Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2012 3:16 AM

Jun 2010
Fuck off haters, why can't you see the godly animation of this anime.
Feb 3, 2012 3:16 AM

May 2011
I haven't seen any other Black rock incarnations so I'm looking at this from a clean slate.

As someone already pointed out, this show definitely has a Madoka vibe to it. pastel looking school life and abstract artistic battle scenes. I'm not sure what's the point of the battle scenes. Are they for real? or just a metaphorical interpretation on the emotional struggles the girls are having?

The show seems interesting enough. I'll stick with it.
Feb 3, 2012 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
Just WHAT THE FUCK happened to the "actual story" that huke invented? I thought DM and BRS were rivals and for God's sake, DM is NOT a helpless veil-and-glasses-wearing little girl. She has a Scythe and two Skull-helpers and is supposed to be uber kickass. Wtf.
The OVA had the "OMG It's getting animated-feel" so while watching this it wasn't half as bad as this.
This is just a whole pack of "why?"
Also: If I would've been Mato I would've slapped the hell out of that wheelchair b*tch and not run home and cry and weep. A wheelchair doen't make you a saint so shut the fuck up. I'll eat that red macron if you like it or not.

Only thing OK was the animation (Admit it, the OVA was worse) and the soundtrack so it's a 3/5 from me.
The Opening was horrible. Why Miku, whyyy? I hate her voice so much and they made it even worse then the original song.

I am really really really really really sceptical about this one. Oh well it only has 8 episodes what could possibly go wrong?!
Feb 3, 2012 3:50 AM

Sep 2011
So they changed almost everything from the OVA and turned it into a longer version alternate universe story? Fuck yeah.

Miku singing the ED? Just wow.

The wheelchair girl just made into the top 10 most hated characters ever in my list. I wish she and her parallel universe self Chariot get crushed by Black Rock Shooter.

Good episode for a setting up.
mrghost_00Feb 3, 2012 3:54 AM
Feb 3, 2012 3:55 AM
Apr 2011
Shit
Feb 3, 2012 4:03 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I love it, it builds up mysterious again, that means they're not doing any different than the OVA. I'm so glad.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Feb 3, 2012 4:06 AM
May 2010
-MgZ_ said:

Cause there isn't.

And yup
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Even with my already low expectations, this was terrible.
Feb 3, 2012 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
-MgZ_ said:
godly animation of this anime.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.
Feb 3, 2012 4:33 AM

Sep 2011
aush said:
-MgZ_ said:

Cause we like magical girls.

And we want to be...
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Even with my already sky-high expectations, this was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

I smell some Modaka hardcore fans in here...
Feb 3, 2012 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
aush said:
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Feb 3, 2012 4:49 AM

Dec 2010
EternalDreamer said:
aush said:
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:

Feb 3, 2012 5:25 AM

May 2011
Well, for first start, it was decent.
Guess I'll keep going until the end of it, then I can sum of it.
And To the Hell with those haters! I just watch this as long as I want to.
Feb 3, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Well fuck. By that logic, EVERYTHING with good animation is automatically amazing. As long as the wrapping looks pretty, it doesn't matter what's inside, right?
Feb 3, 2012 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
tailsxyakumo said:
And To the Hell with those haters! I just watch this as long as I want to.

You can, nobody's trying to stop you. I'm not a hater. I just present my opinion. And I guess I'm speaking for more user then just me
Feb 3, 2012 5:33 AM

Aug 2011
So ... much .... CG .... hate .... it .... -.-
Feb 3, 2012 5:49 AM

Nov 2009
Vikusia1 said:
EternalDreamer said:
aush said:
Spierek said:
Han-yuu said:
bookkid900 said:
Cloudenvy said:
MM-Rosiie said:
nextday said:
Feb 3, 2012 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
Lol I made a mistake when post my last post in the "OVA" thread, now again.

After watch the first episode I see this...

F0r3stGumpFeb 3, 2012 6:03 AM
Feb 3, 2012 6:02 AM
Dec 2010
I am throughly satisfied with everything inside the Otherworld but rather disappointed in Mato and Yomi's new looks. The battle scenes are so goddamn awesome. But the character redesigns are pure shit I have to say.
Just to prove my point:

But these are EPIC wins:
Feb 3, 2012 6:03 AM

Oct 2006
ITT: Butthurt people
I feel sorry for you lot, for you don't get to enjoy this perfectly fine show.

@newnar
That's an awkward shot of Matou, but if you ask me Yomi looks better in the TV version.
Feb 3, 2012 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
After rewatching, this is even worst than I thought.
Feb 3, 2012 6:45 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't expect it to be this worst, It's a let down
Feb 3, 2012 6:48 AM

Oct 2008
For me, only sale point of the OVA was gorgeous animation and sound. Well, the animation here feels vastly inferior even with the whole OVA vs. TV aspect. Shouldn't a one cour anime be treated with more care. It's not like they'll have to keep crapping new episodes every week for years. Even the fight scenes and other world didn't look all that special. I didn't feel anything special about the soundtrack either. Only saving point was that they have a good seiyuu cast... whose potential is wasted on these cliche characters. I didn't like the ending song either. Then again I might be biased there because I don't like most Vocaloid-especially Hatsune miku-songs. Only the likes of Lynne or World's End Umbrella. And save for Lynne, half for their PVs. Still, I hope supercell sticks with Nagi from now on.

I don't have anything to say about to plot since i didn't have any expectations at all. Somehow, it was still more cringeworthy than I thought it would be.

No, those didn't break it for me. I was willing to overlook everything just in case the other world gets better. I mean, meh. It's not like I was expecting anything special to begin with.

Then they had to introduce the abomination I refuse to call Dead Master.

Is there anyone who is willing to call THAT Dead Master? I feel like I'm insulting all the other incarnations of her when I try to think of IT as Dead Master. I was never a huge BRS fan but that thing almost makes me feel personally offended. Suddenly I want to rewatch the OVA and wash this all away.
Feb 3, 2012 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't hate it but some of the character designs are real iffy. I was hoping for a bit more overall in regards to the plot and everything too. Oh well.
Feb 3, 2012 6:50 AM
Oct 2009
I don't get it... were people expecting anything different? It was silly as hell, but that's what BRS is all about - at least from what was seen in the OVA. The "disappointment" here is most likely due to hype, so I can only laugh. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest fan of this show either, but the "My God, worst thing eveeeeeer!!!!1111" comments are getting a bit ridiculous.
Feb 3, 2012 6:54 AM

Mar 2011
I find it extremly funny how passionate are some people when it come hating on BRS, seriously Black rock shooter is like the FFXIII-2 of anime, it will recieve huge amounts of hate even if it actually ends up being good. I hope those who dropped it dont return just for trolling,

Anyway it was decent, it could have been better but it still was good enough for a first episode. And the CG is nowhere nearly as bad as people say it is.
Raziel1991Feb 3, 2012 7:04 AM
Feb 3, 2012 7:01 AM

Oct 2011
So "haters gonna hate" mantra is on?
Good, very good :)

Come on! Art is very nice here - like faces in that "real world" not so often you see ones like this

in anime - a bit like inspiration with Picasso :)
and thats great! Everyone can draw a normal face, this is art!

So two announcements...
Haters gonna hate.

And you really needed to change Thermae Romae to this?
Feb 3, 2012 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
worse* bad*
i guess most people were actually waiting for a full action anime, or some deep incredible original never seen plot, or something exactly like the game but made into an anime; to them this might be a...well something not worth of watching. Plus the huge hype this series had, it would look worse to them.

To me its a nice anime, not the best thought. I like the slice of life and would love some shoujo ai ^^, i love sawashiro miyuki's voice as always, art style is of my like (eye candy, more rounded) the CG... i dont like it much, but that doesnt make the show s*** to me.

As some users pages before have said with different words, it would be better if the rant, hate commentaries, well; you are free to hate it but idk... maybe it would be better for both sides, haters dont look at this show anymore, forget about it and watch the animes they like, and the people who like it enjoy it...and thats what i think which is exactly what wont happen.

4/5 to me, gonna keep watching
Feb 3, 2012 7:21 AM

Jul 2010
enjoyed it. i'm glad they stick to retell the OVA, it has a lot of potential, using the BRS concept as a battleground of "feelings and emotions"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 3, 2012 7:45 AM

May 2011
i think it's ok, not good but not too bad. I have a feeling Black Gold Saw is Saya/the teacher. A question , BRS got run over by wheels a few times and is alive??

ALSO WHY DID THERMAE ROMAE HAVE TO END??
Feb 3, 2012 7:53 AM

Dec 2010
Dudes, don't complain about the haters, the anime has some flaws:
1. the art. it definitely could be better. amount of derp faces is visible with bare eyes. It's not bad though, I seen worse.
2. The little girl. Wtf? why a little cripple's whininggoes through so strong that Yomi actually can't be friends with Matou? It's not her parent or something she must be resonable and not obey a kid EVEN if she's somehow responisble for whatever bad happened to the little girl. But no, she gets pushed around.
3. the psychologist- she told Matou that it's fine if she's suffering: SOMEONE ELSE IS TAKING THE PAIN SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. I was at least disturbed by that weird thesis....

But hey, maybe that's just my imagination an opinion
Feb 3, 2012 7:58 AM

Aug 2008
have i been watching the ova, again? no. it was something even worse.
i've really hoped this new project would turn out to be interesting and not just some 8 eps long ova.
the real world was boring like hell. and you won't change that fact even though you drop in a awesome random BRS combat scene. it was like riding roller coaster, a constant highs and lows.
well, it almost made me throw up.
i still don't see a sense in all this nonsensical BRS vs everyone else. i know it's only the fist ep, but they ruined it IMAO.

didn't like it.
Feb 3, 2012 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
the start of the endless ranting for the BRS phenom, its going to be one hell of a complain galore for the remaining 7 episodes ( ¬‿¬)
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 3, 2012 8:48 AM

Dec 2009
Is this going to be the new Umineko discussion threads? Judging by the comments in this thread, Yes this is going to be just that.

yagamisignum said:
ALSO WHY DID THERMAE ROMAE HAVE TO END??

Good riddance.
Sir_LexaFeb 3, 2012 8:51 AM
Feb 3, 2012 9:03 AM

May 2008
Judging from the OP and all of those scenes with BRS, they mind as well rename this anime Black Rock Shooter: Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Her.
Feb 3, 2012 9:23 AM

Jun 2008
newnar said:
I am throughly satisfied with everything inside the Otherworld but rather disappointed in Mato and Yomi's new looks. The battle scenes are so goddamn awesome. But the character redesigns are pure shit I have to say.
Just to prove my point:

I actually prefer the TV version of Yomi. I think the glasses in particular suit her really well. But yeah, Mato's OVA design was much better than this. Throughout the whole episode I couldn't help thinking about how weird she looked.
Feb 3, 2012 9:36 AM

Oct 2006
Hakurouken said:

As some users pages before have said with different words, it would be better if the rant, hate commentaries, well; you are free to hate it but idk... maybe it would be better for both sides, haters dont look at this show anymore, forget about it and watch the animes they like, and the people who like it enjoy it...and thats what i think which is exactly what wont happen.

Yeah. I usually stay the hell away from weeaboo communities but even I noticed whining about this series had been going on for months before it even started airing. Considering that, I'm pretty sure they got exactly what they expected and are hating it for fun.. so a good handful of them are probably going to stay around and continue dropping their unnecessary piles of shit commentary in the episode threads. It's like a reverse Madoka..
Feb 3, 2012 9:45 AM

Dec 2009
niwasatou said:
so a good handful of them are probably going to stay around and continue dropping their unnecessary piles of shit commentary in the episode threads. It's like a reverse Madoka..

You should see the Guilty Crown discussions.
Feb 3, 2012 9:52 AM

Oct 2010
this was ok, good art, i guess that explains roughly what the connection between these two worlds are, its good they got that out at the beginning of the story, but where is it going to go from here?
Feb 3, 2012 9:57 AM
Oct 2011
NanoZero said:
Judging from the OP and all of those scenes with BRS, they mind as well rename this anime Black Rock Shooter: Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Her.
or black rock shooter : masochist
Feb 3, 2012 10:35 AM

Nov 2007
Freakin BEERS SONG
Feb 3, 2012 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, I totally like this drawing style (like in the OVA). Especially in the fight scenes.

I still cannot get used to Dead Master's glasses. She doesn't look that badass like before.

I don't judge it. Yet.
Feb 3, 2012 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
I would have kicked that little girl in the face and lit her doll on fire.

Feb 3, 2012 11:12 AM

Sep 2010
even if the episode was meh IMO, it has such an amazing cast.
Feb 3, 2012 11:13 AM

Aug 2008
Not a bad start, I guess. I was a bit confused at times, but overall, I could work with this.

Also, using Hatsune Miku's original Black Rock Shooter song at the end was win.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 3, 2012 11:14 AM
Jun 2008
the episode looks average but the show is definitely promising.
Feb 3, 2012 11:24 AM

Jan 2012
it wasn't as good as I'd expected it to be.
I honestly thought it could have been done much better..
But I admit I liked the actiony parallel, it keeps it from looking like just another slice of life anime with no story :|
3/5
Feb 3, 2012 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
Just give me back my Thermae Romae.
Feb 3, 2012 11:55 AM

Dec 2011
raxius1230 said:
Not bad at all,even that it has some flaws,the animation is not that good ,it has potential and i think once they explain a little more it will get better...I will keep watching it as i like it.

And peeps remember never judge anything by the first look give it a chance!

I figured you'd of made of sexy BRS .gifs Raxius.
Feb 3, 2012 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm.

-_-

Rushed. It's only 8 episodes and I LOVED the OVA, I'll probably finish it for completion's sake.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 3, 2012 12:30 PM

Feb 2010
Akamitsu said:
I would have kicked that little girl in the face and lit her doll on fire.

That's what I had in mind! I felt really bad for Mato. :( I hate that little brat now!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.