianism backstory, but skippable.
Ep 30-31: Watch all
Ep 32: Start -> 7:26 (optional): Depicts the sinking of the island upto the air battleship encounter, if you need a small connector between 31 and 35.
Ep 35 -> 39: Watch all to end of series.

This would be a better cut than the 30yr and Anno cuts (which cut too much and have continuity issues at parts) and get rid of the most offensive bits while keeping continuity.
aldrawJan 21, 10:06 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JTurner - Jan 17, 2008

72 by integraiwakura »»
Mar 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 35 Discussion

JTurner - Jan 17, 2008

21 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Mar 13, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 34 Discussion

JTurner - Jan 17, 2008

35 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Mar 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 33 Discussion

JTurner - Jan 17, 2008

32 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Mar 13, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 32 Discussion

JTurner - Jan 17, 2008

20 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.