Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Oct 23, 2015 10:08 PM

Dec 2014
I already knew she was going to die the moment she stepped in that elevator. This is final destination ffs
Oct 24, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
is dis final destination the anime

is the MC a keiichi clone

Setup screamed Higurashi.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 24, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
RIP nurse route. I thought she'd be the first to die based on the first call cut, but it was just roasted for an episode. Kouichi's harem is diminishing, and so goes his possible underage romance life.
Jan 2, 2016 10:08 PM

Aug 2009
ok i see the pattern now...

sucks that nurse had to go... was among my fav character

don't really care who's next now
Feb 7, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
The kid is an idiot. I can't believe he hasn't figured it out yet.
Feb 13, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that I liked more than the previous, perhaps because throughout the story we focused not only on the reason to know the truth behind the secret hovering about the school. Stunning set design and drawings, ditto for animations. What a pity that the nurse is dead already. D:
Mar 14, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
Well, bye bye, nurse. I don't get why so many people liked you since we hardly knew ye, but whatever.

Anyway, I liked this death much more than the umbrella one, it was still pretty random, but at least not as ridiculous as the previous one. So seeing Misaki doesn't equal to death sentence if you're not named Sakakibara? Unless she was actually there with the nurse, but we didn't see her (it is possible we can only see her if Sakakibara is present.) She talked about her, though, and that may be a better explanation. Why is Sakakibara immune, though? I'm starting to think Misaki may actually be alive, only shunned by her classmates because of the curse. And maybe she's actually working at the creepy store, so that's why the old lady says she has no other customers. Anyway, I like the fact that his classmates refuse to tell him anything seems to be justified, at least in their minds; from what they said in this episode, you need to explain it VERY precisely otherwise bad things will happen.
May 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
Rei_12 said:
Why can't Kouichi figure out that Mei doesn't exist ffs.. Everything could of been prevent if he wasn't a block head.

Or if his classmates would just tell him what's going on. Seriously, the secrecy clearly isn't helping.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 8, 2016 11:41 AM
May 2016
justinas said:
Wordsmith said:

Sure, the girl with glasses from ep3 can attest to that :)

Touche.

I'm dead. So true lmao.
Jul 25, 2016 4:45 AM

Mar 2016
Wow,just...wow.

I was not expecting that,but,it would be interesting if her brother died too.
Oct 17, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
VanillaIceCream said:
I'm starting to become under the assumption that perhaps from this point on there'll be one death per episode, which is good. I predicted the nurse's death when she mentioned that she had a brother in Class 3.
When she got loads of screen time at the beginning of the episode and much less later on, I knew the nurse would die. The second she stepped in the elevator sealed her fate.
"If brute force isn't working, you're not using enough"
"Don't worry, Yuki. I'll protect you" Yuno Gasai 2010 (I think)
Oct 28, 2016 11:15 PM
Jul 2016
Well, both stairs and elevators kill people now. Escalators anyone?
Nov 6, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 2016
Thats it, im dropping this shit

The death is not appealing and seem so convenient
The MC is a DENSE piece of shit that interrupts conversation to stop the Mei (ghost) or whatever when it is to explain anything. Running away chasing his delusions when the class rep trying to explain something

The MC's sister/aunt, idk, is another DENSE piece of shit knowing there are rules to follow since she attend class 3, but refuse to tell to the MC for no apparent reason, just she feel headache and don't feel like telling what the MC should/should not do on rule 3

The Classmates are another DENSE piece of shit, like "oh there are things that should be avoided in this class" OK lets not tell him so he will do that exact thing that we have been avoiding, and blame him when the tragedy happen

I got 0 enjoyment watching this anime and 10/10 rage for how the story is being told,

Another needs to learn from Higurashi no naku koro ni on "How to tell a mystery story 101"
Fried_PotatoNov 6, 2016 3:18 AM
Nov 25, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
Predictable death.
I agree with Fried_Potato, it seems it would be easier to avoid such things if MC knew what is forbidden and what not. But then, everyone refuses to tell him.
Dec 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 04 - Put Flesh:

Her mom dies too, and this sort of thing (curse?) has happened since the beginning of the horror story (26 years ago!?) and the school is still there??

Kouichi sister seems to know something and the question the bird does Why is a nuance for her because she lock out something in her past that Dont want to remember.

The importance of follow the rules is the third rule by her sister (we do not know those rules just test, but is likely something to do with Mei) and the fourth rule.

The Damian quote (a person name Damian who said to be the antichrist) maybe Is like Kouichi is something like that, with this I remember the first episode in which Mei says that Kouichi have somethin to do with "death" like his schoomate were saying.

So Kouichi last name Sa-ka-ki-ba-ra and the conversation with Mei in the beginning has some meaning, and we still don't know anything from her mother (she assists class 3 too long ago) or her sister story in class 3, or Kouichi past as a kid (Most likely Kouichi have something to do with the recent dead)

Izumi as the lead of countermeasures (who's May be created to avoid deaths) wanted to warned Kouichi the first day but for some reason the class did not want him to know anything.

The nurse is now dead..just why?

So many unanswered questions is really interesting.

5/5
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 6:59 AM
Feb 2, 2017 11:54 PM

Feb 2016
Nooooooooo why!? I like that fuckin nurse
Mar 10, 2017 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
Okay. One student and a family member of his dies per month. What's up with the nurse's death?
May 1, 2017 8:20 AM

Apr 2015
If someone's going to die every episode, then I'm going to finish this lol.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Sep 4, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2016
Another one bites the dust.
Sep 18, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2013
DAMMIT. The cute nurse that had the hots for Kouchi died :'(

I had a feeling she was going to eventually since she was meddling way too much for his sake, but I thought he would at least get more info out of her before she died. Maaannnnn. What a waste. She could've been Kouichi's gf TT^TT
Oct 13, 2017 5:13 PM
Apr 2014
That death was way too telegraphed though. I honestly expected her to die first but they caught me off guard because she didn't in ep2 and then the death in ep3 happened.

But again they made it obvious when she went into the elevator. I'm wondering if it'll continue like that. Would be nice if they'd make it a surprise at least once.

I guess there aren't any leads for the next victim at least. Could be anyway now. The most likely probably would be the brother of the nurse but that would be way too obvious. There has to be someone grieving. That's basically what has been missing entirely this episode. I mean they all avoid talking to Kouichi but no one is angry or anything. That just feels off.

And for fucks sake please tell him what is going on already xD he basically kills people around him and they still don't tell him. Although he might be onto it already on his own. He seems to be connecting some dots at least. Probably still doesn't get the whole picture though.

I don't like how they go about the accidents though. Both have been a cliffhanger and it's a bit annoying. I mean obviously they couldn't have survived those but it just feels wrong to end it right after such a cruel accident. And showing it entirely again at the start of the following episode is just as weird.

edit: OMG I just realized while looking at the characters profiles on MAL I missed an interesting fact.
NanashiOct 13, 2017 5:24 PM
Dec 7, 2017 4:27 AM
Jan 2017
This anime is boring af.
Dec 22, 2017 10:25 PM
Dec 2017
I remember seeing a video on whether or not it's safe to take the elevator or stairs. Guess I will parachute down the buildings instead.
Mar 1, 2018 9:33 PM
Dec 2017
whats was that ??
why she die ? i think she die because she try to say something !
and at the time she die ! what could be she try to say?
Apr 1, 2018 7:14 AM

Sep 2017
I already seen the death flag of the nurse,so this ain't new. And it is all due to fucking Sakakibara. If he stops babbling about Misaki and trying hard to make others acknowledge she exists, this wouldn't have happened. It is possible that Izumi may be next. But the one I desperately hope dies is
. That motherfucker. If he kept silent about this, nothing would have happened. Motherfucker couldn't take a hint from his friends.

That counter lady is definitely a programmed doll. Also, every bad incident happens around fucking Sakakibara. In case he hasn't noticed already, Misaki is a GHOST! (No spoiler alert here).

And that elevator incident. Yeah, that nurse should have not gone to the terrace to make that phone call. I don't know why she did that. And it is fucking obvious that WHOEVER TALKS ABOUT MISAKI MEI DIES. THAT IS WHY HIS BROTHER STOPPED BREACHING THE TOPIC AND WHY NO ONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Also, keep a watch out for any crows for any upcoming deaths.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 17, 2018 6:18 PM

Aug 2014
Oh god..it seems this show is killing off all the likeable characters first. That nurse was so cute and playful..so sad she had to die in such a way. All she was trying to do was help out the MC. It seems he is causing everyone's death by getting them involved.
Oct 1, 2018 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
Why the hell was the nurse so keen to have lunch with him.

Mid 20's nurse takes middle schooler out to lunch.

Nothing suss with that at all.
Jan 2, 2019 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
well i saw the death flag for her, not surprised. she got too involved with it and was playing the detective role. they're killing all the likable characters off first.
guess im avoiding stairs AND elevators
Mar 9, 2019 1:21 PM
Feb 2019
best girl was first to die
Mar 28, 2019 12:31 AM
Oct 2018
rip nurse 2018
shows exceeded my expectations so far and that op goes hard
May 5, 2019 11:05 AM
May 2019
The bird is acting awfully suspicious right now :P
May 8, 2019 9:01 AM

Dec 2018
I sense a death flag for Reiko. And she was from group 3, oh no.

I wonder why did they try to hide the 4th rule from us viewer.

So the ghost didn't like when someone goes too deep into their topic.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 27, 2019 1:47 PM

Aug 2018
NOT SECOND BEST GIRL NURSE-SAN
Sep 17, 2019 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
whoa that is starting to be some good anime afterall, maybe it is made after some real folk tale in Japan? It really suits Japan village thing
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 22, 2020 12:28 PM

Apr 2020
HOLY SHIT!

That ending left me speechless.. like i expected her to die but like not like that.

This is getting better each episode!
Jun 8, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2016
still so irritated by the MC!!

Well at least he becomes more confident and really wants to know the real deal but..

COME ON the guy read Steven King! and even more! He must have some horror intelligence, but he doesn't :C

Don't mess with the ghost or demon or supernatural being that this Mei girl is...

someone please recommend me a horror show or book or whatever where the main character has some knowledge about ghosts etc.... and actually tries to be careful!!!
( >_<)/

And what is the rule 4? Really, does the MC know it ?? or what?? Hey, show, just tell me if he knows it, i'm okay with it being a secret for me :==o
Rule for like death number huh. Okay.

Anyhow, "don't talk about the curse or it will start happening" is the main tool of keeping mystery... meh.

Jul 4, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2018
Goodbye nurse-chan! The most likeable character in the show as well lol
Aug 16, 2020 7:32 AM
Aug 2020
yoooooo wtf !!! not the nurse :( it really reminds me of final destination a little
Aug 16, 2020 7:34 AM

Jun 2020
ann_sordo said:
yoooooo wtf !!! not the nurse :( it really reminds me of final destination a little

Bruh this anime a wack version of Final Destination, I'd tell you to drop but I didn't either so I really can't say it lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 17, 2020 3:26 PM

Jun 2020
the nurse was cool, why? :c
Sep 1, 2020 8:39 PM
Oct 2019
Laughably absurd deaths is what this show is about?

I don't like this much and don't think I'll like it more if I keep watching. But since it's only 12 episodes I might just push through and finish it.
HagePotPotatoSep 1, 2020 8:46 PM
Jun 8, 2021 1:36 AM

Feb 2021
Noooo!!! Why did that nurse have to die?? She was so kind and helpful. Looks like whoever discusses or somehow sees her dies with the exception of Kouichi. Looks there are gonna be a lottt of dead bodies piling up.

Aug 6, 2021 7:59 PM
Nov 2020
Damn it. The nurse was the liveliest character in the show so far. It's sad to see her die like that.
Aug 8, 2021 11:50 PM
Mar 2020
suspenseful episode but this time, I felt like the anime is going worse and worse the more I watch. It was okay, but the terror is gone for some reason.

Still confused with why Kouichi can't figure out what the frick is real and not, like how? Also, they feel... bland in this episode. I don't know, I think they were so unpleasant and the plot was so unsatisfying. I can't really describe what it is, it feels like the aftertaste lol. But still, going to watch some more since the story is good! :D
Your existence doesn't matter because no one will notice if you never existed.
Oct 29, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2016
I haven't finished ep yet. I 100% expect Mizuno or her bro to die. This Sakhi guy is so stupid. How in the heck does he not realize she does not exist? The store owner would have told both of them to leave back then in the doll shop....

After ep: ofc she dies lol.
Nov 27, 2021 9:52 AM

Mar 2019
Nooooo, Not Mizunoo. I swear, if something happens to Teshigawara, I'll be sad :(

The deaths are so gruesome, why would you take that elevatorrr! Just look at how it looks.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 10, 2022 6:38 AM

Dec 2018
looks like mc transferring in is the cause and anyone that gets close to him is marked for death
Sep 15, 2022 5:56 PM
Oct 2020
There's still quite an annoying vagueness about everything, which makes me worried since it's such a short series. Although the vagueness obv. adds to the mystery, i cant help but feel like the plot has been drawn out too much already... im hopeful
Sep 28, 2022 12:39 AM
May 2019
Fmguyfy5du6uuci
Oct 25, 2022 11:16 AM

Mar 2021
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.