Episode Information
Forums

Pages (7) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

Feb 2, 2012 11:03 PM

Meh when i downloaded this I was Like * YAY BRS!!* then i slowly thought to myself wait why i'm i excited for this oh yeah because it's the TV version so it's gotta be better then the Ova sadly it wasn't did they not learn anything from the last time it feels just like the ova but worst granted it's the first episode but i still have no clue on whats going on.

at least those moments she got hit were pretty brutal wish we could had seen more!

-still gonna watch because i wanna see if this gets any better lol

Feb 2, 2012 11:24 PM

Everything that was wrong? The entire script for starters.

Oh cool, we have someone who has read the script for Episodes 1-8!
Share plz.

Feb 2, 2012 11:34 PM

Damn, katsu044 already wrote all that I wanted to say about this show.
OrangeHollow.png

Feb 2, 2012 11:45 PM

well i liked it :D

I am questioning the 'quality' of the animation though, but still ill definitely watch all 8 eps

Feb 2, 2012 11:53 PM

OrangeHollow said:
Damn, katsu044 already wrote all that I wanted to say about this show.
saved you the trouble good sir!.

Feb 2, 2012 11:55 PM

I liked it.
(so far.)

=]
"sometimes i wonder if it's worth always wearing black as i suffer under the sweltering summer sun and feel like melting. the answer is yes." - Dan Howell

Feb 3, 2012 12:06 AM

I like kagari in the other world, whatever she's called...
the characters looked better in the OVA though..

Feb 3, 2012 12:16 AM

Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Even with my already low expectations, this was terrible.

Feb 3, 2012 12:52 AM

I think people are exaggerating, it's not that bad, it's just an average show that everyone hyped up in their heads to be especially good or especially bad for no real reason.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

Feb 3, 2012 1:01 AM

CGI was fine, but the normal world character design failed in comparison to the OVA.

I'd like to watch those CGI scenes in 3D though to see what parts will be emphasized.

Feb 3, 2012 1:39 AM

Just, wait, where did you watch this? .__.
I can't find it anywhere! D:

Feb 3, 2012 1:45 AM

Like it so far, good episode. Really liked the animation though, it was just as good as i expected it to be if not better; look forward to more episodes.

FlyingBanana8D said:
Just, wait, where did you watch this? .__.
I can't find it anywhere! D:

I'm sure there are plenty of other places but here is one

http://www.animeseason.com/black-rock-shooter-2012/

Feb 3, 2012 1:47 AM

It was alright.

Feb 3, 2012 1:47 AM

Not bad at all,even that it has some flaws,the animation is not that good ,it has potential and i think once they explain a little more it will get better...I will keep watching it as i like it.

And peeps remember never judge anything by the first look give it a chance!

Feb 3, 2012 1:49 AM

I didn't have high expectations because of weird the character design but this episode was even worse than I thought it would be. Art aside, I was never picky about this but the story... oh, wait, there's none. Seriously, did I really spend 20 minutes watching two little girls being emo over one little brat that could use a hit to the face? Oh, they were emo over not being friends too, my bad.

Not to mention that the fighting scenes were... uh... kinda pointless. I mean, the first fight (nitro) was big flashy with big guns, explosions and fancy effects. That's about it. No reason for the fight so far and since I'm getting huge let's-drag-in-as-many-people-as-we-can vibes from it, I doubt it will be explained.

I also dislike the whole "someone else suffers your mental damage" idea. IMO the other world was made much better in the OVA. This is just too cheesy for me. This episode made me feel like the whole show will be full or random nonsense just to get as many fans as possible. I mean, we had wannabe school drama, shoujo ai hints, pointless but cool fights, dumb reasoning behind them and stereotype characters. I'll try watching the next ep just because I liked OVA.

Feb 3, 2012 1:53 AM

i thought the OVA was average.then i took a tv-series in the knee xD
kidding both are fine by me xD
Modified by amirhoss, Feb 3, 2012 1:57 AM

Feb 3, 2012 2:23 AM

The script is beyond terrible. I don't like Mato reciting the colors of the rainbow like a 3 year old.

She'd make a GREAT Narrator in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat", though.

Otherwise, it's watchable. I really want to see if my prediction of Irino-sensei being Black Gold Saw is on. It makes even more sense now, since she's the one who is the one "watching" over these girls, and Black Gold Saw is "watching" over the fights in the Other World.

Looks like she appears next week, going by episode 2's preview (on the official site)

Really wish we could get an answer about why they didn't just continue off from the OVA; I can't imagine how hard it must be to continue on from that plot *rolls eyes*

Feb 3, 2012 2:28 AM

lucy_kawaii said:
people keep saying "its horrible", "its shit", "very terrible".

huh are u guys crazy? conclusion already after the first episode?

after saying all that, be sure to drop this show and get out of here.

it was actually pretty good, i cant really compare it to the OVA though cause its only the first episode.

alternative world and friendship, ok i kinda got it. its not that confusing right?

episode rating: 4/5

This. Just this.
Seriously it's the first episode, not much else to say since this seems to be setting up stuff for later.

Feb 3, 2012 2:30 AM

it interesting that at the poll no one voted that they hated BRS

Feb 3, 2012 3:00 AM

Didn't expect a noitaminA show to have such a meh start =/

Feb 3, 2012 3:06 AM

i dunno about you guys. but for me, this is hella entertaining.

Feb 3, 2012 3:16 AM

Fuck off haters, why can't you see the godly animation of this anime.

Feb 3, 2012 3:16 AM

I haven't seen any other Black rock incarnations so I'm looking at this from a clean slate.

As someone already pointed out, this show definitely has a Madoka vibe to it. pastel looking school life and abstract artistic battle scenes. I'm not sure what's the point of the battle scenes. Are they for real? or just a metaphorical interpretation on the emotional struggles the girls are having?

The show seems interesting enough. I'll stick with it.

Feb 3, 2012 3:37 AM

Just WHAT THE FUCK happened to the "actual story" that huke invented? I thought DM and BRS were rivals and for God's sake, DM is NOT a helpless veil-and-glasses-wearing little girl. She has a Scythe and two Skull-helpers and is supposed to be uber kickass. Wtf.
The OVA had the "OMG It's getting animated-feel" so while watching this it wasn't half as bad as this.
This is just a whole pack of "why?"
Also: If I would've been Mato I would've slapped the hell out of that wheelchair b*tch and not run home and cry and weep. A wheelchair doen't make you a saint so shut the fuck up. I'll eat that red macron if you like it or not.

Only thing OK was the animation (Admit it, the OVA was worse) and the soundtrack so it's a 3/5 from me.
The Opening was horrible. Why Miku, whyyy? I hate her voice so much and they made it even worse then the original song.

I am really really really really really sceptical about this one. Oh well it only has 8 episodes what could possibly go wrong?!

Feb 3, 2012 3:50 AM

So they changed almost everything from the OVA and turned it into a longer version alternate universe story? Fuck yeah.

Miku singing the ED? Just wow.

The wheelchair girl just made into the top 10 most hated characters ever in my list. I wish she and her parallel universe self Chariot get crushed by Black Rock Shooter.

Good episode for a setting up.
Modified by mrghost_00, Feb 3, 2012 3:54 AM

Feb 3, 2012 3:55 AM

Shit

Feb 3, 2012 4:03 AM

I love it, it builds up mysterious again, that means they're not doing any different than the OVA. I'm so glad.

Feb 3, 2012 4:06 AM

-MgZ_ said:

Cause there isn't.

And yup
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:

Feb 3, 2012 4:21 AM

-MgZ_ said:
godly animation of this anime.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

put it in the curry - music

Feb 3, 2012 4:33 AM

aush said:
-MgZ_ said:

Cause we like magical girls.

And we want to be...
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Even with my already sky-high expectations, this was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

I smell some Modaka hardcore fans in here...

Feb 3, 2012 4:36 AM

aush said:
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:

Feb 3, 2012 4:49 AM

EternalDreamer said:
aush said:
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:

Feb 3, 2012 5:25 AM

Well, for first start, it was decent.
Guess I'll keep going until the end of it, then I can sum of it.
And To the Hell with those haters! I just watch this as long as I want to.

Feb 3, 2012 5:26 AM

-MgZ_ said:
Well fuck. By that logic, EVERYTHING with good animation is automatically amazing. As long as the wrapping looks pretty, it doesn't matter what's inside, right?

Feb 3, 2012 5:29 AM

tailsxyakumo said:
And To the Hell with those haters! I just watch this as long as I want to.

You can, nobody's trying to stop you. I'm not a hater. I just present my opinion. And I guess I'm speaking for more user then just me

Feb 3, 2012 5:33 AM

So ... much .... CG .... hate .... it .... -.-

Feb 3, 2012 5:49 AM

Vikusia1 said:
EternalDreamer said:
aush said:
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:

Feb 3, 2012 5:51 AM

Lol I made a mistake when post my last post in the "OVA" thread, now again.

After watch the first episode I see this...

Modified by F0r3stGump, Feb 3, 2012 6:03 AM

Feb 3, 2012 6:02 AM

I am throughly satisfied with everything inside the Otherworld but rather disappointed in Mato and Yomi's new looks. The battle scenes are so goddamn awesome. But the character redesigns are pure shit I have to say.
Just to prove my point:

But these are EPIC wins:

Feb 3, 2012 6:03 AM

ITT: Butthurt people
I feel sorry for you lot, for you don't get to enjoy this perfectly fine show.

@newnar
That's an awkward shot of Matou, but if you ask me Yomi looks better in the TV version.

Feb 3, 2012 6:29 AM

After rewatching, this is even worst than I thought.

Feb 3, 2012 6:45 AM

I didn't expect it to be this worst, It's a let down

Feb 3, 2012 6:48 AM

For me, only sale point of the OVA was gorgeous animation and sound. Well, the animation here feels vastly inferior even with the whole OVA vs. TV aspect. Shouldn't a one cour anime be treated with more care. It's not like they'll have to keep crapping new episodes every week for years. Even the fight scenes and other world didn't look all that special. I didn't feel anything special about the soundtrack either. Only saving point was that they have a good seiyuu cast... whose potential is wasted on these cliche characters. I didn't like the ending song either. Then again I might be biased there because I don't like most Vocaloid-especially Hatsune miku-songs. Only the likes of Lynne or World's End Umbrella. And save for Lynne, half for their PVs. Still, I hope supercell sticks with Nagi from now on.

I don't have anything to say about to plot since i didn't have any expectations at all. Somehow, it was still more cringeworthy than I thought it would be.

No, those didn't break it for me. I was willing to overlook everything just in case the other world gets better. I mean, meh. It's not like I was expecting anything special to begin with.

Then they had to introduce the abomination I refuse to call Dead Master.

Is there anyone who is willing to call THAT Dead Master? I feel like I'm insulting all the other incarnations of her when I try to think of IT as Dead Master. I was never a huge BRS fan but that thing almost makes me feel personally offended. Suddenly I want to rewatch the OVA and wash this all away.

Feb 3, 2012 6:49 AM
Review Moderator
I didn't hate it but some of the character designs are real iffy. I was hoping for a bit more overall in regards to the plot and everything too. Oh well.

Feb 3, 2012 6:50 AM

I don't get it... were people expecting anything different? It was silly as hell, but that's what BRS is all about - at least from what was seen in the OVA. The "disappointment" here is most likely due to hype, so I can only laugh. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest fan of this show either, but the "My God, worst thing eveeeeeer!!!!1111" comments are getting a bit ridiculous.

Feb 3, 2012 6:54 AM

I find it extremly funny how passionate are some people when it come hating on BRS, seriously Black rock shooter is like the FFXIII-2 of anime, it will recieve huge amounts of hate even if it actually ends up being good. I hope those who dropped it dont return just for trolling,

Anyway it was decent, it could have been better but it still was good enough for a first episode. And the CG is nowhere nearly as bad as people say it is.
Modified by Raziel1991, Feb 3, 2012 7:04 AM

Feb 3, 2012 7:01 AM

So "haters gonna hate" mantra is on?
Good, very good :)

Come on! Art is very nice here - like faces in that "real world" not so often you see ones like this

in anime - a bit like inspiration with Picasso :)
and thats great! Everyone can draw a normal face, this is art!

So two announcements...
Haters gonna hate.

And you really needed to change Thermae Romae to this?

Feb 3, 2012 7:03 AM

worse* bad*
i guess most people were actually waiting for a full action anime, or some deep incredible original never seen plot, or something exactly like the game but made into an anime; to them this might be a...well something not worth of watching. Plus the huge hype this series had, it would look worse to them.

To me its a nice anime, not the best thought. I like the slice of life and would love some shoujo ai ^^, i love sawashiro miyuki's voice as always, art style is of my like (eye candy, more rounded) the CG... i dont like it much, but that doesnt make the show s*** to me.

As some users pages before have said with different words, it would be better if the rant, hate commentaries, well; you are free to hate it but idk... maybe it would be better for both sides, haters dont look at this show anymore, forget about it and watch the animes they like, and the people who like it enjoy it...and thats what i think which is exactly what wont happen.

4/5 to me, gonna keep watching

Feb 3, 2012 7:21 AM

enjoyed it. i'm glad they stick to retell the OVA, it has a lot of potential, using the BRS concept as a battleground of "feelings and emotions"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

Feb 3, 2012 7:45 AM

i think it's ok, not good but not too bad. I have a feeling Black Gold Saw is Saya/the teacher. A question , BRS got run over by wheels a few times and is alive??

ALSO WHY DID THERMAE ROMAE HAVE TO END??

Pages (7) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »