Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2012 6:08 PM

Aug 2008
I can't find a reason to dislike Natsume! It's soo great! since the season 3, every episode makes me sad (because of natsume's problems) and yet I'm always very happy at the end of each episode!

Nest episode looks interesting!!
Jan 30, 2012 6:58 PM

Aug 2010
I'm impressed about how this show can keep using the same format and themes over and over again but bring something fresh and new to it every time. This is one show that can go on forever and I'll never get sick of it.

5/5
Jan 30, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
keikanna44 said:
I'm impressed about how this show can keep using the same format and themes over and over again but bring something fresh and new to it every time. This is one show that can go on forever and I'll never get sick of it.

5/5

I literally was going to say the exact same thing when i saw this..already said it on my blog though :D

It's heartbreaking to see Natsume smile despite all the bullcrap he has to deal with!
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 30, 2012 7:46 PM

May 2011
Orulyon said:
MM-Rosiie said:
rodac said:
It's nice to know that there were people like Ogata who have positive memories of Natsume, and who he also has positive memories of.

Yes. I love that she stood up for Natsume and that he smiled. <3

And I liked his hair, even though it was a bit messy.
I loved how she was observant and smart.

I love Natsume's flashbacks. <3

I love his smile. <3

THiS.

Couldn't agree more
Jan 30, 2012 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
I actually preferred how they didn't meet. The episode wasn't bad, but it felt like it covered well-trodden ground, probably in San. I'm not a fan of the dual perspective thing either. I don't know about comparing it to the previous seasons, but this is definitely the one of the few shows this season I look forward to each week.
Jan 30, 2012 10:58 PM

Jan 2010
My god, Natsume is triggering those flags like there's no tomorrow. He's a pro.
Jan 31, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2008
Agree I'm giggling like a idiot. Gosh I love this show. Yeah like others I wish there is some romance but it's fine without it.
Jan 31, 2012 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
keikanna44 said:

5/5

AGREE

nyanko-sensei's "mata mata~" was cute :3
Jan 31, 2012 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
the first half of the episode was among the best bits from the whole series; liked the whole double perspective thing.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 31, 2012 1:39 AM

Nov 2007
Tears rolled down when Natsume replied: "They have all been nice up until now." T_T

Isn't Yuriko the first one to actually cry for Natsume? She seemed to have taken a strong liking to him and who knows, there could be more to just friendship. I would have loved to see her meeting Natsume. Let's just assume she probably will, because it seems that Natsume is frequenting that town. :)

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2012 2:32 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Ogata should just ask Toyomatsu where he saw Natsume so they can meet again.

I thought I was hearing things, but I was right because I was heard her voice instead of Ogata's the entire time.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 31, 2012 3:10 AM
Dec 2009
i'd appreciate this episode more if only they met again :(
tag©.androgynous
Jan 31, 2012 5:17 AM

Dec 2010
Better than the ones before but still too obvious at times, e.g. stuff like "a woman that smelled like alcohol", yeah poor Natsume and his terrible family full of suckers again..

I bet he had a good view here ;)
Jan 31, 2012 6:51 AM

Oct 2010
It would've been awesome if they met again...
BUT! next episode~ it hasn't even been completly edited in english in the manga, yet it's already in the anime ♥
I think the next one will strech over 2 episodes (maybe, since it's sooooo long)
Jan 31, 2012 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
Best episode so far.

My heart weeps a little for Natsume because he couldn't ask his relatives for money to cut his hair. That is just so sad. ╥﹏╥
Jan 31, 2012 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
I wish they could have met again! ;__;

Another beautiful episode ♥
[.center] [./center]
Jan 31, 2012 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
It was such a nice episode...as always :D
And she even stood up for him... it's great to see that there were people like her and not only bullies... It would have been nice if they met
Jan 31, 2012 11:45 AM
Nov 2010
Wow, great episode!
Jan 31, 2012 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
First thing that comes to mind at the end of this episode is whether Natsume and Yuriko will ever meet again.
I would just like to see that conversation that comes forth from it since they seemed really friendly.
They way they parted was also pretty sad so who knows what might become of it.

It was also a pretty nice story to watch and i liked how Yuriko didn't seem to mind Natsume's strange behaviour.
Jan 31, 2012 11:03 PM

Nov 2010
Jacut said:
Is it me or is this fourth season even more awesome than the first three ? The episode was beautifully executed and narration was perfect once again. Oh, and the preview seemed to indicate that the next one will be fantastic too, evil Natsume ftw !

I agree! it is wonderful. It is really nice when we get to meet characters form Natsume's past. Also it is kind of funny, i am too lazy/cheep to have my hair cut somewhere. I would probably have offered to cut his hair. Although he probably would have declined. I liked how Touko Fujiwara-san was described as a sweet older women.
Natsume must be really in shape. Look at how much exercise he got as a child running for his life.
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Feb 1, 2012 6:57 AM
Oct 2008
I liked the character of Ogata immediately, she has a Natori-poster and a Kappa-pluchedoll.
Feb 1, 2012 11:37 AM
Oct 2011
Oh Nyanco-sensei with his Dango!
Feb 1, 2012 1:23 PM

Feb 2008
who can guess what her shirt says?

still...he needs a girl.
kisamiFeb 1, 2012 1:41 PM
Feb 1, 2012 3:32 PM
Mar 2011
I say he goes with taki, she knows how to see yokai, altho this new girl seems understanding enough.
Feb 1, 2012 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode. I'd also like it if he and Ogata did meet again someday.

Never fails, this show always makes me smile.
Feb 1, 2012 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
It was refreshing to take a look at Natsume's past. Reminds me of how much more sociable he's become, too.
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Feb 1, 2012 9:46 PM

Jun 2011
i thought they would meet
:(
nice episode, as always
Feb 2, 2012 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
nznznz said:
Better than the ones before but still too obvious at times, e.g. stuff like "a woman that smelled like alcohol", yeah poor Natsume and his terrible family full of suckers again..

I bet he had a good view here ;)

You are so watching this show for the wrong reasons dude, holy crap >_>
Feb 3, 2012 11:39 AM

May 2010
This is a good episode and interesting to see from their perspective !!
Feb 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
loved the episode :)
I kinda wish at the end Natsume would meet up with the girl again.
aw I love Natsume too much X3
Natsume's long hair and messy hair was cute too hehe :)
Feb 4, 2012 9:13 AM

Dec 2009
This was very nice. How sad that Natsume was just too busy trying to run from youkais so he never had a chance to fit in.
Feb 4, 2012 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
A good ninety percent of the episode was made of flashbacks, yet it was so wonderfully executed that I lost track of time and didn’t want it to end. The double perspective was a neat added trait to the storytelling.

This is the first episode in four seasons we’ve seen someone else’s —well, I correct, someone-that-is-not-a-youkai’s— point of view on their relationship with a younger Natsume. Yuriko is a really nice girl. I’m glad she is there to prove that not everything in Natsume’s past is sad and lonely; that he met a person like her, whom he could get along with despite the things he had to keep inside; and most importantly, that she cared deeply about him – Natsume himself held those memories of her as well. I love that.

Aw, that Natori poster. I want to see him again soon, please.
The small youkai was like a little doll, cute~
Natsume’s messy hair~ I’d offer to cut it for him any day.

I hope Yuriko and Natsume get to meet each other again at some point ♥

Next episode seems to have many hilarity moments. Next week, come fast~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 4, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2009
Another good episode...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Feb 4, 2012 8:56 PM
Jan 2010
Loved the dual perspective bit, and the twist that they actually didn't meet in the end was a quite a bit of a surprise, but a good idea nonetheless as it showed the idea of the whole life goes on thing with the series. Still, I want them to meet again eventually. Maybe at some point, Natori would ask Natsume to work with him again on another job where they'd need to travel to Ogata's town. Maybe have Tanuma and Taki tag along. That would be fun. XD

Looking forward to the next episode with another Yokaii taking over Natsume.
Feb 5, 2012 9:14 AM

May 2010
Another strong episode. I find the dual perspective narration done well.

And to think it's from a girl that could be Natsume's love interest. I demand more romance! XD
Feb 15, 2012 4:17 PM

Mar 2011
Yuriko was awesome, I loved her.
Feb 16, 2012 8:49 AM

Jan 2012
Another flashback episode, and a good one at that. Ogata, one of the only people who took the initiative in trying to understand Natsume, was a breath of fresh air. I like her a lot right away, and even more after seeing the kind of character she was. I was expecting Natsume to take the "clingbug" back to the other town, where he and Ogata would see each other again. I was really hoping they'd meet, like the other flashback episode with the Youkai girl in the tree, and I was left with a kind of sad and empty feeling when they didn't.
Still, her hearing about him, and that he was happy, and Natsume wishing that the people in that town would hear he was happy at the same time was an unexpected and beautiful ending.
Feb 19, 2012 8:54 AM
Feb 2012
MM-Rosiie said:
rodac said:
It's nice to know that there were people like Ogata who have positive memories of Natsume, and who he also has positive memories of.

And I liked his hair, even though it was a bit messy.
I loved how she was observant and smart.

I love Natsume's flashbacks. <3

I love his smile. <3

This, and I'm a straight male. I can't have enough of the soothing atmosphere of this anime, and how he can smile faintly yet heartily after all that's happened in his life so far. And they would make a perfect couple, though I doubt there'll be actual romance in this anime.
Feb 29, 2012 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
I swear with every episode I grow to love Natsume more, and more!

Where he goes, he's blamed for most bad things happening around him, called a liar too. I am really grateful when someone decides to understand him better, whether human or youkai. Natsume doesn't ever complain either, and yet makes the very most of the friends he has and treasures them.. Natsume is truly a wonderful person, isn't he?

I thought it was really sweet that he decided to go back to check on the little "clingbug" youkai, and protected it too.

Ogata is so sweet, I was glad when she stuck up for Natsume. It's unfortunate that they couldn't have developed more of a friendship, the goodbye was pretty sad :(
Mar 21, 2012 5:05 PM

Aug 2011
I really liked the concept of dual perspective. It really emphasizes on the fact that normal people can't see what Natsume is seeing. I cried inside when he was being ignored by the same students who greeted him so nicely. He really had it rough before he was taken in by the Fujiwara's.

Ogata seems like a nice girl (potential love interest for Natsume-kun). I kinda have a thing for girls wearing red-rimmed glasses. I'm still a Taki fan though... xD
Apr 14, 2012 12:40 PM

Mar 2012
That's a pretty girl.. :D
Seeing Natsume fighting a youkai from a normal human's view will makes you think that he's really weird, that's why there were fewer people around him who understands him or no people at all.. He had a very hard life, so it's good to see that there are also other people who cares for him..
Apr 18, 2012 5:46 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder if we'll see Ogata again? If not then this episode was a bit pointless.
Apr 22, 2012 10:45 PM

Mar 2009
Yet another episode indicative of how far Natsume has come both as a person and in his life. Neat format too.
May 2, 2012 11:04 PM

Jun 2009
Why is this show so... sad?

It's a nice story, but at the same time it's not that nice...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2012 11:23 PM

Nov 2008
Natsume sure met many nice people now as compared to his past. :,)
Jan 7, 2013 1:44 PM

Nov 2011
I like this Ogata girl tbh. Even though she's probably not going to appear again in the series, she is someone who understands Natsume as a kind and gentle person kind of like herself.

Anyways, nice episode. 5/5.
Apr 7, 2013 2:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MM-Rosiie said:
rodac said:

I'm glad there was someone else who understood Natsume from his past. We usually only see other boys bullying him and people talking behind his back, but Ogata was different. I cried and felt the frustration Ogata had when she tried to stick up for Natsume with the window incident, and how Natsume just smiled and thanked her ;__; At least having her around made his stay at that town a better experience. They probably would still be good friends if they had kept in touch ^^ And that suneko (clingbug?) was adorable! I love how it just kept rolling around on the ground in the beginning.
May 27, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 2008
Ogata is awesome! <3
Nov 12, 2013 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
Romeo said:
Ogata is awesome! <3

I agree!
Dec 23, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
Poor Natsume. The episode as a whole didn't get me like the others.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ClementIV - Mar 26, 2012

209 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 9, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jan 23, 2012

102 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 13, 2012

85 by JoJoLaRow »»
Feb 20, 3:22 PM

» Why wouldn't Natsume learn magic?

jihe - Mar 19, 2012

8 by Nakuy »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2012

58 by Meritas »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.