Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2013 6:18 AM
Mar 2013
Most of my hate goes towards it due to it literally being Mobile Suit Gundam the original series from Char's perspective instead of Amuro's.

Everything the rabid fan boys love in Ledouche is ripped straight from Char Anzable.
Jun 3, 2013 11:01 PM
Jul 2012
xm0123 said:
Why do I hate Code Geass? How do I even begin this?

-Fugly character designs. I have a love/hate relationship with CLAMP's art. Unfortunately, I hate most of CG's character art. It is nearly as blinding as Magic Knight Rayearth's character art.

-Terrible voice-acting in both Japanese and English. Nearly every character talks like they just smoked a ton of crack. Oh, also, this is the only thing I have ever seen where Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn all sounded like complete shit. Congratulations, CG! Not even Bandai could dub this well!

-Insane amount of sexual fanservice. Not only is it absolutely unnecessary, there is also this to factor in: insane amount of sexual fanservice + fugly character art = DO NOT WANT!!!!

-If Lelouch really wanted to overthrow Britannia, he could've used his Geass to have people assassinate the VIPs of Britannia, thus throwing the empire into disarray. He is not pragmatic like, say, Light Yagami. As such, I find his brilliance grossly exaggerated.

-The entire show is schizophrenic. One moment, characters are describing the evils of prejudice. Next moment, schoolgirl bewb shots lol! One moment, there is discussion of imperialism, and its effects on the people. Next scene? Wacky unfunny hijinx! The show lacks focus and proper direction is what I'm saying.

But you know what the saddest part is? CG is actually built upon a very solid concept. For all intents and purposes, it should've been a good show, maybe even a fantastic one. But Sunrise saw fit to cater to the lowest common denominator instead, resulting in one of the worst television programs I have ever witnessed. And mind you, I have only seen the first 8 episodes of the first season; I can't tolerate anymore than that. I think this is the only franchise I've seen where there are just as many haters as there are genuine fans. But the truth is, anyone with common sense could not enjoy CG, unless if they are mocking it.

Oh, lastly, YOU CANNOT MAKE A MOVE IN CHESS THAT PLACES YOUR OWN KING IN CHECK! THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Well said, xm0123!
Sep 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2014
The plot twist is shit
Lame characters
Design chara like shoujo doesn't fit with the story Thx to Clamp
Sep 27, 2014 10:34 PM

Jun 2014
xm0123 said:

-Fugly character designs. I have a love/hate relationship with CLAMP's art. Unfortunately, I hate most of CG's character art. It is nearly as blinding as Magic Knight Rayearth's character art.

-Terrible voice-acting in both Japanese and English. Nearly every character talks like they just smoked a ton of crack. Oh, also, this is the only thing I have ever seen where Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn all sounded like complete shit. Congratulations, CG! Not even Bandai could dub this well!

-Insane amount of sexual fanservice. Not only is it absolutely unnecessary, there is also this to factor in: insane amount of sexual fanservice + fugly character art = DO NOT WANT!!!!

-If Lelouch really wanted to overthrow Britannia, he could've used his Geass to have people assassinate the VIPs of Britannia, thus throwing the empire into disarray. He is not pragmatic like, say, Light Yagami. As such, I find his brilliance grossly exaggerated.

-The entire show is schizophrenic. One moment, characters are describing the evils of prejudice. Next moment, schoolgirl bewb shots lol! One moment, there is discussion of imperialism, and its effects on the people. Next scene? Wacky unfunny hijinx! The show lacks focus and proper direction is what I'm saying.

But you know what the saddest part is? CG is actually built upon a very solid concept. For all intents and purposes, it should've been a good show, maybe even a fantastic one. But Sunrise saw fit to cater to the lowest common denominator instead, resulting in one of the worst television programs I have ever witnessed. And mind you, I have only seen the first 8 episodes of the first season; I can't tolerate anymore than that. I think this is the only franchise I've seen where there are just as many haters as there are genuine fans. But the truth is, anyone with common sense could not enjoy CG, unless if they are mocking it.

Oh, lastly, YOU CANNOT MAKE A MOVE IN CHESS THAT PLACES YOUR OWN KING IN CHECK! THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!
damn straight
xm0123 said:

fucking damn straight
Oct 21, 2015 9:12 PM

Jan 2015
I don't particulary hate it, but I just dislike the characters.....they're mtfkg ugly as fck.....those eyes...
Jan 2, 2016 11:28 AM
Aug 2011
A little late ,but I just started to watch Code Geass R1.
It's not like I hate the show but like everyone, I just don't understand why is that show so overrated, I don't even see Lelouche as a smart anime character, and I hate his seiyuu.
The chara design is alright, but the mecha stuff is a bit too much for me though...
Maybe I should've watch this , back then in 2006!
Nov 6, 2016 5:52 AM

May 2016
I dropped Code geass before because of it's character design then I decided to watch it because I usually see comments how good it is so I expected to be good but what I got was a Story so bad that you want to see it to the end and So I am now watching R2 to see it's conclusion.
Honestly, the fight scenes are beautiful but The characters.......just horrible.
I wasted my time but I get to say that it's OVERRATED and bad.
I'm happy I found this forum cause I really want to say I HATE it.
Carbon is a chemical Element with symbol C and atomic number 6. It is nonmetallic and tetravalent—making four electrons available to form covalent chemical bonds.
Symbol: C
Atomic mass: 12.0107 u ± 0.0008 u
Atomic number: 6
Electron configuration: [He] 2s22p2
Discovered: 3750 BC
Electrons per shell: 2, 4
Nov 18, 2016 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
Grave7 said:
Reasons please. _Reasons_ . Otherwise, what you're saying is just bullshit.

Hey! I enjoyed this anime too! But unlike you, I respect their opinions! I think that Death Note is better than this now :/
Oct 31, 2017 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
Used to love this, but now I decided one thing.
This show SUCKS.
First, the characters don't even look human and they overall look weird. They're insanely tall but they're very very noodle. And to me, Lelouch's face looks like a donkey's face.
The story was also lame and It can't decide If It's a war, a mecha or a school/harem.
The characters are cringy. Especially Nina and Shirley! The only character I liked was CC!
Not to mention It tries to look smart but In reality, It's not really that smart and relies on plotarmor.
And they're gonna make a stupid season 3, despite Lelouch was already dead at the end of R2 and a 3rd season with him alive will make his sacrifice meaningless.
Aug 22, 2018 5:49 PM
Jul 2017
Well, code geass IS a good anime, not perfect but incredible. It isn't as OVERRATED AS TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
Oct 15, 2019 7:50 AM
Oct 2019
I'm not going to say the Anime is awful, but it is overrated. It tries to include every anime trope out there making a huge mess. I got really sick of things just happening and characters just flip-flopping because it suited the writers desires The show itself really did feel kind of schizophrenic. The worst is the ending though.

A two month time skip with little to no information on what occurred during it is stupid. How was Nunnally treated during those two months? How Did Lelouch managed to captured everyone?

Suzaku should have stay more true to his ideals of working peacefully and within the system. The fact he was willing to kill millions of people just made him a hypocrite. He and Lelouch should have had a better Magneto and Xavier relationship. I agree with him teaming up with Lelouch towards the end to stop his father, and perhaps fighting some other greater evils along the way was an excellent idea. However, he should have never gone along with Plan Zero. After defeating the Emperor and seeing Lelouch is up to his old tricks, he should have once again stood against him. Lelouch should have saved his Geass command telling Suzaku that if he feels Lelouch ever strays from the path of good again, that he needs to stop him no matter the cost. That is what should have led to Suzaku killing Lelouch, thus making him a true hero to the people, not a false hero. It would have also been very emotional that once he kills Lelouch he tears off his mask crying and yelling at him, "why did you make me do this!?"

Kallen originally tried to defend Lelouch from being killed Black Knights, and she knew he was willing to lie and pretend to be a villain to protect her. Yet she was then willing to actually believe that bull shit once he became emperor simply because he broke her heart? It was a really weak character moment on her part. She should have gone against him, but gone against knowing he was setting himself up for suicide, thus creating a very interesting dynamic between the two.

Lelouch has to be the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in Anime (granted I suppose Suzaku is also just as bad). Lelouch sits and gives heart warmed speeches about ideals, hopes, and dreams, but then he just goes around and tramples on anyone who doesn't agree with his idiotic ideology. He stood there and told Charles that forcing kindness on others is a crime, and refused to listen to his father's reasons for hurting Lelouch and Nunnally. Yet Lelouch turns around and performs just as heinous acts as his father. You could argue what Lelouch did was even worst than his father.

The fact that Lelouch managed to trick all the world leaders was stupid. At least Kaguya should have had more faith in him based on her earlier relationship with him. She should have realized his plan but went along with it. Even while being held captive, she should have tried to assure everyone everything was all right and that Lelouch would be defeated while whispering to herself that Lelouch better hurry with his plan. This would have at least made more sense as to how Lelouch managed to capture all the world leaders and get pass their security.

The worst was Nunnally though.
I really hate how they was Nunnally as Lelouch's weakness until the very end was disgraceful. Yes, that made sense in the beginning, but the fact their love was so easily used against them really disrespects what love is supposed to be.
Her death was so tragic and then suddenly just for plot purposes she was suddenly alive and truly believes Lelouch is evil and feeding into schneizel's lies despite being able to understand a person's actions just by holding their hand. Did everyone forget Lelouch pretty much raised her for seven years. She should have known something was up. I still like she was willing to face him, but she should have made it more clear she was trying to stop his actions, not him. There should have been more hesitation when she decided to launch the Damocles, and when she does she should have said something about hoping people can forgive her and that she hopes Lelouch lives.

There was also no reason for Lelouch to use his Gease on her to make her give him the key to Damocles. He had already won. He could have easily taken it from her by force. It's not like she could resist him and she wasn't the type of person who would have just launched it again recklessly. The fact that he could only tell her he loves her and is proud of her while she was under his mind control and couldn't actually hear him proved he truly was a coward despite fans claiming the opposite.

When she fell from her chair, and cried after Lelouch, he didn't even turn around to see if she was O.K. He walked away without even a single tear. While I understand him needing her to be his enemy for her own safety, this complete disregard for her physical as well as her own emotions and desires contradicts the love he claims to have for her.

It would have been more interesting and heart fulfilling if Lelouch had used his Gease on Nunnally and ordered her to publicly shift all blame on him and act as his enemy. This would have allowed him to properly tell her he loved her, and share at least some information with her so she isn't as heartbroken. But it also secures she can't stop them either.

In the end, I really hate how the anime tries to force people to accept that the ends justify the means, and that Lelouch's plan would have brought forth world peace. History has shown countless times again that creating a common enemy doesn't bring about lasting peace. It brings about a temporary truce, and once that common enemy is gone, people revert to their old ways. Lelouch's plan would have cured some symptoms of war, but done nothing about the disease. If anything, he would have signed his sister's and Suzaku's death sentence. Many people would not have accepted them as leaders, and once the world found out Suzaku was Zero, chaos would rise.

CrazymalletsNov 26, 2019 12:09 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Code Geass Is Getting a Season 3?

removed-user - Oct 31, 2017

0 by removed-user »»
Oct 31, 2017 8:22 PM

» Mocking code geass

mitija - Aug 24, 2008

23 by Roth »»
Mar 9, 2015 11:00 AM

Poll: » most stupid code geass character

mitija - Aug 24, 2008

20 by Gikiseima »»
Sep 29, 2014 4:57 AM

» For all anti CG haters

Karisma - Aug 24, 2008

29 by udikii »»
Apr 8, 2010 9:34 AM

» my Recs

mitija - Aug 24, 2008

6 by udikii »»
Apr 8, 2010 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.