MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Chihayafuru Episode 18 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Chihayafuru »» Chihayafuru Episode 18 Discussion

Pages (4) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Chihayafuru Episode 18 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

72 64.86%
4 out of 5: Liked it

26 23.42%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 10.81%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.90%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 111

02-09-12, 11:01 AM

Ugh, the older woman kinda annoyed me with her continuous "lucky! ^_^" Enjoying the match between Kana-chan and Desktomu-kun, Kana-chan plays beautifully. I hope we get to see the other match in more detail next week.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

02-10-12, 7:35 PM

SergioSource said:
Meh... I mean ok Chihaya ain't the best player ever but she was way better than this. It's like they nerfed her only to extend the series

My thoughts exactly, I couldn't have phrased it better myself. In all her previous matches she never had any faults despite all her speed (or at least they weren't shown, or they weren't significant enough to make her lose) and now it's like she faults 90% of the cards. Really stupid.

The old Sakura lady has one of the worst freaking seyuus I have ever had the misfortune of hearing, plus the character itself is very childish with all her "Lucky!" screeches, excessive emphasis on Chihaya's youth and consequential faster reflexes (completely forgetting that her 25 years of Karuta playing over Chihaya more than balances things out) and wearing pink like she was 12.
Sakura-san, you've had your moment of fame in the show. Now please, never show up again!
Modified by Kelvets, 02-11-12, 12:04 PM

02-12-12, 2:54 PM

Wow! I really liked this episode XD Unlike the others, I actually liked Sakura ... I thought she was hilarious and the way she pointed out Chihaya's weakness was really good. Only goes to show how good the Class A players are ...
Loved the finals between Kana and Desktomu, Taichi and Nishida XD Kana's so lovely in her kimono ... I loved how everyone plays using their own style. Good for Chihaya too, I suppose :P Loved the focus on the two beginning players but I wanted to see the Class B match too XD

02-13-12, 9:11 PM

While Chihayafuru still has a few episodes left before it’s end, I really feel that it has continued to stay on the right track throughout (something that not a whole lot of shows are able to do anymore). And it’s not exactly easy to properly weave a good character study into a strategic game revolving around copious amounts of memorization. This episode definitely still kept the same level of strategy and mind games will focusing on Chihaya, Kana and Desktomu's individual game styles.

Probably my top pick for best show this season along with Natsume Yuujinchou Shi

02-14-12, 10:33 AM

I suppose I may be watching this series for the wrong reasons. I really, really liked it in the beginning; I thought they played out the drama the right way and I really liked the relationship between Arata and Chihaya, and between Taichi and Chihaya as well. However, lately it feels like it's going in a direction I don't like and they've forgotten about all of the non-karuta aspects of the show. All of the episodes are bleeding together for me into one long karuta match. Arata is never seen and sometimes never even mentioned. There's no focus on the relationships anymore, just all karuta, all the time.

tl;dr: More Arata, please.

02-15-12, 5:50 PM

Kelvets said:
The old Sakura lady has one of the worst freaking seyuus I have ever had the misfortune of hearing, plus the character itself is very childish with all her "Lucky!" screeches, excessive emphasis on Chihaya's youth and consequential faster reflexes (completely forgetting that her 25 years of Karuta playing over Chihaya more than balances things out) and wearing pink like she was 12.
Sakura-san, you've had your moment of fame in the show. Now please, never show up again!

Exactly my thoughts! It was like seeing Tamura Yukari within a few years playing Karuta xD

I lost my hopes on Arata to show up more :(

03-06-12, 5:05 PM

Onward to the next ep... :)

Can't wait to see who wins each match.

03-07-12, 7:40 PM

SergioSource said:
Meh... I mean ok Chihaya ain't the best player ever but she was way better than this. It's like they nerfed her only to extend the series
ikr?
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed!

04-06-12, 11:32 PM

Haha this was a good episode. Loved it when Sakura was just destroying Chihaya. ^-^

I also like the little battle between the team. Who will win!? :D

05-04-12, 9:10 PM

Sakura was kinda annoying somehow.

I think wearing traditional clothes when playing karuta is dumb. The clothes restrict movement.

06-13-12, 4:55 AM

Chihaya didn't know where to look xD pretty enjoyable episode, and very interesting observations on the game, as always.

08-10-12, 3:02 PM

Pretty awesome episode even though Chihaya lost D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

02-18-13, 5:01 PM

even though Chihaya lost to Kanai Sakura, she learned alot on why she keep making the same mistakes as well as over thinking things

and wow Kanai has been playing for 35 years O____O

she could definitely be Queen!

also Kanai's VA is also Kanai Mika(Higurashi Series Satoko)

the crew definitely search for the same last name for the VA.

Porky is all fired up!

Kana is lovely as always!

who will win on this battle!!!

this is getting intense!!

can't wait for a time where everyone one of them is strong!!!!!!

05-13-13, 10:54 PM

Yup, a good episode as always.
Looks like I was right on there being only a 5% chance of a kiss scene

05-24-13, 9:01 PM

Atenias said:
Kana-chan really looked graceful when she picked up that card :D

Ya I fell for her already :)

Edefrem said:
SergioSource said:
ikr?
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed!

She was better than she is now but that's because she hadn't lost her way back then, and now she has lost her way, and was trying to get back the feeling she had back then, and when she did, she will become stronger than before because her speed increased, she learned new things, and of course her natural talent
Modified by ToG25thBaam, 05-24-13, 9:04 PM
People should give Kuuchuu Buranko a try.

07-02-13, 2:34 PM

Oh boy that was quite interesting, even if she lost against that older woman she did managed to learn something, the competition between each other was also quite nice to see! Lets see what happens next!

07-13-13, 11:50 PM

What's happening to Chibcha? I suddenly hate her in this episode :/
she's always thinking about "speed". this isn't her ><
Yeeey ;) Now that BBCode is finally back, I should better edit more and more for my signature.
This signature is too old.

08-18-13, 8:32 PM

Chihaya needs to learn to sit back and watch BEFORE she's 6 cards down. She caught up, but not enough. If she'd figured it out 3 cards sooner, she could have made it almost even. If she'd figured it out 4 cards sooner, she probably would have won for sure.

If she can assimilate the strengths of all her teammates, she will be unstoppable.

Good episode. Interesting to see so many try-fail cycles after all the hands-down wins she had early in the season.

09-15-13, 12:24 PM

Good ep but that LUCKY LUCKY voice was too much to bear.5/10
Signature removed. Was too awesome for forums.

11-09-13, 8:40 PM

Nietono said:
Nice episode but: Chihaya is always (or most of the time) winning because of her speed and now she is losing because of that only due to what the old man said? C'mon, srsly? -.-

Thank god i'm not the only one who realised this if anything plot induced stupidity is at an all time high for this part of the anime. If anything if shes being this terrible at the moment why is she an A class player.

Pages (4) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices