MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

a curiosity
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Byousoku 5 Centimeter »» a curiosity

02-07-12, 9:28 AM

Hi. This is my first time posting.

I have a question. Why in chapter2, Tohno didnt send letters to Akari or vice versa? I can understand that they didn't know each other's phone number, but they can still stay in touch via letters right? are both of them moving so they cant send letters to each other anymore?

sry to make this as a new thread. I wouldnt sleep well without knowing this ;_;

02-08-12, 6:04 AM

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=302690&pages=2&show=20#msg13278659

I posted that yesterday because I love this anime and I felt the need to defend it, I suppose. It's extremely wordy, but I believe it is written to a reasonable standard of english and should be fairly coherent in its ideas.
Modified by ayayayaya, 02-08-12, 6:11 AM

02-08-12, 7:26 AM

hmm, I'm sorry if i get you wrong. so, in your opinion, they can still keep in touch together, but because they didn't grew up together, they feel that they can't share anything anymore?
Modified by Lliliumee, 02-09-12, 3:33 AM

02-08-12, 6:26 PM

Well, the thing is that they did keep in touch, only to run out of things to say thanks to their differences. The manga makes it more clear, but you can see it in the film as well. During the last chapter, when the song is playing and there is a mish-mash of past and present, you see Takaki and Akari sending letters, only to eventually stop.

12-27-12, 3:29 PM

i couldn't accept the ending at first. it was too painful. but then i did

as implosion said: in the ending theme the two were still writing letters (this was between episode 1 and 2)

BOTH of them checked their mailbox to find nothing. maybe the letter never got to the other? the courier lost it or something. anyway... yeah

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices