Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2012 7:54 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They wake up Hummy and Hummy impresses everyone with her singing. Really, that voice came out of nowhere.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good.
Jan 29, 2012 10:15 PM

Sep 2007
A good ending for a good serie.
Really beautiful voice for Hummy.
Jan 29, 2012 10:35 PM

Jul 2008
5/10
Jan 31, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2009
Cheesy end but still good anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2012 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
Probably my least favorite of the precure shows. Wasn't bad, but it was missing something.
Feb 4, 2012 4:06 PM
Mar 2008
Cute Series,I liked Melody and Muse the best ^^

Ending was sweet and cute but the final battle against Noise felt kind of Rushed compared to Heartcatch's Final Battle,No offense,But I felt The Cures beated Noise a bit way too easilly with they're angel Forms. He should have lasted at least two more episodes,

Overall an enjoyable series but it should have been at least 50 episodes not 48,So I give this a 7 out of 10
Feb 10, 2012 9:43 AM

Apr 2011
Thank goodness I finally finished this.

Really enjoyed it watching till the end.

Now that is over, time to move on to Smile Precure! ^^
Jun 17, 2012 5:03 PM

Nov 2007
whoa, it took me a year and half to finish this. I enjoyed the ride. It was a great introduction to precure for me, but idk if i'll watch another again.

7/10
Feb 25, 2013 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
hummy's singing should've been featured FAR more prominently considering how beautiful her signing voice is. the ending felt rushed to be honest + there wasn't any real emotional connection or sense of closure - especially when compared to heartcatch.

the series had some high-points, but in all honesty i could count on one hand the amount of episodes that i truly loved. hibiki + hummy carried this show along & they should've been the central focus of the ending but instead it was all over the place. i'm just glad it's finished tbh.

quick edit: i'm actually quite upset that i didn't enjoy this show as much as i'd hoped. it had SUCH promise: the character design was great, the initial story set-up was decent enough & the music was spot on. & on a minor note, kanade's precure costume is probably my favourite mahou shoujo outfit ever tbh (in my limited knowledge of mahou shoujo). the show just fell flat (especially the last 5 or so episodes) + that makes me feel quite sad actually.
Mar 3, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2010
7/10 for me as well. Ellen/Siren/Cure Beat was my favorite precure this season. She by far was the most developed character throughout this series. Op was amazingly catchy, so was the second ending. Movie was pumped full of cheese then ending to the series was alright. I couple things I didn't like we're the amount of times they said "we can't give up" or "we're not giving up" etc., the fights scenes at the end we're lacking and the whole Noise villain.

I think that Hummy is the best mascot though thats one thing that I'll always remember from this show. Hummy and of course Siren.

Considering this series was aimed for children, I'm impressed by how well its done compared to the crap out now in the US. Why can't the US have more shows like this?
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 6, 2014 8:24 AM

Apr 2009
Between a 7 and an 8 out of 10 for me.
I really don't get why this has such a low reputation among the franchise. Only because it came out after Heartcatch? Really?!

The theming was very well handled, characters were decently written even though they were a bit dumb (within reason), the mascot was good and after the rough first arc things improved quickly. The only real downside was that hialriously dumb reasonign for the bickering at the start (the false tree?! -.-) and the rather weak Trio the Minor as villians - which were thankfully replaced by Frieza..err...Noise in the final arc. Also, the production! Stock footage was great for the most part, the costumes were detailed and in general it felt a lot more high quality than a few other seasonals.
NidhoeggrJul 6, 2014 8:27 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 29, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
Just finished rewatching this. I noticed a few more flaws then I did during my first watch, but I overall still enjoyed it to a really high extent.

I can totally forgive the cheesiness in some of it considering they had to change the story around after the 2011 tsunami, and if you put it into the context of the kids in Japan who suffered from said tsunami, it sends out a really inspiring and much needed message.

I ended up liking Kanade much more than I did during my first rewatch. This ended up being one of the few seasons where this isn't a single Cure that I don't care for/dislike. Animation was gorgeous for the most part. Finale wasn't the greatest but still held up pretty well for what it accomplished.

8/10.
May 24, 2015 4:47 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
It could have been better. I found the first episodes very boring and it was like watching Futari wa again. Hibiki and Kanade used to fight in every episode but when Cure Beat appeared and her redemption arc started, they totally changed, they didn't have a single fight. Somehow they were matching, when the main point at the beginning was that they were incompatible.

They tried to make an Eas/Setsuna 2.0 with Ellen but it wasn't executed well. Setsuna had more depth and the second part of Fresh Precure focused a lot on her. But with Ellen, her episodes were limited since the latter part dragged and focused on Ako/Cure Muse who was proven to be the most important Precure. Which I couldn't help but getting Chibiusa vibes from Sailor Moon with her whole situation.

And Hummy was useless, I know she was a very naive mascot but she was easily fooled so many times when it was too obvious. And she was barely any help, you would have expected her to tell the team about the royal family and their kingdom. Like Mephisto, she couldn't tell he was the King, even if he was brainwashed? Or that there was a princess?

I heard they re-wrote many parts of this season and it was supposed to be darker which I would have preferred. The villains were too comical also. But, I have to admit this season had one of the best designs in the whole franchises and detailed outfits, so blame that for the not so good fights.
Aug 1, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
Well this ended up being a disappointment for me,in a similar way as Fresh.

Strong first half, peak mid-season (both during their redemption arc coincidentally), weak second half, unsatisfactory conclusion.

Suite was worse though cause I liked Suite's first half more than Fresh's so it ended up as more of a disappointment,plus it had the 5 episode dragged out final fight which was the worst I've seen in the franchise so far imo.

6/10.
VanishingKiraAug 1, 2017 11:52 AM
Sep 11, 2021 4:35 AM
Dec 2020
8/10 for me. I started the show with a lot of prejudices due to opinions I've read online about this season, but now I can see why I was totally wrong. And I can't understand why the Precure community hates Suite so much.
Feb 18, 2022 6:01 AM
Oct 2019
Man Hearcatch comparisons are frustrating, at its own this was a really beautiful show with a really nice ending
Mar 24, 2022 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
I'm really surprised at how much I love this series overall, at first I was expecting to kinda hate it, but I really fell in love with the characters and the story. It was a little long in the end of the series but I thought the themes were played out nicely and it came very well done.
I'm sad this show suffers from being released after Heartcatch; I've been watching the series in release order but since I've started with Heartcatch first (and watched it again when it came in order) but I really think Suite is a great stand alone.
Apr 17, 2023 9:15 AM
Dec 2013
Good last stretch of episodes. During the episodes with Pii I got the feeling the plot mostly got moved along by heroes and villains being idiots and failing, but after he turned into big Noise, the stakes were rising every episode and the plot hinged more on the characters actually doing stuff.
(Although I can't really remember the last time Kanade did anything meaningful. It made sense that Hibiki as the emotional intuitive type figured out to relate to Noise. But Kanade started out as the by-the-book intellectual one who always scolded people that messed up, but we had like a dozen episodes that ended with Precure-failures, and not once did she say "Wait a minute, what is it we are doing wrong? What's our long-term goal besides just reacting to the villains actions? Let's be proactive, make a plan, try something different!" It was always just keep smiling and optimism and better luck next time.)

I liked that defeating Noise didn't turn the world back to normal. Ending with the melody of happiness made sense, it was good how they set it up with all the musicians & living instruments already at the palace. Would have preferred a duet with Hummy & Elen, though.

I'm also glad they at least somewhat acknowledged that feeling sadness is normal. Every time they kept putting on those brave fake-smiles at the first hint of sadness, I really hoped that the kids watching this also saw Inside Out so they don't grow up emotionally repressed.

For an anime about music, this was surprisingly weak on songs. I get that giving lyrics to the melodies of happiness/sadness would take away from the fact that the MELODY conveys the magic, but couldn't they wake up Hummy with a song that had lyrics beyond lalala?

I wonder if Elen will ever be able to turn into a cat again?
Feb 22, 7:20 PM

Jan 2021
Kind of a F'd up ending if you think about it. So Siren is forever stuck as a human now? That must be horrifying to have to deal with. Like imagine if you were a human and suddenly one day you became a cat and you couldn't ever return to your true form. That would be really scary. I thought she would at least become a cat again at the end, but apparently she just became a street bum playing guitar for handouts. Not sure which part of this is worse.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 14 Discussion

11AM - May 16, 2011

6 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 9, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 6 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 20, 2011

11 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 31, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 2 Discussion

Blackbird - Feb 13, 2011

19 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 28, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 37 Discussion

minimiau - Nov 2, 2011

8 by ThorVermillion »»
Jan 6, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 31 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 18, 2011

5 by ThorVermillion »»
Dec 12, 2023 6:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.