MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Berserk Ougon Jidaihen I: Haou no Tamago Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Berserk: Ougon Jidaihen I - Haou no Tamago »» Berserk Ougon Jidaihen I: Haou no Tamago Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Berserk Ougon Jidaihen I: Haou no Tamago Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

77 44.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

52 29.71%
3 out of 5: It was OK

30 17.14%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

10 5.71%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 3.43%
Voters: 175

02-04-12, 2:40 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so...its out now in Japan right?any1 who was lucky enough to watch it :D share ur thoughts plz !!! the first review was positive so i take it as a good sign
Modified by amirhoss, 02-04-12, 2:51 AM

02-04-12, 2:04 PM

Well, it's a great treat for manga fans who have been waiting and a good gateway for newbies.mstorynwise it's what we've already seen but we want to see what happens after the eclipse. I suppose people who have not seen the old anime or have not p,ayed the games can get past the voice cast but I personally had a hard time adjusting to the new voices

02-05-12, 2:36 AM

dat OP

02-06-12, 3:48 PM

@ParaParaJMo: Thanks for the review, man.

To those of you who live in Japan and have already seen it( I guess that's you right now, Para =P ), I'd appreciate it if someone could share how often the CG animation is implemented. I've heard that besides the opening of the movie, it isn't used as much throughout. Don't know if that's true or not.
Modified by Mormegil, 02-06-12, 3:52 PM

02-18-12, 6:50 AM

I've just seen it for the first time, and I'm very pleased. My main complaint is that it's way too short, with barely 80 minutes (including a trailer for the next movie).

I'm too lazy to write a review, but here are some spoilerish thoughts on the movie:

Modified by Sakujo, 02-18-12, 8:40 AM

02-20-12, 1:17 PM

in the end, i still feel this anime is still a glorified commercial for the manga but gives things that manga can't offer. music, motion, and voice acting. then again, i say this more as a manga person personally.

but i'm also a major seiyuu buff, but if you haven't seen the original anime or played the games, it probably won't bother you. but it just didn't feel the same to me without them. i also like the seiyuus they got for serpico, puck, ishidiro, and farnesse in the ps2 game and i hope they get them if possible.

05-28-12, 6:48 AM

Well, 3d was pretty bad most of the time. Overall, it mostly for those who're familiar with the manga/series. For a something like an extended recap, not too shabby.

7/10

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."

05-28-12, 4:46 PM

From what i've seen from the RAW it looks pretty damn good, cant wait for the subbed BD :D

05-28-12, 8:02 PM

I agree with the positive and other variants of that first review. There is nothing else to say of it. It's how i felt and how it was. However I can provide a pic,

of the online version. As one can see compared to the older one, the bloods. The color of it. The luster of it. The shadows are far better done. When GUTS swings his swords YOU REALLY SEE IT! The whole motion.

When there is a war, YOU SEE THE ARROWS FLYING and a storm of them whom the original totally failed in delivering.

The demon's eyes are well done in that part in the pic.

Finally Griffon IS SO GORGEOUS. I don't think a better beauty exists when done like this as he is now.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

05-28-12, 8:23 PM

Basically, one of those movies where you need to read the manga to enjoy it, which is bad. They also didn't explain some major stuff like, why did Julius order to assassinate Grifith? And why was sleeping naked near Guts? At least the ecchi shows have their funny reasons (need to be naked to heal/power up), but this was just nonsense. Just a stupid excuse to show tits. Warm him my ass. At least she had pubes, which is kinda new to a normal show. I mean, even highschool virgins are shaved lol.
Modified by ZetaZaku, 05-28-12, 10:27 PM

05-29-12, 8:10 AM

The CGI sucks, but it's not as terrible as I thought it would be, since they used a certain style to try to cover up the CGI and make it blend in better. Also ZetaZaku even in the manga they said it was just to warm him up, there was no other explanation beyond that. To me the most disappointing thing was how they handled Zodd, they messed didn't put the build up to him (dilos) and they didn't show him in the same state he was in the manga.
Modified by skudoops, 05-29-12, 8:13 AM

05-31-12, 5:09 PM

Well, for someone that knew nothing about Berserk (such as myself), the movie is very enjoyable to watch, especially with the animation quality. The action is great, the deaths look more realistic than most animes. However, its subtitle is "Haou no Tamago" yet the audience learn almost nothing about the egg. Lastly, the end wasn't great, the movie ends with a speech from Griffith. It does not feel very satisfying nor it give the anxiety to watch its sequel.

ZetaZaku said:
Basically, one of those movies where you need to read the manga to enjoy it, which is bad.
Perhaps you can expand on that? What do I need to know to enjoy the movie more? But like you said, the movie does skip through details very quickly. Like Guts' flashback about his past, one can only assumed that he was kidnapped and he killed his kidnapper later on.
ZetaZaku said:
bad. They also didn't explain some major stuff like, why did Julius order to assassinate Grifith?
I saw this as a power struggle. I don't know if I'm right but this is how I interpret it from the movie. Julius never liked Grifith to begin with (due to various reasons). Julius is heir to the throne, so when he saw Grifith hitting on the princess, Grifith became a threat to him.

06-01-12, 5:56 AM

skudoops said:
The CGI sucks, but it's not as terrible as I thought it would be, since they used a certain style to try to cover up the CGI and make it blend in better. Also ZetaZaku even in the manga they said it was just to warm him up, there was no other explanation beyond that. To me the most disappointing thing was how they handled Zodd, they messed didn't put the build up to him (dilos) and they didn't show him in the same state he was in the manga.

Certain parts of the CGI are fantastic. Zodd mainly, he looked AMAZING.

The majority of the human CGI was awful though. I can see why they did it however, it does save time.

06-01-12, 7:56 PM

iv just started watching it and i wanted to get this off my chest and say that the animation is good until you come to the character movement which looks a bit unnatural also it takes away that dark ominous feeling to it that we all love so much from the original

06-02-12, 5:44 AM

Psychodrake said:
skudoops said:

Certain parts of the CGI are fantastic. Zodd mainly, he looked AMAZING.

The majority of the human CGI was awful though. I can see why they did it however, it does save time.

Yeah his CGI was decent, and to clarify my intial quote I meant they messed up the build up to revealing zodd. He didn't have the two guys impaled on his sword nor did you get to see dilos. The human CGI needs to go though, or only used for zoomed out shots, cause it wasn't very noticeable when they zoomed out.

06-02-12, 5:45 AM

Shih said:
] I saw this as a power struggle. I don't know if I'm right but this is how I interpret it from the movie. Julius never liked Grifith to begin with (due to various reasons). Julius is heir to the throne, so when he saw Grifith hitting on the princess, Grifith became a threat to him.

You are right btw. It was jealously and feeling threatened by griffith's rise to power.. especially because he was a peasant.

06-03-12, 9:22 PM

Just finished watching the movie and I agree with the guy who said that this is one of those movies where you had to read the manga/watch the anime to get the full gist of the story. If a random person watches it then they will probably think it's just some random action flick set in medieval times with monsters, but there's so much more to it than that.

I didn't mind the CGI as much as the fact that they didn't get the story across that well. I honestly liked the anime more simply due to the story telling.

Shih said:
Well, for someone that knew nothing about Berserk (such as myself), the movie is very enjoyable to watch, especially with the animation quality. The action is great, the deaths look more realistic than most animes. However, its subtitle is "Haou no Tamago" yet the audience learn almost nothing about the egg. Lastly, the end wasn't great, the movie ends with a speech from Griffith. It does not feel very satisfying nor it give the anxiety to watch its sequel.

At this point in the story the only info about the egg is what Zodd tells you. You don't learn anything else until later in the story.

There is a lot left out in the story, such as Gambino, the rich child molester that hired the hawks (who should come out in the next movie, but should've been mentioned in this one), interaction between the main characters, and gut's childhood( goes with gambino).
Modified by newtonsballs, 06-03-12, 9:28 PM

06-03-12, 9:46 PM

I just finished the movie, and it was awesome! I can't wait to own this on Blu-ray when viz releases it, and the next movie should even better!

06-03-12, 10:06 PM

I liked it, but the cgi when they were just talking was brutal. I'll probably buy the blu-ray, because well it's freaking Berserk...

06-03-12, 10:43 PM

If this gets a theatrical release in Canada, I'm so re-watching.

Burrrzurk man...

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices