Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Bleach' To Enter the Final Part of the Story

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 3, 2012 12:42 PM

Oct 2010
It should end at the demise of Aizen. Drags too long imo.
Feb 3, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Not a big deal to me but there are alot of die hard bleach fans that i'm sure will be upset its ending
Feb 3, 2012 9:34 PM

Oct 2011

So the arc will be like 9 years long. Oh god I hope it doesn't go that long.:P
Feb 4, 2012 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
I will give it 10 more years
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 4, 2012 1:33 AM

Sep 2011
AdolChristin said:
If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple.

that argument been used for ages, and to some extend it works. However, even fans could critize the work... It didn't work out!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 4, 2012 8:39 AM

Nov 2009
Show in my opinion, peaked at the soul society arc. Might pick this one up once a definite end is in sight. The problem is, we don't know how long this last arc will last. Shounen manga arcs can last for years.
Feb 4, 2012 8:44 AM

Oct 2010
Theres still alot of questions to be answered so i hope thats what this arc is about
Feb 4, 2012 8:51 AM

Sep 2010
Get ready for a "QUALITY" ending.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 4, 2012 9:07 AM

Dec 2007
Roloko said:
Get ready for a "QUALITY" ending.

I'm hoping it'll be similar to the Ichigo vs Aizen part. :D
Feb 4, 2012 10:03 AM
Aug 2010
Bleach was the first ever anime/manga series I ever watched/read.

It quickly became my favorite, I loved everything about the Bleach world.

But....Bleach along with Naruto and OP are perfect examples of why manga has completely diminished nowadays.

Publishers and mangaka care more about dragging a storyline than actually presenting a good and cohesive series.

Let's look at great manga and how long they lasted:

FMA: 27 Volumes
Death Note: 12 Volumes
Monster: 18 Volumes
Hellsing: 10 Volumes
Love Hina: 14 Volumes

YES, it is very possible to do a great, cohesive, complete story without going into 40 or 50 volumes.

Unfortunately, that's not what we're seeing from all the generic shounen out there.
Feb 4, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
AdolChristin said:
I never understood the hate this manga gets. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple.

I dislike Bleach very much right now, but the only reason I'm still reading it is because it's the manga that brought me to liking anime.
Sentimental value... I guess.
Feb 5, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
So basically, about another two - three years left.

Feb 6, 2012 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
AdolChristin said:
I never understood the hate this manga gets. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple.
That's what I did. How's it going right now? I stopped when Ichigo got a new job.

Feb 6, 2012 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
Then it ends on April 1st--
OOPS

No way, right? April 1st is too close by.
Feb 6, 2012 12:53 PM

Feb 2008
ichigo03 said:
Bleach was the first ever anime/manga series I ever watched/read.

It quickly became my favorite, I loved everything about the Bleach world.

But....Bleach along with Naruto and OP are perfect examples of why manga has completely diminished nowadays.

Publishers and mangaka care more about dragging a storyline than actually presenting a good and cohesive series.

Let's look at great manga and how long they lasted:

FMA: 27 Volumes
Death Note: 12 Volumes
Monster: 18 Volumes
Hellsing: 10 Volumes
Love Hina: 14 Volumes

YES, it is very possible to do a great, cohesive, complete story without going into 40 or 50 volumes.

Unfortunately, that's not what we're seeing from all the generic shounen out there.

While it is true that a story can be completed without going into 40 or 50 volumes, it is not true that all stories can be, and you shouldn't go about spouting such an fallible argument.

J.R.R. Tolkien completing the Lord of the Ring series in three volumes doesn't make Sir Arthur Conan Doyle a bad writer because The Sherlock Holmes series was completed in 12. What makes a person a bad writer is the decisions they make when writing something, and while no one is infallible when it comes to making those decisions, you shouldn't just throw a person into a conjecture without objective evaluation.

It is as I said in the Negima thread, a series is only too long or too short when it goes past or falls short of its intended ending. One Piece has not done that, nor has Naruto for the matter. The only series you mentioned that did is the odd man out, Bleach, and that's because Kubo has made numerous bad decisions when it came to writing it. I'm not going to go into a rant about it here but I will provide one example. Instead of creating a whole new set of characters (the vaizards) to explain what Ichigo is, he should have used his already established character (Urahara) who was enough of an enigma for it to make sense that he had that sort of information. Had he done that, it wouldn't have been as much of a mess when the Aizen fight came along and you had both the Soul Society and The Vaizards fighting for some screen time.
Feb 6, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
I thought it was near the end already...
Great! A few more years and we might actually finish this!
Feb 6, 2012 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Sweet, I actually thought I might die before the whole series was completed.
Feb 6, 2012 5:25 PM

Jan 2012
masaba said:
AdolChristin said:
That's what I did. How's it going right now? I stopped when Ichigo got a new job.

It's going horribly from what I've heard.
Feb 6, 2012 11:59 PM
Aug 2010
So many ppl complaining about the series based on reasons like character development and so forth, it's a freakin' shonen battle manga>>> the main character is suposed to be beaten, nerdrage, train then beat the bad guy with his new found awsomness.
Yet people complain it lacks depth, go read a book.
I quite enjoy this manga/anime, simply because i can turn my brain off and enjoy the braindead battlescenes.
As for it ending, quite a shame, u can rarely find anime manga/anime with this kind of longevity, not becouse all the other authors have the pride not to sell out and drag a manga/anime for so long but becouse they freakin can't maintain a story interesting for a long time, granted Kubo had a few slipups but who hasn't.
Feb 7, 2012 7:43 AM

Jan 2012
malar said:
So many ppl complaining about the series based on reasons like character development and so forth, it's a freakin' shonen battle manga>>> the main character is suposed to be beaten, nerdrage, train then beat the bad guy with his new found awsomness.

If that's the only thing you expect from a shonen battle manga, then you need to expand your horizons.
Feb 7, 2012 7:59 AM

Mar 2008
MasterKingJC said:
malar said:

If that's the only thing you expect from a shonen battle manga, then you need to expand your horizons.

There's so many shounen battle manga like Rurouni Kenshin or Inu Yasha when the male protagonist is supposed to be extremely (physically and/or mentally (often)) strong since the beginning.
Feb 8, 2012 12:36 AM
Jun 2011
sad to see it end....this final arc better be about Ichigo being a "pure-blood" and his dads identity.
Feb 8, 2012 1:58 AM

Jul 2007
masaba said:
AdolChristin said:

The mileage may vary.

Some people(Including me) think that the previous arc is one of the best this manga had, purely because of how much character development Ichigo and everyone got, others call it the "worst this manga ever had" .

MasterKingJC said:
malar said:

Thats the only thing you CAN expect from shounen manga.

Main character will always be strongest, will always be beaten to train w ill always have traits that make him identifiable with a normal japanese person and will always mostly ignore romance plots.

The main themes are also always the same. Just depends on how well author manages to intermingle them into plot.

communiist said:
Theres still alot of questions to be answered so i hope thats what this arc is about

It is.

HUGE spoilers for the upcoming arc, read at your own risk:

Full set of known info
Feb 8, 2012 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
MasterKingJC said:
malar said:

Main character will always be strongest, will always be beaten to train w ill always have traits that make him identifiable with a normal japanese person and will always mostly ignore romance plots.

The main themes are also always the same. Just depends on how well author manages to intermingle them into plot.

There's plenty of shounen romance, shounen sports and shounen slice-of-life. Shounen is only described as a target demographic, so there's a variety in terms of genres and plot, but not all shounen features the same genre or same plot, there's completely different each other. Also, there's plenty of shounen series featuring female protagonist (Claymore and Medaka Box are examples).

Most of shounen romance are harem plots featuring either a poor guy surrounded by lot of girls or a plot featuring the same poor guy but he wants trying to date the cold and abrasive girl in a vanilla (one boy/one girl romance pairing) relationship and sometimes love triangle between one boy and two girls with different personnalities each other.

Also, like I said, there's many shounen action series like Rurouni Kenshin or Inu Yasha when the male protagonist stays as a extremely (physically and/or mentally) strong fighter in the entire series (from the beginning to the end) and he isn't anything but special.
MisaoFanFeb 8, 2012 3:04 AM
Feb 8, 2012 4:11 AM

Sep 2010
What I still wait to see:

1. Growth of the Captains.
2. Who IS Ichigo's dad?
3. Urahara, Ukitake, and Shinsui's Bankai.
4. THE SOUL KING.
Feb 8, 2012 5:13 AM

Jul 2007
EraZ3712 said:
What I still wait to see:

1. Growth of the Captains.
2. Who IS Ichigo's dad?
3. Urahara, Ukitake, and Shinsui's Bankai.
4. THE SOUL KING.

Considering what we already know about this arc, It should have all of that and more, like
Feb 8, 2012 9:53 AM

Mar 2008
welp at least it will leave a Big BOOM when it's done
Feb 8, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Fai said:

MasterKingJC said:
malar said:

Wrong-o. While some of those traits are common, not EVERY shonen manga has them.
Like I said before, expand your horizons.
Feb 8, 2012 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
Really?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2012 12:39 PM

Jan 2008
AdolChristin said:
I never understood the hate this manga gets. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple. You won't get anything if it ends, but those who like it lose something. So basically you want people who like it to be sad because it ends?

Anyway, I think it's the right time to end the story. This arc will be probably be going for at least 5 years, in which Kubo can answer every question and close the story as he intended.

And I thought I was the only one who thought everyone was being hateful yet reading it... <.<
Feb 9, 2012 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
Lioness said:
AdolChristin said:
I never understood the hate this manga gets. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple. You won't get anything if it ends, but those who like it lose something. So basically you want people who like it to be sad because it ends?

Anyway, I think it's the right time to end the story. This arc will be probably be going for at least 5 years, in which Kubo can answer every question and close the story as he intended.

And I thought I was the only one who thought everyone was being hateful yet reading it... <.<

There are a lot of people who hate Bleach AND have stopped reading it.
I don't hate Bleach, but I do strongly dislike it, and that's why I stopped reading it a long time ago.
Feb 9, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
MasterKingJC said:
Lioness said:
AdolChristin said:

There are a lot of people who hate Bleach AND have stopped reading it.
I don't hate Bleach, but I do strongly dislike it, and that's why I stopped reading it a long time ago.

some ppl wanna finish what they started, why doesnt anyone seem to understand that?

Feb 9, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2008
The TV anime, filler notwithstanding, has been entertaining enough. I don't read the manga, but I'm glad to hear that he's at least planning to conclude it. I was hoping it would conclude at the end of the Arrancar arc, since it pretty much wrapped anything up, but I'm enjoying the new storyline.
Feb 10, 2012 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
About time I guess. Can't drop this now then, have gotten this far, might aswell stick to it xD

Feb 10, 2012 1:17 PM

Sep 2011
Ekvi said:
About time I guess. Can't drop this now then, have gotten this far, might aswell stick to it xD
you realize your gonna be sticking with it for a good 6-10 years at the least right?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 10, 2012 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Ekvi said:
you realize your gonna be sticking with it for a good 6-10 years at the least right?

Yeah, I know xD

It's more like a bad habit by now, haha :P

Feb 10, 2012 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
Ekvi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Ekvi said:

Yeah, I know xD

try getting on another bad habit then, like try kekkaishi, its long, it actually has a plot, it actually has effort, and is pretty much the opposite of bleach quality wise

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 10, 2012 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Ekvi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Ekvi said:

Yeah, I know xD

try getting on another bad habit then, like try kekkaishi, its long, it actually has a plot, it actually has effort, and is pretty much the opposite of bleach quality wise

I'll get to that one at some point, it does look pretty good. I'll probably still stick with Bleach though :D

Mar 6, 2012 1:51 PM
May 2011
Why do I feel like I'm the only one really sad about this? I'm seriously crying right now!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
17 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.