Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2008 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The raw of episode 4 is out. I'm watching it now. I'll post what I think later, though I don't know why I'm continuing to bother viewing this series.

Maybe this ep will be better?
Sep 7, 2008 1:02 AM

May 2008
Meeeeeh it was okayish. At least enjoyed it better than the previous 2 eps.
Sep 7, 2008 1:36 AM

Jun 2008
I liked it better that the previous episodes, but the anime has still a very long way to go to be able to stand up to the manga. =o
Sep 7, 2008 2:40 AM
Apr 2008
haha i enjoyed this episode just cuz of that idioticc artist who is obsessed with color of blood XD
Sep 7, 2008 11:00 AM
Dec 2007
This anime is far from being as bad a people say it is. The art is great, the music fits perfectly to the action even though it's not that great, and the characters are pretty well-developped too. Oh and the plot makes sense and is quite good too, a quest for revenge is not new but this one is really interesting.

There are far weaker series that have an awful lot of fans, like Zero no Tsukaima, which I watch knowing that most episodes are just bad, and Soul Eater only has a fantastic animation/opening, appart from that it's a huge piece of crap (scenario/characters mainly). I don't understand all the hate on a director such as Koichi Mashimo who does his job very well and has created masterpieces like Noir or Irresponsible Captain Tylor and delivers an honest series like Mugen no Juunin. Even if it's weaker than the manga and not his best series, it's still somewhat good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 7, 2008 11:39 AM

May 2008
Well I guess it isnt bad from a technical aspect but its just sometimes lacking the most important aspect, the fun part, imo. Not that its very bad but it could be a lot better I guess.

I haven't read the manga tho so I dunno what happens there.
Sep 7, 2008 5:09 PM

Oct 2007
Jacut said:
The art is great

o.0!?

Anyway, it was slightly better than the previous episodes, but this series is still very unimpressive imo.

Sep 7, 2008 8:08 PM

Feb 2008
do people blink that slowly? hahaha

well ill watch this anyways
Sep 8, 2008 12:41 AM

Aug 2008
Sori uses yellow (!) paint with his sword... WTF?! Why it's not red?
I think i'm going to drop this series. I don't want to ruin my impression after reading manga.

Sep 8, 2008 2:12 AM

Jun 2008
Better than the 3 before it, but that doesn't really say much.

Let's see what kind of treatment my favorite character Magatsu gets next week.
Sep 9, 2008 10:58 AM

Sep 2008
I think this serie it's quite good, good animation (the manga draws are awesome, but the animation it's preety good also imo), good story, good characters until now. This was a funny episode, i think the serie it's developing well, hope the next episodes gets better and better.

Sep 15, 2008 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
The episode was pretty true to the manga and the best episode yet.
My only qualm with the series thus far is...

it isn't as graphic as the manga. Which may or may not be a big deal to some people, but I miss those "OMG that was gory as hell" moments that I got from the manga.

Anotsu <3
Oct 23, 2008 6:33 PM

Jun 2008
xDDD I hated this ep till liek the middle, when the blood got all over that artist dude's painting, and he screamed "DEKITAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" That made the ep worthwhile. >__<

And no offense, but the art is shit. Not even the good kind of shit... I mean the shitty kind of shit..... you know, the kind that sucks. -.-

If you compare it to most of the other samurai Animes or 2008 Animes, they could have done better on the animation.... it's probably the reason this Anime has a 6 in my list so far. That, and the fact that it has so much pointless pervertedness. I mean seriously, not EVERY old dude has to be a creep who wants to rape little girls. >.>

Sig WILL change soon~
Mar 16, 2009 1:43 AM

Jan 2009
This was boring, I hope to take direction soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2010 7:50 AM

Apr 2009
What's with all these psycho swordsmen? This whole episode was kind of a waste of time seeing as how the guy didn't actually follow them.
Mar 13, 2010 11:55 PM

Jan 2009
I don't really like this series. I'm bored actually. The only reason I'm bothering to finish it is because I already rented the discs and I don't want to waste my money (more than I already have) by returning them unwatched. So, I'll just have to force myself to watch the rest of them. Good thing there's only 13 episodes to worry about.
Apr 1, 2012 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm not really living up to his legacy is he?
Jul 26, 2012 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
Stabbed in the neck! :o
Feb 7, 2014 7:43 AM

Sep 2013
That scene was pretty cool where Sori was comparing the paint color to the color of blood, and when he stabbed that dude in the neck.
Apr 15, 2014 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
Jacut said:
This anime is far from being as bad a people say it is. The art is great, the music fits perfectly to the action even though it's not that great, and the characters are pretty well-developped too. Oh and the plot makes sense and is quite good too, a quest for revenge is not new but this one is really interesting.

There are far weaker series that have an awful lot of fans, like Zero no Tsukaima, which I watch knowing that most episodes are just bad, and Soul Eater only has a fantastic animation/opening, appart from that it's a huge piece of crap (scenario/characters mainly). I don't understand all the hate on a director such as Koichi Mashimo who does his job very well and has created masterpieces like Noir or Irresponsible Captain Tylor and delivers an honest series like Mugen no Juunin. Even if it's weaker than the manga and not his best series, it's still somewhat good.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmenn *Anderson voice impression* Couldn't agree more
Apr 13, 2017 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
a lot better than the last one. but i still feel still lost in the reference material.
Apr 16, 7:54 AM
Jul 2023
Much better than the other episodes. Notice how it’s only good when it dives into a character outside of Rin and Manji?
- The painting guy was fun to watch.
- He thought the police were corrupt, so he joined the police so he could be corrupt
- I’m glad that Rin actually tries to stand up for herself. Most characters in her archetype just lay down and cry

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Episode 12 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 11, 2009

12 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 2, 2009

17 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Episode 10 Discussion

Jacut - Jan 28, 2009

14 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 4, 2008

19 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Episode 8 Discussion

noteDhero - Dec 8, 2008

14 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.