Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2012 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
octal9 said:
Digglett said:
Bunny suite Yuno = best thing ever.
agree - they should make an anime out of just the adventures of usagi-yuno - i'd watch every week! loved the way the angry expressions changed and scared the hell out of the little kid and mom....
Well at least they made a Murmur special of it. Perhaps needs more of that in the BDs.
Misuryu said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Notice how Yuki is still pointing the knife at Yuno but most of all is to remember that Yuno says to him that she will die for him anytime.

This really kept me thinking.. I think I've got this figured out. I haven't read the manga.
Hard to say. Even myself I have not read that far but I do know what might be one solution. Not saying it due to spoiler. Yours is another to look at.
eNkel said:
Is it clear that Yukki's father killed his Mom? I thought 11th's Men killed his Mom...
Add 1 + 1 together to = the result.
1 (Yuki's father holding a knife pointed at Rea when she was dragging him + 1 (his behavior when she is dragging him {Panic like, sweating, very stressed and not able to think rationally}) = to Yuki's father losing it and doing a sudden move such as a slash to kill Yuki's mother. Moreover Rea was threatening him with cops. So it gave him some leverage for his wrath to unleash. Who know if he is wanted to illegal gambling. Who knows but it could as to why he did not want to meet the cops like Rea wanted him to. I hope I said it grammatically right.
Yumekichi11Feb 13, 2012 11:28 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 13, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
bakuramariks said:

Yuno is still uninteresting.

Whaaaaat. Are we watching the same show?
[center]
Feb 13, 2012 11:50 AM

Nov 2009
Digglett said:
bakuramariks said:

Yuno is still uninteresting.

Whaaaaat. Are we watching the same show?

Well, after the first few episodes (which were awesome), i got tired of her. I just don't find her interesting anymore, because i came to know her and her love for Yukiteru, her yandereness and awesomeness is repetitive in my eyes.
Feb 13, 2012 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
*sigh* something felt really wrong with this episode, the fighting scene of yukki mas made soo poorly.

And fucking murmur scene , instead of wasting time in that the could try to make things more realistic, so retarded...

btw? adaptation error in the yuno parents part? (minor spoiler)

Feb 13, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2011
That was a lame attempt to elicit sympathy for his dad, right before his death. It probably also makes him the most inconsistent character in this anime, even in the sea of incomprehensible actions presented. Other than that it was okay, some background on Yuno was nice.
Feb 13, 2012 2:07 PM

Apr 2010
Vanisher said:

Maybe they're changing something..
Feb 13, 2012 3:04 PM

Dec 2011
Yuno is definitely of my favorite characters ever. Seeing her past is neat. Also <3 the bunny suit. And heart how/why she killed her parents. And, well, just about everything else.

I still don't like the father. He's been a fairly poor character since his introduction, and i'm glad he's only been around for 3 episodes. His "redemption" was rather silly. And he killed the mother, whom was a pretty neat character.

As much as i hate Yuki, i must say he has his moments, and this was one of them. Even if it was sparked by the death of a fairly poor character, i loved watching him murder(even if it was only two), though i hear the manga did a much better job with that scene. His reaction to his father's killing of his mother was awful, since it was fairly obvious and Yuki knew it anyway.
At least it looks like he is going somewhere as a character now, instead of just being such a whiny bitch.
SkelingtonFeb 13, 2012 3:07 PM
Feb 13, 2012 3:05 PM

Jul 2010
Yuno dressed up like a pink rabbit trolling Yukiteru. Hilarious! That poor kid too, all scared by the scary wabbit. Yuno's parents were pretty horrible huh? So she didn't actually kill them directly, but she locked them up and abandoned them.

Why the hell was Yukiteru talking to his dad like that? He killed his mother! KILLED. Yet they were talking about living together again and watching the damn stars? What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

Anyway, I could barely believe Yukiteru actually killed the guys after they killed his dad. Welp, his whole life has basically gone to shit.

Feb 13, 2012 3:25 PM
Dec 2007
Misuryu said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Notice how Yuki is still pointing the knife at Yuno but most of all is to remember that Yuno says to him that she will die for him anytime.

This really kept me thinking.. I think I've got this figured out. I haven't read the manga.
For someone "who haven't read the manga" you sure as hell know details that only a manga reader would know at this point. I detect a a spoiler-fanatic.

Feb 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Mar 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Misuryu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

For someone "who haven't read the manga" you sure as hell know details that only a manga reader would know at this point. I detect a a spoiler-fanatic.

Couldn't agree more myself. I've spoiled myself with the manga so I know what happens.

I am glad that Yuki finally manned up and woke up that he wants to win this game.

My question is, at the end with Deus, his mask was broken, did he finally kick the bucket?
Feb 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
Since Yuki has been such a 'dear in headlights' threwout the series, it was a little odd how well he took the death of both his parents?
Seriously, was it so inconveinient for him to actually be 'weak' at a time where it would be perfectly natural?

Yuki did well turning skilled fighter, but Yuno turning up and takes out the talkative baddy during Yuki's crowning moment earns a 'roll eyes' - more so that we were suppose to belive her sneaky appearance was a suprise.

What really could have improved this ep a great deal (and the series in general) would have been Yuki not simply making an empty threat and actually killing Yuno - she is his competition afterall, she's willing to go and to be frank; the character sheild withing this series is what is holding it back.

Anyway, decent ep.

Feb 13, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
Seriously, the characters and the plot become more idiotic the closer we get to the end of this anime. A school is bombed to pieces and no one cares, your son is involved in several murder cases and you simply ignore it. Your father kills your mom? No problem dad! After all we can see the stars together.

Oh, and the police...

You know, after about 10 episodes I stopped to care for this because...well, it's hillarious.

Logic aside the episode was enjoyable as usual. Loved the scene with Yukki and Yuni at the end.
Feb 13, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2010
Ohoho, Yuno, you.
Feb 13, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
SinDeLuXe said:
A school is bombed to pieces and no one cares, your son is involved in several murder cases and you simply ignore it..

Random (and wrong) rant there.

but you are right about the police scene with yuno in this episode, they should at least try to make an excuse for it.
Feb 13, 2012 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
I think the whole police not caring thing might be due to the future predicting thing. Still seems a bit silly to me, but whatever, such is anime.
[center]
Feb 13, 2012 5:26 PM

May 2011
Great to finally find out more about Yuno's past. Wow at what her parents did, they were treating her like an animal. I don't feel bad or sorry at all to what they ended up as. In fact I found it great what Yuno did and loved the way they ended up dying by. How ironic, they got what they deserved for sure.

The whole situation with the dad is just uh. Can't really tell if he really meant it at the end after what happened last episode, don't really like how this ended up.

That scene at the end, aw how sweet. Absolutely loved it, really shows just how delicate Yuno is. Just great.

Yuno outdid Murmur!?
Feb 13, 2012 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
first of all who here can prove (except for the readers of the manga) that his dad REALY killed his mom? except for the vage "do you have any proof" he said himself (again i can't remember the dad ever saying he was the one who killed her) for all we know the guy's who killed her where the same guy's who killed his dad.

and with the third skeleton, i allready had a hunch but this just made it a bit stronger.
here's my idea of who it is (and hope nobody will actualy spoil it hahaha. i like the mistery) and will spoiler tag it just in case

Feb 13, 2012 6:47 PM

Feb 2011
Dang...I was kinda hoping that 11th's men would stab yuki and get him out of the way...o well.
Feb 13, 2012 6:56 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode but it was so much better in the manga as some have already said; the faces, the fact that Yuno actually cut off that guy's head (stupid censoring); well at least its here, and it only gets better since Yuki finally broke. I wonder if that is the formula these days with weak MC, you gotta break them to make them doing anything, and in both of the recent cases it shows results.

Now I'm not gonna try to defend the logic of this show, because i think I'd lose to be honest, but the whole cop arrest scenario, its not that unreasonable he is simply turning his head to the deaths because she is a diary owner, i mean he is well aware of the consequences of the game so if anything else the parents deaths simply become overlooked unfortunate circumstances, it wouldn't be the first time cops put something under the rug. Now as for the dad, i got nothing lol, he is a loser that's about it, he has no regrets?.... well anyway it does get better, and while people (from what I've read and heard) were split on hating or liking the manga ending, most agreed that it was good before the end, so i look forward in particular to the upcoming episode.
Feb 13, 2012 7:26 PM
Jun 2008
oh my indeed yuki has finally snap now slowly on now to later on embrace the hate & driven to dark side.

this week ep
flashback to more on yuno stalking on yuki which reveal letter yuki plan to give.
yuno not happy going hmm & see yuki going on supply get with a female (who look like younger version of yuki's mom?!) & also same person who yuki plan to letter.
so here come yuno the wabbit (where elmer fudd you need it).
going all length from mess the drink, block the toilet, etc til here come security & yet letter happen but...
after that yuno meet her caged parents due before yuno was caged til yuno caged the parents.
& oh the letter nothing happen so yuno all yes.

fast forward to present
yuki in hiding mode is so obsession with mom (yea got wonder like really want "do it" with his mama") goes to deus give me my mama back.
but deus can't he getting weaker but there is a why?
yuki see his dad ask did you "whacked" my mama & dad goes i don't know.
young cop as yuno for info body no.3 but no comment but dna test on works.
then yuki follow his dad see bag but inside it a telescope give his dad admit & felt guilty for it want make it all & start over again fresh.
but his dad got stab & yet finally snap yuki gone mad attack his dad killers & oh here yuno.
after that little puke now fully determine win it all get his parents back & yuno will do anything now for yuki.

mur mur's extra more on yuno-wabbit which mur mur as yellow wabbit to chase yuno til security arrive.

indeed now yuki has slowly embrace the hate & the dark side of mirai nikki now what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 13, 2012 7:58 PM

Oct 2008
SinDeLuXe said:
Seriously, the characters and the plot become more idiotic the closer we get to the end of this anime. A school is bombed to pieces and no one cares, your son is involved in several murder cases and you simply ignore it. Your father kills your mom? No problem dad! After all we can see the stars together.

QFT, feels like I'm watching an anime written by a 12 year old boy, but the anime is still hilarious in a non intentional way, just like how gundam seed was.
Feb 13, 2012 8:16 PM

Aug 2011
Wasabi said:
My god, this show has some of the worst inconsistencies. And people whine about Guilty Crown being terrible.

So Yukiteru knows that his dad killed mommy dearest and it's totally cool cause y'know, his dad wanted to see the stars one last time and apologized for it. Hell, he even says he has no regrets. I don't fucking know... maybe killing your ex-wife is a regret? No? Oh, okay. And lol at Yukiteru FINALLY doing something on his own. Holy fuck, what a long ass wait that was. Too bad it took him this long to actually start growing a set, he's still a terrible crybaby. If anything, his character evolution is even worse than Shu's.

And really, are the police really this fucking incompetent? Nishijima finds bodies at Yuno's house and he fucking doesn't even arrest her? Instead he's just 'LOL LET'S GO GET SOME COFFEE YUNO WHILE I INQUIRE ABOUT YOUR DEAD PARENTS AND THIS MYSTERY BODY THAT YOU PROCURED'. How much influence does this moron even have to keep so many cops from spilling the beans all over this girl?
Agree on all accounts, except for Yuki's character evolution being worse than Shu's. At least Yuki is a consistent character.

Worth watching just to see Yuki stab a dude and use another as a human shield.
Feb 13, 2012 8:24 PM

Jan 2012
I used to hate Yukiteru, but then this episode happened.
I found the way that Yuno's parents died kinda funny, and ironic. Nice touch.
Also about the third body I think that

but I'm not sure, I guess I'll start reading the manga!!
Feb 13, 2012 8:35 PM

Dec 2011
Favorite episode in a while. Disliked how mother's death had so little impact on Yuki and his relationship to his father. Loved the rabbits.
Feb 13, 2012 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Misuryu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I've been spoiled quite a bit, yeah. ;_;
Feb 13, 2012 11:19 PM

Dec 2011
Wasabi said:
My god, this show has some of the worst inconsistencies. And people whine about Guilty Crown being terrible.

So Yukiteru knows that his dad killed mommy dearest and it's totally cool cause y'know, his dad wanted to see the stars one last time and apologized for it. Hell, he even says he has no regrets. I don't fucking know... maybe killing your ex-wife is a regret? No? Oh, okay. And lol at Yukiteru FINALLY doing something on his own. Holy fuck, what a long ass wait that was. Too bad it took him this long to actually start growing a set, he's still a terrible crybaby. If anything, his character evolution is even worse than Shu's.

And really, are the police really this fucking incompetent? Nishijima finds bodies at Yuno's house and he fucking doesn't even arrest her? Instead he's just 'LOL LET'S GO GET SOME COFFEE YUNO WHILE I INQUIRE ABOUT YOUR DEAD PARENTS AND THIS MYSTERY BODY THAT YOU PROCURED'. How much influence does this moron even have to keep so many cops from spilling the beans all over this girl?

Lol so true, but hey atleast Yuki grew some balls..... although its took 18 episodes...
Feb 13, 2012 11:44 PM

Mar 2010
Dammit, fuck yuno for making me like her again :(
Feb 14, 2012 12:56 AM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

Lol, I completely agree.

Yukkii finally gets angry enough to protect himself YAY!...Yuno's still alive BOOO!
really, he's still accepting drinks from her?

*please accept this water through this kiss so I can infect you with my CRAZY!

I wonder if he liked that girl cuz she looked like his mom.

I have never been so frustrated by an anime in my life. There have been plenty that haven't gone my way that I was perfectly fine with but Mirai Nikki is killing me but since I started it I must see it through. I feel so T^T/^^
Feb 14, 2012 1:37 AM

Oct 2010
benevolentfather said:
Dang...I was kinda hoping that 11th's men would stab yuki and get him out of the way...o well.
Too bad for that one. We could have seen Yuno OVER 9000 times 10.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 14, 2012 3:42 AM

Feb 2008
Glad that at least one character wasn't raped.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 14, 2012 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
God this show is full of retard.

I listed up some of the retarded moments I could remember. Here's some:

Retarded moment 1: That one year ago flashback didn't serve any purpose except for mindless comedy which wasn't even funny. Well for me that is. I mean the show took a much serious turn last ep, why would you insert mindless comedy now?

Retarded moment 2: How in the hell did Yuno got her parents to crawl into that cage?

Retarded moment 3: Yukki's dad said he was sorry and that he didn't have any regrets? Holy shit, you killed your ex-wife and you didn't have any regrets. The scriptwriter must have had a recent brain surgery.

Retarded moment 4: Yukki forgiving his dad like it was nothing after saying he wanted to see the stars with the 3 of them when clearly he was the one who killed his mom.

I might have missed some so feel free to add, because I know that in Mirai Nikki, retardedness doesn't stop.

Wasabi said:

This is so true.
Silent_ScreamFeb 14, 2012 4:24 AM
Feb 14, 2012 5:55 AM

Aug 2007
O.o poor Yuki he is suffering a lot because of this future diaries.

And what the... with Yuno and what she done with her parents. She really has a problem
Feb 14, 2012 6:35 AM
May 2011
Silent_Scream said:

Retarded moment 1: That one year ago flashback didn't serve any purpose except for mindless comedy which wasn't even funny. Well for me that is. I mean the show took a much serious turn last ep, why would you insert mindless comedy now?

Retarded moment 2: How in the hell did Yuno got her parents to crawl into that cage?

Retarded moment 3: Yukki's dad said he was sorry and that he didn't have any regrets? Holy shit, you killed your ex-wife and you didn't have any regrets. The scriptwriter must have had a recent brain surgery.

Retarded moment 4: Yukki forgiving his dad like it was nothing after saying he wanted to see the stars with the 3 of them when clearly he was the one who killed his mom.

I might have missed some so feel free to add, because I know that in Mirai Nikki, retardedness doesn't stop.

Wasabi said:

This is so true.

^ Everything this guy said.

Yukii forgives his dad only because he apologized? Really?...
He killed his fucking MOTHER.

Dropped. I've had enough of its bullshit.
Feb 14, 2012 7:54 AM
Jun 2008
yet one thing i'm still HUH give wonder does yuki got like so "mother-son" incest on his mom?

really even going letter give try to female look like his mom?

are you serious bro?! yea really give i'm assume pics/fic ideas whole yuki has mom-obsession yet really part me think could it be incest?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 14, 2012 8:15 AM

Dec 2009
Silent_Scream said:

Wasabi said:

This is so true.

Amen!

Finally someone else sees the shit in this episode. And still over 65 % have gave this episode a 5/5.
Sir_LexaFeb 14, 2012 9:04 AM
Feb 14, 2012 8:45 AM
Nov 2011
I guess i'm gonna need more crack to take if i wanna understand the next episode. just sayin :l
Feb 14, 2012 9:22 AM

Apr 2007
Silent_Scream said:
The sleeping pills were shown for a reason.
Feb 14, 2012 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
Hello, I'm new. And for all the people complaining about Yuki, he most likely shouldn't have, but did you people miss the fact that his father was going to turn himself in or something? What, that isn't enough for you people? You want him to end up taking revenge ala Hell Girl or something?

Wasabi said:

Because Guilty Crown's inconsistencies ARE worse than this show. Complain all you want, but what happens in this show is actually more consistent than people give it credit for. Yuki was always forgiving. The police were always incompetent (Ninth is walking around free for god's sake). And is it really that hard to believe that Yuki's dad realized what he did after he killed somebody?

GC is, and always will be, worse than this show because it never sticks to its own set of rules for more than an episode.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 14, 2012 11:06 AM

Dec 2009
Flawfinder said:
Hello, I'm new. And for all the people complaining about Yuki, he most likely shouldn't have, but did you people miss the fact that his father was going to turn himself in or something? What, that isn't enough for you people? You want him to end up taking revenge ala Hell Girl or something?

After all the shit Yuki's father has done, Yes that is exactly what I wanted to happen.
Feb 14, 2012 11:17 AM

Feb 2012
Sir_Lexa said:

After all the shit Yuki's father has done, Yes that is exactly what I wanted to happen.

I may not know about Japanese prison or anything, but it can't be good in there.
Feb 14, 2012 11:31 AM

Aug 2008
Flawfinder said:

Because Guilty Crown's inconsistencies ARE worse than this show. Complain all you want, but what happens in this show is actually more consistent than people give it credit for. Yuki was always forgiving. The police were always incompetent (Ninth is walking around free for god's sake). And is it really that hard to believe that Yuki's dad realized what he did after he killed somebody?

GC is, and always will be, worse than this show because it never sticks to its own set of rules for more than an episode.

This man speaks the truth.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 14, 2012 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
Oh God, everyone is complaining about this show. @_@ Calm down.

Maybe my arguments won't be descent, but all I can think of is:

- Yes, Yuno used these pills to drug her parents and drag them into a cage. Simple.

- Just have a think about Yukiteru's situation. He is mentally weak because he has never experienced so much stress in his life. He's also only 14/15 years old, which means he can still be a little bit childish with his naive dreams. Remember Yuno? Her only motivation to live was protecting Yukki and becoming his wife.
Yukiteru has always been antisocial, silent, thought that life is meaningless. His little dream about seeing stars with his parents was his only wish and light in the hopeless life of his, as parents' separation was the worst thing that happened to him. It can seem stupid, but for some people these small, silly things really count.
Every diary holder already went through going from normal person to psycho. Not Amano because he on the other hand was thrown into a game where all his morals, beliefs and sanity were crushed down and putted in the bin. Throughout the game, he was becoming more and more mentally unstable.
Considering all these facts, let's come back to the actual scene, where Yukiteru 'forgave' his father. My opinion? He was desparate. If you remember the scene just before that, at home, when his injured whimpy-father bummed into house, Yukiteru was on the edge of hating and loving his father. He was so unstable, and even if his both sane and (slowly developing) insane side hated him, on the contrary he was still desparate for happiness in his life. AND WHO THE HELL HAVE EVER SAID HE WAS SPEAKING ABOUT HIS ACTUAL FEELINGS, WHEN HE DIDN'T KNOW HIMSELF? That's right, he has made up with his father. However don't mix up the events in the story. Just when he was saying that he forgives his dad's sins, what Yukki actually wants is to find some hope and light in the slowly decaying world he's in, even if on the inside Amano detestes Kurou. And when his whimpy dad apologized, Yukiteru's childish beliefs won again.
Subsequently Yukki's father got killed.
And Yukki went completely insane. Forgetting his sanity, he fell for the madness and naiveness in repairing the world by... Killing.
Yukiteru IS naive and weak, that's because he wasn't ready for being involved into a survival game like this. However, he has also become insane after a while. (Tell me, who became psycho from 'just like that'? Everyone have lost something in their lives/were traumatized)
Nobody will understand insane person's mind, until they won't become mad themselves.
... That was long.

- ... This girl looking like Amano's mum? The only similarity is that they both have glasses (and different looking glasses additionaly). And both had long hair, oh right. Their personalities and eye colours are different, the shade of brown on their hair isn't the same as well. Maybe Sakae Esuno should change hair colour/fringe more, but isn't the rest is the case of Esuno-san having a specific and not so much varied style of drawing, so obviously girls with glasses will look somewhat similar...?

- Kurou didn't know that destroying son's phone means killing him. The only whimpy things that he did was escaping from the building and leaving his song alone, killing his mum and saying "I have no regrets". WTF man? Burn in hell.

- Why is Yuno a 'superhuman'? Well, because some people may have complaints, that in episode about 5th, Yuno had these superpowers and used them to find out where 5th's diary is. This is going to be a HUGE spoiler and you only get to know it near the end of manga, so I'm not responsible for any concequences of your actions.

- No, the third corpse isn't Wakaba's.

- Why is the police not arresting Minene or Yuno? Well, let's consider the fact, what happened with 4th. Also, they are both diary holders and interrupting the game may cause more trouble than advantage. Also, everyone knows that the detective in secretly in love with Minene-san ~

I think that's all.
LadyNightmareFeb 15, 2012 2:08 AM
Feb 14, 2012 1:07 PM

Oct 2010
great episode, a big jump and revelation has been made, now Yukki will start being badass? :D Gassai Yuno emergency use card, she is now basically a slave
Feb 14, 2012 4:00 PM

Apr 2011
Monochrome said:
Silent_Scream said:
The sleeping pills were shown for a reason.

Oh sorry, might have had my palm on my face when that scene appeared.

Flawfinder said:

It's not about the consistency, it's the absurd level of stupidity. Both shows have a certain degree of stupidity and I know Guilty Crown breaks its own set rules without explaining anything but the stupidity in Mirai Nikki is beyond tolerable (there's proof in what you have stated). For people with a healthy mind, it is becoming very unhealthy, good thing this is aired weekly because if someone had to watch all of this in a day or two, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a full retard himself.
Silent_ScreamFeb 14, 2012 4:38 PM
Feb 14, 2012 4:53 PM

Dec 2009
Oh my, Yuno's smile when she said she'd be ready to die anytime was so... ooooh. ;A; I love the song in the background from this part.
Feb 14, 2012 6:15 PM

Feb 2012
Silent_Scream said:
[
It's not about the consistency, it's the absurd level of stupidity. Both shows have a certain degree of stupidity and I know Guilty Crown breaks its own set rules without explaining anything but the stupidity in Mirai Nikki is beyond tolerable (there's proof in what you have stated). For people with a healthy mind, it is becoming very unhealthy, good thing this is aired weekly because if someone had to watch all of this in a day or two, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a full retard himself.

Yeah, I never said that this anime wasn't stupid, but it's definitely NOT inconsistent (or not THAT inconsistent). That was the complaint a bunch of people had. And the reason I tolerate the stupidity is because at least the show knows it's being stupid and just runs with it, ala Code Geass. Also, the show has enough interesting things in it to distract you from the stupidity, as a good pulp story does. For example, not many people bother remembering that Ninth should be in jail because she's so awesome. Plus, the bunny thing and the fact that Yuki actually had the guts to confess to a girl (who looked like his mom) were entertaining enough, even though I agree that the stuff with Yuki and his dad worked better in the manga.

On the whole, Guilty Crown probably doesn't go as stupid as this anime. But it is definitely more inconsistent, and on top of that, I can't remember anything really good in it to distract me from its stupidity. But this isn't the GC thread, so all I'll say is it depends on what people prefer: stupidity or inconsistency. I prefer stupidity, especially when it doesn't actually slow down the story, as honestly, the show seems to be good at incorporating the stupidity into the story's pace pretty well.
FlawfinderFeb 14, 2012 6:43 PM
Feb 14, 2012 6:43 PM

Jul 2011
Wasabi said:

Agree. The police, and the show and general now, is really starting to piss me off. It's been pulling shit like this for a while which I haven't really been happy about but this is just too much. It's not like with the cult crap where stuff might have been made complicated (for the police) with all the chaos, they actually have bodies. The result? A casual questioning in a damn coffee shop. Not only they but she's 14 and there just let her run around and do whatever she wants. If she was in the supervision of someone that might be one thing, not that it'd make it that much better, but she isn't. Yukiteru is also alone for that matter and they just let him run around too. Damn.

It's to the point that I'd like this say this is the last straw for me but it's episode 18 already. In a bit too deep to just give up now.

Also with you on Yukiteru and his dad but hell Yukiteru has always been really wishy-washy (he does complete turn a rounds for no solid reason a lot) so I can't really say I'm that surprised. Pretty much expected it. As for his father, guess he got his? The no regrets thing got me, too. He doesn't regret killing her because he kneeled down in front of a picture? Please. This is the same guy that choose himself over his own son (jumping from the tower), though, so I can't say I'm surprised there either.
Feb 14, 2012 7:04 PM

Sep 2010
The only problem in this episode was that I felt the "fight" scene after they killed Yukiteru's dad was more intense in the manga.
Feb 14, 2012 7:20 PM

Sep 2010
Let's forgive the guy who killed your mother, right Yukiteru? How dumb.

Am I the only one here happy that Yukiteru's dad was killed? Even if he wasn't responsible, which I still think he is, I never liked him.

Yukiteru said that they know where 8th is? I feel like I missed an important detail that told them where 8th is, but I don't remember hearing it. I remember that they went to 8th's place with a search warrant, but how did they know where to look? I might to re watch those episodes.
Feb 14, 2012 7:28 PM
Nov 2010
This is probably a small thing. But I noticed that during the scene where Yuno knocks Yuki,and he is on the floor that the people behind him and that other girl weren't moving when they should have. Though maybe I'm wrong.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Yesterday

22 by Otakupervert890 »»
Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.