MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Profile/Avatar pictures
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Support »» Profile/Avatar pictures

02-11-12, 10:55 PM

Despite spending a lot of time with computers, I am not a picture kind of guy, and so have not spent much time taking any or drawing any. As such, I also do not know the 'rules' (laws) regarding what you can or cant do with pictures on the internet. So, what is ok or not ok to post as a MAL profile picture? Does copyright mean anything already found on the web? Is a screenshot of an anime ok or no? Most pictures I see are of anime characters but most seem 'unofficial' (personally drawn, etc). Any help would be great.
Also, what happens if you DO break 'the rules'? Even if its just an account ban, I would like to avoid that because it would be a pain to create a new one.

02-11-12, 11:13 PM

Anything long as it doesn't exceed 18+

02-11-12, 11:20 PM

Yeah basically what the above user said. Its all good as long as there is no nudity basically.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

02-11-12, 11:25 PM

Do you really think a place like this cares about copyright?

Also, fun fact, I am within my own legal right to use this avatar. My signature, not so much.

02-12-12, 12:09 AM

Thanks guys, I will go ahead and upload what I will! Any other tips/etc are much appriciated

02-12-12, 12:45 PM

I don't think there will be any prob,just upload any char or pic you like

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices