Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 6, 2012 1:18 AM

Aug 2010
Fav anime from season and probably a bit underrated?
Well more regarding the ep. Lan is getting better and better with each ep, muginami is...well her view point is or was a bit different, and after seeing what Villagiullio did (which claerly wasnt with bad intentions) she got more likeable.
Next ep mugi will shed more tears :/

Also, lol at the bat scene and art at the end xD
Feb 6, 2012 3:07 AM

Jun 2011

Can't help but laugh about this AHAHAHA.
Yurikano? Madoka's mom?

Plot's moving well.
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Feb 6, 2012 4:38 AM

Sep 2008
If the director wanted us to hate mugi then he did a great job.

F****** freeloading bitch -_-;; don't know how she can become one of the main protagonist....
Feb 6, 2012 9:16 AM

Sep 2009
I'm glad that the show didn't stick to the "slice of life" type of theme it took on last episode. Instead, there was a lot of talking in this episode with only a flash of a mecha, but it contained a lot of plot and character advancement.

I wonder if Muginami will betray Villa now and, instead, try to help Lan, or if she will still be faithful to Villa and his group.

I wrote a full review of this episode on my blog c:
Feb 6, 2012 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
kiltroutgore said:
I'm glad that the show didn't stick to the "slice of life" type of theme it took on last episode. Instead, there was a lot of talking in this episode with only a flash of a mecha, but it contained a lot of plot and character advancement.

I wonder if Muginami will betray Villa now and, instead, try to help Lan, or if she will still be faithful to Villa and his group.

I wrote a full review of this episode on my blog c:

It's pretty obvious Mugi is going to doublecross him and help Lan.

Feb 6, 2012 11:10 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
stevewiess01 said:
<!--link--><a href="http://imgboot.com/user/zad1111/images/rinne5rinne5904_1.jpg">
Um, I guess this is the price you get for being NEET + Parasite (directly from Oni-chan's word) + one of the most annoying girl in the show so far...
Terrible face rape!
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
prismheart said:
Also, on another note Muginami said she was poked by the vox and look where her memoria ended up. Haha
Guess the Vox approved her sexy body but putting its symbol closest to its most sexy part to show what it means by that. Excellent way of the Vox showing that it's AI is more human than anything? If so then Muginami's Vox is perverted like heck.
More human, no they have AI that's 1 step from being completely humanlike. It has sexual desire which is a basic and important human emotion.
Wow! So it's as I though of the AI. Then Lan's Vox is the most graceful and conservative. Hmmmmmmm, interesting to think of Madoka's Vox AI. What do you think of it?

Well, then, she an enemy all along, but after here so called "Oni-chan" from KISS treated he like shit, I guess she's on their side now..
Nasty001Feb 6, 2012 11:40 AM
Feb 6, 2012 11:25 AM

May 2011
VioLink said:
Onii said:
Why is Muginami such a bitch?

At least she got what she deserved

This show is MUCH better than Mouretsu pirates.

I can't help but Laugh at this !
The Picture...
and comparaison with Mouretsu Pirates.
Mouretsu is so fucking lame. I'm having a hard time trying to keep watching it. This show is MUCH better lol

Anyway, about this episode... The whole Muginami and Lord Villa-something conflict seemed really fake to me. He sees her. They hug and she's like... wrapped around him and then, BANG! He's squeezing her poor face in his hand and she looks like a chubby girl. Felt really fake/weird. Anyway, we'll see.

And the Muginami squeezing scene GIF makes me laugh so hard xD
Feb 6, 2012 1:31 PM
May 2011
Lord Villa can't allow for Mugi and the others being enemies now that she has the Vox. He needs them to work together to fulfill this legend-thing mentioned earlier I guess. So he had to abandon her even if he still thinks of her as a little sister.

There's still way more backstory to uncover. Yurikano is probably Madoka's mother. Youko (sister/cousin?) knew about the Vox and Madoka's ability to pilot one. And I'm pretty sure Hiroshi (the uncle) and Lord Villa know each other from way before so they drunk to the good ol times at the beach. Of course there is that "enemy" thing to Lan's brother and why Villa is an enemy too.

Wonder how this will work out in just 7 more eps.
Feb 6, 2012 2:14 PM
Oct 2010
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it in earlier threads but...
Madoka’s cousin knew where that memoria would show up if Madoka would ever link with those wonky mechs (the pants pulling in first episode). That is a bit suspicious and hints at the cousin knowing something, maybe Madokas mother (here comes something farfetched, maybe she is the Yurikano that Vilaguilo-what’s-his-face mentioned at the end) was linked to something as well.
Feb 6, 2012 5:47 PM

Oct 2011
gregthemaniac said:
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it in earlier threads but...
Madoka’s cousin knew where that memoria would show up if Madoka would ever link with those wonky mechs (the pants pulling in first episode). That is a bit suspicious and hints at the cousin knowing something, maybe Madokas mother (here comes something farfetched, maybe she is the Yurikano that Vilaguilo-what’s-his-face mentioned at the end) was linked to something as well.

It just shows where she had the mark - the thing was already there, she talks about having seen the ship way before she ever piloted it.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 6, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2007
we all like madoka right?
Feb 6, 2012 8:56 PM

Jan 2012
Here are my thoughts on this episode:

Wherever Lan comes from everyone has long names.

What do you think Madoka means by "maru" or "circle"? Does she mean perfect like a circle? I find that to be an interesting personality thing.

I really like how the three girls personalities play off each other.

And one more thing. Those memoria tatoos... Who in the heck picked those locations. Seriously. When I started watching this anime I was expecting a Shojoish style with minimal fanservice. I really hope they don't increase it.

There was hardly any mecha but this episode and the last episode have been my two favorite. I really hope when we start seeing the mecha again the battles will be better, the threat clearly defined, and the stakes higher.

really good episode can't wait for the next one!
Millennial_MikeFeb 6, 2012 9:03 PM
Feb 6, 2012 9:36 PM
Jul 2011
velkro16 said:

What do you think Madoka means by "maru" or "circle"? Does she mean perfect like a circle? I find that to be an interesting personality thing.

From what I understand, teachers in Japan mark correct answers on tests with a circle (similar to a tick / checkmark) so "maru" can mean "correct" and "perfect" as well as "circle".
Feb 6, 2012 10:23 PM

Jun 2007
so yeah it was looking to be a pretty tame episode. then lord oni-chan came and picked up Muginami like he did

i know that Muginami has been a pain but damn that was an asshole way to say gtfo to Muginami.
but yeah despite being an ass move that was still one of the best parts of the episode.
Feb 7, 2012 12:51 AM

Feb 2008
Awful episode. Two episodes about Muginami are too much for me. I hate the character and she's ruining the show for me, more than the awful quality of the show. I'm glad that old man did that to her. If they waste another episode on her, this'll be the last show I'm looking forward to this season.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 7, 2012 2:07 AM

Jun 2008
Ok the artwork and animation kind of dropped a little in this episode. Come on guys lets not lose our quality.

Lan was adorable as ever(lol baseball bat scene) but the whole Muginami made me wonder. What that guy did made no sense if he really is their enemy with all his heart. Because even if he considers Muginami to be an annoying little girl from the moment she has the vox it's stupid to throw her away like that to the hands of the enemy when you have her wrapped around your little finger. He could use her to get a vox on his side but instead he let her in the hands of the people his supposed to fight.
This better have an explanation like others said(maybe he needs the three vox to fight together) and not just being him not giving a shit. Or else it will make him a very naive villain.

prismheart said:

Also, on another note Muginami said she was poked by the vox and look where her memoria ended up. Haha

Hehehe, Pervy little vox.
MonadFeb 7, 2012 2:21 AM
Feb 7, 2012 2:22 AM

Feb 2008
Well since the Vox and Muginami made a "contract" I suppose only she can pilot it, just like with the other two. Thus, it's useless if a useless girl pilots it. He needs strong pilots, not some spoiled brats. Maybe he wanted to spare her from fighting and didn't want her to die/fall in enemies hands. Of course, Mugi will prove him wrong and kick ass in the Vox.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 7, 2012 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
I can't dislike the guy since I actually hate Muginami and seeing her squirm was satisfying, maybe she can learn a few valuable lessons about human interaction from that. I'm also not really convinced whether it was just an act or not.

Lan was great in this episode as usual, especially when she came up with the idea to get Madoka away from Muginami so that she can try to get some information out of her. And the baseball scene for the laughs.
Feb 7, 2012 5:17 AM

Oct 2010
ZetaZaku said:
Well since the Vox and Muginami made a "contract" I suppose only she can pilot it, just like with the other two. Thus, it's useless if a useless girl pilots it. He needs strong pilots, not some spoiled brats. Maybe he wanted to spare her from fighting and didn't want her to die/fall in enemies hands. Of course, Mugi will prove him wrong and kick ass in the Vox.
Villagiulio proved to be a moron TBH. He should have known how Voxes acquire their masters. Seems to me he never found out and though it was like other Ovids. Well WRONG! Voxes despite being Ovids are unique legendary ones. Thus only one master with its symbol on them can pilot it. I believe so far females only I wold guess.

Of course Villagiulio never got a hold of this info.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 7, 2012 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
Anyway wanna bet that he did that so that Muginami could be with Lan and Madoka? :3
Feb 7, 2012 6:12 AM
Jun 2008
DarthObsidian said:
velkro16 said:

From what I understand, teachers in Japan mark correct answers on tests with a circle (similar to a tick / checkmark) so "maru" can mean "correct" and "perfect" as well as "circle".
From the full opening lyric I read, I think it has something to do with fate ... circle of fate.. changing the fate .
Feb 7, 2012 6:13 AM

Oct 2010
TheLazySloth said:
Anyway wanna bet that he did that so that Muginami could be with Lan and Madoka? :3
Yeah but what would be his reason for that then? The only thing we really know is that he was involved in Lan's Kingdom. He knew her brother too.

Feb 7, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2010
I can't tell if I like Mugi or not... leaning towards no. I'll find out in the next few episodes.

That said, this wasn't my favorite episode. Hopefully we'll get back to Madoka doing awesome mecha combat soon.
Feb 7, 2012 1:59 PM

May 2011
Muginami still my favorite, ugh what he did was just cruel. Poor Muginami just getting trashed like that. Well at least she's got Madoka and Lan now.

Quite a feel funny scenes in this episode, I lol'd at that first meeting with Madoka and Villagiulio was. He saw her panties!? Love the way Madoka reacts and stuff though, great mc. And that maru maru maru was just win.

TheLazySloth said:
I wouldn't count this out tbh. When I saw his face in the following, I started to think maybe he did feel bad for what he did to Muginami. Or maybe it was just a reaction to something else like Lan or Madoka. Meh idno.
Feb 7, 2012 2:20 PM
Nov 2010
I dislike Muginami, so it was enjoyable for me seeing her sad and abandoned.
Feb 7, 2012 9:18 PM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
TheLazySloth said:
Yeah but what would be his reason for that then? The only thing we really know is that he was involved in Lan's Kingdom. He knew her brother too.

I was also leaning toward that opinion after seeing how he interrupted Muginami when the conversation got more serious and also the look of remorse he had while walking away.

If I had to guess a reason I would say it would be to distance Muginami from their war so Muginami can continue enjoying her time Madoka/Lan
Feb 7, 2012 9:21 PM

Apr 2008
Kind of getting tired of Lafinty's attitude toward everything including keeping Madoka in the dark about Muginami and the vox. It's pretty obvious Villagiulio knew Muginami would go after the vox as it is equally obvious he had a good reason for treating her the way he did. Time will tell. Next episode looks like we'll be seeing all three girls flying together finally.
Feb 7, 2012 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
hopefully this gets more interesting O_O villagiulio seems pretty cool
Feb 7, 2012 10:30 PM

Oct 2010
dacak said:
Yumekichi11 said:
TheLazySloth said:

I was also leaning toward that opinion after seeing how he interrupted Muginami when the conversation got more serious and also the look of remorse he had while walking away.

If I had to guess a reason I would say it would be to distance Muginami from their war so Muginami can continue enjoying her time Madoka/Lan
Then I will assume Muginami is a person that lost all and Villagiulio picked her up to use as a pawn? Well that would make sense until then. it needs confirmation.

I want:
Muginami's past.
Her family background and upbringing.
Everything else of value to assess Muginami.
to be able to confirm things.

One thing for sure since Water does not mix with Fire it tends to show in Lan VS Muginami little arguments. It's a pun kind of.

Feb 7, 2012 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
I can think of several explanations for why Villagiulio treated Muginami that way:

1. It was all an act to get the other two to trust Muginami so she could ultimately betray them. (Unlikely based on his remorse and the final comment on how Madoka is so much like the new person mentioned.)

2. He really is a villain and he just threw away his faction's chance to get their hands on one of the three vox. (Unlikely for the reason mentioned above.)

3. It was an act to force Muginami to join the other side so that the three vox will cooperate and bring about the fulfillment of the prophecy/legend. (This implies that he is playing a deeper game, and he could be either an ally or an enemy.)

There is so much we don't know about Lan's background and how Villagiulio changed from being a guardian and playmate of the younger Lan into being a supposed enemy. We've also been introduced to a mystery regarding Madoka's background.

All in all, this was a great episode. We've got a much more complex plot and several mysteries that need to be explained. If it truly is a four-sided war between aliens (as a previous poster suggested), this could get very interesting (and probably more than a single cour in length). Thus far the conflict has had more of the characteristic of a fight between competitors/rivals than that between deadly enemies.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 8, 2012 11:21 AM
Feb 2012
Feb 8, 2012 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
rodac said:
Thus far the conflict has had more of the characteristic of a fight between competitors/rivals than that between deadly enemies.
However with the following,

it could be a Planet Destroyer type weapon. I mean what do you make of that weapon anyway? The fact Madoka and company will fight in space means it has to be destroyed or it will destroy Earth.

Who else thinks of what of that weapons in the pic?

Feb 8, 2012 1:03 PM

Jan 2011
The next episode will be something big I think, some sort of huge cannons are going to blow stuff up?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 8, 2012 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
rodac said:
Thus far the conflict has had more of the characteristic of a fight between competitors/rivals than that between deadly enemies.

it could be a Planet Destroyer type weapon. I mean what do you make of that weapon anyway? The fact Madoka and company will fight in space means it has to be destroyed or it will destroy Earth.

Those things are serious business if they aren't going to completely destroy the Earth they'll sure as hell invade the planet and destroy half of it in the process.

Feb 8, 2012 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
rodac said:

Those things are serious business if they aren't going to completely destroy the Earth they'll sure as hell invade the planet and destroy half of it in the process.
Yeah I wonder why would they destroy the planet if they were looking for another place?

One thing for sure that weapon looks a MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction) one.

Feb 8, 2012 4:25 PM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
rodac said:

Yeah I wonder why would they destroy the planet if they were looking for another place?

One thing for sure that weapon looks a MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction) one.

It could also be a socket plug for an extremely large oven toaster. Either they want to blow us up, or heat up a couple pizza pockets.
Feb 8, 2012 4:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Cirris said:

Yumekichi11 said:

It could also be a socket plug for an extremely large oven toaster. Either they want to blow us up, or heat up a couple pizza pockets.

(Big Grin)

Actually, I did not see those things used in the preview, so there was nothing direct implying that they were a weapon. While I like the idea of a giant pizza oven, to me it looks like a star gate.
Feb 8, 2012 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Cratex said:
Cirris said:

Yumekichi11 said:

(Big Grin)

Actually, I did not see those things used in the preview, so there was nothing direct implying that they were a weapon. While I like the idea of a giant pizza oven, to me it looks like a star gate.
Nice one Cratex! So he could be pulling in forces he works for that are the same ones responsible that killed off Lan's Kingdom...in order to kill or enslave this planet too. The forces could be some forces that want supremacy over the Universe by means of enslaving planets or killing them off. My guess is that Lan's Kingdom opposed them so the few that remained joined them and thus why some of her people may still be around.

Well I like your thinking on that one Cratex TBH. Let's see how it will turn out.

Feb 8, 2012 5:30 PM

Sep 2007
Oh Madoka and her one track mind.
Feb 8, 2012 6:45 PM

Oct 2009
That guy was such an asshole for doing that, acted like he was kind and stuff and then his evil side shows up and does that...
Feb 9, 2012 2:09 AM

Dec 2011
(Big Grin)

i second that idea.some kind of portal creator to bring in ,ships,troops,supplies etc.
Feb 13, 2012 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man I actually felt sorry for Muginami

And I dislike her character
Feb 27, 2012 6:04 PM

Sep 2008
WOW!

None of that would have happened if Mamiko Noto was around to beat that guy into a pile of pulp.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2012 3:24 PM

Jul 2010
Oooooh man I wanted him to choke out Muginami soooo badly. Her attitude, her voice, her....very being...gurghrughrughrarar! Looking through a few posts I see that I'm not the only one who would have applauded that outcome.

I hope Muginami becomes useful. As in: dies a horrible death, sacrificing herself for one of the other characters. Yea, they can cry and the whatnot, that's cool. As long as she's gone.

Oh god why does she stir up all this hate in me. HATE. >__<
Mar 5, 2012 11:19 PM

Apr 2011
He would of been more bad ass in my book, if he toss Muginami at a table or tree trunk before he left~

Now she gonna earn her keep with the other 2 girls from the beginning.
Oct 24, 2012 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
I knew Munigaim wouldn't become the enemy; the OP pretty much gives it away :P
Dec 29, 2012 12:55 PM
Jul 2018

Poor Muginami. I thought Lord whateverhisnamewas is a nice person.
Jun 16, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
Well Muginami's going to be her ally sooner or later but I still had an evil smile when Villa grabbed her face. Serves you right bitch.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 13, 2015 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
Wow Muginami went from evil bitch to absolutely crushed in a matter of 30 seconds. Talk about a wake up call.
Jun 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
I felt bad for the Muginami at the end, great episode though!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Feb 19, 2012

76 by martiantarhead »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 25, 2012

118 by Hyperdude144 »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 18, 2012

61 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 11, 2012

52 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

80 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.