Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2012 2:44 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bastard guy ... XD
You are a fucking troll ! :D
Feb 8, 2012 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
Both Ging and Pariston are awesome, but what really concerns me is once again the quality of Togashi's drawings...will we get a new hiatus soon?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 8, 2012 4:09 AM

Jul 2008
Nice proofing...

Just how far much?

Then time?
AfterGlowFeb 8, 2012 4:40 AM
Feb 8, 2012 5:55 AM

Oct 2011
Ging x Gon
Pariston
Election
Killua/Illumi
+Hilarious ging x hunters

It's amazing how much awesome stuff Togashi can put into 1 chapter
while other writers recently can't even get 1 thing done right in 3 chapters ^^

Next chapter is a new arc...X day? 14th chairman? Gyro?

Nidhoeggr said:
Both Ging and Pariston are awesome, but what really concerns me is once again the quality of Togashi's drawings...will we get a new hiatus soon?

He said no...He was on a hiatus because he was sick or something it isn't something he has to do every year...(although that was the case in the last decade) But he's pretty much back and i'm sure this year will be all HxH of awesomeness :P AT LEAST
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2012 6:19 AM

Aug 2007
Nidhoeggr said:

He said no...He was on a hiatus because he was sick or something it isn't something he has to do every year...(although that was the case in the last decade) But he's pretty much back and i'm sure this year will be all HxH of awesomeness :P AT LEAST

No. Actually you should read his interviews. About two to three years ago he was enjoying growth of his new born. But most of the hiatuses during the Chimera Ant arc were a result of him being picky about the quality of the story. His was of telling the story the overpowered feel of the ants I'm sure he was tired of the arc as we were but like any true artist you want perfection.

The minute the ant arc ended to make up for these hiatuses he's probably going to keep drawing until may then return to regular form in September. There was something on this site revealing he wants to use his manga as support for earthquake victims in Japan. I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm more concerned if a timeskip is going to happen next or is Killua going to have to accept his position as the leader of the family to protect Gon and his sister. WTH is Kurapica doing while this is all going on?
Feb 8, 2012 6:38 AM

Oct 2011
Ishmael said:
Nidhoeggr said:

No. Actually you should read his interviews. About two to three years ago he was enjoying growth of his new born. But most of the hiatuses during the Chimera Ant arc were a result of him being picky about the quality of the story. His was of telling the story the overpowered feel of the ants I'm sure he was tired of the arc as we were but like any true artist you want perfection.

The minute the ant arc ended to make up for these hiatuses he's probably going to keep drawing until may then return to regular form in September. There was something on this site revealing he wants to use his manga as support for earthquake victims in Japan. I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm more concerned if a timeskip is going to happen next or is Killua going to have to accept his position as the leader of the family to protect Gon and his sister. WTH is Kurapica doing while this is all going on?

The Ant arc was perfection itself...He introduced OP villains but handled them in a way DBZ/Bleach/Naruto couldn't. He focused on their characters...Meryem himself had only one fight and it's not like Netero went Super-saiyan. Needless to say, this wasn't the case since the story was consistent for most fans who understood the arc rather than focus on the overview. If he was really tired of the story he wouldn't have made it this long. He wouldn't have created open plots like Gyro, Kaito and Palm and more importantly, he gave hints of Pariston who is owning right now. Also: the 5000 Chimera Hybdrids a few chapters ago... so i'm 100% he's having fun making these great stoylines as well as breaking cliches on the way x)
That's why CA arc was IMO the best shonen arc written :D

Back to topic..he had many hiatuses, sickness, a new kid, and rumors about him being an game addict were the reasons
Also he stated many times he doesn't like to feel "forced" into making chapters...this is the reason he ended Yu Yu Hakusho and had many hiatuses through the Ant arc, he just likes to take his time since he planned a long arc in the first place.
x5exoticFeb 8, 2012 6:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2012 6:39 AM

Feb 2010
ging and gong reunion was somewhat anticlimax and lol Pariston what a troll^^

Ishmael said:
There was something on this site revealing he wants to use his manga as support for earthquake victims in Japan. I wouldn't worry about that.

fake togashi never said that don't know why every english anime news site posted this false statement....
Feb 8, 2012 6:48 AM

Oct 2011
bskbob said:

Ishmael said:
There was something on this site revealing he wants to use his manga as support for earthquake victims in Japan. I wouldn't worry about that.

I've actually read this quite a few times...Either way let's hope he doesn't take hiatus for 5 years >.>

fake togashi never said that don't know why every english anime news site posted this false statement....
Feb 8, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2008
Even though I'm glad if the manga doesnt go on hiatus again, but Togashi needs to focus a bit more on the art.. Some of the pages in the chapter looked like they were still in the draft stage.
Feb 8, 2012 6:57 AM

Aug 2007
I'm not even sure if that was true just pointed out it was from the site everything else I said is front actually interviews from Togashi himself. I'm just glad he drew as much as he has consistently. It's been a good long while since I didn't mind if a hiatus occurred.
Feb 8, 2012 7:01 AM

Oct 2011
Actually I couldn't care less about the art as long as it doesn't signify a new hiatus. I can't stand any other ongoing manga and HxH is my only dose T.T

besides this is a manga...art and HDness should be the anime's job :P all i care about is the story ^^
Feb 8, 2012 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
after all that.....he resigns.....what an ass.
Feb 8, 2012 8:32 AM

Feb 2008
x5exotic said:
Actually I couldn't care less about the art as long as it doesn't signify a new hiatus. I can't stand any other ongoing manga and HxH is my only dose T.T

besides this is a manga...art and HDness should be the anime's job :P all i care about is the story ^^
I'm with x5exotic here. Even though great art is nice and I have picked up manga intentionally because they have great art, I won't fault Togashi for his art style because it suits his world well. As long as the basics of show don't tell are intact, everything is fine for me.
Feb 8, 2012 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
I sure didn't see that coming with Pariston. I love that guy even more now. <3 Togashi too.

Feb 8, 2012 8:58 AM

Apr 2007
http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

for HxH isnt doing that great in japan if you compare it with other series.
pisses me off >.<
Feb 8, 2012 9:20 AM

Aug 2008
Really liked Pariston, I hope we get to see more of him soon. I'm starting to understand more why some of these top-tier (Zodiac) guys are so great. I had a good laugh at the rest of the Hunters making Ging get off his lazy ass and act more like a father, too. Great chapter.

Feb 8, 2012 9:55 AM

Oct 2011
BlackListHunter said:

pisses me off >.<

Yea but volume sales are like 2nd/3rd overall
Feb 8, 2012 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
I'm ready to move on. This little story has gone on long enough.
Feb 8, 2012 11:17 AM

Oct 2010
BlackListHunter said:

pisses me off >.<

I like Bleach but it needs to be out the top 3 and so does Naruto. It should be OP, HxH, and im not sure about the 3rd one. I like Toriko, Nurarihyon, and Beezlebub a lot lately.

I wonder what Killua going to do i know he's not stronger than his brother yet.
Feb 8, 2012 12:45 PM
Dec 2011
Togashi has previously confirmed that there is no hiatus any time soon:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2012/01/hunter-x-hunter-longest-continual-run-to-date-no-hiatus-any-time-soon-says-togashi/

I'm certainly thankful for this. This past arc was great, looks like it could go any number of ways next. First and foremost though Gon will find Kite. I'm interested in what will occur on X Day given that Cheadle is now adjusting the Hunter Exam rules. I suspect that Kite will need to redo the exam in his new body to become a Hunter again. Anyone else agree? Another option is that Gon and friends are somehow required to retake the exam and we can have Hunter Exam 2.0 arc.
Feb 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Oct 2007
I'm caught between being ecstatic that Kaitou might still be alive and completely pissed off that after 335 chapters, that was the interaction we get between Gon and Ging. And that Gon is still his moronic innocent self after the trials he went through with his Nen. It doesn't follow.

Pariston giving the position to Cheadle makes sense but still completely came out of left field for me. It was a nice twist and showed Togashi's still got the ability to build up a hate-able antagonist just to turn around and give you a reason to love him.

Interesting chapter.
Feb 8, 2012 5:07 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah i liked this chapter a lot, It showed that Pariston did care for Netero which was cool. As for Gon moping about Kaito to Ging was also good. Ging came off as a bit of a dochebag but still reassured gon that it wasn't his fault.

HXH is really popular in Japan, because Honestly if it wasn't that much Popular i don't even think they would have aloud a Re-make of the series.. which is really rare to see. I think the future of HxH is quite promising. =]]
Feb 8, 2012 6:08 PM
Jun 2010
I love this fucking manga. I never initially imagined Gon and Ging's reunion to have been like this. I was like wtf but it was still nice. I always imagined one of the corny emotional, sakura blossoms blowing with the wind while they look at each other kind of reunion(not exactly lmao but you get the point) because thats how it is in most shounen manga. That's why i love this manga because it's not predictable.

Never saw that coming with Pariston resigning. I loved it! He isn't the kind of guy I thought he was and all the things i thought that would happen in the future ended right there. For the record I knew Gon would vote Pariston since its obvious that Leorio has no time to be a chairman since he's going to be a doctor.

Uh oh, Killua and Illumi again. Looks like Killua might go bye-bye(my second fav char of all time) but this will only make the story better. Being a male, it's pretty hard for me to say this but....I think Gon and Killua have a really beautiful friendship, best one i've seen in any manga.

P.S- My dude Ging is just like fricking Yusuke from YYH. He's a bad ass with a short temper... I always wondered what kind of father Yusuke would be if he had a baby with Keiko. Loving him even though he's a crummy father, seems realistic that he wouldn't be too conventional since he never really raised Gon.
Ollyx2OxenFreeFeb 8, 2012 6:12 PM

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Feb 8, 2012 6:29 PM

Jun 2011
AriSky said:
I'm caught between being ecstatic that Kaitou might still be alive\

But.. but.. Kaito IS alive.. As a Chimera ant rat. Not sure what impact will he have on the story from now on though..
Feb 8, 2012 7:49 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, I don't have words. This was one of the most awesome manga chapters, I've ever read.
Feb 8, 2012 8:57 PM

Jul 2011
NO. CLIFFHANGER.

By the way, I want to see Kurapika...

I thought the art was kind of funky when Gon was crying. I won't complain though, as long as there isn't another hiatus for a while.

Looking forward to next chapter!
Feb 8, 2012 9:50 PM

May 2011
Damonashu said:
x5exotic said:

I'm with x5exotic here. Even though great art is nice and I have picked up manga intentionally because they have great art, I won't fault Togashi for his art style because it suits his world well. As long as the basics of show don't tell are intact, everything is fine for me.

I definitely have to agree here. HxH has never failed to make me laugh, cry, keep me at the edge of my seat, or simply just entertain me. The story has always been dynamic and each arc was beautiful. After a few chapters of CA I had no trouble accepting the art quality especially after knowing the circumstances.
I now have a new favorite character, can anyone guess who? xD
Thank you Togashi-sensei for the influence HxH has made on my life! ^-^
Feb 8, 2012 10:20 PM
Jun 2010
BlackListHunter said:

pisses me off >.<

It does well for a manga constantly on hiatus. It's just that it's a "non mainstream battle manga" as they call it in Bakuman if I'm not mistaken. It's too unconventional to some people but I recall it selling like 60million copies or so. Still good.
bskbob said:

yeah it is a little anticlimactic but I still loved it at the same time if that makes any sense. Didn't expect him to meet Ging so easily after trying so hard and never thought they're reunion would be like that. Sort of pictured the cheesy shounen reunions you see in most shounen.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Feb 9, 2012 1:54 AM
Jun 2009
And suddenly, all the hiatuses became worth it. :D haha. Almost cried
Feb 9, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
Gon and Ging's first chat - that was odd?
I'm still wanting to know what Ging has to hide, or whether he is just a deeply awkward person?

I'm looking forward to the political element of this story concluding - awaiting the results.

Another cliffhanger with Killua/Illumi/Alluka.
I'm rooting for Illumi, as it will be interesting to see what his interests are when he isn't being a parent.

I'm wondering if the art quality in that past chapter is a signal that the author is under stress?
The art doesn't bother me BTW, never has, I'm just wondering if another break is around the corner.

Feb 9, 2012 3:29 PM

Dec 2008
LOLed so very hard at ging , gon and the hunters xD
also can't wait to see what'll happen between alluka and killua
Feb 9, 2012 8:13 PM

May 2009
Nice. At least this arc is finally done and it's now time for another. The meeting between Gon and Ging was...odd to me. I didn't know how to respond to it, honestly. I'm glad they finally met up, but still odd...but not bad. I dunno what to say, but I was laughing a bit over all the other Hunters saying that Ging was a bad father. I felt like I was sitting through an episode of Maury Povitch. lol Gon apologizing for Kaito's "death" was just so adorable, but I still wish he'd show slight resentment towards his father for abandoning him in the first place. I still hate the fact that Gon never wanted to know anything about his biological mother. I'm curious about her. I can understand his viewing Mito as his mother, since she did raise him, but there's nothing wrong about learning about your real one.

Now, let's see what else...yes, I am dying to know what's going to happen to Killua now and if he will go home without any trouble or resistance. Poor kid.

Oh yeah, as for the art, I didn't care. I don't care, just as long as we don't get any other hiatuses.

Oh I must get this out now..I really really think that there's something big going on with Kurapika. There has to be some reason why his comrades showed up to visit Gon (which includes Senritsu) and not him or why Leorio couldn't get in contact with him. What in the world is he up to? That's what's been driving me crazy for the past few years now. I really really REALLY miss his character (as he was always my favorite, Killua coming in second) and his pursuit of the Genei Ryodan and I'm also curious what they're up to, too, especially Chrollo and the whole "can possibly use Nen again" thing.

Well, anywho, I am really looking forward to the next chapter and hope that Togashi sheds some light on Kurapika and the Genei Ryodan. Looking back, Kurapika probably would've been a real asset for the Chimera Ant Arc.
ssjup81Feb 9, 2012 10:31 PM
Feb 10, 2012 5:08 PM

Jul 2011
That was so awesome 100% unpredictable!

Ging sucks as a father :p

I almost moved to tears and Lol'd. Insane mixed of emotions xD
Feb 11, 2012 5:52 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT THE HELL IS KURAPIKA DOING? I NEVER REALLY LIKED HER BUT NOW SHE GETTING MY NERVES, WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT TO DO ATM? SPIDER HERE SPIDER THERE WHATEVER BITCH.
Feb 11, 2012 9:22 AM

May 2009
Yanoflies said:
WHAT THE HELL IS KURAPIKA DOING? I NEVER REALLY LIKED HER BUT NOW SHE GETTING MY NERVES, WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT TO DO ATM? SPIDER HERE SPIDER THERE WHATEVER BITCH.
Kurapika is a guy. I don't know where you're getting that he's female when pretty much everything points to his being a male. The way he's addressed, the fact that he was glad when Beisu (sp?) didn't kiss him so that he wouldn't be under her power, etc. Getting down to it, the only thing really feminine about Kurapika is his face. He doesn't really look like a girl body wise, so I still don't get why people keep assuming he's female. He's a bishounen.

The reason he looks feminine (imo) is because Togashi wants others to underestimate him and his abilities, sorta like how people underestimate Gon and Killua because they're kids.
ssjup81Feb 11, 2012 9:28 AM
Feb 13, 2012 12:59 PM
Feb 2010
ssjup81 said:
Looking back, Kurapika probably would've been a real asset for the Chimera Ant Arc.

Kurapika can only kill spiders, no ants =/
Feb 15, 2012 10:11 PM

May 2009
eucalyptustree16 said:
ssjup81 said:
Looking back, Kurapika probably would've been a real asset for the Chimera Ant Arc.

Kurapika can only kill spiders, no ants =/
Actually, he can still fight and subdue people, though, unless I'm remembering wrong.

Each chain does something different and seems the terms set for the Genei Ryodan members was for his Chain Jail (middle finger). He can still use something like Judgment Chain on those outside of the Spiders. Remember, Gon asked Kurapika to use it on him and I don't recall Kurapika saying that he couldn't. I think the Chain Jail is the one with the condition where he can only use it on the Genei Ryodan members. He would be almost defenseless if all of his chains were for use against the Spiders only. That'd leave him completely open.

Besides, there are the other chains, like his dowsing one, which he can use as a weapon too. That's the chain on his ring finger.
ssjup81Feb 15, 2012 10:24 PM
Dec 30, 2012 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
Son meets dad *hugh* it could be so much more epic.
But no they had to do i this way very disappointing.
Jun 30, 2013 10:58 PM
Nov 2010
Wow.. I couldn't stop laughing when Paritson stepped down. xD That page with Ging and Cheadle's reaction was priceless.

Though the part where Pariston got all serious and sad kinda killed the mood. =< Can't wait to read more!

I also didn't expect Ging and Gon to meet this way, I half expected him to disappear and for Gon to keep trying to track him down. Add to the fact the running commentary with the whole Hunter Association watching was pretty hilarious and unexpected.

I"m kind of excited about Kaito's death ability now. =OOO He's my fav character. >.<
yngtadpoleJun 30, 2013 11:02 PM
Feb 13, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
does anyone know why gon said "pito" on page 6? It seemed kinda out of place.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v29/c335/6.html
Jun 11, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Kite being, at least somewhat, still alive. If "she" ever grows up maybe I'll have a different opinion, but if the character is never used then what was the point? Otherwise, it was a pretty good chapter. Ging and Gon are very odd people, so of course their meeting was odd. That Kite thing just kind of sours things for me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2014 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
Excellent mood this chapter.
Wonder what the ramifications of Gon's healing will be.
Oct 23, 2017 3:49 AM

Nov 2010
Amazing chapter. This isn't what most of us thought the reunion of Gon and Ging to be like, but that's what makes it so good. Instead of being this epic meeting, it's mainly just awkward and comedic. Still, Ging does try to help Gon, which is nice. But really, the best thing about the meeting is the audience. Their reactions are hilarious and I think a lot of readers reacted the same way.

From what I understand from the Viz translation, Ging says that Kite will kick Gon's ass again if he apologises wrong. This must mean that Kite told Ging about how he punched Gon way back in chapter 1. It's a nice callback.
Aug 7, 2022 1:09 AM

Nov 2020
wth pariston was just playing
what a troll
illumi vs killua?! oh boy...
Mar 15, 2023 4:18 AM
Jun 2021
It didn't feel too overwhelming, it didn't feel underwhelming, it was just perfect, just a blissful reunion. A bittersweet meet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.