MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Black★Rock Shooter (TV) »» Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

138 33.09%
4 out of 5: Liked it

122 29.26%
3 out of 5: It was OK

101 24.22%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

38 9.11%
1 out of 5: Hated it

18 4.32%
Voters: 417

02-02-12, 11:03 PM

Meh when i downloaded this I was Like * YAY BRS!!* then i slowly thought to myself wait why i'm i excited for this oh yeah because it's the TV version so it's gotta be better then the Ova sadly it wasn't did they not learn anything from the last time it feels just like the ova but worst granted it's the first episode but i still have no clue on whats going on.

at least those moments she got hit were pretty brutal wish we could had seen more!

-still gonna watch because i wanna see if this gets any better lol

02-02-12, 11:24 PM

Everything that was wrong? The entire script for starters.

Oh cool, we have someone who has read the script for Episodes 1-8!
Share plz.

02-02-12, 11:34 PM

Damn, katsu044 already wrote all that I wanted to say about this show.
OrangeHollow.png

02-02-12, 11:45 PM

well i liked it :D

I am questioning the 'quality' of the animation though, but still ill definitely watch all 8 eps

02-02-12, 11:53 PM

OrangeHollow said:
Damn, katsu044 already wrote all that I wanted to say about this show.
saved you the trouble good sir!.

02-02-12, 11:55 PM

I liked it.
(so far.)

=]

02-03-12, 12:06 AM

I like kagari in the other world, whatever she's called...
the characters looked better in the OVA though..

02-03-12, 12:16 AM

Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Even with my already low expectations, this was terrible.

02-03-12, 12:52 AM

I think people are exaggerating, it's not that bad, it's just an average show that everyone hyped up in their heads to be especially good or especially bad for no real reason.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

02-03-12, 1:01 AM

CGI was fine, but the normal world character design failed in comparison to the OVA.

I'd like to watch those CGI scenes in 3D though to see what parts will be emphasized.

02-03-12, 1:39 AM

Just, wait, where did you watch this? .__.
I can't find it anywhere! D:

02-03-12, 1:45 AM

Like it so far, good episode. Really liked the animation though, it was just as good as i expected it to be if not better; look forward to more episodes.

FlyingBanana8D said:
Just, wait, where did you watch this? .__.
I can't find it anywhere! D:

I'm sure there are plenty of other places but here is one

http://www.animeseason.com/black-rock-shooter-2012/

02-03-12, 1:47 AM

It was alright.

02-03-12, 1:47 AM

Not bad at all,even that it has some flaws,the animation is not that good ,it has potential and i think once they explain a little more it will get better...I will keep watching it as i like it.

And peeps remember never judge anything by the first look give it a chance!

02-03-12, 1:49 AM

I didn't have high expectations because of weird the character design but this episode was even worse than I thought it would be. Art aside, I was never picky about this but the story... oh, wait, there's none. Seriously, did I really spend 20 minutes watching two little girls being emo over one little brat that could use a hit to the face? Oh, they were emo over not being friends too, my bad.

Not to mention that the fighting scenes were... uh... kinda pointless. I mean, the first fight (nitro) was big flashy with big guns, explosions and fancy effects. That's about it. No reason for the fight so far and since I'm getting huge let's-drag-in-as-many-people-as-we-can vibes from it, I doubt it will be explained.

I also dislike the whole "someone else suffers your mental damage" idea. IMO the other world was made much better in the OVA. This is just too cheesy for me. This episode made me feel like the whole show will be full or random nonsense just to get as many fans as possible. I mean, we had wannabe school drama, shoujo ai hints, pointless but cool fights, dumb reasoning behind them and stereotype characters. I'll try watching the next ep just because I liked OVA.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
-Captain Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

02-03-12, 1:53 AM

i thought the OVA was average.then i took a tv-series in the knee xD
kidding both are fine by me xD
Modified by amirhoss, 02-03-12, 1:57 AM

02-03-12, 2:23 AM

The script is beyond terrible. I don't like Mato reciting the colors of the rainbow like a 3 year old.

She'd make a GREAT Narrator in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat", though.

Otherwise, it's watchable. I really want to see if my prediction of Irino-sensei being Black Gold Saw is on. It makes even more sense now, since she's the one who is the one "watching" over these girls, and Black Gold Saw is "watching" over the fights in the Other World.

Looks like she appears next week, going by episode 2's preview (on the official site)

Really wish we could get an answer about why they didn't just continue off from the OVA; I can't imagine how hard it must be to continue on from that plot *rolls eyes*

02-03-12, 2:28 AM

lucy_kawaii said:
people keep saying "its horrible", "its shit", "very terrible".

huh are u guys crazy? conclusion already after the first episode?

after saying all that, be sure to drop this show and get out of here.

it was actually pretty good, i cant really compare it to the OVA though cause its only the first episode.

alternative world and friendship, ok i kinda got it. its not that confusing right?

episode rating: 4/5

This. Just this.
Seriously it's the first episode, not much else to say since this seems to be setting up stuff for later.

02-03-12, 2:30 AM

it interesting that at the poll no one voted that they hated BRS

02-03-12, 3:00 AM

Didn't expect a noitaminA show to have such a meh start =/

Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices