Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of Ao no Exorcist Under Consideration

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Feb 20, 2012 7:39 AM

oh , wow , suprisingly good news.. but i guess this ''how will they start .. WITH WHAAT?'' seems to worry me and MANY others.
Probably they will put on this '' WE DONT GIVE A FUCK , WE WILL DO AS THE STARS SAY''. -.-
or just slowly continue with the same filler , making new awesome plot, according to manga, later episodes.. or something like that .
IF NO.. then.. O__O

Feb 25, 2012 1:36 PM

Ready, ready, ready for a second season! :P

Feb 25, 2012 6:54 PM

BigSimo said:
jesus christ clearly it doesn't even deserve a movie, let alone second season OR reboot

I think the art is the biggest reason why the fanbase is so large, the characters are less-than-stellar
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys

Mar 18, 2012 3:36 AM

dtshyk said:
According to Jump Square magazine, a stage play of Ao no Exorcist was announced to be shown in 2012. Takeda Seiji said the Ao no Exorcist Movie will be premiered at the end of this year. He wants to air the second season when enough of the original manga chapters are accumulated.

Source: GIGAZINE

oh i can't wait for it..

Mar 18, 2012 5:33 AM

same here looking forward to the second season.

as to how they'll reboot the anime, im guessing they'll probably do something like FMA and start from scratch.

I believe FMA was also a monthly released manga. It was good, thats why they made the first FMA anime with fillers and soon after another anime season which followed the manga.

Ao no Exorcist is pretty good and will most likely follow this path. I really loved how the FMA manga and the anime finished at the same time =D

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n

Mar 18, 2012 6:20 AM

I guess they only did the Brotherhood when they knew that FMA was getting close to the end. Ao no Exorcist, on the other side, has just started, it seems.
I guess they'll make some creep connection between the filler and the canon material..

Mar 18, 2012 6:30 AM

GarLogan78 said:
dtshyk said:
He wants to air the second season when enough amount of the original manga chapters is accumulated.

If they actually wait, then I am excited.

ooh totally. please wait three more years... though by then there'd be only 36 more chapters accumulated.

Mar 18, 2012 6:58 AM

petalshreds said:

though by then there'd be only 36 more chapters accumulated.

The chapters are twice as long compared to the usual 20-ish fare, sometimes longer, so 72+?

Mar 18, 2012 11:20 AM

My body is ready.

Mar 21, 2012 10:25 AM

I just don't get how people who hated it even dare to read and comment. I mean, to enter on this topic isn't time lost to you?

Honestly I read the manga and watched the anime and, although they were different, I liked both. I hate fillers aswell and I can't wait for this. I want to see how they will make the story do a turn and follow the manga.

So yeah, the 2nd season is good news to me. Even better if they are waiting so they won't make a bunch of fillers instaid.

Mar 29, 2012 4:51 PM

I absolutely LOVED Ao no Exorcist. It is by far one of my favorite anime out there. I am looking forward to the movie and a second series! I agree that it is one of those anime that could possibly go on forever with individual episodes.

(Don't read past this point if you are easily offended and don't want to read an angry rant from someone with too much time.)
And I don't care for manga nazis who jump at the chance of sounding like an elitist and complaining whenever an anime doesn't follow the manga plot. It isn't necessarily "filler" just because they changed the plot, that implies it's just episodes to fill up space until they get to the manga chapter adaptations. This does not apply if they change the plot on purpose. I never read the manga and I thought the plot and ending was GREAT. I can't imagine it going in another direction since how it ended was so deeply involved in the family's past history and the intricate build-up, I have a feeling if I read the manga I would probably feel disappointed in it, to be honest. That's what happens when you read or watch something first and then go to the other version. Once you're aware of this you can stop being so jerkishly judgemental over the details. That would be awesome. How about you just enjoy the fact that it's even being created at all? It takes time and money and people's care to get it this far. Be grateful. If you don't like it, than don't watch it and for the love of all things good don't take the time to follow it and complain. When I really like an anime or manga I could watch "filler" all the time and still enjoy it as long as it's there for me to watch.

Apr 12, 2012 2:33 AM

Plot in the anime was good and interesting. I don't understand why you want 100% agree with manga. Second season sounds good for me and I'm really happy.

Apr 16, 2012 10:19 PM

everyone's been wondering how they gunna pull of a second season when they didnt follow the manga thats where i think the film comes in i recon the film will be a retelling of the first season so that it follows the manga properly and then they'll make the second season a sequel to the movie instead of the first series,
this is me just throwing out ideas i though of it while re watching this series

Apr 17, 2012 9:54 AM

More Rin X Shiemi and more Izumo-chan and cool pink haired dude is always welcome.

Especially more Shiemi....SHIEMI!<3
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Apr 18, 2012 5:16 AM

Ig4kLone said:
How on earth are they gonna continue with a death end like that ? =.="

Here's one major example
In the anime yukio magically got blue flames, elf ears and teeth. I don't see any way to continue with the manga with yukio being like that.

^THIS!

I will be awaiting for the movie but season 2? Not so much. Not unless they revamp the anime from scratch. They made the last episodes pretty much impossible to go on from. How much it derailed from the actual plot-line from the manga, it was embarrassing to watch. They could have waited a bit longer with the start or made a gap not to bite the manga in the a*s somewhere in the middle. I would've been fine with waiting if, let's say, they ended the season with the defeat of the Impure King. That way, it would have had some ground to start planning for season 2 in a reasonable setting , should they choose to make it.
死ねカス国に帰れ

Apr 18, 2012 5:40 AM

I'm looking forward to this!
I wonder if the author has an ending in sight?

Apr 18, 2012 6:29 AM

That would be nice. Pity it's not following the manga, but it could end up with a different plot (R+V style)

Apr 19, 2012 1:04 AM

I keep reading the title as "Under construction" dang.

May 3, 2012 3:19 PM

GIMME! And remove the fricking false ending from 1st season I SO HATED IT! But the series, I love it.

May 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Ew.... Would rather see a second season of Guilty Crown because Ao no Exorcist just hit the fan after episode 12.

May 3, 2012 5:16 PM
Anime Moderator
Jpark said:
Ew.... Would rather see a second season of Guilty Crown because Ao no Exorcist just hit the fan after episode 12.

Better to peak midway than to start out low and then steadily decline. If Guilty Crown "hit" anything it was the randomize button.

May 3, 2012 10:13 PM
Review Moderator
I wouldn't mind this, the first season was rather decent despite the shitty ending. They just made the mistake of animating it way too early on since there wasn't much source material.

May 4, 2012 1:09 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Wasnt the ending filler? How will they pull it off?

Stuartxtr7 said:
GarLogan78 said:
dtshyk said:
He wants to air the second season when enough amount of the original manga chapters is accumulated.

If they actually wait, then I am excited.

This.
As long as they don't screw it up again.
or they can pull a "Brotherhood".

God I'm scared... fuck! ><

May 4, 2012 4:28 PM

Can't wait for season 2 * u *

May 8, 2012 8:44 AM

... h thank stars...

May 8, 2012 2:18 PM
News Team
Ye, they should do a season 2 tbh. I mean, why not? It would make more sense when the manga gets up to in the chapters 45-50 ranges.

I honestly did not like how season 1 ended.

May 18, 2012 9:04 AM

Yes! Second season *_* I just finished first season and I am hungry for more! I looking forward.
Until I don't hold the sword,
I can not protect you.
Holding the sword,
I can not embrace you.

May 24, 2012 3:05 AM

I think they should wait a little longer lmao.

Are they serious? The anime is like 18 chapters away from the manga even after the filler, so I think they should pull an FMA Brotherhood and wait a couple of years.

May 24, 2012 7:16 AM

I enjoyed Ao no Exorcist but it got worse in the later episodes i think.
But i didn't really like the ending so a seconds season would be nice.

May 24, 2012 7:50 PM

Would definitely watch a 2nd season if they made one. I didn't like the ending of the 1st season :\
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Papa Santa - Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt

Jun 4, 2012 10:38 AM

Kyaaaaa!A second season of my fav anime ever!I actually loved that first season so much,and I'm starting the manga.So yeah,are the manga and the anime different or what?
Bun bun,bun bunny! SIGNATURE IS A WIP,SO ENJOY MY AWESUMENESS WHILE YOU WAIT!

Mar 11, 2013 12:22 AM

Hmm. An intriguing notion in its own perspective. I gotta say I was really liking the anime, but then it started on its own downward spiral, as for that sake of, what left can they go off of? there's a few things they could, but they filled it up pretty good...

they could pull a brotherhood, Reboot the series and start it over, In comparison to the original, brotherhood was a huge success. I`d be very exited to see this happen to Ao no exorcist because in FMA the characters didn't shape themselves and grow`(ex, Edward's shortness. Alphonse's attachment to his brother and childish actions) But in Brotherhood I was glad to see all the characters grow and shape and have more character to them, (for example, Risa and Roy's connection, and Edwards height... And one of the major ones, Van's personality.) The whole shit with the other side of the gate being our world i found very Dull and cliche. When the movie came along my hope went high. what a let down.

If they do reboot the whole thing they better not half ass it again. They really need to take the extra episodes to detail things and add more character design...
and half of the reason it crashed during episodes in the middle is because it kinda, not as much as FMA though, It kinda wandered off the plot... and of course the main reason, the anime producers think they need to add their own spice by wandering off the base of the manga, haven't they learned? They should get their movie over and done with, wait a few years, then just Remake the anime, if they discard the ending in season one, they may be able to gather up enough to get back on their feet? One things for sure we don't think the way we do, can't hear their thoughts, guess we have to sit here and wait...?

Mar 17, 2013 2:45 PM

Ah, I hope they peruse the idea, a second series would be awesome, and so long as it follows what's been going down in the manga, then I know I'll be happy.

Mar 17, 2013 2:46 PM

More Rin Okumura. WOOO

Mar 17, 2013 7:10 PM

it's like the same situation for fma, instead of a second season, they should consider a remake

Apr 24, 2013 7:44 AM

When will that be, manga releases every month.
Predictability the newest bullshit criterion before story, music and animation in rating nowadays. It is inversely proportional with the anime's quality, the latter completely dependent on the former. The less predictable the anime is, the better the quality. Following this logic, Gintama is probably the best anime in a millenia.

Jun 14, 2013 1:15 AM

A reboot would probably be the better option, but if so that won't be for a while, because a) the original is only 2 years old. and b) it probably won't happen until the manga is finished.

That was the main problem with the anime, it caught up to the manga and it had to go off track, same thing happened with FMA (both series are great btw), and as it's a monthly that's gonna happen, I think it got an anime way too early the first time around.

Jun 14, 2013 5:14 AM

welp idgaf what u guys say glad to see this hope they do a better job this time tho

Jun 15, 2013 12:15 AM

lets get it!

Jun 15, 2013 3:07 AM

If this is true there is a god! bahaha

Jun 15, 2013 3:26 AM

Interested to see on how they will pull this off. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Jul 6, 2013 5:21 AM

REBOOT NOW!

Jul 21, 2013 8:40 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Jpark said:

Better to peak midway than to start out low and then steadily decline. If Guilty Crown "hit" anything it was the randomize button.

I concur. I don't care if its a reboot or a second season I just want more Blue exorcist. Especially after watching the movie, I was reminded of how much I liked it.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jul 21, 2013 8:49 PM

How often does the manga release new chapters anyway? Been a year and a half. Is it monthly? Because at that point, we'd have to wait another 2 years before season 2 or a properly done reboot comes out x-x

Jul 21, 2013 9:42 PM

Lets just say if they wait the manga series out, I'm definitely going to watch it. If they just suddenly confirm it and the manga isn't even passed the anime, I'm going to be a little worried about how the show will turn out.

Jul 23, 2013 11:53 AM

This would be horrid IMO. The manga from where the anime deviated was poor. The whole impure king story was lame, and after that it's been really, really poor. Amazing start, dropped off massively since then. 46 chapters in and still waiting for it to get as good as it was for the first, what, 15 odd chapters? Maybe less?

Jul 23, 2013 11:55 AM

Woot :D:D:D:D

Jul 23, 2013 11:58 AM

WELL. CHOP CHOP. GET ON IT NOW.

Jul 30, 2013 2:54 AM

Actually we have 47 chapters of manga. They actually cannot reebot anime without fillers.

1 episode = 1 week.
1 chapter = 1 month
1 chapter = 1 episode anime
47 chapter = 47 anime episodes

4 episode in month = 4 manga chapters and new chapter release.

In yeras we have 48 episode of anime.

Only 11 forward chapters.

So in one month only 8 chapters forward ( if we still have monthly release manga).

1,2 yeras only 5 chapters forward

1,3 years only 2 chapters forward.

1,4 years = he must take a filler or stop season.

In my opinion AnE appears in reebot version if manga will be far behind the half story
Modified by impureking, Jul 30, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 3, 2013 1:12 PM

2nd season? Good news! I just hope it will not take the same path as Season 1.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]