Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2012 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
123 out
Feb 7, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
So Miria's plan is basically to make all of the Awakened kill each other? Well, it's probably about the only way to get out of that situation.
Feb 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2008
nice pages....but too much talking. in the end no light on when claire will show up.....
Feb 7, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2007
Sorry ...
I can say i thought this chapter was boring as hell ? :|
Feb 7, 2012 2:39 PM

Dec 2008
Those two Abyssals over there are at each other throat because of the grudge from the old times, they don't have any reason to fight Hysteria even if Miria do manage to drag her towards them. It's like the repetition of how Deneve and Helen were trying to loose Priscilla by drawing her towards the Destroyer only this time there isn't even any reason for it to work.
I want this fight to end already, the previous battles around the Destroyer were epic but this one just feels boring because I don't feel anything about those 3 newcomers to the series and I have a feeling that it will all end with some kind of Deus Ex Machina when either Priscilla or Clare drop by to break the party and everything that Miria and her team are doing now is just a pointless filler.
New profile design sucks.
Feb 7, 2012 3:10 PM

Nov 2008
They fly standing over a thin hair with youki, seems legit...
So Clare is in the Holy City and appareatly ok.
Not too much in this chapter, next one should be better.
DuroDeMatarFeb 7, 2012 8:38 PM
Feb 7, 2012 3:16 PM

Sep 2009
DuroDeMatar said:
So Clare is in the Holy City and appareatly ok.

No, she should still be in that shapeless mess of flesh and yoki. What Deneve did there was to tell Miria a lie so that she wont go down blaming herself for what happened to Clare but instead get up and fight.
Feb 7, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty bad chapter considering quality of other claymore chapters. Tho it was entertaining, another whole month for next chapter is sad. :(
Feb 8, 2012 1:09 AM

Jun 2008
I don't see what are everyone complaining about. There wasn't anything particularly bad at all just the battle continuing. It seems to me it's more that people get impatient by the monthly releases and just want the plot to move faster so they get disappointed nothing big happened in this one.
The fact that the manga has monthly releases though has nothing to do with the story as such and it's progress so people should learn to block their annoyance of waiting in judging a chapter.

Karharot said:
Those two Abyssals over there are at each other throat because of the grudge from the old times, they don't have any reason to fight Hysteria even if Miria do manage to drag her towards them. It's like the repetition of how Deneve and Helen were trying to loose Priscilla by drawing her towards the Destroyer only this time there isn't even any reason for it to work.
I want this fight to end already, the previous battles around the Destroyer were epic but this one just feels boring because I don't feel anything about those 3 newcomers to the series and I have a feeling that it will all end with some kind of Deus Ex Machina when either Priscilla or Clare drop by to break the party and everything that Miria and her team are doing now is just a pointless filler.

I'm certain Miria knows that they won't just fight her because she jumped in-frond of them. Maybe she has a plan that will make do something that annoys them.
And people stop this silliness about Clare and Priscilla. They are both locked in that state and that won't change without something happening. The author won't just make them simply split because they were bored staying like that.
Feb 8, 2012 5:42 AM

Dec 2008
Monad said:
I don't see what are everyone complaining about. There wasn't anything particularly bad at all just the battle continuing. It seems to me it's more that people get impatient by the monthly releases and just want the plot to move faster so they get disappointed nothing big happened in this one.
The fact that the manga has monthly releases though has nothing to do with the story as such and it's progress so people should learn to block their annoyance of waiting in judging a chapter.

You are right to some degree but it isn't the entire truth - as I said the previous battle was epic and interesting and I was curious how it will go while in this one I'm just looking forward to its end and don't even care that much about the minor detail of how they will get out of it.

Monad said:

Karharot said:

I'm certain Miria knows that they won't just fight her because she jumped in-frond of them. Maybe she has a plan that will make do something that annoys them.
And people stop this silliness about Clare and Priscilla. They are both locked in that state and that won't change without something happening. The author won't just make them simply split because they were bored staying like that.

I agree, but the thing is that something is happening. Remember Dae? That crazy nut who revived those three knowing full well that they will awaken? In the chapter 120 he said he did that because he wanted the aura of the awakening to reach the owner of the arm so that she would come to retrieve it (because apparently he wants to witness her power even if he has to die for it).
No matter how crazy that guy is he knows a lot about his works and I think he is right - even in her current state Priscilla will be able to "smell" her own power emited by 3 Abyssal Ones at once and Clare will without a doubt sense it too (as she is very adept at sensing youki) and though she may not think of it much she may just as well act on this and go to absorb and contain the source of this aura simply because in her current state she may see it as a part of Priscilla who she is locked on to.
Feb 8, 2012 7:44 AM

Mar 2008
They can fly now, wtf?! Really, this manga is getting worse and worse. There is no story anymore, its just fighting and more fighting. Not that I don't like it, but it's losing the balance it once had.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Feb 8, 2012 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
Junigenmukyoku said:
They can fly now, wtf?! Really, this manga is getting worse and worse.

This was explained a few chapters ago, but since I got confused by this, too I'll enlighten you: they are not actually flying, they're using that one chick's (Anastasia I think) ability to stand on her hair.
I also don't quite get how you got to the conclusion that there is no story.
Feb 8, 2012 8:13 AM
Jul 2011
I thought this chapter was much better some of the previous ones personally. I know that's saying much but from this one I feel a little bit more progress being made than usual. Miria has a plan and already putting it in motion, that damn sword is finally out of the Abysals throat so no more dragging that issue along, and apparently Deneve has a trick up her sleeves involving Anastasia.
Feb 8, 2012 8:30 AM

Mar 2011
Is it just me or is everyone complains about this manga in this thread, only have pretty small manga reading lists.

Hmmm......coincidence?
Feb 8, 2012 9:35 AM

Dec 2008
PrometheusZero said:
Is it just me or is everyone complains about this manga in this thread, only have pretty small manga reading lists.

Hmmm......coincidence?

Umm... I'm not sure what you are trying to say... You mean that people are complaining because they are not accustomed to reading manga? IMO it works the other way around - the more you read the more you are bored with things that duplicate something you already saw or don't keep up to the standards of the titles you think most highly of.
Feb 9, 2012 12:57 AM

Jun 2009
I was full of happiness when I saw the letters C-L-A-R-E....
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 10, 2012 12:14 AM

Jun 2010
Not a good chapter... And now I agree that it is all fighting & fighting.

I miss the old chapters, especially the ones where there were many revelations. (Like when Miria revealed info about the organization.)
Feb 10, 2012 4:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The reason why people are complaining is because they are still not accustomed to the slow speed of release even after all these years.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 10, 2012 8:35 PM

Jul 2011
Miria did not appreciate the joke on Clare.

The Deneve's words are very powerful, Mira can be happy !

PrometheusZero said:

Hmmm......coincidence?

It is you and don't look for why....
Feb 12, 2012 12:56 PM

Feb 2011
Shit's gut real son!
Feb 25, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
Monad said:

People who is complaining, merely don't understand, that this chapter is just a break time on this battle and in the next chapter maybe it will be the end (of the battle).
Mar 4, 2012 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
So Miria is going to make them all fight each other. Could be good.
Apr 22, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
I am very surprise that Tabatha has the level of "the Top 5". That is good !!

Cynthia and Tabatha have maybe the level of "the Top 9" !!!
Sep 12, 2012 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Deneve's words to Miria were really moving stuff.

Miria's plan to make the AB's fight each other is the best solution. Until Priscilla show's up of course.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2013 4:46 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, the AOs aren's so weak that they doesn't make interesting opponents(what I was afraid of the most).
Sep 3, 2017 5:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great Deneve words to Miria!!!! ;)
Sep 27, 2021 8:10 PM

Jan 2020
I thought that one claymore is gonna betray them....
Jul 5, 2022 4:04 PM

Nov 2020
Hm I am curious what is Miria's plan against her.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.