Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Aug 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
DAMN IT his nurse girlfriend died!!

God this class is stupid, Kouichi wouldn't be poking around like this if someone managed to somewhat explain what is going on instead of treating him like an outcast and at fault for what is going on.
Aug 26, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
Syndrical said:
dat nigga dead

We should just post this comment in each of these episode discussions lol
Sep 4, 2014 9:53 PM
Sep 2014
one by one they're all going down ;_;
Sep 26, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2014
God will be with you... I hope your death was just a coincidence.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 19, 2014 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
Not the Nurse ! ! ! she's my favorite, ahhh
Nov 18, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2014
Damn! I really liked the nurse, she actually interacted with Kouichi a lot. I'm sad to see her go. But I can't stop watching this, it's very addicting.

I have a feeling that Kouichi's aunt is going to go at some point. They threw some red herrings in this episode with the first girl at the glass pane and his aunt, instead killing the nurse, but I feel like by the end of the show his aunt is definitely going to be dead.
jdimaria3Nov 18, 2014 7:15 PM
Nov 26, 2014 9:52 AM
Dec 2, 2014 12:48 AM

Jan 2013
Thank God a show that derails the cliche train. I like where this is going.
Dec 6, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2014
Aaaand the only person who talked with him about the mystery dies. Hopefully he figures something out (but I'm banking on him being clueless for a few more eps at the very least).
Jan 20, 2015 2:56 AM
Jun 2013
lol this is really final destination the anime.wow she and her mom died same day. Not a good time for that family. God dammit the nurse died. Why! I actually liked her. She was nice. ok I will not care about noone since everyone is a target. Also that death was way more brutal then last episode. I hope they explain whats killing everyone.
Mar 4, 2015 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
I find my mind starting to get bored with the pacing each episode, but the endings like this keep me intrested. The main character is just dumb as a box of shit, all there is to it.
Mar 22, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
Cool. Another death. Cool.
Mar 22, 2015 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
This was the first excellent episode; I was on the edge of my seat most the episode. So tense!

'twas obvious the nurse was going to die next though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 8, 2015 11:33 PM
Feb 2015
Ok seriously, this show is really starting to bother me. The class is refusing to tell the MC anything yet acts as if he's acting out of line by asking what's going on..."follow the rules" but nobody tells him the rules.

How is he supposed to forestall this curse or whatever if he isn't in on the proper prevention measures or whatever the hell the rest of class 3 does? It's a glaring issue in the show.
Apr 12, 2015 10:34 PM

Feb 2015
Wow... this anime... this suspense... awesome.

Shame about the nurse though, I really liked her.
Apr 15, 2015 11:41 PM

Feb 2013
Funnily enough this episode demonstrates the exact reason why I hate riding in elevators and avoid them whenever possible. I don't care how illogical a fear it is, I'll never trust the damn things lol.

Also as soon as the nurse mentioned she had a brother in class 3 I knew she was gonna die. Sad really, I actually liked her a lot.
May 2, 2015 4:42 AM

Nov 2014
since the nurse has died, is it safe to assume her brother is dead as well?
May 31, 2015 3:10 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really liked the nurse T____T
But really MC is sometimes somewhat getting on my nerves.
Ok the class should tell him. but idk ...

Hakaya said:
since the nurse has died, is it safe to assume her brother is dead as well?

Not always the whole Family is dying. Sometimes just the relatives.
In this case, if he is dead or not should be cleared further on :3

xqf13 said:
Ok seriously, this show is really starting to bother me. The class is refusing to tell the MC anything yet acts as if he's acting out of line by asking what's going on..."follow the rules" but nobody tells him the rules.

How is he supposed to forestall this curse or whatever if he isn't in on the proper prevention measures or whatever the hell the rest of class 3 does? It's a glaring issue in the show.

Believe me or not, but it has somewhat sense they are not gonna tell him what is happening. I can't remember if they give you this information in the anime, but in the manga surly.
Yes, it IS getting on my nerves also, but well. They have their reasons.
YiuumiiMay 31, 2015 3:15 AM

Jul 5, 2015 8:02 AM

May 2015
Not the nurse.... Kouichi's dragging innocent people like her to death now, God.

Sep 7, 2015 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
This is my second or third time watching this series, and every time I think about the logic behind some of the writing, I can't help but find my frustrated at how contrived some of it is.

For this episode in particular, The Akazawa girl laments at the fact that she was absent on Kouichi's first day of school, and therefore failed to warn him about the curse, and yet still didn't lift a fucking finger to give him the details on the class' situation in the 2-3 days that she was at school before the girl with glasses fell down the stairs. For that matter, why does it fall solely on her to tell him in the first place?

If this curse is such a big deal that you need to make "countermeasures" for it, then why is everyone being so cryptic on what those "countermeasures" actually are?
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Oct 23, 2015 10:08 PM

Dec 2014
I already knew she was going to die the moment she stepped in that elevator. This is final destination ffs
Oct 24, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
is dis final destination the anime

is the MC a keiichi clone

Setup screamed Higurashi.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 24, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
RIP nurse route. I thought she'd be the first to die based on the first call cut, but it was just roasted for an episode. Kouichi's harem is diminishing, and so goes his possible underage romance life.
Jan 2, 2016 10:08 PM

Aug 2009
ok i see the pattern now...

sucks that nurse had to go... was among my fav character

don't really care who's next now
Feb 7, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
The kid is an idiot. I can't believe he hasn't figured it out yet.
Feb 13, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that I liked more than the previous, perhaps because throughout the story we focused not only on the reason to know the truth behind the secret hovering about the school. Stunning set design and drawings, ditto for animations. What a pity that the nurse is dead already. D:
Mar 14, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
Well, bye bye, nurse. I don't get why so many people liked you since we hardly knew ye, but whatever.

Anyway, I liked this death much more than the umbrella one, it was still pretty random, but at least not as ridiculous as the previous one. So seeing Misaki doesn't equal to death sentence if you're not named Sakakibara? Unless she was actually there with the nurse, but we didn't see her (it is possible we can only see her if Sakakibara is present.) She talked about her, though, and that may be a better explanation. Why is Sakakibara immune, though? I'm starting to think Misaki may actually be alive, only shunned by her classmates because of the curse. And maybe she's actually working at the creepy store, so that's why the old lady says she has no other customers. Anyway, I like the fact that his classmates refuse to tell him anything seems to be justified, at least in their minds; from what they said in this episode, you need to explain it VERY precisely otherwise bad things will happen.
May 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
Rei_12 said:
Why can't Kouichi figure out that Mei doesn't exist ffs.. Everything could of been prevent if he wasn't a block head.

Or if his classmates would just tell him what's going on. Seriously, the secrecy clearly isn't helping.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 8, 2016 11:41 AM
May 2016
justinas said:
Wordsmith said:

Sure, the girl with glasses from ep3 can attest to that :)

Touche.

I'm dead. So true lmao.
Jul 25, 2016 4:45 AM

Mar 2016
Wow,just...wow.

I was not expecting that,but,it would be interesting if her brother died too.
Oct 17, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
VanillaIceCream said:
I'm starting to become under the assumption that perhaps from this point on there'll be one death per episode, which is good. I predicted the nurse's death when she mentioned that she had a brother in Class 3.
When she got loads of screen time at the beginning of the episode and much less later on, I knew the nurse would die. The second she stepped in the elevator sealed her fate.
"If brute force isn't working, you're not using enough"
"Don't worry, Yuki. I'll protect you" Yuno Gasai 2010 (I think)
Oct 28, 2016 11:15 PM
Jul 2016
Well, both stairs and elevators kill people now. Escalators anyone?
Nov 6, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 2016
Thats it, im dropping this shit

The death is not appealing and seem so convenient
The MC is a DENSE piece of shit that interrupts conversation to stop the Mei (ghost) or whatever when it is to explain anything. Running away chasing his delusions when the class rep trying to explain something

The MC's sister/aunt, idk, is another DENSE piece of shit knowing there are rules to follow since she attend class 3, but refuse to tell to the MC for no apparent reason, just she feel headache and don't feel like telling what the MC should/should not do on rule 3

The Classmates are another DENSE piece of shit, like "oh there are things that should be avoided in this class" OK lets not tell him so he will do that exact thing that we have been avoiding, and blame him when the tragedy happen

I got 0 enjoyment watching this anime and 10/10 rage for how the story is being told,

Another needs to learn from Higurashi no naku koro ni on "How to tell a mystery story 101"
Fried_PotatoNov 6, 2016 3:18 AM
Nov 25, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
Predictable death.
I agree with Fried_Potato, it seems it would be easier to avoid such things if MC knew what is forbidden and what not. But then, everyone refuses to tell him.
Dec 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 04 - Put Flesh:

Her mom dies too, and this sort of thing (curse?) has happened since the beginning of the horror story (26 years ago!?) and the school is still there??

Kouichi sister seems to know something and the question the bird does Why is a nuance for her because she lock out something in her past that Dont want to remember.

The importance of follow the rules is the third rule by her sister (we do not know those rules just test, but is likely something to do with Mei) and the fourth rule.

The Damian quote (a person name Damian who said to be the antichrist) maybe Is like Kouichi is something like that, with this I remember the first episode in which Mei says that Kouichi have somethin to do with "death" like his schoomate were saying.

So Kouichi last name Sa-ka-ki-ba-ra and the conversation with Mei in the beginning has some meaning, and we still don't know anything from her mother (she assists class 3 too long ago) or her sister story in class 3, or Kouichi past as a kid (Most likely Kouichi have something to do with the recent dead)

Izumi as the lead of countermeasures (who's May be created to avoid deaths) wanted to warned Kouichi the first day but for some reason the class did not want him to know anything.

The nurse is now dead..just why?

So many unanswered questions is really interesting.

5/5
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 6:59 AM
Feb 2, 2017 11:54 PM

Feb 2016
Nooooooooo why!? I like that fuckin nurse
Mar 10, 2017 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
Okay. One student and a family member of his dies per month. What's up with the nurse's death?
May 1, 2017 8:20 AM

Apr 2015
If someone's going to die every episode, then I'm going to finish this lol.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Sep 4, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2016
Another one bites the dust.
Sep 18, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2013
DAMMIT. The cute nurse that had the hots for Kouchi died :'(

I had a feeling she was going to eventually since she was meddling way too much for his sake, but I thought he would at least get more info out of her before she died. Maaannnnn. What a waste. She could've been Kouichi's gf TT^TT
Oct 13, 2017 5:13 PM
Apr 2014
That death was way too telegraphed though. I honestly expected her to die first but they caught me off guard because she didn't in ep2 and then the death in ep3 happened.

But again they made it obvious when she went into the elevator. I'm wondering if it'll continue like that. Would be nice if they'd make it a surprise at least once.

I guess there aren't any leads for the next victim at least. Could be anyway now. The most likely probably would be the brother of the nurse but that would be way too obvious. There has to be someone grieving. That's basically what has been missing entirely this episode. I mean they all avoid talking to Kouichi but no one is angry or anything. That just feels off.

And for fucks sake please tell him what is going on already xD he basically kills people around him and they still don't tell him. Although he might be onto it already on his own. He seems to be connecting some dots at least. Probably still doesn't get the whole picture though.

I don't like how they go about the accidents though. Both have been a cliffhanger and it's a bit annoying. I mean obviously they couldn't have survived those but it just feels wrong to end it right after such a cruel accident. And showing it entirely again at the start of the following episode is just as weird.

edit: OMG I just realized while looking at the characters profiles on MAL I missed an interesting fact.
NanashiOct 13, 2017 5:24 PM
Dec 7, 2017 4:27 AM
Jan 2017
This anime is boring af.
Dec 22, 2017 10:25 PM
Dec 2017
I remember seeing a video on whether or not it's safe to take the elevator or stairs. Guess I will parachute down the buildings instead.
Mar 1, 2018 9:33 PM
Dec 2017
whats was that ??
why she die ? i think she die because she try to say something !
and at the time she die ! what could be she try to say?
Apr 1, 2018 7:14 AM

Sep 2017
I already seen the death flag of the nurse,so this ain't new. And it is all due to fucking Sakakibara. If he stops babbling about Misaki and trying hard to make others acknowledge she exists, this wouldn't have happened. It is possible that Izumi may be next. But the one I desperately hope dies is
. That motherfucker. If he kept silent about this, nothing would have happened. Motherfucker couldn't take a hint from his friends.

That counter lady is definitely a programmed doll. Also, every bad incident happens around fucking Sakakibara. In case he hasn't noticed already, Misaki is a GHOST! (No spoiler alert here).

And that elevator incident. Yeah, that nurse should have not gone to the terrace to make that phone call. I don't know why she did that. And it is fucking obvious that WHOEVER TALKS ABOUT MISAKI MEI DIES. THAT IS WHY HIS BROTHER STOPPED BREACHING THE TOPIC AND WHY NO ONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Also, keep a watch out for any crows for any upcoming deaths.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 17, 2018 6:18 PM

Aug 2014
Oh god..it seems this show is killing off all the likeable characters first. That nurse was so cute and playful..so sad she had to die in such a way. All she was trying to do was help out the MC. It seems he is causing everyone's death by getting them involved.
Oct 1, 2018 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
Why the hell was the nurse so keen to have lunch with him.

Mid 20's nurse takes middle schooler out to lunch.

Nothing suss with that at all.
Jan 2, 2019 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
well i saw the death flag for her, not surprised. she got too involved with it and was playing the detective role. they're killing all the likable characters off first.
guess im avoiding stairs AND elevators
Mar 9, 2019 1:21 PM
Feb 2019
best girl was first to die
Mar 28, 2019 12:31 AM
Oct 2018
rip nurse 2018
shows exceeded my expectations so far and that op goes hard
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.