Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2012 8:10 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Another pretty decent episode introducing Precure Sunny, but I'm already getting tired of seeing another Akanbe monster.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next episode, which is going to introduce the fujoshi-typeelectric-type Precure who has the voice of Ika-Musume! (She does have kind of squid-shaped hair, too!) :D

Feb 11, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, pretty standard but still enjoyable nonetheless. I really like the charge up part during Akane's transformation sequence, lol.
Feb 11, 2012 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
Akane took a page from Mario in the way she spun and threw the soccer ball Akanbe, her transformation is really good as well, the flames suit her well.

Oh nice next ep will be for my most likely favorite of the series Yayoi.

Feb 12, 2012 1:22 AM
Jun 2011
stevewiess01 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
<!--link--><a href="http://imgboot.com/user/zad1111/images/smileprecure02abc1280x720x264aac.jpg">

Another pretty decent episode introducing Precure Sunny, but I'm already getting tired of seeing another Akanbe monster.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next episode, which is going to introduce the fujoshi-typeelectric-type Precure who has the voice of Ika-Musume! (She does have kind of squid-shaped hair, too!) :D
looks like in the next episode we will see the second villian the big red fat one
Feb 13, 2012 1:59 AM

Sep 2007
Hey hey hey !
About this show ... The heroine ... is dumb ...
DUMB AS HELL ! XD
But i like her. Seriously, she miss her super attack, she is exhausted ...
Anyways, at the end of the episode, they show the next All Stars ... with already the Smile Precure ? Oo
Feb 13, 2012 3:26 AM

Oct 2011
I don't know
ok those Akabe monsters are really weak - those both in HeartCatch and Suite were way better than those... hopefully they change them a bit

but it's nice to see Sunny :) her transformation sequence was good and fortunatelly they gave her different finishing attack than Happy
and yes Happy is a bit airhead or overly enthusiastic about things - but at least no angst there or some whining, plus Sunny looks like a good character here

next week will be Peace - good :)

plus few pictures of acchievements of Happy :D
Feb 13, 2012 6:26 AM

Aug 2007
Really good episode. I really enjoining the transformations.
Feb 13, 2012 7:28 AM

Jan 2010
Is it wrong I like this even though it's for kids? It's just so easy to watch, you don't have to think anything while watching :D
Feb 13, 2012 11:29 AM

Mar 2010
Kuroiichi said:
Is it wrong I like this even though it's for kids? It's just so easy to watch, you don't have to think anything while watching :D

Some people, including myself, probably watch it for nostalgic reason, because Precure is basically a modern-day adaptation of Sailor Moon.

Feb 13, 2012 12:51 PM

Apr 2010
Ehx said:
Kuroiichi said:

No, not really. I'm a 20 year old male and I freely admit that I like mahou shoujo. You like what you like, it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, same here. While the target audience is young girls, I'm certain a large portion of the audience is older viewers too.
Feb 13, 2012 2:38 PM
Apr 2011
The best part of the episode was Hino and her transformation. I thought part of her attack was a bit lame though: Fireball coming from the sky prior to firing it at the enemy? So it would be like this every time she uses the attack? o.O

Overall it was an okay episode.
Feb 13, 2012 2:45 PM

Apr 2011
ShiroiRyu said:
Anyways, at the end of the episode, they show the next All Stars ... with already the Smile Precure ? Oo

If you think about the third All-Stars, Hibiki and Kanade were in it too even though Suite just started so I'm not surprised

Kuroiichi said:

Uhh, no. You like what you like can't help that.

Akane is awesome. Definitely. Though I will agree that the fireball coming out of the sky is kinda lame. I mean she should generate the fireball herself, toss it up and then spike it or something to that effect.

I really hate this weekly waiting -.- I want Yayoi NOW
Feb 13, 2012 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
Kuroiichi said:

Nothing wrong with that and I really like shows like this. They're just so cute.

stevewiess01 said:
Some people, including myself, probably watch it for nostalgic reason, because Precure is basically a modern-day adaptation of Sailor Moon.

Makes sense as they're both animated by Toei.
Feb 13, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2010
The humor in this episode was so good. I lol'd when Happy missed with the Happy Shower.
Feb 13, 2012 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
stevewiess01 said:
Kuroiichi said:

Yup. Nostalgia is powerful~

Anyway, really liked this episode. Sunny's transformation was awesome. The humor is also really good.
Feb 13, 2012 6:27 PM

Nov 2010
Loved this episode ^^ I really enjoy Smile so far, much better than Fresh & Suite, and I think I may like it as much as HC.
Feb 13, 2012 7:23 PM

Apr 2011
Kuroiichi said:

I see nothing wrong with it. Just enjoy what you like. I'm in my mid-20's and I have an interest for cute magical girls.

One good thing about this series is the good amount of humor installed in. I agree, it is easy and relaxing to watch.

Now, if only subs gets released a bit faster.
MagitoFeb 13, 2012 7:27 PM
Feb 13, 2012 8:15 PM

Aug 2010
Magito said:
Now, if only subs gets released a bit faster.

I think doremi/curecom are going at about the same pace as they did for Suite so it isn't anything new. I wouldn't blame them though because they have a life outside of fansubs.
Feb 13, 2012 8:33 PM

Jul 2008
Way too early to tell, but I think I will like this better than Suite Precure.

Ugh, Akanbe.
Feb 14, 2012 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
The theme seems to be: work hard, don't give up, and... smile? Interesting.
Miyuki continues to be a happy-go-lucky, but clumsy girl. Akane is badass though.

Kuroiichi said:

I know this has already been answered multiple times, but here's my two cents: There's nothing wrong with enjoying any anime. Anime, like any other form of entertainment, exist for the purpose of enjoyment! As for being easy to watch, I think that's a good quality in anime. I don't know about others, but I watch anime to take a break from the more difficult, stressful, and frustrating things I have to do. So I want something that I can sit back, relax, and enjoy.
Feb 17, 2012 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
I'm really loving how they don't use the whole "overpowered mahou shoujo" trope at the beginning. Like, Miyuki is a normal girl. She misses attacks, and sometimes her attacks don't even work. That's probably my favorite thing about this series so far.
Feb 18, 2012 5:09 AM

Jul 2009
One thing I like about this series is the fact that they are not like "Ok, leanred new attack, ok, fire perfectly." No, I like hoe they're basically, "Ok, new attack, ok how to use." Also, for some reason, Precure are becoming a guilty pleasure. (now get release faster!!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2012 4:50 AM

Apr 2011
I like how they transform for the first time, act really clumsy and awkward compared to suite precure they already pretty use to fighting early on. It feels a bit refreshing.

Also love cure sunny's transformation, hair kansai accent is funny, and the way they charge they're spirits are funny yet amusing.

Next episode would be my next favorite girl, Cure Peace! XD
MagitoFeb 21, 2012 4:54 AM
May 17, 2012 10:39 PM

Feb 2008
Akane confirmed as best girl.
Aug 22, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2012
Yep Akane is best girl.

Really like her normal design and her cure design.

Also the way they charge up their attacks is kinda awkward,it's makes it seems as if they were constipated.
Sep 17, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
Cure Sunny is here! She seems to be hella strong, must be the volleyball power.
Aug 14, 2020 4:08 AM

Sep 2016
I'm not feeling this season so far. Also, for a season known for it's comedy, the jokes are hit or miss for me so far.
extralieAug 14, 2020 5:49 AM
Feb 19, 2022 7:45 AM

Aug 2018
So why this wolf villain wants Bad End and something?.. Ah, ok, so he wants to resurrect some Pietro through collecting negative energy.. So maybe for power?.. Hm.. Interesting..
Apr 17, 2022 1:47 PM

Feb 2020
Cure Sunny is here. Pretty nice transformation.

Ok episode, I guess.. So far, I'm not a big fan of this season. I just don't feel any kind of connection with the characters. I hope it will change soon.
Mar 4, 4:54 PM

Sep 2021
I love Akane, she’s super outgoing and sporty, I love her. I’m not the biggest fan of the Akanbe, there doesn’t really feel like there are any stakes when they fight them. I really love Akane’s voice though, and her transformation was fun. Overall, another decent episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 23 Discussion

minimiau - Jul 15, 2012

40 by ThorVermillion »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 40 Discussion

Kaengel - Nov 25, 2012

10 by kitaaaa »»
Apr 13, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 3 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

31 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samuraitastic - Feb 4, 2012

57 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 6 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Mar 11, 2012

17 by ThorVermillion »»
Feb 24, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.