MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Poll: Smile Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

Feb 11, 2012 8:10 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Another pretty decent episode introducing Precure Sunny, but I'm already getting tired of seeing another Akanbe monster.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next episode, which is going to introduce the fujoshi-typeelectric-type Precure who has the voice of Ika-Musume! (She does have kind of squid-shaped hair, too!) :D

Feb 11, 2012 8:46 PM

Yeah, pretty standard but still enjoyable nonetheless. I really like the charge up part during Akane's transformation sequence, lol.

Feb 11, 2012 8:50 PM

Akane took a page from Mario in the way she spun and threw the soccer ball Akanbe, her transformation is really good as well, the flames suit her well.

Oh nice next ep will be for my most likely favorite of the series Yayoi.

Feb 12, 2012 1:22 AM

stevewiess01 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
<!--link--><a href="http://imgboot.com/user/zad1111/images/smileprecure02abc1280x720x264aac.jpg">

Another pretty decent episode introducing Precure Sunny, but I'm already getting tired of seeing another Akanbe monster.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next episode, which is going to introduce the fujoshi-typeelectric-type Precure who has the voice of Ika-Musume! (She does have kind of squid-shaped hair, too!) :D
looks like in the next episode we will see the second villian the big red fat one

Feb 13, 2012 1:59 AM

Hey hey hey !
About this show ... The heroine ... is dumb ...
DUMB AS HELL ! XD
But i like her. Seriously, she miss her super attack, she is exhausted ...
Anyways, at the end of the episode, they show the next All Stars ... with already the Smile Precure ? Oo

Feb 13, 2012 3:26 AM

I don't know
ok those Akabe monsters are really weak - those both in HeartCatch and Suite were way better than those... hopefully they change them a bit

but it's nice to see Sunny :) her transformation sequence was good and fortunatelly they gave her different finishing attack than Happy
and yes Happy is a bit airhead or overly enthusiastic about things - but at least no angst there or some whining, plus Sunny looks like a good character here

next week will be Peace - good :)

plus few pictures of acchievements of Happy :D

Feb 13, 2012 6:26 AM

Really good episode. I really enjoining the transformations.

Feb 13, 2012 7:28 AM

Is it wrong I like this even though it's for kids? It's just so easy to watch, you don't have to think anything while watching :D

Feb 13, 2012 11:29 AM

Kuroiichi said:
Is it wrong I like this even though it's for kids? It's just so easy to watch, you don't have to think anything while watching :D

Some people, including myself, probably watch it for nostalgic reason, because Precure is basically a modern-day adaptation of Sailor Moon.

Feb 13, 2012 11:31 AM

Kuroiichi said:

No, not really. I'm a 20 year old male and I freely admit that I like mahou shoujo. You like what you like, it's not that big of a deal.

Feb 13, 2012 12:51 PM

Ehx said:
Kuroiichi said:

No, not really. I'm a 20 year old male and I freely admit that I like mahou shoujo. You like what you like, it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, same here. While the target audience is young girls, I'm certain a large portion of the audience is older viewers too.

Feb 13, 2012 2:38 PM

The best part of the episode was Hino and her transformation. I thought part of her attack was a bit lame though: Fireball coming from the sky prior to firing it at the enemy? So it would be like this every time she uses the attack? o.O

Overall it was an okay episode.
Vodkaaaa~!

Feb 13, 2012 2:45 PM

ShiroiRyu said:
Anyways, at the end of the episode, they show the next All Stars ... with already the Smile Precure ? Oo

If you think about the third All-Stars, Hibiki and Kanade were in it too even though Suite just started so I'm not surprised

Kuroiichi said:

Uhh, no. You like what you like can't help that.

Akane is awesome. Definitely. Though I will agree that the fireball coming out of the sky is kinda lame. I mean she should generate the fireball herself, toss it up and then spike it or something to that effect.

I really hate this weekly waiting -.- I want Yayoi NOW

Feb 13, 2012 4:19 PM

Kuroiichi said:

Nothing wrong with that and I really like shows like this. They're just so cute.

stevewiess01 said:
Some people, including myself, probably watch it for nostalgic reason, because Precure is basically a modern-day adaptation of Sailor Moon.

Makes sense as they're both animated by Toei.

Feb 13, 2012 4:38 PM

The humor in this episode was so good. I lol'd when Happy missed with the Happy Shower.

Feb 13, 2012 6:09 PM

stevewiess01 said:
Kuroiichi said:

Yup. Nostalgia is powerful~

Anyway, really liked this episode. Sunny's transformation was awesome. The humor is also really good.

Feb 13, 2012 6:27 PM

Loved this episode ^^ I really enjoy Smile so far, much better than Fresh & Suite, and I think I may like it as much as HC.

Feb 13, 2012 7:23 PM

Kuroiichi said:

I see nothing wrong with it. Just enjoy what you like. I'm in my mid-20's and I have an interest for cute magical girls.

One good thing about this series is the good amount of humor installed in. I agree, it is easy and relaxing to watch.

Now, if only subs gets released a bit faster.
Modified by Magito, Feb 13, 2012 7:27 PM

Feb 13, 2012 8:15 PM

Magito said:
Now, if only subs gets released a bit faster.

I think doremi/curecom are going at about the same pace as they did for Suite so it isn't anything new. I wouldn't blame them though because they have a life outside of fansubs.

Feb 13, 2012 8:33 PM

Way too early to tell, but I think I will like this better than Suite Precure.

Ugh, Akanbe.

Feb 14, 2012 12:00 AM

The theme seems to be: work hard, don't give up, and... smile? Interesting.
Miyuki continues to be a happy-go-lucky, but clumsy girl. Akane is badass though.

Kuroiichi said:

I know this has already been answered multiple times, but here's my two cents: There's nothing wrong with enjoying any anime. Anime, like any other form of entertainment, exist for the purpose of enjoyment! As for being easy to watch, I think that's a good quality in anime. I don't know about others, but I watch anime to take a break from the more difficult, stressful, and frustrating things I have to do. So I want something that I can sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Feb 14, 2012 10:45 AM

ShiroiRyu said:

the all star always airs focused in the new precure series!
if you watch the 3 last movies you'll see that they aired at the same time as Fresh, Heartcatch and Suite. << and always with the initial cast so there's no Cure Passion in DX1, Sunshine and Moonlight in DX2 and Cure Beat and Muse in DX3

Feb 17, 2012 3:55 PM

I'm really loving how they don't use the whole "overpowered mahou shoujo" trope at the beginning. Like, Miyuki is a normal girl. She misses attacks, and sometimes her attacks don't even work. That's probably my favorite thing about this series so far.

Feb 18, 2012 5:09 AM

One thing I like about this series is the fact that they are not like "Ok, leanred new attack, ok, fire perfectly." No, I like hoe they're basically, "Ok, new attack, ok how to use." Also, for some reason, Precure are becoming a guilty pleasure. (now get release faster!!)
Banner.jpg

Feb 21, 2012 4:50 AM

I like how they transform for the first time, act really clumsy and awkward compared to suite precure they already pretty use to fighting early on. It feels a bit refreshing.

Also love cure sunny's transformation, hair kansai accent is funny, and the way they charge they're spirits are funny yet amusing.

Next episode would be my next favorite girl, Cure Peace! XD
Modified by Magito, Feb 21, 2012 4:54 AM

May 17, 2012 10:39 PM
Review Moderator
Akane confirmed as best girl.