Forum Settings
Forums

First Dubbed Episode of Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica to be Streamed in 6 Countries

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2012 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
DraconisMarch said:
Define "new dub."

Dub comes out for a show you've previously seen subbed.

Skirt said:
This is good news for me, I was interested in the series and prefer the dubs to subs so I'll be checking this out. Thanks for sharing. :)

No problem.
Feb 6, 2012 12:26 AM

Sep 2010
Redfoxoffire said:

This is rather interesting since most people think Clannad's dub is bad, even dub fans. I myself think it's somewhat mediocre and disappointing from Sentai.

I thought it was actually great. Although I didn't really like this one characters voice, but she was only in one episode so it was alright. Another problem is that they pronounced names wrong here and there. Despite its flaws the dub overall is great and it still made me cry just as much as the Japanese version so Sentai must have done something right also David Matranga's voice for Tomoya is hgggggnnn. I have no regrets for refusing to buy the subbed version and waiting patiently and hopefully for the dub.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 7, 2012 3:56 AM

Apr 2010
I don't have much to say about the Clannad or Madoka dubbed since I've only seen clips of each and it can take a few episodes a VA to ease into their role, but it is true that watching the subbed version first makes a big difference.

Personally I think these are all top-notch dubs, both by translations and voices. There's a lot more I enjoy, but it could just be personal preference in some cases.

Baccano!
Eden of the East
Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ouran High School Host Club
Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood)
Darker Than Black
Black Lagoon
Golden Boy (more of a joke dub, but it's a comedy, so it makes it even more hysterical)
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Feb 11, 2012 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
Couldn't watch it because it kept on saying "Loading" on mine. Guess I won't be watching any anime that is live stream anymore.
Might as well wait until Monday since I pre-ordered the DVD a while back and it's being delivered to me on that day.
Feb 11, 2012 11:57 PM

Aug 2011
So... I didn't really watch the show. I just listened for the voices while reading the stream comments.

ANYWAY.

Kyuubey - Bad. Baaaaaaaadddd. Bad.
Madoka - Really hit and miss. Sometimes, she seems alright. But most of them, no. Her voice got too high at points.
Sayaka - Seems alright. Want to hear more, but I approve for now.
Homura - Undecided. Seems a little better than my first impression, but I'll withhold a final judgment.
Mami - Her voice seems like she's trying to hard; it sounds fake and forced.
Side characters - Good. Especially the teacher and Madoka's brother.

All in all: Will undoubtedly stick with Japanese. Not as terrible as I thought, but still not very good. Not worth watching.
Jun 19, 2012 8:01 AM

Jan 2011
Haters gonna hate. Thank the anime gods that half these dub-haters don't pay for anything, so their opinions don't account for anything.

That being said, I don't know who any of these english VAs are, (I have heard *of* crisvee, but still don't hear any of her work.)
Jun 22, 2012 8:07 PM

Jun 2010
I actually liked the dubbed version. Probably because I never watched the subbed version so I never got used to that.

No matter how good or bad a dub is, if you hear the subbed over and over, you're more likely to hate it just because it's different.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.