Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 1, 2012 1:40 PM
Nov 2010
give it 5/5 just for the HotD reference
Feb 1, 2012 3:27 PM

Nov 2007
haha it was so predictable it was a relative .... or his friends relative. I don't even see the point of Tanigwa it is so obvious she has no chance. the brief imagination parts are probably the best. this is just going to get drawn out due to "oh I like you but I can't be with you because you won't like aliens". guess what most men wouldn't really care and I doubt he would.
Feb 1, 2012 3:34 PM

Nov 2009
how cute, ichika got jelly (x
Feb 1, 2012 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
With the way Kaito narrated the events seems like the things we watched are just memories in the past.
Kaito only shared the story to the viewers xDD.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 1, 2012 9:05 PM
Jan 2012
mystik said:
haha it was so predictable it was a relative .... or his friends relative. I don't even see the point of Tanigwa it is so obvious she has no chance. the brief imagination parts are probably the best. this is just going to get drawn out due to "oh I like you but I can't be with you because you won't like aliens". guess what most men wouldn't really care and I doubt he would.

The introduction of Manami wasn't supposed to be unpredictable or a twist to the already twisted love soup, rather a catalyst to trigger Ichika's jealousy.
Feb 1, 2012 10:30 PM
Jul 2009
The title suggested it, and the storyline is sorta falling in place... i think ichka probably leave earth at the end of the series with kaito reminiscing about her every time summer comes around hoping for her to come back again.....

sad face :(
Feb 1, 2012 11:53 PM

Dec 2010
orikas said:
The title suggested it, and the storyline is sorta falling in place... i think ichka probably leave earth at the end of the series with kaito reminiscing about her every time summer comes around hoping for her to come back again.....

That sounds really plausible; and as such depressing :(, hopefully they stick to the Onegai Teacher way of doing it, Is it even possible for her to go back though? Her ship got damaged right, so i thought that when she said she would have to leave the town is because she would have to search for that place she is looking for.
Feb 2, 2012 12:20 AM

Jul 2010
HOTD as a flick? lol

Feb 2, 2012 12:49 AM

Dec 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
orikas said:

That sounds really plausible; and as such depressing :(, hopefully they stick to the Onegai Teacher way of doing it, Is it even possible for her to go back though? Her ship got damaged right, so i thought that when she said she would have to leave the town is because she would have to search for that place she is looking for.

that is EXACTLY whats going to happen! exactly.yep will be crying.it depressing just thinking about it.
Feb 2, 2012 1:43 AM

Jan 2012
Zombie movie! Supah!

Feb 2, 2012 2:28 AM

May 2010
lol,the preview for the next episode...
Feb 2, 2012 6:53 AM

Dec 2011
Well, a good episode.
Now the things ll become more interesting.
Feb 2, 2012 9:26 AM

Jan 2011
They'll probably start making the actual movie next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 2, 2012 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
Ugh, I just want Kaito to get the guts to tell Ichika how he really feels already!!! He is such a pansy.

I just wrote up a full review on this episode on my blog if anyone is interested~
Feb 2, 2012 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome HotD reference.

I'm liking the pacing so far. Finding it really good for a 12 episode series. Anyways enjoyable ep as always. Can't wait to see more.
Feb 2, 2012 9:53 PM

Oct 2008
This anime shot from obscurity to just below Nisemonogatari on the ranking of shows I most look forward to. It's such a pleasure watching these characters.
Feb 3, 2012 3:09 AM

Sep 2011
Tapion said:
give it 5/5 just for the HotD reference

This.

I'm calling it now, Ano Natsu is the darkhorse anime of the season.
Feb 3, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2008
Still find it kind of stupid that they both have feelings for each other when it's only been a while since they met.
I can't take their almost confessions seriously at all.
Feb 3, 2012 10:34 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
darkerealm said:
Still find it kind of stupid that they both have feelings for each other when it's only been a while since they met.
I can't take their almost confessions seriously at all.

I don't know about women, but men can fall in lustlove at the turn of a pretty face.
Feb 3, 2012 11:41 AM
Sep 2011
Ichika's persistence to make Kaito study more was pleasant to see. I fully agree with her, Kaito's attitude towards achieving good grades is seriously lacking. That reminds me, why are most male anime protagonists so sluggish when it comes to studying? When they have to protect someone they're willing to give everthing they have but whenever they have to do something for school they hardly show any motivation at all.
Feb 3, 2012 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
I guess the real deal starts in the next episode. SUMMER TIME
Feb 3, 2012 3:49 PM

Jun 2008
For a married woman she really likes to play with school boys. I wonder if there isn't some desire behind that teasing?
But damn she was such a cock-tease. Btw is that her money that spends in all that shopping or is her poor husband being milked to death?

Ichika got really jealous and became dynamic to fight for her man. So mutual feelings confirm i guess.

Lestrade said:
Ichika's persistence to make Kaito study more was pleasant to see. I fully agree with her, Kaito's attitude towards achieving good grades is seriously lacking. That reminds me, why are most male anime protagonists so sluggish when it comes to studying? When they have to protect someone they're willing to give everthing they have but whenever they have to do something for school they hardly show any motivation at all.

Well i am that way too. I think most boys get mediocre grades not because they can't do better but because they really suffer on sitting down and concentrate on school work.
I'm guy that loves reading and learning stuff yet i always hated school work.
MonadFeb 3, 2012 3:53 PM
Feb 3, 2012 4:50 PM

Nov 2010
I like the fact that the director indirectly announced that shit is about to get real
Feb 5, 2012 12:09 PM
Dec 2008
So it's /summer/ next episode eh?

The other shows took place around summer, didn't they? Or at least Onegai Teacher -- where "accelerating"/"moving forward" was the key word. In this show it's "recording" or something or another.

I am slightly disappointed that so far they're treating her as much of an "alien" as the twins were in "Onegai Twins." But I really liked Onegai Teacher + Twins.

If indeed like SwiftOwl says "shit is about to get real" which it certainly is hinting at, it had to take 1/3 of the show to get there...?

I hope it does get real because it's about time - I am expecting a lot more out of this show, particularly getting to actually have some "human boy w/alien girl" romance. Which is what we're watching this show to see, right...?
Feb 5, 2012 1:43 PM
Sep 2011
g-rabe said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
orikas said:

that is EXACTLY whats going to happen! exactly.yep will be crying.it depressing just thinking about it.

Noooo! so sad :c But that sounds about right. Just have to wait and see.
Feb 5, 2012 9:53 PM

Mar 2010
Not much progression, at all. That was probably (and hopefully) the slowest it will get for this series. Now comes the actual story and I'm wishing it will be one of the best for this Spring! Looking forward to the next!
Feb 6, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2006
Why the first 10 minutes are always the slower :/ ?
well, I love every main and supporting character but kaito and Ichika D: , although jealous and more human-like Ichika won some points in this chapter :3
Feb 6, 2012 3:14 PM

May 2011
Miharu_Endoh said:
Why the first 10 minutes are always the slower :/ ?
well, I love every main and supporting character but kaito and Ichika D: , although jealous and more human-like Ichika won some points in this chapter :3
Same exact thoughts, love the other chars like Mio and Lemon but meh these two ain't bad I guess but I just don't like them that much yet.

Lol Ichika can be reallyy scary when she's jealous and oh crap a tutor like that I'd probably die. Hmm up next is the start of their unforgettable summer, very interesting. Haha at the preview, I know your true identity and then oh no he's dead!
Feb 8, 2012 3:18 AM

Apr 2009
"The summer of a lifetime." Man, I can't believe I'm enjoying this show so much! Another great episode. It appears things are really starting off from here. There's also a nice setup for some drama in the future here, what with all the "relationship assists" "C-chan" and "D-kun" are doing. She's hurting her chances, he's hurting his. Not to mention the injury that Kaito had from the beginning will surely come back to haunt him yet again.
Feb 10, 2012 9:03 PM

Mar 2011
Highschool of the Dead!
Feb 11, 2012 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
This is becoming really promising. I love the character development! I'm starting to understand each and every character x).. and lol yeah they were watching HOTD in the movies xD

That last line was soo dramatic>u< "the summer of a lifetime" excited for what happens next :)
Feb 21, 2012 6:48 PM

Feb 2012
the best part was them probably watching HoTD.
that series kicked zombie boootay~

this episode was slow and the series is pretty average. hoping it really does "get real"
in the next episodes.~ i wouldn't mind if it went all nice boat. c:<
Feb 21, 2012 8:53 PM

Feb 2012
I don't really give a damn how cliche this anime may be, still loving every second of it.
Feb 24, 2012 2:44 AM

Nov 2007
...why is HOTD popping up here?

Alien teaching a human on the study, and... 67 is an improvement??
tsubasaloverFeb 24, 2012 2:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 27, 2012 2:15 PM

Sep 2010
tsubasalover said:
...why is HOTD popping up here?
Because of this I assume?
I was also surprised by it.

And I think I was kind of absent-minded, because the story will focus on the summer holidays after all. It's getting quite interesting now. And it really reminds me of Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, an eccentric OVA. I love AnoNatsu better until now though.
I should have started watching this series since the first week after all I think. But the weather is better now outside though, so that could get the impression of summer maybe better.
Mar 8, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2008
Damn, Ishigaki has an amazing sister.
Kaito must be gay if he did not get an instant boner when seeing her.

That family has nice genes all the way though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Feb 2011
Kaito should have just said yes to Manami when she asked him if he wanted to take a shower with her! Wouldn't hurt to try! Damn prude anime characters. :(
Mar 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Feb 2011
Kaito should have just said yes to Manami when she asked him if he wanted to take a shower with her! Wouldn't hurt to try! Damn prude anime characters. :(
Mar 31, 2012 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
I hope some conflict happens soon. :(
Apr 4, 2012 12:02 PM

Jan 2011
so far its great and i'll agree that all characters are great, but my favorite one is Remon. I really like her she so...i cant describe it but shes cool
Apr 22, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2011
One more episode, if shit keeps going the way it is...DROP THIS SHIT!

(I've already considered number of fucks given).
May 15, 2012 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
lol @ Highschool of the Dead. They made a reference to it back in episode 2 as well. I even caught a slight Index reference too.

t-t-chopper said:
so far its great and i'll agree that all characters are great, but my favorite one is Remon. I really like her she so...i cant describe it but shes cool

Same here. She's awesome!
May 22, 2012 9:26 PM
Apr 2012
HOTD woot.
This episode gets a 5 lol
Jul 26, 2012 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, so next episode is when things will really get interesting. Can't wait to see that.

Remon is such a troll. Even her laugh just seems like troll laughter to me. I really think she might be an alien too.

Pretty funny episode with Tetsurou's sister. I was wondering what the explanation for her knowing Kaito would be. Seeing Ichika get so obviously jealous was great. Beginning of the episode was funny too, with the knife drop. Figured something would happen after the last episode to make things awkward between them this episode.
Nov 24, 2012 5:40 AM
Jul 2018

Lemon is so cute. XD
They should just confessed already.
Feb 17, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
I liked Highshool of the Dead commercial ;D
Mar 9, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
Hahaha. Loved that HOTD reference.
Jun 23, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2013
LOL..
i don't know when ichika-senpai is so strict...
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jul 10, 2013 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
it is just getting interesting now lol XD
they are starting to make the film.. I wonder how it will be :p
Sep 18, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2011
More misunderstandings, but they get resolved easily enough.

Ichika is a tough teacher. Presumably effective, though, as they both seemed pleased by the outcome. Not that we saw Kaito's scores beforehand.

Kanna keeps scoring own-goals.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.