Forum Settings
Forums

Script Writer of Persona 4 Criticizes the Scenario of Guilty Crown [Update Feb 4]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 29, 2012 5:41 AM

May 2009
KayChan4U said:
The Persona anime is actually as close as a game to anime adaptation is probably ever going to get. It destroys Tales of the Abyss's anime for sure.

It doesn’t matter if it is a close adaptation. We can’t think only about how everything is happening almost exactly as the game and the characters are basically the same. It doesn’t flow well as a tv series, because they were not able to adapt it correctly. In the end, P4 is mere fanservice for those that played the game. Of course, some people that never actually played the game may eventually like it, but they are not the public this adaptation wants to get. P4 is a crazy cluster of events that were badly patched with one another in the episodes, and now the tv series will have to rush if it wants to get the best ending of the game.
Feb 29, 2012 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
Miya_F_Exia said:
KayChan4U said:
The Persona anime is actually as close as a game to anime adaptation is probably ever going to get. It destroys Tales of the Abyss's anime for sure.

It doesn’t matter if it is a close adaptation. We can’t think only about how everything is happening almost exactly as the game and the characters are basically the same. It doesn’t flow well as a tv series, because they were not able to adapt it correctly. In the end, P4 is mere fanservice for those that played the game. Of course, some people that never actually played the game may eventually like it, but they are not the public this adaptation wants to get. P4 is a crazy cluster of events that were badly patched with one another in the episodes, and now the tv series will have to rush if it wants to get the best ending of the game.

I've never heard of the game before I heard of the anime adaption, but I still like the series quite much and find it to work very well as a TV Series. I do not like everything about it, but what I don't like most probably I wouldn't have liked in the game too.

and this:

Persona 4 should be more action-oriented. I know that the game isn't entirely focused on fighting shadows and is essentially fan service for those already acquainted with the video game, but the lack of decent action scenes really hinders the shows potential.

Is exactly what I don't want. The action parts are definitely not the highlight of the show and I definitely wouldn't like the series as much if they would have stretched those out more.

GC on the other hand is a lost cause, I get if people find it enjoyable to watch or even somehow decent (it's probabyl not their fault but a lack of experience and judgement that comes with it), but noone can seriously tell me GC is good or even great who has any clue about storytelling. It makes Code Geass look like the prodigy anime it is treated as.

It's debateable if P4 is just decent or really good, but it's not debateable that GC is crappy, decent at best.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 29, 2012 7:53 PM
Aug 2010
Well he's not wrong. He should had been careful though since people will hate him just for being a hater even though they themselves are haters. Can't escape hypocrisy.

I don't know why he's surprise though. There's always a market for crap like this, for the same reasons why senseless fanservice harem crap are so prevalent. Its like the old saying "What plot? Just add sex, it'll sell."

I didn't really like the P4 anime all that much either but its hard to adapt a non-visual novel game so I'll forgive them. Heck, even VN are hard to adapt. All movies/shows based on other media suck and visa versa. And no, they definitely shouldn't had focused on the action. Since it was a game, the fight scenes would had been really really hard to duplicate. Another huge hurdle of adapting an RPG game, especially one with P4's setting. At least, some episodes were enjoyable as a fan of the game. GC was made from scratch so it was just crappy by nature.
BobjonesFeb 29, 2012 7:58 PM
Feb 29, 2012 8:08 PM
Aug 2010
fertygo said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, Persona is better script-wise, but afaik it also sold better so why would he bother complaining about GC's sales?
He not complaining.

His comment is very casual really. nothing offensive about it.

Just like some post in this thread. (most of post is just trash tho)

Not surprising. I can't tel youl the number of times I've seen annoying fans and people blow things out of proportion without getting all the facts. Most of the fault usually lie with the bias assholes who reported the wholly incomplete and biased information.
Feb 29, 2012 11:18 PM

Feb 2010
Just for the record, but isn't "stating that one is concerned about a certain development" more or less a (not the, but a) definition of complaining?
Complaining can be casual and doesn't have to be offensive.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 1, 2012 10:38 PM

Oct 2010
Well, given the high budget, Guilty Crown is supposed to be better than P4 in all aspects. Tragically, even the story itself is a blatant rip-off from other titles. Except for fanservice, graphics and good OSTs, Guilty Crown really can't match the lower-budgeted P4.

If only P4 receives more budget than it is receiving right now, It would easily gain advantage over Guilty Crown. The script-writing is creative and highly-improved compared to the game version (especially adding Narukami's trollish character), all that is left now is the graphics. Guilty Crown, on the other hand, wasted all the potential it had for crappy scripting and cliche, overdramatic storyline used only to cater overfantasizing otakus out there.

I mean, come on. Normal high school boy involved with a pink-haired sexy singing idol in a mission to save the world? That's purely for fanservice purpose, its not necessary to the storyline. That method of pairing normal boy with a walking fanservice shoujo have been used over and over again in other animes, and in 2012 it really gets old: Gosick, Kamisama Memochou, Shakugan no Shana, Hidan no Aria, Fate/Stay Night, Code Geass, etc etc etc. "Since meeting the girl, his life changed dramatically". Yeah, we're getting bored of that same recycled plot.
Reim_SeranthMar 1, 2012 10:47 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Mar 2, 2012 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
What... Well I am yet to see Gulty Crown, but from the anime so far P4 is nothing special
Mar 3, 2012 1:48 AM
Sep 2010
Perplexed? Well I'm not. With all the stupid crap Americans watch everyday (stupid Kardashian Reality shows, Twilight crap, etc) Japan is just trying to catch up! Persona is much better than this pos excuse of a anime btw.
Mar 14, 2012 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
I see everyone posting on his thread right now is a Guilty Crown hater. If you people dislike a show this much, why send your own precious time posting negative comment.

I hear multiple comments about a poor plot.
Well to you guys, some people don't have the time to sit there and watch the show supper carefully to pick up all the irregularities that occur. I know I for one don't spend my time analyzing the show to such a level. When I watch an anime, I watch to enjoy my time. Is that what a show is for? It not suppose to make you think like your freaking aristotle or Plato of some sort. If you don't like, then don't watch it. You don't have to watch it and leave a raging comment behind. It was because of these raging comments that I did pick up the show when it was first release. I saw bad reviews and was like, I'll hold off on this. After I did pick it up, it was a type of show that I couldn't even put down. I finished 20 episodes in 1 day, but that besides the point. Don't criticize a show will all negative comments. If your going to criticize, you have to leaves it ups and downs, not says something like " shit show is shit." it's rathe annoying!

Cliche?
You who really gives a fuck! Excuse my harsh language. People do what sells and there is a reason why it sells. It works. Right? Ingenuity is not always a good nothing, but most of the time it is. But, if you want something that you know will work, just go with what has been done.

In the end, I we head back on topic, what thus person said is way out of line, and should not have been done. But that serves the sands for everyone who leaves only a balant negative comment.
Mar 14, 2012 11:10 PM

Sep 2009
Monarch_Will said:
I see everyone posting on his thread right now is a Guilty Crown hater. If you people dislike a show this much, why send your own precious time posting negative comment.

Well to you guys, some people don't have the time to sit there and watch the show supper carefully to pick up all the irregularities that occur. I know I for one don't spend my time analyzing the show to such a level. When I watch an anime, I watch to enjoy my time. Is that what a show is for? It not suppose to make you think like your freaking aristotle or Plato of some sort. If you don't like, then don't watch it. You don't have to watch it and leave a raging comment behind. It was because of these raging comments that I did pick up the show when it was first release. I saw bad reviews and was like, I'll hold off on this. After I did pick it up, it was a type of show that I couldn't even put down. I finished 20 episodes in 1 day, but that besides the point. Don't criticize a show will all negative comments. If your going to criticize, you have to leaves it ups and downs, not says something like " shit show is shit." it's rathe annoying!

Cliche?
You who really gives a fuck! Excuse my harsh language. People do what sells and there is a reason why it sells. It works. Right? Ingenuity is not always a good nothing, but most of the time it is. But, if you want something that you know will work, just go with what has been done.

In the end, I we head back on topic, what thus person said is way out of line, and should not have been done. But that serves the sands for everyone who leaves only a balant negative comment.

Logic and reason don't work on Weabos.
Mar 14, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2010
Monarch_Will said:

This is exactly how I feel. All that matters is how enjoyable something is to watch. I don't care if the story doesn't make sense 100% of the time. I don't care if the characters aren't very well developed. What I do care about is if I have a lot of fun watching it and I don't get bored... and nothing this season beats out Guilty Crown in pure enjoyment.

Mar 15, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
This is exactly how I feel. All that matters is how enjoyable something is to watch. I don't care if the story doesn't make sense 100% of the time. I don't care if the characters aren't very well developed. What I do care about is if I have a lot of fun watching it and I don't get bored... and nothing this season beats out Guilty Crown in pure enjoyment.
Not watching Another.

lawl. No room to make that assertion.
Mar 15, 2012 3:08 PM

Jan 2012
I hate those people who write /announce something critizing in public and have to apologize later. There been so many of this type of incident already. No,im not defending guilty crown, just saying that if u want to insult it, keep to your word and dont be a pussy that apologizes. My as well u dont tweet it. Nuffsaid =(
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Mar 15, 2012 10:19 PM

Apr 2010
DraconisMarch said:
RyanSaotome said:
Not watching Another.

lawl. No room to make that assertion.

I don't like horror.

Mar 16, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
Guilty Crown.. While objectively really bad, it's entertaining as hell in the second half. I mean, Shu's character development is incredible for a main character. Well, compared to the other male protagonists
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 21, 2012 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
I don't feel like Shu developped at all, but more like jumped from personalities to personalities.
Mar 22, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2010
Well I got bored with persona 4 and carried on watching guilty crown sooooo... yeah.
Mar 22, 2012 7:54 AM

May 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Monarch_Will said:

Well, let's say that for some people a show has to be somehow coherent and decently developed to be enjoyable.
Mar 22, 2012 2:40 PM

Apr 2011
^ I seriously doubt that smart people would watch 22 episodes of a show if they didn't found it enjoyable. Moderately smart, at least.
Mar 22, 2012 6:01 PM
Oct 2010
Mar 22, 2012 10:32 PM

May 2010
Having just watched episodes 13 and 14 of Persona 4, two of the episodes that he supposedly worked on, I really like his style. He employs a cute sense of humor, without getting in the way of the story or interfering with character development.

Now, it's important for the commenters to realize that this guy is not somehow responsible for all of P4, he's just some guy who did a few episodes here and there. Since the episodes he wrote are well-scripted, I'd say he has solid ground to stand on when criticizing the script of Guilty Crown. Of course, I feel like it's a bit of a low-hanging fruit (seriously, does anyone actually think the script of GC is good?), but I'm not surprised like he is. Even with the worst script in the world, if it's well-animated and visually impressive, it's going to have decent sales.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 27, 2012 3:44 AM

Jul 2010
well guilty crown was an anime that you could watch till epsiode 12. there the anime should have endet because after that the story made a downfall in quality and the charakters became shallow. the only good things after that is the soundtrack and a little bit of the graphics. i'm know at epsiode 17 and i'm really just watching it now because i don't want to dropp an anime that i liked at the begining. persona 4 well as an anime when you don't know the game it hase some weak points but as a game adaption its one of the best i have seen so far.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Mar 27, 2012 3:53 PM

Aug 2011
Monarch_Will said:

Cliche?

^THIS. HATERS TO THE LEFT.

Seriously. Is this a Guilty Crown hate thread? No. Stop wasting your time here. I understand that you all have your own opinion, but there is a limit. To. Everything.

I watch to enjoy. I mean seriously. While I watch, I don't go thinking, "THE FUCK?! Why is that girl wearing those clothes? WOAH, were did that come from? OH MY GOD HE PULLED IT OUT OF HER CHEST LULZ MY STOMACH HURTS."

But I can be analytic as well. Why not? The original setting is a skeleton. It's been used by other animes as well. It's like a base-line. But GC builds on it with an amazing amount of plot and story, that I have seen in no other anime before.

GC has an amazing amount of symbolism, and connections. Personally, I love connections in a story. It makes it like 100%... no 1000% more interesting. I've seen GC being compared to animes that it doesn't deserved to be compared to, because hell, GC is way better. Personally, I think it's better than P4 too, in terms of plot build up, excitement, and everything. I have been with GC FROM THE END OF JULY. BEFORE IT EVEN CAME OUT. IF IT REALLY DISAPPOINTED ME, I WOULD HAVE DROPPED IT BY NOW. I'm sure everyone has a different level of tolerance than me. But still.

What's wrong with GC's script? Sure, it has cliches. Name me at least 10+ animes that don't. I love the way it's written. The character development in GC is absolutely amazing and jaw-dropping. Shu went from weak-semi weak-strong-ruthless-caring-sacrificing. I was shocked. I felt so terrible for him, and all that he had to go through.

SO YOU KNOW WHAT GC HATERS. Go and... eat dinner or something.
Mar 28, 2012 12:09 PM
Sep 2010
Personnally, I enjoyed both anime's quite a lot. Must be something wrong with me I guess. :/
Mar 28, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
mmachine said:
Personnally, I enjoyed both anime's quite a lot. Must be something wrong with me I guess. :/

There's nothing wrong with you. That's your opinion.

Even though I do think that GC is like 10x better than P4, I still really like P4.
Mar 28, 2012 6:12 PM

Sep 2010
GC's ending could have been a bit better, but I still like it. A great series for the mecha/sci-fi fangirl within me. No where near as good as Gundam or Code Geass, but still a fun watch.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 29, 2012 12:08 AM
Sep 2011
Guilty Crown was the prettiest disaster of a trainwreck I have ever seen. It was so bad, it was entertaining. Persona 4 at least had characters who weren't pointless prop ups and plot devices. I rest my case.
Mar 31, 2012 4:14 PM

Jul 2008
Am I the only one here who thinks Guilty Crown has a great story? I was thoroughly impressed and loved all the various symbolism. A nice, original, story on power and corruption with more than enough twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. This is the kind of story that grabs hold and never lets go. In a way, it reminds me of Neon Genesis, RahXephon, and Serial Experiments Lain. I'm sure the story will stick with me for months to come. So far, this year, it's the one to beat.

While I love Persona 4 (the game), the main reason I fell in love with it was because of the original staff (scenario writer/concept, director, etc). I'll admit, I haven't seen much of the anime yet, but it's just an adaption. I'll take an original story over an adaption almost any day of the week.
Mar 31, 2012 4:55 PM
Dec 2007
Deardrops said:
NeoBasch said:
Am I the only one here who thinks Guilty Crown has a great story? I was thoroughly impressed and loved all the various symbolism. A nice, original, story on power and corruption with more than enough twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. This is the kind of story that grabs hold and never lets go. In a way, it reminds me of Neon Genesis, RahXephon, and Serial Experiments Lain. I'm sure the story will stick with me for months to come. So far, this year, it's the one to beat.

While I love Persona 4 (the game), the main reason I fell in love with it was because of the original staff (scenario writer/concept, director, etc). I'll admit, I haven't seen much of the anime yet, but it's just an adaption. I'll take an original story over an adaption almost any day of the week.

I suggest you don't watch the adaption, it was the shittiest thing i have ever seen, They made Kanji even more gay and they threw in tons of Yaoi vibes, heck i just watched episode 25 and i'm almost convinced Yuu (MC) x Yousuke is a canon couple, seriously, this idiot has no right to complain about other artists's works, Guilty crown is 10x better than Persona 4 (The animation).
Why didn't they adapt Persona 3? FFS it would have turned out MUCH better.
I'm sure we would have totally loved the Shittiest December ever and the crappy friends Minato made all the while spending glued to his earphones 24/7.

Apr 2, 2012 6:48 PM

Aug 2011
NeoBasch said:

Nope. :'D GC has an absolutely amazing story. I felt like a little part of me died on the inside when it was over. TT.TT
Apr 2, 2012 7:46 PM
Dec 2007
Deardrops said:
Leon-Gun said:
Deardrops said:
NeoBasch said:

I suggest you don't watch the adaption, it was the shittiest thing i have ever seen, They made Kanji even more gay and they threw in tons of Yaoi vibes, heck i just watched episode 25 and i'm almost convinced Yuu (MC) x Yousuke is a canon couple, seriously, this idiot has no right to complain about other artists's works, Guilty crown is 10x better than Persona 4 (The animation).
Why didn't they adapt Persona 3? FFS it would have turned out MUCH better.
I'm sure we would have totally loved the Shittiest December ever and the crappy friends Minato made all the while spending glued to his earphones 24/7.

At least P3's plot and characters were much better, decent character development and one of the best endings i've ever seen in a video game.
Great ending and epilogue, yes. Good character development before The End and Operation Aigis? Not so much.

Apr 2, 2012 8:37 PM
Dec 2007
^P3 wasn't the first to use the heroic sacrifice ending though. I know a pretty old story that does that too, it's called The Bible. And yes, I'm being a little sarcastic but just saying, nothing absolutely groundbreaking. It's a great ending, just that.

Persona 4's end went the other way and instead of taking the normal Persona way of "everything is fucked up and the hero has to make sacrifices at the end" (be they losing their memories, being forgotten, erased from the normal world, etc) they went with a more upbeat tale of humans showing they can struggle onwards and live happily.
Leon-GunApr 2, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 3, 2012 6:45 AM
May 2011
Regarding GC, I think I can clear up a misunderstanding. The "haters" I know, including myself, were once hopeful. We WANTED this show to be good, damn it.

People act like we were rooting for it to fail from episode 1! That's not true at all. I was very excited about this series, and episode 1 was good enough as an introduction to keep me excited. It never reached the level it should have though, and after reaching the half-way point we get this gigantic RESET in the story where almost every changes sides - often with zero motivation to do so.

It's not like we're upset that it had a huge budget while other series didn't, it's that even WITH such a great team and a huge budget PLUS the freedom of the noitamina time-slot they created an utterly generic shonen with boring action, characters you don't care about, and a terrible story.
Apr 3, 2012 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this was old news but whatever..
I personally enjoyed both shows.. they have good & bad sides though

regarding P3, as much I want to see the adaptation (P2 & P4 are still my favourites LOL)
the chances are very unlikely after the whole Trinity Soul debacle & right now Atlus only focusing expanding P4, P2 remake & P5 in development...
Apr 4, 2012 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
Deardrops said:

P2 remake? didn't they remake it already?

P2: Eternal Punishment remake for psp

I must say that P3 & P4 have VERY different themes... it just hard to compare to each other..& thats the reason the ending for both games DIFFERENT in many ways

P3 was all about death & how you accept it while P4 is to accept yourself & live your life to the fullest..

Apr 4, 2012 1:26 AM

Oct 2009
As a professional, you should just keep your thoughts for yourself. Twittering about how some other person in the same business as you is crap idea at best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2012 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
Yanoflies said:
As a professional, you should just keep your thoughts for yourself. Twittering about how some other person in the same business as you is crap idea at best.

He's a hater, so he's gonna keep hating.
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Apr 4, 2012 8:33 PM
Dec 2007
subafaxer said:
Yanoflies said:

He's a hater, so he's gonna keep hating.
I always found out it's the exact opposite. If you don't critique your own industries missteps, who would? If the guy can't stand the criticism then that's his deal, and if the fans can't stand it that's their deal.

I understand if you say "a profesional should not use fellow industry members to propulse their own fame" but some people actually have valid opinions and if you also shot those down you'd be basically saying " you can't say anything bad about your rivals because that makes them look bad". So? if it's true it's true, if it isn't then just take it in stride and ignore it. If you can't take criticism then perhaps you shouldn't even work, since everything you make will have fans and detractors.

Apr 6, 2012 9:33 PM

Mar 2011
That's why I dropped p4...but completed GC, ones certainly better than the other
Apr 7, 2012 5:22 AM

Dec 2010
alexwer123 said:
That's why I dropped p4...but completed GC, ones certainly better than the other

Pretty sad when you have the script written out for you, but you still manage to screw up the adaptation. Heh. I guess people will still forget about the mercy points Guilty Crown has on simple hate or over-critical principle. Pitiful.
Jul 13, 2012 3:44 AM

Aug 2011
I had to drink half a botle of wisky to finish guilty crown ! they used all the money for animation/sound and asked the janitors to make the script !
Jul 13, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2012
Saybarnet said:
I had to drink half a botle of wisky to finish guilty crown ! they used all the money for animation/sound and asked the janitors to make the script !

Another 'special' person posting.

Then you think it thorougly and find out GC writers = CG writers. Sad day for a hater.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 13, 2012 12:56 PM

May 2010
Immahnoob said:
Saybarnet said:

Then you think it thorougly and find out GC writers = CG writers. Sad day for a hater.

Sort of. Yoshino Hiroyuki wasn't the main writer of CG, he was just an assistant. And the main writer of CG, Ichiro Okouchi, is only an assistant on this series. Besides that, the director is different, and a good director will have strong influence on the writing. Araki seems like more of a visuals-oriented director that's less willing to say "this script sucks, make the following changes". Goro is a more story-oriented director and most of the stuff he's worked on is well written.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 14, 2012 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
Seabury said:
Immahnoob said:
Saybarnet said:

Sort of. Yoshino Hiroyuki wasn't the main writer of CG, he was just an assistant. And the main writer of CG, Ichiro Okouchi, is only an assistant on this series. Besides that, the director is different, and a good director will have strong influence on the writing. Araki seems like more of a visuals-oriented director that's less willing to say "this script sucks, make the following changes". Goro is a more story-oriented director and most of the stuff he's worked on is well written.

Sure, but still the same writers, they only changed roles, it's not like if he's an assistant or not he'll not help in the story. Anyways, GC wasn't bad writen, I don't know where people see plot holes (I, for example don't see any major plot holes).

But dissing the writers like this makes you a idiot (not you, the other guy), because in the end those writers made something "succesful" before (and GC took some minor details from it after all).

These are the words from a fanboy too, btw.

Autocrat said:
Jul 21, 2012 4:50 PM
Oct 2009
And I wouldn't call Lelouch or Light "trash". Code Geass and Death Note HAVE an amazing storyline and good character development.
Now it's an insult to those two shows to even compare them with GC (although it's obvious that GC is somewhat of a copy of CG, a recycled one)

Deathnote? Character development? Didn't see it. Its been awhile since DN but if you would be so kind as to tell me what you mean I would be grateful.

edwd2 said:
imo anime fans today look for different things than back in 2006 or back in 1996

Aint that the truth

KayChan4U said:
LOL oh wow tbh neither shows are horrible so I dunno what the big fuss is about.

Persona haters to the left, GC haters to the right.

Guilty Crown is just fine. I love how lots of people are going ape shit over these two animes in the beginning and now they're like "LOL IT'S SO SHIT."

Make up your fucking minds before you join the 'in' crowd, whatever that is.

LoL ^_^ like this one.

In the end im agreeing with utsukushiiyume one of the few voices of reason on this thread
Jul 22, 2012 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
Immahnoob said:
Saybarnet said:

But Code Geass had a bad story as well..it's just that the writers actually tried to make the characters likeable at that time. At least until R2, where it became just as big as a trainwreck as GC.
And while Death Noe was a good adaption, the plot of the story went full retard in the second half. Seriously, dark themes =/= good storytelling. Do you think action movies are the highlight of the best character studies because the movie has "dark themes" like an evil organization, is set in a dystopian world, etc.? Only children could think that way. But then again, the Sword Art Online, Deadman Wonderland and Zetman anime have a lot of fans on MAL....

Anyway, Persona 4's script was ok in the end while GC still gets shat on by most reviewers because of the sloppy writing. Go figure why this is the case.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 10, 2012 2:55 PM

May 2010
Immahnoob said:
Seabury said:
Immahnoob said:
Saybarnet said:

Sure, but still the same writers, they only changed roles, it's not like if he's an assistant or not he'll not help in the story. Anyways, GC wasn't bad writen, I don't know where people see plot holes (I, for example don't see any major plot holes).

But dissing the writers like this makes you a idiot (not you, the other guy), because in the end those writers made something "succesful" before (and GC took some minor details from it after all).

These are the words from a fanboy too, btw.

Yeah, they aren't "bad" writers if their goal was to make something that appealed to the masses. If their goal was to make something with any literary value whatsoever though, I would say they clearly failed. Kind of like how Transformers 2 was shit from an cinematic perspective, but it really sold well, so it was good from a commercial perspective. In reality, GC was definitely made with sales rather than artistic integrity in mind, and it definitely was a huge success in terms of sales. So I guess the writers did a good job, though it isn't the sort of "good" I really want to see in an anime.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 13, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Immahnoob said:
Saybarnet said:

But Code Geass had a bad story as well..it's just that the writers actually tried to make the characters likeable at that time. At least until R2, where it became just as big as a trainwreck as GC.
And while Death Noe was a good adaption, the plot of the story went full retard in the second half. Seriously, dark themes =/= good storytelling. Do you think action movies are the highlight of the best character studies because the movie has "dark themes" like an evil organization, is set in a dystopian world, etc.? Only children could think that way. But then again, the Sword Art Online, Deadman Wonderland and Zetman anime have a lot of fans on MAL....

Anyway, Persona 4's script was ok in the end while GC still gets shat on by most reviewers because of the sloppy writing. Go figure why this is the case.

From your post, I can see you hate mainstreams that include dark themes.

Also, SAO isn't dark themed.

Autocrat said:
Aug 13, 2012 12:44 PM
Dec 2007
Hey, it's up to you if you like trainwrecks.

Aug 19, 2012 3:37 AM

Apr 2009
Immahnoob said:

From your post, I can see you hate mainstreams that include dark themes.

Also, SAO isn't dark themed.

I hate badly written anime. And it just happens that most of the mainstream anime that try to incorporate dark themes happen to be written very badly because they cater too much to the edgy "rule of cool" crowd instead of actually trying to get deeper into the setting and explore the consequences of dystopian societies, suppression, etc.

No, but SAO is style over substance as well that for some reasons gets way too much praise for a clicheed storyline and a setting that's just as generic as most other Shounen.
NidhoeggrAug 19, 2012 3:46 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.